310 East green Street
Westminster, MD 21157Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maggieswestminster.com/
- Phone: 4108481441
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 25 to 40 in the Ivan Gamber Room and parties fro 40 to 70 in the Kelly Ann Room. Also available for seminars etc.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Breuer 4108481441
- Entertainment: LIve music every Saturday evening from 9:30 PM until 12:30 AM
A word from Maggie's
Maggie's: a Carroll County tradition of hospitality and great food for over 36 years. Chef John Robinson has demonstrated his talents for over 32 of those years. He and his seasoned kitchen staff have consistently provided unique combinations of ecclectic fare, from simple pub snacks to the most sophisticated entree. His classic French style of preperation requires the time-tested standard of scratch cooking. Soups to sauces to desserts - all are prepared fresh in Maggie's kitchen daily. Not just great food but a pub of distinction. "A GREAT PLACE TO RELAX, MEET FRIENDS, DINE, AND UNWIND".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggie's reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MMofBaltimoreVIPDined on 10/15/2014Always good. Their crab soup is the best ever! THeir meals are large size to either share or take home for lunch tomorrow.Special Features:
- loved the ambianceShezDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, service was excellent. We sat in the back left room which was great for our large party of 9 people. The outdoor porch, bar area and other room looked really cute. next time I go back I would request one of those rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our family lunchDRad66VIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to Maggies. Everyone enjoyed the wide variety of lunch selections. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We all loved the seasonal decorations, and the country feel of the various rooms. We will be returning.Special Features:
- A very nice time.oliveDined on 8/31/2014We were celebrating 3 birthdays and an anniversary. The service was excellent; drinks and food were served quickly and our server responded graciously and effectively to every request. I would've liked a different spot in the room as I was nearest the busy doorway, but all else was great. So good to have in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodRskrDined on 8/16/2014Friendly staff and great food! Enjoyed our visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodKellyDined on 8/3/2014Overall a good experience. There was a problem with our reservation and they said they didn't take reservations from opentable so you might want to check on thatSpecial Features:
- Rosie1Dined on 7/9/2014We had the $20 Lobster special. 1 1/2 lb Maine Lobster!! It was fabulous. It came with a choice of side and I would recommend the spinach w mushrooms. I would definitely visit Maggie's again.Special Features:
- The following 43 reviews are from the Maggie's reviews archive.
- Maggie's ReviewboxertooDined on 6/15/2014We visit once or twice a year and sample many items. Most we would order again; however, the ribs are a no go. We asked to have them removed from our check. The sauce is awful. Crab cake was ok and the burger top notch. Service was excellent. It's worth a return trip.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!!TravelnProDined on 5/25/2014Had a very nice lunch on the outside patio at Maggie's. Service was a little clumsy, but seemed to be the inexperience of the very nice young lady who was our server. Menu had many options, and was heavy on the Maryland Seafood side (big plus). To top it off, they stock Powers in their bar, so we enjoyed a very authentic Irish Coffee while continuing our private converstation.Special Features:
- Great local restaurant!eyerishryeDined on 5/24/2014I love to support the local restaurants in Westminster, MD instead of the big chains. Maggie ' is one of the local greats that has a great menu with many selections that are all good and a good craft beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts were really goodCelebrate21Dined on 5/16/2014Nice place to get together with friends whether for lunch and dinner. Service was great. Desserts were really good. It was a nice fine in Westminster. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day lunchLovefoodDined on 5/11/2014My family enjoy at great lunch to celebrate Mother's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for group of 18!VerneneVIPDined on 4/28/2014Service and food were both superb. We even got individual checks, a real bonus! Personnel were extremely nice and accommodating, too. All 18 loved Maggie's.........and they'd never been there, before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience at Maggie'sluv2dineDined on 4/20/2014The food was wonderful. We really enjoyed our visit at Maggie's. Our Server was Foster and he was wonderful!Special Features:
- A little noisy but at leastPainteroneDined on 4/11/2014A little noisy but at least not boring. Main dining had no TV- good, shouldn't ever have one. Plenty of TV's in the bar. Everything ordered was very good. Correct temperature. Good portions. Attentive wait staff. Parking is tight on a busy night. Would go again. Enough said.Special Features:
- Large portions, excellent tasteSharonVIPDined on 3/22/2014We've often found that when a restaurant serves large portions, the food is lackluster in flavor. Not so with Maggie's. The food was delicious and our server was pleasant and attentive. A definite must-try establishment for anyone heading to Westminster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightMitchellDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I tried Maggie's on a Friday night for the first time last week. We made reservations for the restaurant side but decided to dine in the bar. The crowd was energetic and happy! Clearly most were locals...it had sort of a kind of a "Cheers" vibe. The service was fast-paced but the server politely took the time to answer questions on several of the dishes. The food arrived hot and nicely plated. We will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014Good, unobtrusive service; background noise was loud enough that we could talk with enthusiasm without being concerned. Good variety of food offerings. Food was great.Special Features:
- We always have loved Maggie'sAnnEspenDined on 2/25/2014We always have loved Maggie's onion soup and Reuben. We haven't found any competition that can match these specialties. They have a large dining room which is very airy compared with the original cozy room.Special Features:
- Overpriced and noisyscotto1Dined on 2/22/2014Not a review per second but some general comments: 1. Parking is attrocious, not enough parking for the customer base, had to drive around building 2x before someone left and opened a space. 2.We were sat at a table by the kitchen, and also rught next to a large door that they allowed patrons to use as an alternate exit and also to go in and out to smoke. So, we were constantly subjected to cold air blowing right on us. My son didn't take off his coat until halfway thru dinner.3.The dining room we were sat in was packed and the noise level was loud to the point that it was hard to hear each other have a normal conversation at dinner.4.Our waitress was very good and very friendly, but she was being run ragged by the number of tables she had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not noteworthy-no special serviceGiGiVIPDined on 2/17/2014It had been a while since my last visit - since I moved from the area. I decided to give it a try for a double birthday celebration. The food was OK - service was friendly, but slow. The glasses came and looked like they didn't get washed well - old lipstick and fingerprints still on the rims. I called ahead to tell them we were celebrating the birthday - and not that it is mandatory - but they didn't even comp one of the desserts for the birthday people. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJessDined on 2/15/2014The service was terrible. The waitress took her time addressing our table and we often had to ask more than once for things. My husband's meal was not as described in the menu. The 2 salads came out 20 minutes after the altogether bland cream of crab soups. The chicken Chesapeake was also terribly bland. The highlight of the meal was the vegetable medley. When we ordered dessert, it was delivered without its shell, in the hopes, I suppose, that we would not notice. It was promptly returned. For what they charge, one would expect a much better dining experience.
- Everything was nice exceptFamilyLunchDined on 2/1/2014Everything was nice except there was no reservation made. Fortunately there was room for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xmas week excursion to the countryBillfromAlaskaDined on 12/26/2013Seven of us on a family outing had nice lunches. Local crab-- soups, quiche, salad, cakes a treat. Farmed salmon very nicely, simply, prepared--cant match wild Chinook in season, but then nothing can. Welcoming landlord & waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservation here beforetheatergeekDined on 11/24/2013Made a reservation here before seeing a show at the nearby community college. Server was friendly and place was cute but the food was mediocre at best and a bit overpriced considering the location. A bit disappointing but served the purpose when taking a day trip in the country.
- next timepoppyDined on 10/6/2013the piped-in music was very loud, making it difficult for conversation between just 2 people. the Caesar salad was OK. Nice fresh chicken on top of regular lettuce. Service was good. very noisy when people begin to fill the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy!TerryDined on 10/1/2013We always enjoy going to Maggie's! The food is always cooked perfect and Stacey our waitress is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgersOutforabiteDined on 9/28/2013Burgers are quite tasty! Server was attentive. Seated in dining room but close to bar area which was a bit noisy but expected when there was a game on tv.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cream of Crab soup wasCarolDined on 7/9/2013The Cream of Crab soup was excellent - thick and meaty, just the way that I like it. The crag cake was impressive - rivals any in the area. The side bird's nest mix was puzzling to look at but delicious to eat. The service was excellent as well - although we were there early in the evening. It was starting to fill up when we left, so I'm not sure how things went after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggies Eh...WestieDined on 7/1/2013Went to Maggies as a group to celebrate a coworkers promotion. The reservation online went through without an issue. When calling to request to increase the number of people attending I was hung up on 2x. Called from cell phone and hung up on again. Not a great start. The spot is convenient to Westminster but parking and access to the front door can be a little tricky. Our server didn't know the specials and then could not remember them if asked again. No special sheets were availalbe. The food was okay. We did get recommendations from our server but bland is the word. Their drink specials were decent however and the signature drinks were tasty. Our guest of honor was given a check 3x . Desserts were hit or miss. Mine was delicious.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/28/2013The food was excellent and priced reasonably. We did not order wine or alcohol. Service was friendly and prompt.. I did comment to the staff that one of their two handicap parking spots was being hogged by a non-handicap vehicle. Not sure if anything was done about this. Being severely disabled, I had a big problem walking from our parking spot in the very rear to the front door. We exiting through the back, so it was not as bad. The only downside for the non-handicapped that we noticed was the lack of atmosphere, with bare water pipes along the ceiling, and lack of attention to décor. It was also rather noisy for being less than half full, so we would have to say this would prevent us from recommending to anyone other than foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, food, and friendsMJH2VIPDined on 5/24/2013Maggie's is one of our favorite places. Thefood and service are consistently good and it's a great location to meet up with friends. great outdoor dining too.Special Features:
- Food was good as always. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2013Food was good as always. Service was not up to snuff. Salads came before appetizers. Generally got the feeling the kitchen was setting the pace not the wait staff. Out of one one Maryland wines on an early Saturday evening.
- Maggie's MushroomsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/2/2013Great spot. Go for the mushrooms and stay for dinner. Liked Maryland wines availability. Bar is loud but dining room was not.Special Features:
- Just moved to the area andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Just moved to the area and were so happy to have found Maggie's. We loved the entertainment and had fun. We did appetizers and they were delicious. I can't say enough about the people who greeted us and the server was the best I have ever seen, friendly, professional and very caring. Very crowded on Saturday night, perhaps they could expand? Our new favorite place!Special Features:
- turn up the heatthehootsDined on 2/16/2013It was freezing to the point of being uncomfortable. We were seated in the dining room, by the window and quickly ate and left. Total time spent here was under 45 minutes. Would have liked to stay for desert and a drink but it was just too cold. Service (I think her name was Lindsay) was excellent and food was good.
- Remembering the past with the new!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Being a long time resident of Westminster, it had become easy to overlook Maggie's, with all of the growth to the area and many choices. I was looking for something different for V-Day and starting scanning Open Table and was surprised to see this well established business listed. I remembered some great meals from year's back and decided to make an on-line reservation and was very glad I did. I was our first experience dining in the larger dining area, as it had been years since or last meal there, long before the expanded seating areas. The meal was excellent and service was outstanding. My steak was cooked to perfection with a special glaze for the evening. I know we will be back soon and remember all of our special evenings together.Special Features:
- Dependable Neighborhood GemhowardcofoodieDined on 2/9/2013Saturday night was packed, but our waiter was great, kept us apprised of what was happening with our meal. Good pacing of the courses considering how busy it was. Very good service, friendly and efficient (as always). A couple of our entrees were a little dry; the food is generally just perfect on past visits for lunch & dinner. But still great experience, kid friendly & nice wine selection for the food offered, enough space between tables even when all rooms are filled, accomodating of special requests. And our waiter got us out to see in time to see our play. Separate sports bar area option is very lively.Special Features:
- Just outstanding. When weOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2013Just outstanding. When we arrived, we were immediately seated in a cozy area of the restaurant. Shortly we were approached by our waitress, Leann, who was very pleasant and cared for our every need. The food was fabulous and cooked just the way we wanted. Overall, we couldn't have been happier.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013The food was outstanding and our waiter excellent. I would highly recommend Maggie's .Special Features: