Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Saloon
615 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mahimahs.com/
- Phone: 7574378030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00m; Dinner and Sushi Bar: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar Menu: Daily: 11:00am - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris McCandless
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate groups from 20 – 50.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Gardner 757-425-7800x
- Entertainment: Seasonal live outdoor entertainment from May through September.
A word from Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Saloon
The local’s oceanfront favorite for fresh and local seafood, hand-made sushi, great service, rockin’ patio dining with fabulous views, easy access with free parking, and good times plus MahPalooza 7th Street stage entertainment in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great for DinnerNumnumDined on 4/26/2014The food is very good. We had the Rasta Pasta and the Tuna steak with oysters. We were very pleased with our meal. Outdoor dining available with view of the beach.Special Features:
- Disappointing MealTalleyDined on 3/26/2014My wife and I and another couple are frequent diners at Mahi Mah's. The noise level in the restaurant is noisy but the food is usually good. Last week two in our party of four received seafood meals that were over-cooked. Our server offered to exchange the meals. One diner asked for a replacement meal the other decided to accept the over cooked meal. Later regretting this decision. When my wife's replacement meal arrive it too was over cooked. By this time the other diners were almost through eating, so rather than try a third time she accepted the meal as is, overcooked. The four of us have taken Mahji Mah's off our list of places to dine. This was the second occasion that we've encountered a problem the way the food was prepared.Special Features:
- Just plain wrong!MichellevspDined on 2/22/2014We usually go to Rudee's or Catch 31 when we are in town but My husband and I decided to try a different. BIG mistake! Even with reservations we had to wait a good half hour for a table that 'was just being cleaned off' only to be shown to a dirty table?!? The waiter was pleasant enough when he chose to appear - which wasn't often. The food was god awful! My husband had the fish and chips while I had a seafood platter. Both meals were greasy, over cooked and unappetizing. We haven't been this disappointed in a long time...
- Great Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Valet service was great, food service was excellence, food itself was superb...great Valentine's Day deal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great, drinks were expensive, overall great experience. WAS NOT a fan of the valentines day restricted menu though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine DinnerWadsyDined on 2/14/2014We had a great dinner on Valentine Day ..... and we loved being next to the fireplace. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2014We have been to Mahi mah's several times for our anniversary and we always have a great experience!Special Features:
- Whatch outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I have eaten there before and the food was better then. What really irritated me was that they added the tip to the check without advising me. I don't like it when someone try's to slip one by me. Watch out !Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Absolutely loved Mahi Mahs!! The sushi menu is delicious and so is the sesame seared tuna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahi Mah'sjayceeDined on 12/14/2013Seafood is very good. We had no problem with Open Table reservation and were seated promptly at the perfect table -- right by the fireplace which felt terrific on a cold, wet Saturday evening. I had tried to make reservations directly and was told they were not taking any more reservations. I decided to book through Open Table and was able to get them! From now on I will always book through Open Table!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mean hostesses, Best waiter everRVArestaurantGoerDined on 11/28/2013The hostesses were extremely unfriendly and downright rude (gave us sighs and eye-rolls and withheld info), but our waiter made up for it. He was polite, helpful and attentive and I have never had a better waiter at ANY restaurant. My group of four from Richmond, VA ended up having a lovely meal, but I still start fuming whenever I recall how badly we were treated by the hostesses (there were several stationed at the front desk, all looking very put-out). They had us walk around outside in the extreme cold to wait for our table – not telling us there was a bar where we could wait. Telling us simply "No" when we asked if there was a place we could put our coats, etc. The waiter made it all good and the meal was very nice.Special Features:
- My partner's crab cake sandwichStaschVIPDined on 11/9/2013My partner's crab cake sandwich was cold, uncooked in the middle and gave the appearance it was just thrown on the plate. My plate was ok, but did not gave a desireable (eat me) appearance.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicebubbablueDined on 10/28/2013Three of us celebrated a birthday at this restaurant as it came highly recommended. We had a table overlooking the ocean and the place was quiet around 6 on a weekday even though there were quite a few patrons. We each had a different seafood dish and all were pleased. We split two desserts and one could not be finished as the main dish portions were quite large. The waiter was very attentive. We would eat here again when visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food ExperienceThom7747Dined on 10/4/2013Each time my wife and I have been to Mahi Mah we have been treated to the finest evening of food and service that can be expected and delivered. We anticipate each reservation with joy and excitement. We now look ahead to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a classic!MySandyFeetVIPDined on 9/28/2013Since I used to live in Virginia Beach, I've been dining at Mahi Mah's for many years now. Since it had been a while since my last visit, I was happy to discover that the food is still awesome as is the view.Special Features:
- BeachybirthdayDined on 8/21/2013Always have great experiences at mahi ma's. Foods always awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyPumpTravelerVIPDined on 6/21/2013Maybe it was the day we were there but it was very noisy, you could hardly talk. In the past is was not that loud. The sushi was very well down but the meals were merely good.Special Features:
- SeatingBernardDined on 5/24/2013For some reason I believed that if had a reservation that we would be seated at table that wasn't in the bar area, in the flow of restaurant traffic, next to the door that patrons used to go in and out of the bar for their smoke breaks (they seated us at their worst table). After a couple of words with hostess we managed to grab booth in the bar area as people were leaving in a slightly better location. The problem as I saw it was that the hostess girls were all fairly young and didn't understand the difference between date and dinner date. Most people that go to Mahi Mah's don't book the reservations the day before or at all and people don't book a high top table at the bar for dinner. My review was revised due to character limitations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of my favoriteluv2eatseafoodDined on 5/18/2013This is one of my favorite restaurant to go to when I come to Virginia Beach. They have a great staff who ensure that you have a wonderful dining experience. The atmosphere is great and the food is reasonable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, the worst ever scallops goodSandyDined on 5/1/2013Our business associates working in this area as I am now, recommended this place to us for our 17th Anniversary, but had only ordered seafood there. Her Strawberry Daiquiri was really tart , her rib eye steak was so burnt that she had to flick the burnt ashes off just to find a bite to get a taste & then cut it in the middle. My wife's baked potato was not cooked thoroughly and most of it was so hard that the butter would not melt in the hard chunks. When our wonderful waitress came around, she saw the look on my wife's face, then looked down at the steak & knew there was a problem, the steak was black as soot. She was embarrassed that this steak to our table & offered to prepare us another one, but by then my wife was discouraged.Special Features:
- 1-year anniversary tripOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013was celebrating a special occasion. Food and service were excellent. Wished the weather had cooperated as we would have preferred to eat on the patio. Staff took care of floral arrangment that had been pre-ordered. Will always return.Special Features:
- We just love eating at MahiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013We just love eating at Mahi mah's. wonderful food, great service and a beautiful view of the ocean. My only qualm is that we can frequent there more.Special Features:
- Great food, a little on theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Great food, a little on the pricey side so we save it for special occasions. The only negative comment I have is that the tables are very close together and when there is a full house it is not only tight quarters, but very loud. This is not very condusive of a relaxing meal. I feel that with the prices of the food there should be a bit more privacy for diners.Special Features:
- Great place for outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/10/2013Great place for outdoor dining with a fabulous ocean view. Good seafood.Special Features:
- Always love coming here! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Always love coming here! We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- We arrived at 3 PM for theBobEVIPDined on 3/31/2013We arrived at 3 PM for the Easter Buffet, but had not been warned that at 3:30 they would stop refreshing the line, so consequently, to us, the buffet was "tired" and unexciting. I also don't like paying a high price for a buffet and then being charged $2.50 for a glass of iced tea. Nevertheless, the overall experience was pleasant. Service was good.
- As we arrived at the HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013As we arrived at the Hostess stand we were greeted with a polite hello and informed that we would have 1 1/2 hours to enjoy our meal before we would have to leave as they had other reservations arriving. I have never entered a restaurant where I was given a certain time frame to enjoy my meal. I have eaten at Mahi Mah's before so I was expecting a very nice Easter Sunday Buffet. This is not what we received. The selections were few, bread, coffee, tea were extra, the desert selection was cheesecake or small bites. My Mom and I each had one adult beverage she had a coffee. A 20% gratuity was automatically added and our bill was $99.
- Great Easter Brunch!SusanDined on 3/31/2013Great Food!! We attended an Easter Brunch. The layout of food was well thought-out, allowing guests to keep the line moving through the different rooms.Special Features:
- Great place to take your family.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Great place to take your family. Love being right on the boardwalk and looking out to the ocean while eating.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Love this restaurant! We haven't been here for over 12 years and its the same as we remembered...excellent! The food was fantastic and the service was great.Special Features:
- High Energy!!cndirector1Dined on 3/23/2013High energy restaurant, great food and bar scene. Glad we had an early dinner, fills up quickly!Special Features:
- Energertic for noise is puttingLateOTableUserVIPDined on 3/22/2013Energertic for noise is putting it midly. I do not enjoy loud places where I have to scream to my wife sitting next to me to be heard. Great if you're into bar scenes but not great for a simple evening of dining.Special Features:
- Had drinks during happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Had drinks during happy hour and stayed in the bar for dinner specials. We were there on St. Pat's Day and it was a lot quieter compared to then.
- Amazing food !!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013me and my husband went to virginia beach for a week-end gateway we stayed at the ramada on the beach and we had breakfast included at the Mahi Mah,s which was excellent and we decided to have a drink and have dinner there also both my husband and i decided to have scallop for dinner , their scallop tasted the sky OH ! boy we never had such a great sweet seafood dish... just amazing !! we would go back anytime without a doubt and the view is so fantastic and romantic , everything was just perfect !Danielle Montreal, CanadaMarch 2013Special Features:
- Very nice. Good food. GoodKACKIETDined on 3/2/2013Very nice. Good food. Good service. Casual dining. We were actually a little overdressed.Special Features:
- Good food and service butQuizVIPDined on 2/22/2013Good food and service but overpriced for what you get
- Eat at Waterman's insteadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We dined here on Valentine's Day thinking a nice dinner overlooking the oceanfront would be fun. When we arrived, we were taken quickly to our table which had a nice candle and rose waiting for us--nice touch. But that was where our pleasant experience ended. We waited ten minutes for our server to arrive with our drinks (water). They had a special menu for V Day that was a 4 course meal. However it took 20 minutes for our appetizer to arrive--a cheeseboard. It included cheap cheeses and stale crackers. The rest of our food was okay, but not great. And our service throughout was sub-par. You can imagine our displeasure when we saw the 19% gratuity added to our bill. The manager was no help. Will not eat there again.
- My husband and I went on Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I went on Valentine's Day. Reservations were required and there was a set menu. Everything was delicious and the service was very efficient!Special Features:
- Dont bother!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I went to Mahi Mah's for Valentine's Day and we were not impressed at all. The crab dip was terrible, it was greasy and was just bad. The caesar salad was small and not impressive. I got the filet mignon and that was decent, my boyfriend got the crab stuffed chicken breast and that was terrible, couldn't even eat it. The dessert was creme brulee, and that was not good, it was like pudding, not a custard consistency. It was just an all around terrible experience and I will not be back.Special Features:
- Better than exeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013The Server Nigel was great,he explained the food very well and had a great personality, the food was excellent, cooked perfect, fresh, great, great tast and product. Was very pleased.Special Features: