Magnolia - Hollywood
6266 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Magnolia - Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.magnoliala.com/
- Phone: 3234670660x1
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday 12pm - 11:30
BRUNCH Served Sundays 11:30am - 3:30pm
(Regular Menu also available)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private back patio - seats 20 for dinner.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 3234670660x2
- Entertainment: Every first Sunday of the month, join us for BIG GAY BRUNCH!
Live DJ, Cocktail Specials, and a Bloody Mary Bar!
- Special Events: For all special Event inquiries, please call (323) 467 0660 to speak with the General Manager.
- Cross Street: Sunset Between Vine & Argyle
- Public Transit: Metro line: Hollywood & Vine
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking also available. We do have valet parking, but no stopping on sunset weekdays between 5-7pm, so pull around back onto Leland Way. You may leave your vehicle with us to go to ArcLight or Pantages for an additional fee.
A word from Magnolia - Hollywood
Magnolia Hollywood has become "the" neighborhood restaurant of Hollywood. Classic American cuisine with signature dishes like the Baked Mac & Cheese, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Roasted Free Range Chicken, and Mint Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches. Full Bar & Wine List. Great for dinner before a movie at ArcLight.Continued
Walking distance from Pantages Theatre and Palladium.
Walking distance from Pantages Theatre and Palladium.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Magnolia - Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Magnolia - Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (6)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Meh.DexterDined on 8/4/2014Place was empty. Service was pathetic. Server didn't mention the special, didn't know what it was even though it's the same every week. There was only 2 other tables of people yet our order took almost 40 minutes. Chicken pieces were tiny and only partially boneless. Mashed were cold. Mac & cheese nothing special. And had to flag down the waiter for the check. Would have been a disaster if our show wasn't until 9.
- Dinner Before a ShowSpokanLilacDined on 8/1/2014The menu has enough choices without being too sparse on variety. I ordered a steak and arugula panini with a mixed greens salad. The vinaigrette was nicely tart and light. My husband ordered the skirt steak (he likes it rare) and it was prepared perfectly. The tuna tartare with avocado appetizer was good. We ordered the mint chip ice cream chocolate chip cookie sandwich. It was yummy too. A few disappointing things. We saw a couple fruit flies flying near our food on a few dishes. They also didn't have a full serving of the Graham's 20 Port we had ordered. There was some left in a bottle on the bar shelf, but not a new one in their storeroom. We had to choose something else instead. We'd come back again. Service was quick. Staff was nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food near the PantagesKYBKDined on 7/17/2014The food was delicious; the service was good. The food also came out quickly. This is a nice place to go before a show at the Pantages - you can park in the Pantages parking and walk to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Love to go here when I am in LALG511Dined on 7/17/2014I've been here a few times. The food is always good. Nice wine list. Not overly priced. If you get there before 6pm on week nights, they have gear happy hour pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Day OutLadiesDayOut0712Dined on 7/12/2014A really charming restaurant for Lunch before the Theater Why is it not more crowded? both the food and presentation is excellent. Next time we will try the Patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed this visit...DrLydiaGrayDined on 7/6/2014We have been to Magnolia-Hollywood many times and usually order their skirt steak dish. This visit, I order my usual and I was VERY disappointed. This dish used to be served with thinly sliced pieces of steak perfectly done with sautéed scallions atop, on a bed of mashed potatoes and a small side of spinach. This visit the steak was overlooked, dry and tasted like leftovers from day before reheated on the grill and mashed potatoes were too salty. My son had the scallops and he thought they were ok, but not as he's had in the past. While I don't mind paying good money for a good meal, unfortunately this visit I felt cheated in the quality of food served.Special Features:
- Wanted moreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014They sat us in the back, as soon as we sat down we realized it was extremely hot and the A/C wasn't working. We had to move to the front near the open door and patio. Also warm not as bad although we had the noise from the traffic and auto flumes. We order a bottle of wine and a cocktail. We also ordered two appetizers for the table. The Mac and Cheese was very runny. The sweet potato fries were nice but the aoli dipping sauce didn't have flavor. When it came to the main course I asked for the chopped salad no meat it was chopped very fine and half way through I noticed meat. Another meal wan't cooked through. Both had to be sent back. I don't have the space to go on, but I could. The manger was very nice and tried to make it right.
- Pre-Pantages FindCWJW2Dined on 6/29/2014We dined for the first time at Magnolia Hollywood for dinner before a show at the Pantages which is just a couple of minutes away and it was a great experience. We enjoyed the tuna tartar, cheese points with tomato soup, scallops and steaks. The food was all high quality as well as perfectly prepared and presented. The service was friendly and attentive. They only had one Chardonnay on the wine list but it was a great Chardonnay and moderately priced. The only thing that kept it from being a perfect experience was the air conditioning was not keeping the middle room in which we dined cool enough. It was not a huge problem, just a bit on the warm side. Nonetheless, the overall experience was great and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food was deliciousLovetoeatDined on 6/22/2014Had strip steak, mashed potatoes, and spinach. They were excellent. Great flourless chocolate cake and coffee. Only complaint was the loud music. They had very few patrons so the noise was not from people. Asked twice about turning down music but it didn't happen.Special Features:
- Sorry I chose this place.1LindaZDined on 6/20/2014Our reservations were not even required since the place was pretty much empty. That should have been a warning but I didn't heed that warning. The waitress was much too curt, didn't spend enough time at our table, and wasn't helpful in any way. Our water glasses ran dry and were never filled, the food was tasty but minuscule portions, and the course descriptions were not written well in the menu. I'm truly sorry I chose Magnolia for our dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-Hollywood show dinnerLAPilotDined on 6/20/2014Magnolia is a great place to have dinner before going to a show in Hollywood. It is well located such that you can easily walk to the Pantages and the food is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We came here before going to to the Elephant Theatre on Santa Monica. Delicious food, reasonably priced, friendly and professional service and interesting drink menu! We had a large group and it was plenty spacious to accomodate us.
- Good food, good peopleForLoveOfMomDined on 6/14/2014This was my second visit to Magnolia's. The food was really good, again. The service was really good. We had their butternut squash soup, rich, creamy and delicious. The scallops were perfect, warm, tender and juicy while the risotto had the right amount of seasoning. We had them remake the scallops because they brought it out while we were still eating our appetizers. Big no no to serve the entree while still eating the appetizers. FYI - we visit Magnolia on Vine when we are in Hollywood because we like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for before Pantages showMCarterDined on 5/10/2014Within walking distance of the Pantages theatre! Appealing and varied menu. Dinner was delicious!Special Features:
- Good placeRyankeeDined on 5/9/2014Visiting from the east coast and just wanted a nice place for a bite for a true LA feel. Being on sunset blvd, it's great dining for a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Food was very good. Salad as an entree were very small and not worth the price.Special Features:
- Just okay...carter214Dined on 5/7/2014We came in for dinner before a concert at the Palladium. The service was really slow and we asked for no cheese on one of the entrees and it came with cheese anyway...that kind of thing really bugs me because it was shaved parmesan so it literally took extra effort to put the cheese on...so it was clearly just a lack of effort and communication between the waiter and the kitchen staff. For the food, beet salad was good but both the entrees were just so so.
- GREAT PLACEbahbeegDined on 5/5/2014Great food, atmosphere and servers. Priced well... One of my faves...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 381 reviews are from the Magnolia - Hollywood reviews archive.
- Ups and downsHotmessDined on 4/23/2014The food was amazing but considering how empty the place was I was surprised by the service. The waitress was behind the bar most of the time while playing with her ponytail over and over. We noticed that our drinks sat in front of her for a while. Our food was all run by someone else even if it appeared that she wasn't doing anything. However, the food is always delicious and we were done with plenty of time to make our show so no harm was done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INFINITY & BEYONDtastydelightsDined on 4/11/2014WOW! Seriously impressed with this joint! The atmosphere is super elegant, yet fun & romantic. The staff was just lovely, with great energy & an exceptional attentiveness, lots of love & care. From start to finish PERFECTION. The hostess was awesome & guided us to our table, the dining room was bustling, still very comfortable and welcoming. Our waiter was so rockin & knew so much about the menu, and was able to guide us into making some mouth watering choices. Grilled cheese points & tomato soup were to die for, along with the tuna tartar. The beet salad was absolute heaven, and my boyfriends roasted chicken was so smooth & juicy I was so impressed. YES to the desserts & MAJOR YES to the whole experience. THANK YOU! WILL BE RETURNING (:Special Features:
- BrunchPointhoarderVIPDined on 4/6/2014The burger was very good. Cobb salad could have used more lettuce for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great...service very off.ForLoveOfMomDined on 4/5/2014We like hole in the wall places, so after the play we went to Magnolia's. The menu has something for everyone. The food is very good and because of that we will go back. The tuna tartar with taro chips, outstanding. Crab cakes, great. Chicken with grilled veggies, scallops also worth the trip. The salads great. Strangely, some of the best onion rings I have ever had. The thing I take issue with was the heavy hand on the pepper in the risotto, which they re-fired and was tasty. Also, we had a lot of problems with the service. We saw more of the bus boy than our waiter. The timing was off, appetizers before drinks, the re-fire came out as we were almost done with dinner, and so on. The food was that good, they deserve a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely LOVED Magnolia!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/31/2014I absolutely LOVED Magnolia! The food was wonderful, the service was fast, and the waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. The restaurant is very intimate and is very rarely packed. The parking is very easy as there is valet directly in front of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too BadFranklinEatsDined on 3/28/2014It's a shame the service at the table was as bad as it was. Service at the bar was great. Service at the table left nothing but room to be desired. We were seated outside (as far back as possible) while the rest of the restaurant was open. Pretty sure our waitress forgot about us multiple times as we rarely saw her and our overall dining experience took 2 hrs (no exaggeration) and server didn't even attempt to feign interest in helping us.
- Near the PalladiumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014I chose Magnolia after searching for a nice place within walking distance of the Palladium. And the parking is way cheaper than the Palladium as well. The Magnolia apparently has a big loud bar scene in the front room and we were, thankfully, seated in the next room although the noise filtered through. There's also a small patio area in back, but we weren't that put off. We loved the large banquette seating and were attentively waited upon. We are everything we ordered ravenously. And the prices were reasonable. Highly recommend it if you're looking for a before show meal.Special Features:
- Open between Lunch & Dinner!Saffi2050VIPDined on 3/18/2014And that is not easy to find in a nice restaurant! I went at the dead time, between lunch & dinner & the place was emptying out. I sat on the back patio outside which is heavenly! Good food, good wine by the glass, comfortable relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over hour to get dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014We were seated immediately which was nice. Our server was great, immediate attention in getting our cocktail & entree orders in. We received our cocktails about 10 minutes afterwards but to get our dinner took over an hour after we were seated. We were starving by the time we received our food. Not sure if I'm willing to come back here to wait so long. As well as it was uncomfortably warm in there as if their a/c unit was not functioning this past weekend.
- Acceptable Pre-Show MealLindaDined on 2/16/2014We dined here before a Sunday evening performance at the Pantages Theatre. It was a nice walk and we were served and finished in plenty of time for our show. We both had well-made cocktails, one of them a house special. The food was fair but really more of a lunch type menu, and not that special meal to round out our evening out. Would be fine for lunch.Special Features:
- post musical dinnerCkc619Dined on 2/15/2014Went to see the Book of Mormon with our friends, and came for dinner after the show. Had made reservations for 5:15 pm so it was not crowded. Wait staff friendly and took care of us. Good cocktails, and food was good. Tables are VERY close together, so if it had been crowded I'm sure it would not have been as nice. Good if you go early. Would go back if at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gem. Friendly staff.VirginiaDined on 2/14/2014Little gem. Friendly staff. Quick service. Good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dining experianceJefeDined on 2/9/2014over all the food was very tasty I would recommend the Grill cheese and pork sandwich .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good enough for a repeatSolODined on 2/9/2014Although I personally enjoyed my meal, the general consensus from our group of 6 was the food was good, not great, and that the next time we needed a restaurant near the Pantages, we would try somewhere else. Everyone did clear their plates. Only real negative was that coffee was served lukewarm and we had to request replacements which took some time.
- Most accommodatingTravelerDined on 2/8/2014We arrived much earlier than expected, but were seated right away. The hostess was cheerful and helpful. The wait staff were professional and efficient. The food was fantastic! Will definitely be going back when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Nice spot for dinner before theatrelafoodieDined on 2/5/2014Our first time here. Very convenient to Pantages theatre. Restaurant was a bit empty when we arrived, but it was a week night. Wonder if it draws a crowd on the weekends? Food was good, though not outstanding. Prices reasonable. Service was very attentive. Would definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok...all around. bitPantagesDined on 1/31/2014just ok...all around. bit pricey for portion size.Special Features:
- Nice Little RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/30/2014This is a pleasant, nice little restaurant in the middle of busy, energetic Hollywood. It was an easy walk from the Academy's Picford Centre and, thankfully, open for an early supper between screenings. The soup was nourishing and delicious, but the Caesar salad was very heavy on the garlic. Make sure everyone in your party tastes it, or that person left out May be sorry. Service was attentive and efficient, and the bar and wine list very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Hummus along withTunaMicheleDined on 1/24/2014Delicious Hummus along with other nice appetizers. Service was quick & attentive waiter -knowingly we needed to make an 8:00 show. Dinner arrived quickly and we still had enough time to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousnessTheatreLoverDined on 1/24/2014Magnolia was an excellent choice for us before a show at the Pantages. The food was really excellent. The service was impeccable! We enjoyed a Cesar salad and the roasted chicken dinner with a side of cauliflower. The portions were generous and the wine was superb. We certainly return and recommend it to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great great greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2014went for a long lunch on monday holiday. wonderful lunch menu great wine perfect perfect i am a foodie and was blown away thank you!!Special Features:
- comfortable and hip all at oncerobincDined on 1/3/2014Magnolia is a lovely restaurant... it has a wonderful vibe. It feels both hip and comfortable at the same time. The people that worked there, from the hostess to the bartender to the waiter were very friendly and competent. We had a delicious and enjoyable meal. We spent a long time hanging out there after the check came since we were so comfy there. It has exactly the right ambiance... the right level of light and a cozy, yet modern feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.