Maguire's North Dallas
17552 N Dallas Pky
Dallas, TX 75287Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Maguire's North Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maguiresdallas.com/
- Phone: 9728180068x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday 5:00 -9:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday 5:00 -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alberto Solis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maguire's can cater groups of 10 up to 800. We offer drop-off delivery or full service catering. Please see our website for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private area for up to 50 guests. Restaurant buyouts available for up to 250.
- Private Party Contact: Teri Potts 9728180068x
- Entertainment: Live music Sunday brunch from 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Special Events: Our private dining space will accommodate up to 56 for a seated dinner or up to 75 for a reception style event.
A word from Maguire's North Dallas
Maguire's is a neighborhood restaurant for the casual gourmet. Our Chef's have created a menu that will appeal to the adventurous palates without intimidating the more traditional. With Private dining rooms, al fresco dining, artisan cocktails, comfy lounge seating and an extensive, reasonably priced wine list, Maguire's offers something for everyone and every occasion. Maguire's also offers full-service catering for any size event or budget!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Maguire's North Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Maguire's North Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (40)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Mcguire's remodeled the entrance from the last time I visited. The new entrance provides a fresh look that enhances the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent good foodLlbbtx1Dined on 8/25/2014They recently remodeled to make the bar area larger and open. Didn't care for the remodeling, but the menu was the same, which is a good thing.Special Features:
- Great ambienceLouMarybethDined on 8/24/2014Excellent base menu with terrific specials. The staff is all service oriented, friendly and very capable.Special Features:
- SpectacularkevsharDined on 8/24/2014This was our first experience to see the new decor and it's BEAUTIFULLY done... Love this restaurant, food and the staff. Thank you....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Great place for any meal, food is always good, tea is the best, service is excellentSpecial Features:
- Always consistent and fabulous!chozieaterVIPDined on 8/6/2014Love their daily specials. However, anything on the menu is outstanding. Tried the new kale and fried egg salad. It was sumptuous!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerScooterDined on 8/5/2014What a wonderful evening! The red fish was our choice and it was perfect in flavor and presentation. Our dessert's "Happy 30th Anniversary" written on the rim of the plate made the bread pudding most special. Thank you for a special table, one step up in the restaurant - we loved the privacy to celebrate. If there was any suggestion we could make, it would be that the air conditioning either needs repair for the back part of the restaurant or a different setting is necessary on August nights when the temperature is near 100 degrees outside and a shower happens which ups the humidity - we were indeed sweating at the end of dinner...it felt cooler outside in the rain shower than in the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everybody was happyNelsVIPDined on 8/5/2014I went to Maguire's North Dallas with some coworkers last night for a steak. The appetizer menu left something to be desired, but the main courses were pretty good. All 5 people at the table really enjoyed their main course dishes. I would go back to Maguire's for dinner.Special Features:
- AWESOME!deliciousDined on 8/4/2014AWESOME meal and service as always! Waiter was just right and very professional, and food was very good! Will keep coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the Chefs Meal which was a surprise, and it was accompanied by 3 great wines...super night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent over allOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014I purposed to my wife at this restaurant and we always go there for very special occasions. We are Never dissatisfied. The food is always perfect. This service was a little slow and the waiter was really not personable at all. He acted like he was rushed and just wanted to get the night over because he had bigger/better plans that night. That's to bad because this is our favorite spot for very special occasions. Now the greeters were excellent. Thank them for the warm welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DadoDined on 8/1/2014Service always great as is the food. Love being able to have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ Maguire'sAudimurphDined on 7/30/2014Always consistent quality service and great food. A nice variety of choices and the specials usually have a unique twist....Special Features:
- Another great time...AuntieSocial1Dined on 7/25/2014Once again, Maguire's comes through for a business lunch. The food was very good and our waitress, Suzy, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchtennistipoVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is the perfect restaurant for a business lunch. Consistently good food and service with a semi-formal atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our 20th AnniversaryGrandmasterBDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I visited Maguire's for our 20th anniversary. We have dined there before and my wife considers it her favorite restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. One of my favorite features is actually the lighting. The lighting is calm and relaxing. Some restaurants we visit it feels like we are under a spot light, not at Maguire's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Nice MealMarkmm1Dined on 7/21/2014We have never had a bad experience at Maguire's. The food, beverages and service has always met or exceeded our expectations. This latest visit was no exception. Thank you for another nice evening meal with friends.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceAuntieSocial1Dined on 7/21/2014Had another great experience at Maguire's. The kitchen had sold out of the appetizer we requested and one of our guests was gluten free and there was not another option available according to the menu. The waitress let the chef know (unbeknownst to us) and the chef whipped up two fantastic appetizers for us on the house! Attention to detail like that ensures we will be back time and again!Special Features:
- A comfortable restaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 7/20/2014We go here for American comfort food, which includes steak and hamburgers, and meatloaf. Have not tried the seafood dishes except the escargot which is excellent by the way and we always order it. We requested medium rare for both the steak and the hamburger, and they were medium. Service is great and they offered to take it back, but we couldn't be bothered. I would order sauces on the side as some, like the port, are pretty heavy handed. We've come here before and the entrees were cooked to perfection. Maybe it was an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DadoDined on 7/18/2014Had not been here in a long time. Really enjoyed the whole evening. Our waitress was especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch outing in a long time!SumtasticDined on 7/13/2014I have a group of friends from all over the area that convene at a new brunch spot every 4 weeks or so. Sometimes these large group outings can be challenging. Some places have limited parking, don't take reservations, have rules about seating before the entire party arrives, rules about how you may and may not pay the check, etc. I had the most carefree brunch in a long time at Maguire's. We parked in the large lot, walked in, and were seated at a roomy round table with no other diners nearby, great for conversation. Our server was genuinely nice, attentive, and super on top of things. All the food was fantastic, and the Bloody Mary bar with Maguire's house mix is a must for fans of a spicy brunch drink :). Alos live soft jazz music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food tip tophealthyscratchDined on 7/11/2014the food NEVER disappoints. clientele seemed way old but very nice place. attentive service. Great Value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smh1958Dined on 7/11/2014Nice place, good bar area, service attentive nice vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpankyDined on 7/10/2014Maguire's never is a disappointment. The service and food is always very good, great place for a business luncheon or for getting together with friends for a drink in the afternoon.Special Features:
- Maguire's in N Dallas is awesome!CulinaryDined on 7/6/2014This is truly an awesome restaurant with exceptional menu, quality and very reasonable prices. NO TV's to distract, NO loud background music to irritate! The focus is on great service, great food and great ambiance! The Maguire's salad is superb, the chocolate volcano a terrific finish to a wonderful meal! Truly a nice place....the bar tender is not however very attentive and he seems bored by his job...that is the only disappointment here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Musicsteveb802000Dined on 7/6/2014The Sunday brunch singer and her accompanist made our dining experience so enjoyable! I would highly recommend Maguire's North Dallas to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!GRichardsonVIPDined on 7/2/2014As usual, food and service were great. The variety of choices makes everyone happy. No one with me on any of my 20+ visits has ever had a complaint and it is not unusually to have someone say "this is the best ... that I have ever had!" Be sure to get the sweet potatoes (although the garlic mashed are great too). The meatloaf is one that is worth cheating a bit on your diet (and is enough for 2 meals - so share or take home).Special Features:
- Meat LoafDMatthesVIPDined on 6/28/2014This meal is outstanding! This is my second time for the meat loaf and it is good every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful placeLouMarybethDined on 6/22/2014We make it a weekly practice to eat at Maguires every Thursday night and enjoy the wine dinners and take visiting friends that are in toiwn. Mark has done a great job of hiring really great staff and changing specials after receiving feedback from his customers. Our favorite restaurant in Dallas.Special Features:
- Great findorderupDined on 6/15/2014Menu had good variety; red fish and a ribeye were both very good. Beginning with the Salmon was a good way to start the meal. Comfortable, maybe a little old fashioned vibe in the restaurant was nice; think rat pack not New York mob. I will be back to try the meat loaf and green chili lasagna. Sunday's 1/2 price wine was also appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!Missmac1Dined on 6/15/2014We always choose Maguire's for special occasions and are never disappointed! The musicians are an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Maguire's is our annual tradition for Father's Day Brunch and it never disappoints. We often come other times of the year as well and we have never had a bad meal or bad waiter. Highly recommend the bar and bartenders are the best. Thanks for helping create memories year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchJud2CDined on 6/13/2014Great for business lunch. Not overly noisy. Service is good but not obtrusive. Food is prepared perfectly and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always elegant and consistentchozieaterVIPDined on 6/9/2014Love the daily specials. My guest is gluten free. We went on Monday and the special was Almond-crusted trout with mashed sweet potatoes and grilled vegetables. He was delighted and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Just So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I went to McGuires for the first time this weekend as a girls night out and it was just ok. I'd read the reviews online and they were glowing but when we visited it was just so-so. Our waitress was pretty lackluster and seemed like we were a bother rather than wanting to wait on us. It was like pulling teeth trying to get her to engage more warmly with us. She got out initial drink order TOTALLY wrong and we ALL 3 asked for d the SAME drink. How does that happen?? My pork chop was TOO LARGE (seriously about the size of both my hands together) and dry with a bland sauce on top. The best thing about the meal was the Sangria Punch which was actually our "accidental" first drink. I don't think I will be visiting again.
- Lovely surpriseWillDined on 5/30/2014I had my in-laws in town and my wife couldn't think of anyplace so I found this on Opentable and made a reservation. Its a very nice restaurant inside, but the prices are very good, the steak was priced much higher than anything else on the menu, but the four of us all had other things. We were very happy everything was delicious and my wife and I would definitely return. They have soft and creamy butter for the variety of bread compared to that ice cold butter cubes some places give you that you can't spread on the bread...( I hate that ) . I took the meatloaf, which has veal in it, and was not disappointed. Do try this place.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014I had been to Maguires for dinner before but recently went for lunch with a group of friends in town visiting. Everyone really enjoyed their food and the service was excellent! I will definitely be going back there for lunch sometime soon.Special Features:
- Copper RiverFoodhoundDined on 5/25/2014Our party of 4 had a great dining experience. The Copper River Salmon must have been swimming with in the last few days before ariving in Dallas. Chef's staff cooked it just enough that it flaked upon the first touch of the fork. The lemon caper butter sauce was GREAT. First time we have had SHAVED Brussel Sprouts. Two in our party had Filets which are cut off the whole Tenderloin in the kitchen and were cooked as ordered. Get on their mailing list. They will advise you of specials available to those who sign up.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2014Really good spot for business lunch. Food is very good, variety of choices, and you can hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Maguire's consistently offers great food, friendly, efficient service and remains one of our favorites both for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.