35-25 Farrington Street
Flushing, NY 11354Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.magnarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7184453352
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Bar open to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Magna is a perfect place to host a private event. Please contact the Manager to discuss available menu options.
- Cross Street: Northern Blvd
- Public Transit: Magna is just 4 blocks from the #7 NYC subway and the Long Island RailRoad's Flushing station. Also a block away from the Q12, Q13, and N21 bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking garage directly next door. Plus street parking.
A word from Magna Restaurant
Come to Magna and discover Flushing's Hidden Gem! A true taste of Italy is tucked away just around the corner from Northern Blvd and 35 Avenue. Open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner daily. Perfect for business or pleasure.Continued
At Magna, you will enjoy a variety of Italian dishes and a fine wine selection. Let Magna impress your taste buds. Benvenuti a tutti e buon appetito!
At Magna, you will enjoy a variety of Italian dishes and a fine wine selection. Let Magna impress your taste buds. Benvenuti a tutti e buon appetito!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Magna Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- fantasic!CarmDined on 8/30/2014A++ ... great selection of food, desserts as well as drinks and our waitress alongside Fabio made our dining expieriance at Magna even better as we plan on returning to not only dine here again, but host an event! ... bravi Magna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very strangeDrGaellonVIPDined on 7/11/2014No wines by the glass. Half the dining room blocked off by yellow "caution" tape. Mediocre in just about every way. I've had better at my local pizza joint.
- HoldtheSaltDined on 7/2/2014The meat tortellini soup was extremely salty. Everything else we ate was fine.Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Magna Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wonderful eveningToodlesDined on 6/14/2014I have been to this restaurant before.You can count on the food to be excellent,and the staff is very attentive.I especially appreciate the subtle lighting and the quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundgigi4lunchDined on 5/17/2014The service is friendly, the food is excellent, atmosphere is wonderful. What more could you want? The prices are reasonable, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ContradictoryshuroVIPDined on 5/17/2014Rather a difficult restaurant to review. The food and wait service were absolutely top-notch. The ambiance is practically non-existent. It is, after all a restaurant in a hotel. But, I don't necessarily go to restaurants for ambiance. I go for food, and this one is outstanding. My wife and I had lobster ravioli and snapper. Both were excellent and nicely presented. The sangria brought me right back to Barcelona; it was that good. We had tiramisu for dessert and it was as good, if not better, than any we've had. So, if you are in Flushing, or even if you are not, and you are in the mood for great Italian food, go! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealJohnnyDined on 5/17/2014This was my first time eating at this restaurant. Both the food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating staff, decent foodSteveVIPDined on 5/8/2014Restaurant staff was very friendly / helpful in setting up table for 9, accommodating last minute changes. We also had a 2mo old baby with carriage, and everything was comfortable. Dishes were ok, and staff quickly took back mussels dish after my gf saw only tiniest of mussels. I recommend for italian cravings in an asian neighborhood. Basic comfortable simple hotel restaurant setting. Not for facebook fotobombing or anything.Special Features:
- Good Food when i go thereDavidVIPDined on 5/1/2014What can I say they have good food all the times I am there. Its inside a hotel lobby ...Special Features:
- SurprisedFoodHunter1Dined on 4/26/2014Went to Magna Saturday night on a whim because didnt want to drive to Manhattan and its 2 blocks from my house.Was surprised that hiding right under my nose was a great Italian restaurant a hidden gem.Food was great Our waiter Fabio was great They have a great wine list also Will definetly be back and am so glad i found a great place sso closeSpecial Features:
- Good Food when i goDavidVIPDined on 4/25/2014I have been eating here because I found it on Open Table . The food is good and service is good too.Special Features:
- Hidden gemAuguststarDined on 4/20/2014I have been here before with friends and I decided to bring my whole family for Easter lunch. As always, we thank Fabio, who served us so well in the past at Il Punto, for doing everything he can to make our dining experience pleasant and very enjoyable. We also appreciated Fabio's ability to relate to my 10-month old grandson. He had the baby giggling with his antics! Barbara was also very attentive and warm. Needless to say, the food was very good. I must repeat that it is the "go to" place when one craves For Italian food while in this area filled with Chinese and Korean restaurants.Special Features:
- What a pleasant find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014We found Magna on the web while looking for someplace new. It is charming, located in a hotel, (one would never guess it). A really nice Italian restaurant, good food, hefty portions, and attentive and friendly, attentive waitstaff. Also, the best coffee I have tasted Ina long while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantGooVVIPDined on 3/23/2014Best Pomodoro in New York City. Must try. Great Service, nice staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceJDenardDined on 3/22/2014The food was great, but the service was exceptional. We felt like kings and queens!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food; allowed usjoe2VIPDined on 3/1/2014excellent food; allowed us to enjoy without rushing; free parkingSpecial Features:
- Amazing!!!!TMACDined on 2/15/2014Found this place online, and went there for a first date. It was really beautiful. The service was excellent, the food was great, and it was not noisy at all. You could carry on a conversation without straining to hear each other. Ambient lighting, and very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceChristi487VIPDined on 1/25/2014Came here on a Saturday for lunch to catch-up with great friends, and it was lovely! The decor brought me back to Italy, I totally forgot that we were in Flushing. Everything from the meal to the service was excellent. I especially enjoyed the chicken parmigiana and the tartufo :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian spotdwonderVIPDined on 1/18/2014nice restaurant. the food was good, and the service was attentive. would definitely go back
- inexpensive and good serviceAlexDined on 1/11/2014I came with a big group, all rowdy teenagers celebrating a birthday party, and yet the restaurant was completely capable of handling us which shows great capability. The service was excellent as the workers treated us kindly amd with respect. Very patient servers. I liked the place very much amd can see myself going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gem!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Great place, fantastic food, quiet ambiance and super-helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to Magna to satisfyAuguststarDined on 12/31/2013I went to Magna to satisfy my curiosity about the place where my super efficient server at Il Punto, Fabio, went. My husband and I were not disappointed. We found Fabio, who was as warm, friendly, efficient, and attentive as ever. Jean, the manager, and Jocelyn, another server, were just as friendly and attentive. Magna is a gem amidst this area where only Chinese and Korean dining places abound. If you suddenly crave for Italian cuisine while in this area, do not hesitate to go to Magna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone makes you feel atPatrickVIPDined on 12/23/2013Everyone makes you feel at home at Magna! The portions are taste-y AND a good size which i all ways need by the time I walk in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem in sea of Asian placesrenpalDined on 12/18/2013We discovered this restaurant a few weeks ago. We went this time for a birthday lunch and it was as lovely as the last time. The food is wonderful, lots of pasta dishes, but the Tiramisu was the best. The birthday girl was very happy. And Barbara, our waitress was most accommodating especially to my elderly mother. A nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of Flushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Flushing GemFlushingFirstTimersDined on 12/18/2013On a visit to the Queens Museum of Art, we reviewed Open Table for recommendations int he area. Magna in Flushing was only 6 minutes away and had very good reviews as a local gem. We were promptly greeted and recognized as the non-locals who had made the reservation through Open Table. We were shown both the lunch and dinner menu when we inquired about additional options though we arrived at noon. They readily accommodated our choices from the dinner menu which included freshly made broad pasta in a home made pesto sauce with shrimp and spaghetti and meatballs with home made sauce and fresh basil leaves as garnish. Our coffee and tea cups we never empty. The restaurant has a very pleasant decor and offers wine and full bar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid Italian "grub"; friendlysprpDined on 11/17/2013solid Italian "grub"; friendly service and, believe it or not, great coffee (something even so-called top notch restaurants drop the ball on)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceShootergirlDined on 11/10/2013Our family had a lovely dinner here the other night. The manager was very helpful in picking out wines which turned out to be spot on for what we asked for! The food was good - great when you consider NYC pricing! Everyone was very satisfied. I was happy with the resulting bill! The service was impeccable. A nice evening out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's amoregigi4lunchDined on 11/3/2013My family and I had dinner Sunday night . The food was delicious. The ambience wonderful . Magna is a hidden gem. We will definitely return for an encore performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemRockStarVIPDined on 10/19/2013Tucked away in a side street off Northern Blvd, who knew there would be a great little Italian restaurant? I've eaten there three times so far, and each time food and services have been terrific.Special Features:
- ScottStamfordScottStamfordVIPDined on 10/8/2013This restaurant is a hidden gem in a predominant asian area. The food and service was excellent. They have a great menu and I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experiencemelaDined on 10/5/2013This restaurant has a lot of potential, but not enough advertising and most locals do not know that it exists/ The food, wine is well priced and our waiter was very good..Special Features:
- I have been a few time always goodDavidVIPDined on 9/28/2013Well this night I dined I had the opportunity to meet the singer Pat Boone. It was nice night . Good Food ......................Special Features:
- First time hereluvtoeatoutVIPDined on 9/21/2013We decided to give this restaurant a try after seeing it on Opentable for awhile. The fact that their inspection was A rated added to that. We had a lovely salad that we shared. My husband had the meatballs and pasta which he said was the best he's had in a long time (except for mine, of course). I had the Shrimp Marinara and enjoyed it. Next time I will as for tomato sauce as the marinara was a little spicey for me. The shrimp were done very nicely and tasted fresh. We will go there again.Special Features:
- Very taste-y experience; staffPatrickVIPDined on 8/23/2013Very taste-y experience; staff is very attentive provding personalized service.Special Features:
- Great find in our neighborhood.LovetoeatVIPDined on 5/19/2013Great find in our neighborhood. Never would have known it, if not for Open Table. Great for travelers near LaGuardia airport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was great. EverythingfoodlvrVIPDined on 3/22/2013This place was great. Everything we ate was on point. The place is very quaint and interestingly enough attached to a hotel which we did not know until we went to the rest room. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- We had dinner reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013We had dinner reservations and although the food was good, the service was so bad that it ruined the meal. We had to ask several times for drinks. Then they forgot my daughter's drink. I also had to ask the waiter to clean up the crumbs on the table. All in all it did not live up to it's reviews.
- We had a lovely dinner hereGrandmereVIPDined on 1/19/2013We had a lovely dinner here on our way home to Long Island. We were welcomed warmly, and everyone was so accommodating regarding menu flexibility. Our young granddaughter was thrilled with her delicious chicken dinner and the kindness of the staff. She proclaimed Magna to be her favorite restaurant! We promised we'd return along with her brother, who she said would most definitely love their pasta. Garage parking was another plus.Special Features:
- Pleased near La GuardiaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2013Needed a place to meet for a quick business lunch near La Guardia. Found the location on Open Table read a few reviews and pleased with the experience. It was quiet the day we were there but the food was quite good. Server was genuinely friendly and attentive but not overbearing. Special salon soup was very nice. Would go back again if In the area.Special Features:
- I've returned to this restaurantchrystinpVIPDined on 10/10/2012I've returned to this restaurant several times as they are so very, very good. Great food imaginatively prepared, prompt service, and pleasant environment make this an overall welcome respite from travel.Special Features: