Magnolias Seafood Bar & Grill
30415 Cedar Neck Road
Ocean View, DE 19970Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Magnolias Seafood Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.magnoliasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3025395671
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your gathering may be, it will unfold with the effortless elegance and grace that comes from the superior attention to detail for which Magnolias Seafood Bar & Grill is known.
Our restaurant is the perfect setting for your next business meeting, conference, banquet, wedding or special event. We are offering three beautifully decorated dining rooms. An attentive staff awaits to ensure your celebration will be a memorable one. Our food and beverage team can also cater a full menu to your chosen location.
- Private Party Contact: John 3025395671
- Entertainment: Every Saturday night karaoke with Dave Colt
A word from Magnolias Seafood Bar & Grill
The name Magnolia's Restaurant has long been recognized for its tradition of great food and unsurpassed service. The atmosphere, exciting 35 seat bar, great wines and martinis, two fireplaces, plasma satellite TV's, great state of the art sound and light system, comfortable seating and banquet facilities to accommodate up to 220 people. Whether you stop in for "Happy Hour" with friends or to enjoy a great dinner in one of our two dining areas, you wont want to miss this Bethany Beach Delaware hot spot, the new Magnolia's Seafood Bar & Grill experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Magnolias Seafood Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't bother - hi $, low qualityFatRat250VIPDined on 8/13/2013Grouper sandwich tasted like it was reheated - ick. Fries wwere cold - soups lousy. Skip this place - its overpriced and Wendy's is better food
- Just bar food with higher pricesCBLSmithDined on 8/3/2013The restaurant presents itself as a seafood place but it wasn't good seafood at least not the shrimp Imperial or the clans casino. The crab cakes didn't have much filler but they didn't have a crab taste either. Ribs were okay. The service was nice but we didn't see our waiter enough. Overall not super impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2013I'm constantly amazed at how hostesses seem to be able to pick the least desirable table in a restaurant while passing all of the prime real estate even when you have a reservation. We passed several open tables and were offered a table right next to a party of 10 or so with several children up and about the table. Really? Regarding the menu, the Norfolk Seafood dish was a little strange. The sauce tasted like egg drop soup. It really ruined an otherwise good dish. Also, the salad was slow coming out and then the server was right back telling us our entree was ready and asking if we wanted her to hold it in the kitchen since there was no room on the table for it.
- Not worth the tripFoodie4everVIPDined on 7/21/2013Was very dissatisfied with our meal. Ordered Clams casino and was mostly breading with a teeny-tiny clam, and the shrimp LaBella which consisted of rubbery shrimp and what seemed to be a canned, highly seasoned sauce. Was expecting for a beachy restaurant with Seafood in it's name to be fresh, good quality seafood and it was NOT at all!!
- Great place away from beachOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2013Magnolias is a great place to grab a meal away from the business of downtown Bethany and the boardwalk area. There is ample parking and it is in a quiet neighborhood. We had no problem getting reservations for a group of 14. The server was very eager to please and accomodated our numerous requests. There was a good number of selections for seafood and meat lovers alike.Special Features:
- First and Last TimemimiDined on 7/11/2013Magnolia's sports restaurant came highly recommended by an acquaintance but we were very disappointed. The service was exceptionally slow. The place was not crowded with diners at the time. The Chilean Bass was bland even though ordered with extra herb seasoning. The oyster breading was over fried and very thick. You couldn't taste the oysters unless you removed most of the breading. The shrimp salad was over-seasoned with Old Bay. The kids' chicken tenders tasted like something out of a frozen food box. Not the real deal. The prime rib tasted like it was left over and reheated. The shrimp imperial was good as was the stuffed mushrooms and potato skins. The average dinner was in the mid $20s. Overall, not worth the price.
- Our hidden gem at the beachseafoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2013Love Magnolias as it's good food in a good atmosphere without the 2 hour wait for a table. Worth the very short drive from the boardwalk area...bar staff and wait staff is very friendly and you get the feeling why this local place is becoming more and more popular with the tourist crowd. Oysters were great, have all the seafood items you are looking for as well as some standards and drinks are a healthy pour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average dinnerNeilVIPDined on 7/6/2013Not so special. Decent service. Below average food. Good for large partiesSpecial Features:
- Could have been betterHorsemanDined on 7/4/2013Although not crowded, had to wait for our beverages and our appetizers. Then, our entrees were served while we were still only half-way through eating the appetizers. Server was very pleasant but perhaps is inexperienced.Special Features:
- Consistent!NancyDined on 7/3/2013We have been going to Magnolia's for 10 years and are huge fans. We go there as a couple throughout the year and always take our family there when they visit. And New Year's Eve wouldn't be a celebration if we didn't have dinner there. The service is great with a special shout to Victoria and Dana. And the Manager, Todor, could not be more customer service oriented if he tried. The menu is their standard and when you see Rockfish, make sure you get it with the Crab Imperial. As a seafood lover, I have had all the seafood items and each one is delicious. Last night I had the mango-tini to start off the night and it was delicious. And if you have room, get the Peanut Butter Pie. I actually order it and bring it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service great food!YorkvwDined on 6/29/2013Ate upstairs in beautiful atmosphere! Waitress (recent grad of Salisbury univ) was fantastic!!! Very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Great service w/o being overbearing. Food was fantastic!!!! We will go back again!!Special Features:
- A Variety of SettingsMjtravellerVIPDined on 6/29/2013My wife and I took a quick weekend trip to the Delaware beaches and found this place on Open Table, based on price and location. There was a nice outdoor area, a lively bar area, and an upstairs dining room that was very well appointed. My wife and I were seated by the manager in the dining room, which was quiet and we had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was good, but the drinks were phenomenal. Our server was energetic and very attentive. It is certainly a place we will drop back in on during our next trip to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was surprised at the cost.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2013I was surprised at the cost. Over priced for the quality of the meal. Menu prices on Open Table must be very old!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood Dinnerlocalgirl6Dined on 6/16/2013Three of our party chose the Stuffed Halibut for dinner & it was exceptional! Crab imperial was outstanding and perfectly cooked. The forth in the party got the ribs and she too was 100% pleased. Thanks for yet another great meal. The only drawback ,we were sat at a table next to the bar and it was very loud and we could not hear each other however the food was wonderful! Suggest when making reservations request a table away from the bar and the evening will be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceChristmasVisitorDined on 6/16/2013Between the 8 of us, I think we sampled a little bit of everything on the menu. Everything was met with yum this is great responses. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal and felt comfortable hanging out over coffee and desert. Table by window was comfy with plenty of space for our group. Will go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined Evening Out with FamilyJoeDinerDined on 6/15/2013Not following my instincts when I entered Magnolia's was my first mistake. Choosing to stick it out after bizarre initial encounters with the restaurant staff was more bad judgment on my part. This restaurant was such a disappointment that I cannot really express anything but frustration at my own failure to bail out earlier in the evening. While welcomed at our entrance, there was awkwardness about our reservation and a ridiculous elevator ride to the second floor dining area. Our waitress was young and seemed to be in a hurry to process us through and get us out the door. Our appetizers were horrible. The mains were almost inedible. The price was too high. Never again! This was supposed to be a nice dinner out with the family - epic fail.
- Two ChoicesJessieDined on 5/4/2013You can either eat downstairs, where it can get quite noisy (no carpet, no tablecloths, active bar), or eat upstairs (carpet, table cloths) where it is much quieter. For some reason the restaurant did not have our reservation from Open Table despite me having a confirmation number. However, there was no trouble seating us and we were put upstairs in the quieter area. Food was very good, but there was one waitress serving a large party and two smaller tables. It was a lot for one person to handle, in my estimation. We did not feel rushed, which was nice. Not a very large menu, but prices are reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- While I've dined at Magnolia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013While I've dined at Magnolia's on several occassions I have to say I was dissappointed in the Easter dinner. My children were moving that weekend so I decided to take them to Magnolia's for turkey dinner. The turkey special was gone by our 6pm reservation and the server commented that it had run out quite early. Don't really understand how an establishment offers a special menu and requests reservations but isn't prepared to accomodate their guests. In addition, kids menu was not really appropriate for children...really, 1/2 rack of ribs for children 5 and under???? Needless to say, not a satisfied customer....my family had hamburgers for Easter Dinner...Thanks!!!Special Features:
- Was very disappointed in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Was very disappointed in our dining experience. Magnolias has a casual bar environment on the first floor and a white table cloth fine dining environment on the upper level. We were seated in the bar area and felt like we were at a tailgate rather than an upscale dining event we were looking for. Plus our waitress was unable did not know how to open a wine bottle.
- PretentiousKabobKatsDined on 9/18/2012Pretentious place. Very expensive for nothing special. Glad we didn't pay for it.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Very expensive! For a family of four. Loud. Not alot of food for price. Side salads very expensive.
- So great for kids!! Food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012So great for kids!! Food excellent ! We had a great time all spur of the moment !Special Features:
- The food was excellent, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012The food was excellent, especially the seafood Norfolk. We chose Magnolia's because of the ambiance in the former building, and missed the tablecloths and more gracious setting. We requested a quiet place for talking during our 50th anniversary celebration with our sons, but found the bar area much too loud.Special Features:
- Was a nice place to eat, everyonemendockjVIPDined on 8/22/2012Was a nice place to eat, everyone loved the food they ordered. Wine list was a little light.Special Features:
- Our party of 18 was treatedClansmittyVIPDined on 8/16/2012Our party of 18 was treated to a private room and the wait staff was very attentive and helpful. The food was very good. Would go back to Magnolias.Special Features:
- I have never seen a PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/12/2012I have never seen a Prime Rib that looked like the one my husband had. It looked like it had been steamed, not roasted or grilled. The fat on the outside was pure white and fleshy-squooshie, and the meat was grayish. Huh? Only good note is my husband said it tasted good, but presentation is important and this presentation failed.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Service was great. Food delicious - blackened grouper was perfect. The sides and amount of food was also just-right. We were seated upstairs which is a little more formal and quiet, which worried us with four children in our party, but it was fine. Best meal of our vacation!Special Features: