Magnolias at the mill
198 N. 21st Street
Purcellville, VA 20132Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Magnolias at the mill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.magnoliasmill.com/
- Phone: (540) 338-9800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Carp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Your Place or ours – Our banquet/Catering staff is here to please.
Magnolias offer prepared platters, elegant catered dinners, business functions and elegant wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners. Take advantage of our extensive facilities including several choices in banquet rooms and an outdoor option that will really impress your guests or let us bring the party to you.
- Private Party Facilities: Magnolias at the mill offers 2 Bins on the upper level, one seating up to 8 guests & the other up to 18 guests. (not wheelchair accessible)
- Private Party Contact: Laurel Sherman 5403389800x109
A word from Magnolias at the mill
Magnolias at the mill is a contemporary American restaurant within a restored grain mill specializing in locally grown products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Magnolias at the mill reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)special occasion (95)fit for foodies (89)great for lunch (63)romantic (56)good for groups (53)notable wine list (49)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (40)kid-friendly (29)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (28)scenic view (11)late-night find (9)Show More
- I've had better meals at this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014We were a party of 4 for Sunday brunch and were seated in the patio room. There were a couple of big parties out there and it was very loud. The actual restaurant has a nice ambience, the patio room not so much. Server was friendly and attentive. I had the Mediterrean frittata. It was over cooked, tough and no taste. I enjoyed the side of cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. I would return because this is an historic and unique restaurant with good food and good service most of the time. But would request to be seated in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance with AMAZING foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/22/2014We went to Magnolia's in August for our anniversary, and the food was so good that we made it a focal point of a recent trip we took! Their food is phenomenal - a nod to artisnal but not so over the top that you don't know what you're eating. It's good, down-home food with a great modern twist. It can get a little loud at night, but the service is always good and the food and drink selections more than make up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the nicest restaurants/meeting place aroundRichEDined on 11/22/2014Magnolia's is one of the nicest restaurants/meeting places in Northern Virginia. The ambiance is subdued and pleasant in the dining area, but also warm and exciting in the bar area. A great place to take a date if you are an adult, to have that romantic evening with someone special, or even to have a business meeting with a client you are trying to impress. I would compare it favorably over more well known places such as Clydes. The menu ranges from burgers and salads to prime rib, grilled salmon, with a contemporary flair, and the menu prices reflect that range of choices. With wine, you can expect to spend a bit of change, but its worth it. Uses locally grown ingredients when it can. Menu is quite creative and everything is cooked perfectly and tastes amazing. I had a friend with food allergies and they were able and willing to adapt their menu choices where they could to meet her needs with awesome results. I do recommend making reservations as they are often quite busy for dinner service. You can do it quite easily online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerFoodie23Dined on 11/22/2014I found the food and ambiance fantastic. Very busy on a Saturday night but I came away impressed. The service was a tick below the food/ambiance but the waitress was very nice and fluent in the menu. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wobderfulCalaarqDined on 11/16/2014Beautiful decor, great food, relaxing guitarist and friendly, knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 11/15/2014We have been to Magnolias at the Mill several times and we are never disappointed. We invited another couple who had never been there and they loved it. It is always a favorite for great food, interesting atmosphere, and a gratifying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Good FoodLoveToEatDined on 11/15/2014Magnolias provides reliably good food. We were a little disappointed in our service and table placement. We were in the side room and are server, while friendly, was nervous and unsure. The appetizers were okay - calamari and tortilla chips with dip - not so wow. The salads, entrees and desserts were much better - more wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Mill Makes for Excellent RestaurantzeldasayreDined on 11/15/2014We make a special effort to have lunch or dinner here whenever we are anywhere in the area. It has outstanding service accompanied by excellent food in charming surroundings. My steak salad was perfect but my other 3 lunch companions assured me their selections were, too. If you dine here you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let them talk you into dessert. You'll thank meNovemberfoxDined on 11/14/2014This local gem is always outstanding. The food is excellent, and the service is always impressive. I appreciate than they have local wines, and they even have signature cocktails made with spirits from the distillery across the street. My husband and I each got one of the specials-a little pricey but 100% worth it. Whatever it do please let them talk you into ordering dessert. Their pastry chef is really top notch. If it were a little cheaper we'd go all the time, but it is our go-to now for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 11/12/2014Magnolia's is a wonderful restaurant. Menu is diverse so there's always something to appeal to everyone. We had the salmon and their flank steak ceasar as our entrees and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014My wife wanted to try Mongolia at the mill for her birthday and wet had a wonderful time. The waiter was outstanding and very knowledgeable. They have a good wine list as well as a impressive beer selection. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Thoughtful staffKevinDined on 11/6/2014Went for 43rd Anniversary and wife's birthday. Special menus with our names and occasions were printed for us. Good Gluten Fee menu as well and the food on it is very tasty.Special Features:
- letsvegoutDined on 11/1/2014Great restaurant, but few vegetarian selections on the menu. The cheese board for $14 was not a good value for the money.Special Features:
- Food Undercooked, Waitress AbsentBdayDiningDisappointsDined on 11/1/2014Our waitress left us unattended for notable periods and appeared distant when she did show up (we were in a 3rd floor room for a party of 7). Took about an hour to get appetizers, then another 30 to get food where 2 steaks were undercooked and sent back causing further delay causing the manager's appearance who fixed the issue and apologized but no discount of any kind).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOBCarolVIPDined on 11/1/2014Love that Magnolias allows you to bring a local wine purchased that day without a cork fee. Food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regularCanuckNBDined on 10/31/2014Have always enjoyed Magnolias. The food is excellent. The bar is a good time and the wine list is very good. Love the old mill ambiance.Special Features:
- A GemcaseyDined on 10/26/2014There was not one things wrong with our experience at Magnolias at the Mill. Colon as a knowledgeable and efficient server. The food was delicious. We plan to bring a group of 8 neighbors there for our December get-together.Special Features:
- First ImpressionJoeMDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed our first trip to Magnolias this past Sunday, 10/16/14. Everything was very pleasant starting with the hostess. We had a little bit of a wait because came earlier than our reservation (to check things out). The atmosphere was great, we liked your impressive craft brew selections and the food was fantastic. We will certainly come back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.gbgbDined on 10/24/2014This is my 'go to' local spot because I know the quality will be good.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceNormDined on 10/22/2014Once again, we had a wonderful meal at Magnolias. Our friend, visiting from England, was equally impressed not only with the meal, but the lovely rustic atmosphere the mill provides. Friendly, impeccable service keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodLilyRoseDined on 10/19/2014Magnolia's never fails to satisfy. The fried green tomatoes are always great, the pizzas are excellent, the fish dishes are well done, ribs satisfy rib eaters, kale salad is great, bread delicious, and once I had a martini that made my head spin for fifteen minutes. And the desserts are sublime. You will not be disappointed with Magnolias, their wine list, or beer selection. I love the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014we met friends at the restaurant - they came from Culpeper VA and we came from Westminster MD so it was really a midway point to meet. they'd been there a couple of years ago and suggested we try it. we had a lovely meal and a great time catching up with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDined on 10/18/2014This place has is rustic and is inviting and comfortable. Outside and porch dining is bright and warm. The service is exceptional, well paced. The smoked gouda soup was amazing and the burger and home made fries were cooked to perfection. Definitely order the onion jam for your burger. Good selection of crafted cocktails. Bartender made a peach Bellini (not on menu) that was delicious. Everyone loved the chorizo hot sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal as alwayspvilleDined on 10/17/2014I decided to take a friend of mine who was visiting from out of town to Magnolia's, and she wasn't disappointed. She really enjoyed her flank steak salad and the house made guacamole and chips. I opted for the prime rib special, which was mostly excellent (with the exception of a few areas that were a little tough), and a side salad (which was awesome). I love the ambience here and love taking our visitors here whenever we have someone in town. The waitress did an excellent job of making us feel like we had everything we needed throughout the visit. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Simply Fabulous!Rami4andyDined on 10/17/2014When a colleague told me about a converted mill to a resturant I thought it would be a good place to check out. We arrived hours early to check out the local shoppes and coffee bar. When we arrived we were warmly greated and takes to the seating area of our choice. My granddad was a sawmill man so I loved the character of the mill. The food was amazing! My wood fire grilled steak was out of this work good and the garlic mashed potatoes were the best I've ever eaten. The atmosphere was casual and people came in jeans to suits. I wore jeans and felt very comfortable. The different levels of seating areas make it great for large parties to sit together. Conversation was easy because of the balance of music. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DessertsBinaryDanDined on 10/14/2014We've been to Magnolias a few times, but this time I have to say that the Apple Crisp dessert was magnificent and truly put the finishing touches on a delicious meal. Well done!Special Features:
- Magnolias never disappointsGingerDined on 10/14/2014We had been to Magnolias several times in the past and decided to take a visiting relative to lunch there while on our way to take her to Dulles Airport. We are all originally from Mass. and were pleasantly surprised to learn that the New England Boiled Seafood bowl was available as a special of the day. Everyone agreed that it was just like being home!!! Well done. Service was very good also and being able to make a reservation on-line was a big help. We will definitely make this stop more often.Special Features:
- Great Food!vball525Dined on 10/12/2014Everything was delicious. We were there for weekend brunch which was fantastic. Great stop on the way to Great Country Farm. Service was not great but I believe this is related to our specific server.Special Features:
- Wonderful GemRon0351Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is a wonderful Gem located in Purcellville, Va. The food, service, and atmosphere are what makes this a must to try. This should be on anyone's list for that Special Occassion or just to meet up with friends. The restaurant is in an old building that used to be a mill but has been transformed into something wonderful. So the next time you want to try a restaurant that is a little different give this a nod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is the second time we've been to magnolias and we've loved it each time. Food is outstanding and the desserts are fantastic. They recently changed chefs but you wouldn't know at all. The same quality abounds through everything and I couldn't give a better recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choices were fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014from spinach and spaghetti squash salad to our main courses: steak salad, pumpkin ravioli, and salmon prepared to PERFECTION, it was just a great experience. The chocolate chip cookie hot out of the oven shouldn't be missed either.Special Features:
- David and Patricia ModestinoPandDfromNewJerseyDined on 10/11/2014The web site was the resource that prompted us to visit. It's informative, easy to navigate and also offers the choice of reservations for two people. Checking in was swift and pleasant. The ambiance was comfortable and interesting. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. The house salad was noteworthy. The appetizer was the Greek dip with pita chips which were perfectly pillowed. I had the prime rib special with garlic potatoes and asparagus while Pat had the local all natural filet mignon, aged cheddar whipped potatoes, wilted mustard 34 greens, bacon hollandaise. Both cuts were cooked perfectly, delicious, fork cut tender, and portion sizes were satisfying. We will definitely be back and I’m going to have company in tow.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesrrstitesDined on 10/10/2014I live in new jersey and when in w.v. we always eat at the mill. Prime rib special is my favorite! Have not had a bad meal yet. They slighty change the menu from time to time but they always have tasty new appetizers and specials. Keep the prime rib though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The filet mignon and the new york strip were excellent and perfectly cookedSpecial Features:
- Nice meal after visiting VA wineryBuggedVIPDined on 10/5/2014Stopped here after visiting the nearby Blumont Winery on a Sunday afternoon. It has a nice selection of VA wines. The dining room where we ate appeared to have maintained much of the original mill equipment and surroundings. Dining is casual and staff were all very friendly. Had a personal pizza topped with a scattering of gnocchi (pasta). Although I had my doubts as to the pairing, it was very tasty and not overly "heavy". My guests both had the lobster salad roll sandwich with fries and cole slaw (which was more of a salad). Fries were fresh cut and perfectly done. Food arrived hot. Ingredients were fresh. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent . . . Again!JustOutDined on 10/5/2014We dined at Magnolias Sunday. I had the brunch calzone. Very good and plentiful. Everyone (four of us) had a pleasant meal. Enjoyed the guitarist. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backSquidkenDined on 10/3/2014Best in P-ville. Now I'm just adding characters because of the length requirement of the survey, but the food is gooooooooooooood.Special Features:
- ironheadDined on 10/3/2014WE visit Magnolias at least 3 times a month and the food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbyDined on 10/3/2014Food was great and the wait staff was delightful. A family favorite for us is the glazed salmon. Bartender does a nice job meeting specific requests. No place better in Purcellville.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Magnolias catered my wife's and my wedding dinner, so we thought to go here for our one year wedding anniversary. As always, Magnolias is beautiful, quiet, and everyone is super nice. Food was delicious, and we are always excited to see what they have in store when the seasons change. Great place for a special occassion, or just dinner out.Special Features: