21 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.maggiesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127535757
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:00am - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Mark Whelan - Owner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Maggie's Place
Midtowns oldest Family owned Irish Restaurant Est 1974.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggie's Place reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Pleasant and affordableAnonymousDined on 9/16/2014Maggie's Place is a friendly Irish bar with a reasonably priced menu. I had the $25 steak dinner, which included mashed potatoes and asparagus, while my friend devoured the salmon burger. As you would expect, there was a nice selection of beers, but the dessert choices were limited. Service was attentive. This is not the place to go for a gourmet dinner, but for a good selection of affordable pub food, it is an excellent choice.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Booked here for a Monday night but it was not overly busy , good service, got good table upstairs by window , good beer list , average food , would visit again .Special Features:
- excellenttmbm7926Dined on 9/13/2014an excellent restaurant for dinner after a Broadway matinee! Service was wonderful and the food and drink excellent! will definitley returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere for business lunchJD102042VIPDined on 8/18/2014Nice to find a quiet place to talk and eat at lunchtime. Service was great and quick. Took the server's recommendations for food and she was right on point. I will be back.Special Features:
- Will not disappointSammydDined on 7/31/2014I have been coming to Maggie's for lunch for a little over a year now. The food is good and they have awesome burgers !! It gets busy for lunch and happy hour so it's a good idea to call ahead.. One of my favorites !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/30/2014Maggies used to be a favorite spot, but on the last 2 visits I have been underwhelmed by both the quality of food and service. Wont be returning again.
- Underwhelmed DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Ordered grilled chicken salad got tuna. Not special - mesclun salad, some almond slivers and 2 bite size pieces of tuna. Price $15, cost to make-<$3 and wrong order. My guest was served ok and service was ok. Location,ambience, and cleanliness is best I can claim.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a nice place, But!DougCDined on 7/19/2014Maggie's is a nice place, and maybe we hit this place at the wrong time for dinner. Yes we were early at 5pm and it was quiet, so we thought it would be fine. Everything was going well and we had dinner and drinks. Our dinners, included french fries and fried onions as a side dish. Well that evening those items came back to us (we think the oil was bad that it was fried in) and made both of us very uncomfortable for the evening, need I say anymore. We will not be back at this place for dinner. The bar scene might be fine, but we will skip having dinner here again.Special Features:
- Maggie's PlaceMare1000Dined on 6/16/2014Excellent service and very good pub food. Bathrooms clean but small. Good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new findtmbm7926Dined on 6/5/2014this was our first time at Maggie's and we will certainly be back! Service was excellent and the food wonderfulSpecial Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Maggie's Place reviews archive.
- empty on a Saturday nightkateDined on 5/10/2014Maggie's Place was recommended as a good pub environment - however it must only be a week day hotspot. We arrived on a Saturday evening for drinks at 6:00pm and were the only 4 people there, and they close at 8:00pm! (we were visiting with relatives I had not seen in years, so it was fine to catch up in a quiet place.) ... The service was fine, but the food was poor - ribs were dry. Wish we had known in advance that it's not a weekend spot.
- Awful-never again!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2014I have been a fan of Maggie's Place for years and frequent it often. I just dont know what the problem was on 4/16/14. Met friends at 5:30 pm for dinner. The place had 3 other tables for meals upstairs. not busy at all. Waitress was hard to locate to say the least, rarely saw her. 3 of us ordered the steak dinners, all 3 went back, the potatoes were ice cold. when we did get the dinners back 2 of the steaks that we ordered med were in fact very rare. Sent the dinners back again. I had to walk them back to the kitchen as the waitress was MIA. They made us new steaks that were still very rare...is it that hard to get steak right???? I wont be going back again for along time. Very disaapointed in the food and lack of service.
- Great FindMary61Dined on 3/19/2014We passed the bar on the way to another location and was tempted by fantastic offer of a full steak dinner for $25. Once inside we did not regret a moment. The food was plentiful and cooked to our taste. The service was excellent. Highly Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBernVIPDined on 2/26/2014The service was very friendly and attentive. and the food was delicious. We all had salads which were very tasty and I especially enjoyed the tuna. Only improvement to the experience would ave been if te erestaurant were a little warmerSpecial Features:
- ClosedGeneDined on 2/9/2014Made reservation. Took hard to get cab in snow storm only to find it closed for business. Not happy, should not have been available online to book. I blame open table & Maggies for bad info.
- Perfect as usualfrancescany78Dined on 1/13/2014Delicious food, great service and a lovely time had by all. My favorite lunch spot to meet up with either friends or for a lunch meeting.Special Features:
- Turn the volume down a littleBBQcodyDined on 1/9/2014Our dinner and service were very good and at a good price. The music being played over the speakers in the dinning room was fairly loud. The bar downstairs was loud as expected but it would have been better if the dinning room speakers had been turned down a notch or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish pubburnsyDined on 12/30/2013This is a great place for after work drinks. Food was better than your average pub fareSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood Gem in MidtownMDWFDined on 10/3/2013We had 6pm reservations and it wasn't crowded upstairs. The food: excellent! The service: fast, but once you eat and have drinks they rush you. Two of us had finished eating but the third person is a slow eater, the waitress cleared our plates and tried to take hers with food on it without asking, after my friend said she wasn't finished she apologized, but came back a few minutes later and tried to take her beer and stood there and looked at the bottle to see if it was empty! At this point my friend was upset and got nasty with the waitress who once again apologized. I noticed she wasn't doing this to a group of men that were eating at a nearby table. I would go back but they have to stop rushing.Special Features:
- Not a good choicekparDined on 9/25/2013We went to Maggie's Place based on a recommendation of a friend. The ambience was fine, though it was very noisy. The service was somewhat slow. We got our food and drinks in a good amount of time, but the waitress rarely checked back. I ordered the Steak Dinner and I have to say it was the worst dinner I have had in a restaurant. I could barely cut the meat (we had to flag down a waitress to get a steak knife), the meat had little flavor and it was like eating cardboard. We would never return nor recommend Maggie's Place to anyone.Special Features:
- Good Midtown Irish BarArtSVIPDined on 8/5/2013Irish food and atmosphere, plus an open-air second floor space make the place special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish pub at its bestRobinNYCVIPDined on 6/12/2013Everything was very good. They were very nice to seat us before our whole party had arrived. For what it is (irish oub) it is very good. Sad that the wall st one is goneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Place but Mediocre FoodMaggieNYCDined on 4/29/2013The menu was quite limited. No Salads on menu. The burgers were very mediocre. The space is very attractive. The bar was crowded but not the restaurant. Now I know why.Special Features:
- Liked the food, but the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Liked the food, but the atmosphere a little pubish, tired?
- A WORK LUNCH DREAMOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2013There's no better place to meet a friend during the work week--they serve you quickly, keep the interruptions to a minimum, and the food is good and reasonable for a midtown place. Love the grilled chicken salad!Special Features:
- Very crowded at lunchtimeUwsfoodieVIPDined on 2/20/2013Very crowded at lunchtime but good, reasonably priced food
- Very dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013We ate at Maggie's while in NYC for the night on 1/5/13. The service was fair at best. We had to ask for silverware and napkins as well as drink refills. The food was very disappointing. My husband ordered calamari as an appetizer which came out very cold. We asked to have it remade but it was obviously microwaved instead becasue the second time it came out, it was warm, soggy and rubbery. For an entree, I ordered Shepards Pie, which was decent. My husband ordered pasta in a cream sauce. the pasta came out floating in a very watery sauce. At this point, we were so disappointed, we asked for the check and left. Due to time constraints with a show we were seeing, we ended up eating at McDonald's accross the street. We will not be returning.
- Not as good as I had hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2012Not as good as I had hoped - food, service and overall experience were just OK - and it didn't seem like anyone care much
- I made the only reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012I made the only reservation there was available on 11/21/12 because it was a last minute decision to go I to NYC to see the Thanksgiving Day parade with my family. We waited out front from 12:15 to 12:45 and the restaurant never even opened up so we went across the street to another restaurant and even after dinner, Mollies STILL!!! havent even opened. I can only imagine how many other people booked with them for this speciial day.Special Features:
- Had a reservation for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2012Had a reservation for dinner and they seated us right away. The ambiance is very nice for after work drinks or for a dinner date. My friend and I had burgers and we both enjoyed our meals. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Good spot for lunch all businessOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2012Good spot for lunch all business people which is good. Burger was good / the type expected from an Irish pub. Clean restaurant.Special Features:
- Among the Best Burgers in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Cordial and prompt service. Burgers were excellent.
- The Turkey Burger with BlackFlyFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2012The Turkey Burger with Black Beans and Tomato Salsa is soooooo DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Food preparation was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2012Food preparation was very slow and the waitress was not especially attentive even though it was towards the end of the lunch period and it wasn't crowded or particularly busy.Special Features:
- Dependable on all countsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2012always great food and service. For catching with friends, after-work drinks, or a client lunch or dinner, I can always depend on Maggies to deliver. Overall, very Solid !Special Features:
- Good food and service at Maggie's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012My dining experience was wonderful. The upstairs at Maggie's Place is quiet, pretty, the service is wonderful and I enjoyed my appetizer of fried oysters which I shared with my friend as well as my entree which was the tuna steak with mashed potatoes and spinach. I will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Convenient mid town pub. GreatLoraKatsDined on 6/27/2012Convenient mid town pub. Great spot to meet when you want to be Near GCS. Burgers are amazing.Special Features:
- Great casual pub dining forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2012Great casual pub dining for lunch/dinner -- small, but comfortable tables. Fine for smaller groups.Special Features:
- Maggie's Place - what canOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012Maggie's Place - what can I say? A real Irish pub. I've only been here for lunch. Pretty decent food. Friendly service. Love the geniune Irish accents the waitresses all have. Really an overall pretty good lunch experience (but not great). Don't know what it's like at night. Upstairs is pretty noisy during lunch - not good if you are trying to have a conversation. Four of us sitting could not hear a single word we were saying to each other. But the prices are fair...the food is good...and the service is friendly.Special Features:
- Classic PubJadkVIPDined on 5/31/2012solid pub, always satisfied, reasonable prices for ManhattanSpecial Features: