Magnolias at the mill
198 N. 21st Street
Purcellville, VA 20132Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Magnolias at the mill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.magnoliasmill.com/
- Phone: 5403389800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mark Marrocco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Magnolias at the mill offers 2 Bins on the upper level, one seating up to 6 guests & the other up to 18 guests. (not wheelchair accessible)
A word from Magnolias at the mill
Magnolias at the mill is a contemporary American restaurant within a restored grain mill specializing in locally grown products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Magnolias at the mill - Best Restaurants in Purcellville ›
Magnolias at the mill reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (86)fit for foodies (81)great for lunch (65)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (52)romantic (51)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (40)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)Show More
- A GemcaseyDined on 10/26/2014There was not one things wrong with our experience at Magnolias at the Mill. Colon as a knowledgeable and efficient server. The food was delicious. We plan to bring a group of 8 neighbors there for our December get-together.Special Features:
- First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed our first trip to Magnolias this past Sunday, 10/16/14. Everything was very pleasant starting with the hostess. We had a little bit of a wait because came earlier than our reservation (to check things out). The atmosphere was great, we liked your impressive craft brew selections and the food was fantastic. We will certainly come back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.gbgbDined on 10/24/2014This is my 'go to' local spot because I know the quality will be good.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceNormDined on 10/22/2014Once again, we had a wonderful meal at Magnolias. Our friend, visiting from England, was equally impressed not only with the meal, but the lovely rustic atmosphere the mill provides. Friendly, impeccable service keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodLilyRoseDined on 10/19/2014Magnolia's never fails to satisfy. The fried green tomatoes are always great, the pizzas are excellent, the fish dishes are well done, ribs satisfy rib eaters, kale salad is great, bread delicious, and once I had a martini that made my head spin for fifteen minutes. And the desserts are sublime. You will not be disappointed with Magnolias, their wine list, or beer selection. I love the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014we met friends at the restaurant - they came from Culpeper VA and we came from Westminster MD so it was really a midway point to meet. they'd been there a couple of years ago and suggested we try it. we had a lovely meal and a great time catching up with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDined on 10/18/2014This place has is rustic and is inviting and comfortable. Outside and porch dining is bright and warm. The service is exceptional, well paced. The smoked gouda soup was amazing and the burger and home made fries were cooked to perfection. Definitely order the onion jam for your burger. Good selection of crafted cocktails. Bartender made a peach Bellini (not on menu) that was delicious. Everyone loved the chorizo hot sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal as alwayspvilleDined on 10/17/2014I decided to take a friend of mine who was visiting from out of town to Magnolia's, and she wasn't disappointed. She really enjoyed her flank steak salad and the house made guacamole and chips. I opted for the prime rib special, which was mostly excellent (with the exception of a few areas that were a little tough), and a side salad (which was awesome). I love the ambience here and love taking our visitors here whenever we have someone in town. The waitress did an excellent job of making us feel like we had everything we needed throughout the visit. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Simply Fabulous!Rami4andyDined on 10/17/2014When a colleague told me about a converted mill to a resturant I thought it would be a good place to check out. We arrived hours early to check out the local shoppes and coffee bar. When we arrived we were warmly greated and takes to the seating area of our choice. My granddad was a sawmill man so I loved the character of the mill. The food was amazing! My wood fire grilled steak was out of this work good and the garlic mashed potatoes were the best I've ever eaten. The atmosphere was casual and people came in jeans to suits. I wore jeans and felt very comfortable. The different levels of seating areas make it great for large parties to sit together. Conversation was easy because of the balance of music. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DessertsBinaryDanDined on 10/14/2014We've been to Magnolias a few times, but this time I have to say that the Apple Crisp dessert was magnificent and truly put the finishing touches on a delicious meal. Well done!Special Features:
- Magnolias never disappointsGingerDined on 10/14/2014We had been to Magnolias several times in the past and decided to take a visiting relative to lunch there while on our way to take her to Dulles Airport. We are all originally from Mass. and were pleasantly surprised to learn that the New England Boiled Seafood bowl was available as a special of the day. Everyone agreed that it was just like being home!!! Well done. Service was very good also and being able to make a reservation on-line was a big help. We will definitely make this stop more often.Special Features:
- Great Food!vball525Dined on 10/12/2014Everything was delicious. We were there for weekend brunch which was fantastic. Great stop on the way to Great Country Farm. Service was not great but I believe this is related to our specific server.Special Features:
- Wonderful GemRon0351Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant is a wonderful Gem located in Purcellville, Va. The food, service, and atmosphere are what makes this a must to try. This should be on anyone's list for that Special Occassion or just to meet up with friends. The restaurant is in an old building that used to be a mill but has been transformed into something wonderful. So the next time you want to try a restaurant that is a little different give this a nod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is the second time we've been to magnolias and we've loved it each time. Food is outstanding and the desserts are fantastic. They recently changed chefs but you wouldn't know at all. The same quality abounds through everything and I couldn't give a better recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choices were fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014from spinach and spaghetti squash salad to our main courses: steak salad, pumpkin ravioli, and salmon prepared to PERFECTION, it was just a great experience. The chocolate chip cookie hot out of the oven shouldn't be missed either.Special Features:
- David and Patricia ModestinoPandDfromNewJerseyDined on 10/11/2014The web site was the resource that prompted us to visit. It's informative, easy to navigate and also offers the choice of reservations for two people. Checking in was swift and pleasant. The ambiance was comfortable and interesting. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. The house salad was noteworthy. The appetizer was the Greek dip with pita chips which were perfectly pillowed. I had the prime rib special with garlic potatoes and asparagus while Pat had the local all natural filet mignon, aged cheddar whipped potatoes, wilted mustard 34 greens, bacon hollandaise. Both cuts were cooked perfectly, delicious, fork cut tender, and portion sizes were satisfying. We will definitely be back and I’m going to have company in tow.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesrrstitesDined on 10/10/2014I live in new jersey and when in w.v. we always eat at the mill. Prime rib special is my favorite! Have not had a bad meal yet. They slighty change the menu from time to time but they always have tasty new appetizers and specials. Keep the prime rib though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The filet mignon and the new york strip were excellent and perfectly cookedSpecial Features:
- Nice meal after visiting VA wineryBuggedVIPDined on 10/5/2014Stopped here after visiting the nearby Blumont Winery on a Sunday afternoon. It has a nice selection of VA wines. The dining room where we ate appeared to have maintained much of the original mill equipment and surroundings. Dining is casual and staff were all very friendly. Had a personal pizza topped with a scattering of gnocchi (pasta). Although I had my doubts as to the pairing, it was very tasty and not overly "heavy". My guests both had the lobster salad roll sandwich with fries and cole slaw (which was more of a salad). Fries were fresh cut and perfectly done. Food arrived hot. Ingredients were fresh. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent . . . Again!JustOutDined on 10/5/2014We dined at Magnolias Sunday. I had the brunch calzone. Very good and plentiful. Everyone (four of us) had a pleasant meal. Enjoyed the guitarist. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backSquidkenDined on 10/3/2014Best in P-ville. Now I'm just adding characters because of the length requirement of the survey, but the food is gooooooooooooood.Special Features:
- ironheadDined on 10/3/2014WE visit Magnolias at least 3 times a month and the food and service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbyDined on 10/3/2014Food was great and the wait staff was delightful. A family favorite for us is the glazed salmon. Bartender does a nice job meeting specific requests. No place better in Purcellville.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Magnolias catered my wife's and my wedding dinner, so we thought to go here for our one year wedding anniversary. As always, Magnolias is beautiful, quiet, and everyone is super nice. Food was delicious, and we are always excited to see what they have in store when the seasons change. Great place for a special occassion, or just dinner out.Special Features:
- Any occasionBJinVADined on 9/28/2014Great for a date or after a ball game. Definitely recommend. Starets and entrees are always good. Try the bread and oil.Special Features:
- DisappointedluvvirginawinesDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Magnolias several times. Our first experience was great, but the chef was a guest, and he did an excellent job with our wine-pairing dinner. After that, we found the food to be adequate but nothing to write home about. This visit was a complete disappointment. My crab-stuffed trout was overcooked and extremely salty. My wife and I both found our asparagus to be under-cooked and way too acidic. The potato-onion hash that came with my meal was bland to the point of being unappetizing. We the service is good, and the staff are pleasant. The sound level was formal normal conversation. Although the wine list appears to be adequate, we bring our own wine, so cannot comment. We won't be back until we hear of improvement.
- Seemed Very PopularSpringVisitDined on 9/27/2014Strongly recommend making a reservation, especially on weekend nights. We arrived in time for our reservation, and had a short wait while our table was prepared. The food was good, with an inventive list of offerings and very large portions. The restaurant was very crowded and quite noisy. The open nature of the building adds to the clamor. Overall, it was an enjoyable meal. Be advised that parking in Purcellville is somewhat limited, and you may have to allow time to walk to the restaurant from several blocks away.
- Magnolia'sDavidDined on 9/27/2014Great food, as usual, great service, as usual. But we felt a little rushed at times. Almost like they were looking for turnover. 75 minutes from seating to presentation of bill is a bit quick. We would have liked to have enjoyed our meal a bit more.Special Features:
- Great place to eat!JoshMDined on 9/25/2014We love Magnolias. We come here every year on our anniversary as it is where our rehearsal dinner was. They always make it special for us. The food is great and there is a decent range of choices on the menu. I can't speak to the wine/alcohol selection but I'd assume it's very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent as always. My son requested this place for his birthday dinner for the second time. Food was enjoyable and service impeccable.Special Features:
- Great Food and serviceFhlostonFoodieDined on 9/24/2014The restaurant is in an Old Mill and while there is some level of charm, the seating felt to casual for what it could be. The service was freindly and warm. The waiter was dressed professionally and he was knowledgable. The food was well portioned and cooked to perfection. Just the restaurant seemed to be missing something in the decor and ambianceSpecial Features:
- A Gem in LoudountincigarDined on 9/21/2014Magnolia's continues to be one of the best dining experiences in Loudoun. Mussels in spicy tomato broth provides a great beginning, one that can easily be shared among 2 or 3 diners. Burgers are juicy and full of flavor thanks to a deft hand by the grill man. Entrees, although a bit limited in range, have yet to disappoint. Service strikes just the right note of friendly casualness.Special Features:
- Excellentmjp1Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first dining experience at Magnolia's. The food was delicious! I would highly recommend the Salmon. The service was terrific. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love MaggieslaurvaDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant has the best service, food, and atmosphere. Its one of my favorites, never a bad meal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September anniversary lunchrumkatDined on 9/16/2014We loved sitting outside on a gorgeous September afternoon to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The food was amazing, our server was excellent, and the outdoor seating was perfect. We were there at 2pm, so not all of the tables were taken. Thus, it was more relaxing and less intrusive on other peoples' dining (or ours). Loved it!Special Features:
- Gorgeous historical restaurantVPeloDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I had dinner here to celebrate his birthday. It came highly recommended where we were staying (Historical Rosemont Manor), and we weren't disappointed. The place has a great story, and the decor is really amazing and authentic. There were so many enticing items on the menu that we ended up ordering a bunch of share plates to try as much as we could! Service was great and attentive - they even printed a menu with "Happy Birthday" on the top for my hubby! The whole experience was great except for one thing: there was a large party seated nearby that was quite loud, and it took a little bit away from the romantic dinner. I would happily recommend this restaurant for a nice dinner out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunch spotAliJVIPDined on 9/15/2014My new husband and I ventured to Purcellville while on our honeymoon in Middleburg. We had a lovely table outside, but shaded. I want the Bianco pizza with tomato sauce instead of white sauce. No problem! And it was so yummy! My husband got the Big Easy burger. He is still talking about it, days later, saying that it was the best burger he's ever had. And to top it all off, our recessional song from our wedding came on while we were dining. It was all just so perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!nightoffunDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious, however service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just for the HalibutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We ordered the halibut special and it was overcooked. Expected better for $29.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I WANT to love it, but needs workLoveTheCountryDined on 9/7/2014Love the location, love the outdoor ambiance. Very friendly patrons, great small-town feel. We had a couple issues, and the staff was caring, really terrific, wanted to make it right, cared what we thought. Good menu, but our food was a bit overdone, especially the fish and the drinks very small.Special Features: