Mahe - Seal Beach
1400 Pacific Coast Highway
Seal Beach, CA 90740Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Mahe - Seal Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatmahe.com/
- Phone: 5624313022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily - 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Bar: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Bar: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chef Nathan Garthwait
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment Thursday-Saturday nights.
A word from Mahe - Seal Beach
Welcome to Mahe Restaurant in Seal Beach. Our atmosphere is cool, casual and comfortable. Our amazing kitchen and sushi chefs create a most unique dining experience.Continued
Come in and see what we’re all about - we promise you won't be disappointed.
Come in and see what we’re all about - we promise you won't be disappointed.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mahe - Seal Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (11)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Never disappointedFlyP51Dined on 9/26/2014Wonderful food. Great crew. You can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Great Fusion Sushi PlaceNateinVegasDined on 9/6/2014I have been going to this place since it changed from Glider Inn to Mahe. I hope this explains the plane on top of the restaurant. We, my Husband and I, went on a Saturday night, which since we had made a reservation, there was not a wait to be seated. It can be on a Saturday night, We ordered the Tataki wraps, excellent and Chioppino (sp). Everything was excellent. I could not think of anyplace better for seafood and sushi, in a energenic vibe of the room. Parking is via complimentary valet and they are very friendly and quick. This place is one of our go to spots in Seal Beach.Special Features:
- Great for SeafoodDymotoDined on 9/6/2014We both had the Cioppino. This is a delicious mixture of shellfish in a fantastic tomato broth. Restaurant is busy and loud but the food makes up for it.Special Features:
- MediocreMaryVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wasnt impressed. I have lived within 5 miles of this restaurant my entire life, and have never been- but have always heard great things. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I came with a party of four- two of us in dresses.... and at our first table we were soaked from the wet seats, which i'm assuming they had just cleaned (very happy they are being cleaned, but was not happy to have a wet butt the rest of dinner). My husband asked for his steak med rare, it was med well... if not well. No pink whatsoever. My sushi was ok. Not something to write home about. All in all... nothing terrible to report, but I was definitely disappointed. Hoping it was a fluke... Maybe an off night.
- Super fun outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014We brought our 10 year old and she had a great time. I wouldn't bring young kids at night. Will definitely go back. For sushi, the prices were great and you can also get food like a burger for non sushi lovers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Have been there 4 different time always great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bitthday dinner for my husbandTaz1Dined on 9/2/2014My swordfish was excellent and I'm not a fish eater. My husband had the steak and enjoyed his meal. Next time we come back we will definitely have the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaheHBfoodieDined on 8/31/2014We made an early reservation at the last minute and were fortunate to have Melanie as our server. She was great! Poke appetizer was good, not great. Filet tender and tasty. Ahi entree a bit over cooked. Veggies crisp if a little too much oil. Chocolate cake dessert was a chocolate lovers dream. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but loud!EricDined on 8/15/2014Took my wife here for her birthday, with our younger kids in tow. It was a Friday night, so Mahe was packed with people and very busy. Everything was great, but it was very loud. The place is fairly tight, and the bar noise flows right into the restaurant (and I think there was a live band playing back there on this particular night). So it was tough to have a conversation across the table, but at least the noise masked my own normally loud kids! I'll definitely go back, but I think I'll try a weekday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 280 reviews are from the Mahe - Seal Beach reviews archive.
- We have been to Mahe severalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2012We have been to Mahe several times and it is always amazing.Special Features:
- Had A Great time. Food WasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2012Had A Great time. Food Was Excellent and Outstanding service.Special Features:
- food is consistantly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012food is consistantly good we love to eat there your doing a great job there.Special Features:
- Mahe's....is the BEST!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012I've eaten at Mahe's three times, and each time it just gets better!! Your servers are extremely charming and informed, the grilled halibut is unbelievable, we love your wines, the valet service is wonderful, and we couldn't look forward to it eating out more, each time we come. Thank you for making such a wonderful experience for us!Special Features:
- I've been to Mahe severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012I've been to Mahe several times. Every time has been a 10+. Cool bar, fantastic sushi, and the BEST Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi........Special Features:
- We started with drinks atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012We started with drinks at the bar..mahe-tinis and beer. It was happy hour..great prices! At the table we started with the rock shrimp appetizer (spicy) since the server said it was his favorite. It was very tasty. The service was wonderful. Food was delicious. We had some sunshine rolls and then dinner. We had the mahi mahi dinner, the seafood pasta, ciopinno, and a tasty beet salad. We ddid not have room for dessert but made plans to definitely come back!Special Features:
- Add to your Restaurant RolodexOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012From the moment we stepped into the restaurant it was a memorable experience. The food was good and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Just OKJakesterVIPDined on 10/13/2012Saturday night - crowded & very noisy - hard to hold a conversation. Lots of wait staff, but the service provided was just "OK". Food decent but not memorable.
- It is always a good time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012It is always a good time at Mahe. The waiters/waitresses are AWESOME and Brian in the bar always makes sure you are having a great time and serves the BEST drinks!!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Great food, great atmosphere. We've been to Mahe's several times and it always is a pleasureable experience.Special Features:
- I love Seal Beach! Though,RubyVIPDined on 9/29/2012I love Seal Beach! Though, was a little disappointed in the quality of the fish.... maybe it was a bad day for fish =( Nice place, though! I would go back again.Special Features:
- Appetizers,scallops,sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Appetizers,scallops,sushi best i have had in a ling time.Special Features:
- This is a restaurant thatCatMomVIPDined on 9/24/2012This is a restaurant that cares about their patrons -- and they know their food / menu.
- As always, the atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012As always, the atmosphere, food and service were fantastic. The bar was crowded, which is actually perfect because it added to the energy of the band- The Reflexx. We had a great night, one of many at Mahe.Special Features:
- Good sushi, good land and sea food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012Good food in a small happening place. Great live band bar at back , amazing seafood and great land food.Special Features:
- Server at the bar side notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Server at the bar side not polite. Pushing the people at the dance floor to pass through and not even saying excuse me. I think they expect that by pushing us away were suppose to understand and know that we need to move away from them. Dance floor needs to be a bit bigger. Maybe it will avoid the pushing as well if they make te dance floor bigger and not so tight and squeeze.
- One of my very favorites inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2012One of my very favorites in L.A./Orange County (and I do make the drive from Arcadia) - I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Much too loud to be able toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012Much too loud to be able to enjoy table conversation. Steak was just okay.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012This was our first time at this location. Sushi was fantastic. Our server Chris was Awesome . Would recommend this resturant to anyone. We have tried their fish dishes at the Dana. Point location and it was delicious .Special Features:
- My All Time Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2012Absolutely love this place. Their sushi is nothing short of amazing. The servers are always energentic and willing to share insight on their favorite menu items, which always turn out fantastic. The drinks are good as well, and the wine is a healthy serving. The menu is a bit pricey, but absolutely worth every penny. We actually drive 90 miles to enjoy a meal here and it is worth every mile as well! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- First time at this resataurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2012First time at this resataurant. Great food, but a bit noisy. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent sushi as well asOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/2/2012Excellent sushi as well as great fish dishes. It was well prepared along with a great presentation on the plate. We enjoyed every dish we ate. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- I have been going to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012I have been going to this place for several years now and everytime I go I find something new on the menu that I absolutely love. I would recommend this restraunt to anyone. Service is always excellent, and the food is even better.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012One of our favorite spots for a great meal and wonderful, friendly device. Everyone from the Hostess to the servers are exceptional! Love Mahe'!! you will too :) Lang GangSpecial Features:
- Mahe never disappoints. TheirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012Mahe never disappoints. Their specialty rolls are fabulous, as well as the service and atmosphere. Love, Love, Love!!!Special Features:
- We had an awesome time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012We had an awesome time there. Chris, our waiter, was fantastic! The bar was energetic and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- What a great place. It neverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012What a great place. It never disappionts. Fantastic food, Fantastic service, fantastic drinks!! I highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Thank you so much for an awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Thank you so much for an awesome dinner. We were celebrating my 2 son in laws birthdays. This is the second year we have come there and it was so good. Our waitress Melanie? was the greatest. Please tell her! Thank you again!!Special Features:
- Great Food. Wonderful appetizers.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Great Food. Wonderful appetizers. Our waiter, Chris, was great.Special Features:
- The Food. The Food is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012The Food. The Food is very Consistant. We know what to expect at Mahe.Special Features:
- Mahe has THE best sushi rolls!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2012Mahe has THE best sushi rolls! The mai tai's are awesome!Special Features: