Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa
6823 S Yale Ave
Tulsa, OK 74136Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mahoganyprime.com/
- Phone: (918) 494-4043
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5pm to 10pm
Friday & Saturday : 5pm to 11pm
Sunday: 5pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 9184944043
A word from Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa
Authentic American cooking including corn-fed prime beef, fresh seafood flown in daily, and "Everything made from scratch".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (50)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OUTSTANDINGJIngramDined on 11/18/2014Love, love, love this place. The steaks are terrific. Staff is great. Cant wait to go back, again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahogany's TulsaVickyCDined on 11/15/2014Charles and Sarah, our servers, were attentive without being intrusive. Charles was very knowledgeable on the dish preparation and the wine list. Ambience was quiet, private and soothing. Each dish from appetizer to dessert were well prepared, served at appropriate temperature, and wonderful in presentation as well as flavors. We will dine here again and perhaps visit the bar next time for wine and appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch DiningRoyboyDined on 11/12/2014This is a 'special occasion' restaurant. The food is top notch. Service is usual also though they were so busy on this particular Wednesday night (I suspect business dinners) that it was very good only. They didn't seem to be able to get the timing right on everything as they have in the past. Still and all except for price and the forgotten glass of wine it was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest place in Tulsa.JeffSDined on 11/12/2014It was our first time dining at Mahogany, celbrating our 1st anniversary. By far the nicest, relaxed resturant I've ever been to in Tulsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.MeatloverDined on 11/11/2014$60 steak was grainy, overlooked and charred in spots
- 2oldiesfromTulsaDined on 11/10/2014Best steak and lobster we have had in a long time. Impressed our company and friends from DallasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dinner was excellent!bullwhipDined on 11/8/2014We have a small group of friends who come to Tulsa for business twice a year. We stumbled onto Mahogany last spring by accident, and were very impressed. This evening's meal exceeded our standards! The steaks were cooked to perfection, and the wait staff was great. We like to interact with the wait staff anywhere we go, and if there was one slight criticism, I would say that the staff is so attentive and formal, that they actually seem to discourage anything other than the business of taking our order. That's fine, maybe the old stodgy crowd want that; it just isn't the way we roll. I would not hesitate to recommend Mahogany to anyone!Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We went to Mahogany for a romantic dinner. It was perfect. We started with bacon wrapped scallops, we split a New York Strip, they cut it in half and it was cooked the way we each wanted. We would go again.Special Features:
- MahoganyDavisVIPDined on 11/7/2014This was our second visit ti Mahogany Prime Steakhouse and the food and service were wonderful just as they were with our first visit. Plan to return every change we get. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sanisabel75Dined on 11/7/2014Very unique experience cannot wait to return with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Nice restaurant for special occasions. We went for our anniversary so could justify the cost. The food and service was excellent. I'd recommend this facility but would caution people that the prices are up there.Special Features:
- DozerDined on 10/31/2014I brought my Mother in on her birthday and she just had a great time.The staff were very sweet to her she enjoyed it very much.I got the bone in ny strip steak and she got the 8 ounce filet our sides were the mac and cheese and creamed s. delicious! They paid for her dessert for her b-day.My thanks to the staff we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHuffmanjaDined on 10/30/2014Although pricey, it was worth it. The food and service are far above what you will find at other restaurants. Excellent dining for that special occasion in your life.Special Features:
- what i expectedoldcharacterDined on 10/25/2014It was definantly a worth while dining experience. It was very expensive. The porterhouse steak was a little too salty. We had the mac and cheese, house salad, salad wedge and a baked potato, all were very good. The service could not have been any better!Special Features:
- Excellent In Every DetailiamrichandfamousDined on 10/20/2014Excellent in every detail. Wait staff obviously trained to perfection. All were professional in appearance, knowledge, demeanor and deportment. Attention to detail is obviously the hallmark of this establishment. Food was prepared excellently and to my desire. Will return again.Special Features:
- Excellent steak housefoodiemoss86Dined on 10/19/2014We go to Mahogany's at least once a year to celebrate a birthday or anniversary. It is hands down our favorite resturant for steak. The flavor of the meat is incredible and it always cooked to perfection. All of the food is very fresh and well seasoned. The lobster mac is one of my favorite side dishes and the asparagus with hollandaise is very tasty. We've never had an appetizer we didn't like. The crab cakes and tuna tartare were both very good. Service is always excellent and the ambiance is relaxing. You can dress up or be somewhat casual. Menu prices are $40-$50s for steaks, $12-$20 for appetizers, $7-$12 for sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Edible Foodsarah30000Dined on 10/11/2014The most incredible service I have ever received, which is what I really felt like I was paying for. I'm sorry to report the food was not impressive. My steak was not tender and over seasoned with pepper. Thankfully I ordered the asparagus with hollandaise sauce, which made my steak more edible. My husband had the Lobster Cargot appetizer. I am allergic to shellfish so did not try it but he said it was very good. Pretty disappointing after a lot of anticipation. Even if it had been less expensive I would not plan on returning.Special Features:
- Excellent servicePitchVIPDined on 10/8/2014The staff was friendly and made sure that every need was met. Exceptionally knowledgable about wine list as well as the cuts of meats. Very popular spot but could use better parking options.Special Features:
- super43packratDined on 10/5/2014service was great and timely, dinner entrée was excellent and prepared exactly as ordered, desert was perfect. could not have written a better script for our 35th anniversary.Special Features:
- Overall, a very forgettable meal.FrankDined on 9/29/2014I had long heard that steak in the West or Mid-west was far superior to what was available in the East where I am from so when I found myself in Tulsa, having a great steak was high on my list of things to do. As it turned out, I have had better steak at several places in the East. Maybe, my expectations were just too high.
- Consistently outstandingRandyDined on 9/20/2014Mahogany and Flemings are head and shoulders above any other Tulsa Restaurants. Flemings CAN be as good as Mahogany. However, Mahogany is ALWAYS outstanding whereas Flemings maybe 70% of the time.Special Features:
- Steak choiceRatethesteakDined on 9/19/2014I Chose the bone in rib eye and it was the best steak I've had in Tulsa and my wife and I have eaten at all of steakhouses in Tulsa. I was very pleased with tenderness, flavor and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningPhilDined on 9/18/2014That pretty much sums it up. The place is more than a steakhouse, it is fine dining.Special Features:
- Great foodgreatsteakloversDined on 9/17/2014The special was great my steak was perfect the staff was terrificSpecial Features:
- WONDERFULkdrspirtDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our 36 anniversary here. We had to wait a few minutes before someone came to our table and they furnished us a free appetizer because of it. They were very doting to us and made our night wonderful! We highly recommend for a special night or just to splurge on yourself.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerRoddyPDined on 8/31/2014For my husband's birthday. A lovely evening. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful, outstanding preparation, unbelievably delicious. I doubt I'll be able to enjoy any other steak. They will always be compared to Mahogany. Pricey, but worth the price.Special Features:
- Anniversary10Star20thDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I had a wonderful night. The meal was perfect. The staff could not have been more attentive. The steak was like butter it melted in your mouth. Thank you for a wonderful 20th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNairionDined on 8/29/2014Best steak Ive ever had. The service was a little intrusive and cumbersome, but very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the SplurgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014loved every course crab cakes, salad, steak, lobster tail and dessert. It was a splurge on the calories and the wallet but worth it. The service was great. Our waiter added appropriate humor and put us at ease. I would recommend for date night or clients. Great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Steak was not as good as should have been for $58 (bone-in NY Strip). Awesome service and table location.Special Features:
- Catpd503Dined on 8/18/2014It was my first time taking my wife to Mahogany's for her birthday and I was impressed. The atmosphere was fantastic, the service was sharp and had the right touch of timing. For any couple who enjoys being in each others company, this is the place to eat. It was great to be able to sit and enjoy my wife's company without distractions of cell phone calls, texts or emails simply because it made us feel good to be alone with one another. The food was far beyond fantastic and anyone who appreciates steak in whatever choice cut, you will not be disappointed. The price is a bit high, but if you're looking for that memorable dining experience to share with someone special, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwestern beefLarryVIPDined on 8/17/2014I was looking for a great steak and dined at Mahogany's while visiting the area. The restaurant is nice, the ambiance pleasant, the wait staff fairly attentive. Enjoyed the ceasar salad & bread. The side order of au gradin potatoes generally good but too much cheese for my tastes. I ordered an 8 oz filet mignon And it arrived cooked as ordered, hot and flavorful. My only disappointment was that it was not as tender as expected.Special Features:
- This has to be by far the best..Sampson21Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the great romantic atmosphere and the friendly, professional serviceSpecial Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Best steak in Tulsa...Unfortunately had to send my wifes back and therefore mine was not as hot as usual. We come for our anniversary every year we are in town and they always do a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialOUwifeDined on 8/5/2014Took my husband for his 50th birthday. I made the reservation on Open Table and just mentioned it was his 50th in the "Special Requests" section. Wow! The Mahogany staff were all informed and made us feel so welcome and special. There was even a little card on the table for my husband. They were quite crowded that evening with large corporate groups in their meeting rooms, but it did not take away from our level of service at all. We were in a booth and it was as if we were the only ones there. The menu had lots of options and it was hard to choose but we opted for something new -- bison steak! Quite delicious! It was a lovely evening with exceptional service and delicious food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DinnerBigAl1934Dined on 8/4/2014This was our 1st time to go to this restaurant, and we were so impressed with the service and staff. It was our 35th anniversary and every one of the staff came by to wish us a Happy Anniversary. The steaks were done to perfection, and we ate too much, but everything was so good! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Business NeedsEuginOKVIPDined on 7/30/2014I take out quite a few customers and associates in Tulsa. Mahogany's is always our first choice. Literally to the point now that I've got quite the reputation in my organization from eating here so often. Good stuff. Side note: Ask them to make you a seafood sampler as an appetizer or as part of the dinner for the center of the table. Lobster, crab, shrimp, basically several options available. I leave it up to the kitchen to pick for me. Except for the lobster which they are going to ask because of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 604 reviews are from the Mahogany Prime Steakhouse - Tulsa reviews archive.
- Words can't describeMyFancyFeastDined on 7/25/2014Hands-down BEST steak I have ever had!!! Been raving about it all weekend. I got the filet mignon. No fat, LOADED with mouth-watering flavor (literally every bite you fell in love all over again), & cooked exactly how I ordered it. The ambiance was great for a fancy date; quiet, but not too quiet where you couldn't enjoy yourselves, dim lighting, candles on the tables, and the service was awesome! Very friendly, helpful, & checked on us just the right amount. We will definitely be back! Had a fantastic time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakSteakloverDined on 7/25/2014Steak was the best we've ever had. Macaroni, au gratin potatoes and lobster escargot were pretty greasy. Next time we'll try something more healthy like the mushrooms and asparagus. The service was excellent and our wait staff was very down to earth and friendly. We will be back for more of that scrumptious steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulsa gemSoonerdentDined on 7/25/2014Took my wife for anniversary dinner. Food and service were great except the wedge salad have way to much dressing and the chop salad didn't have much taste. The steak and seafood was wonderful. May have been a bad salad night lol. Will return and give salads another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.