4341 Harford Rd
Baltimore, MD 21214Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.maggiesfarmmd.com/
- Phone: 4102542376
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American, Dinner Cruise
- Executive Chef: Andrew Weinzirl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Maggie's Farm
We want you to feel like you've been invited to a dinner party thrown by your grandmother...if she listened to rock & roll!! We believe freneticism and excitement -- coupled with great music -- help to stimulate the senses and heighten the dining experience. Not long ago humans were hunters, so our history with food is rooted in the thrill of the chase! While we certainly don’t expect you to spear down your dinner, we do want to put a little action into your life. We want you to discover new foods and flavors -- but throw out your preconceived notions. No pretensions, no judgments, and no dress code! Come as you are!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggie's Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful... againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2013Maggie's (just like when it was Chameleon Cafe) never fails. Great food, great service. Great specialty cocktails. What more is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wholesome and tastyNotQuiteAFoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2013Maggie's farm does have outdoor dining, but the restaurant was slow this summer evening, so rather than being the only diners there,we opted for the bustling dining room, pleasant but a little cramped. In the interest of full disclosure: we normally avoid meat, but at Maggie's that's not easy: They really like their pork, in various disguises. So we thoroughly enjoyed the crispy Brussels sprouts -- sans bacon, but still cooked in pork fat. And the red trout came with chunks of chorizo as part of the mixed veggies. Both it and the black-tipped shark special were very tasty, though, with ingenious use of seasonal vegetables and reductions. Service was attentive, prices reasonable, so we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2013My dinner at Maggie's Farm was probably one of the best I've had in the US. Everything about it, from the fried green tomatoes to the yummy chocolate pudding dessert, was outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!DesiDined on 8/8/2013I went here first for restaurant week and had a wonderful experience. The food still makes my mouth water when I think about it and the staff was very attentive and friendly. I am very excited to have discovered this place and plan to make many more visits.Special Features:
- Best meal we've ever hadBaltimoreGregDined on 8/7/2013Service was fantastic with great suggestions, every single dish was incredible, and the drinks were creative. One thing we loved was that every dish had some sort of interesting but not overpowering twist to it. So the brussel sprouts had guanciale instead of bacon and a few sliced grapes for contrast. The pork milanese had a salami bolognese sauce under it and local corn. The bouillabaisse had small crunchy slices of fennel and spring onions. Nothing that would take away focus on the main ingredient, but just enough to add a new depth to the dish and to surprise us foodies. The room itself is a little boring, but certainly pleasant, and who cares about the lighting or decorations? Foodies and locavores: this is the place you want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and creative drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2013Amazing and creative drinks. The food is lick your plate clean good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - a little noisyChrisVIPDined on 8/3/2013We took advantage of the Baltimore Restaurant Week menu - I had the fried green tomatoes, the butcher's steak and the affogato (salted caramel ice cream with espresso and biscotti) and my husband had the crispy brussels sprouts, pork milanese and the local berry pound cake. We were disappointed that the dark chocolate puddin cake wasn't available. Everything was just excellent, but the volume was a little loud, especially from the large table of birthday revelers directly behind my husband, which seemed to have the loudest guy sitting in a "hot spot" that just amplified his voice louder than anyone else's. That was our only quibble with the place. Service was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Maggies's is GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2013Had a great dinner at Maggie's Farm. Menu is creative & the food is outstanding. Service is also outstanding--Matthew took very good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner, planning to returnMofitzDined on 8/1/2013Excellent service. Adventurous, delicious food. Wouldn't recommend to a vegetarian. Definitely a meat lovers paradise.Special Features:
- Great Farm to TableOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2013Been there three times now. Loved almost everything each time, except I prefer hard ice cream. Am I being picky? Brunch was seriously great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took advantage of BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013Took advantage of Baltimore Restaurant Week to finally visit Maggie's Farm. The food and drinks were both excellent, with highlights being the fried green tomatoes for me and the butcher's steak for one of my dining companions. Everything was thoughtful and flavorful, and the service was at a nice calm pace. We loved it, and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Best Meal In A Long TimebeermanDined on 7/31/2013Wife and I dined here for our 3rd anniversary. The food was excellent. This was one of the best dinners I've had in a long time. You must visit this place if you haven't yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilly & Small PortionsbraynofbaltimoreDined on 7/30/2013The AC was on full blast---perhaps for the wait staff who were rushing around busily. I was cold despite my tee shirt, a tennis shirt on top, then a casual cotton dress shirt & finally wearing a velour sweat jacket. This distracted from my dining experience. I did that Baltimore Week special, & they cut down the appetizer from the normal two fried oyster bun to one----booo! The entrée of the salmon was OK & the eldente vegetables on the same plate were tasty. Again a fairly small portion. The desert was just OK. For Baltimore week experience a place should shine---not scrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I liked theLPSRVIPDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I liked the Chameleon and have very much enjoyed Maggie's Farm since its inception. This most recent visit was especially good. We like to sit outside, even if the view is Harford Rd and/or Safeway; their outdoor dining area is attractive and comfortable. Both our meals were particularly good, highlighted by a salad of a variety of delicious heirloom tomatoes, well and simply dressed. The salad was the epitome of fine farm to table dining! We also have always appreciated the birthday "gift" they send.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for restaurant week;OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2013Went for restaurant week; service spotty at best; felt rushed. food ok nothing to rave about and was recommended by a Baltimore chef
- I took my friend to Maggie'sBradDined on 7/26/2013I took my friend to Maggie's Farm for dinner during restaurant week and we were both very happy with our meals. The food was delicious and the drinks we tried were excellent. Our waiter was incredibly helpful and thoughtful, and even helped whip up a special cocktail to fit our interests. Not only would I recommend Maggie's Farm to others, but I've already done so multiple times, and hope to return soon myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2013if you have a desire to try farm to table at not only its freshest, but most full of taste, Maggie's Farm is definitely the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent farm to table !!!CelebratedOldBirthdayDined on 7/24/2013My husband read about Maggie's in Baltimore magazine, so went on a Wednesday night. Waiter's recommendations were perfect. Definitely recommend them if you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere with quality, fresh, seasonal food and extensive wine/drinks list. We hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious! Large,kdearDined on 7/21/2013Food was delicious! Large, thoughtful and creative craft cocktail list. Nice wine and beer selction, and coffee drinks if cocktails aren't your thing. Seasonal, comfort food with/ a gourmand twist. Neighborhood vibe. Friendly, accomadating servise. Don't sleep on the Hangover Breakfast...Kimchi fried rice w/ blue crab, house grown snap peas and a sunny sie up egg. Heaven on a Sunday morning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a busy Saturday nightFernDined on 7/20/2013For a busy Saturday night the service & the food were excellent. We each had the crab gazpacho, very refreshing on a hot night. Then came the char and the scallops, both were prepared perfectly. We look forward to next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit UnusualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013The combinations of ingredients in the food and drinks is a bit unusual. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The server was quite knowledgeable about the menu. It is somewhat pricey. a $10 plate of a few cherry tomatoes seems excessive, but the food was well prepared and tasty.Special Features:
- Will Return for MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013Love Maggie's Farm! They have excellent service, a cozy dining room, and fantastic drinks. The menu has many standouts that include, but are not limited to crispy brussel sprouts, chicken liver with bacon jam, and seared scallops with an amazing beet puree. We will no doubt be returning for more intoxicating eats.Special Features:
- Best meal in BaltimoreJessDined on 7/19/2013I've been to most of the best restaurants in Baltimore, but the meal I had here was easily the best meal I've had. The Brussels sprouts were crispy and perfectly seasoned; the pork belly was fantastic, including the best cornbread I've ever had, and I grew up in the south; and the steamed buns were excellent. I'm looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Lovely and localipuppyVIPDined on 7/16/2013Another outstanding meal at Maggie's Farm. A short menu but everything was fantastic - in particular the chorizo olive appetizer. Fresh vegetables, fruits and seafood, many of them local made for delicious dishes that were perfect for the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three friends and I met upgillysDined on 7/13/2013Three friends and I met up for a Ladies Night Out at Maggie's Farm. Four hours later, we departed with pleasantly full bellies and memories of amazing cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful...heatherb1275Dined on 7/10/2013I have been to Maggie's a few times. I made reservations for one of my girls bachlorette parties, we wanted to keep it chill. We had a great time and the staff surprised us with complimentary champagne. I had recommended the fried geen tomatoes with nothing but positive feedback. My husband and I had been there the week before for a romantic dinner and he loved the ambiance and music as well (not to loud). Know going in to make reservations and not to be in a hurry for they take their time and prepare their food with love and passion for flare and presentation. It truly is a neighborhood gem that I am looking forward to sharing more meals with loved ones and spreading the word. ENJOY.Special Features:
- Quality, Tasty, EnjoyableSaturdayBruncherDined on 7/9/2013We had a good time here--the service was attentive and informed. The menu was simple and not overhelming. The appetizer and small plate were actually our favorites of the meal. The dinner entrees left a tad to be desired, but overall everything was great. My one critique is that this was unexpectedly expensive for the ambiance. We came for a birthday--and the coupon misleadingly promises to cover a dinner entree for the birthday recipient. However, it's maximum value is $15, and there was really just ONE item (a burger) on the entree list that was 15 or under. NOT COOL. The birthday dessert was not complimentary either. Therefore the check was a significant disappointment. :-/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2013We enthusiastically recommend Maggie's Farm! Always delicious, interesting food served by caring people. Never disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our second time to Maggie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2013our second time to Maggie's Farm. The food is prepared with care and an eye to presentation. It was tasty and fillingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food and drinksNatalieDined on 7/7/2013Come here for creative, well-made food and drinks- the drinks are particularly creative without being too foo-foo. Won't break your budget, but not something you do everyday either. Small, like most Baltimore restaurants. Check the black-board and talk to your waiter about the specials. All surfaces are hard, which adds to the noise level. But the tables are placed far enough apart that you aren't actually hearing your neighbors' conversation, just an overall buzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousAlexVIPDined on 7/5/2013As usual, Maggie's Farm is fantastic. It's all very fresh and delicious ingredients. I had the pork chop and some of the fresh made pasta. Also had the pudding cake for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, excellent, excellentfoxforce5VIPDined on 7/3/2013Excellent, excellent, excellent food. We shouldn't have waited so long to try it and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service with personalseastmanDined on 7/2/2013Excellent service with personal attention without hovering; exceptional food, at least the first course and the vegetarian dish; good wine selected by the waiter; quiet atmosphere, though it was early on a Friday evening it was possible to carry on a pleasant conversation without raised voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2013I went to brunch here with my friends. I wanted EVERYTHING on the menu. But we ended up splitting the brussels and donuts as starters (both unreal) and then we each had egg and hollindaise-related main dishes. It was all excellent. Need to go back ASAP. Reminds me of Clementine, but more brunch-worthy.Special Features:
- Great spot for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013This was my wife's birthday. We had a very nice Red Wine, she had the Rockfish and I the Pork Chop. The food and service were excellent. The waiter friendly without being obtrusive. The Pork Chop was in a special house sauce and not being a gourmand I do not know the exact ingredients; it was perhaps the best piece of meat I have ever had. They specialize in local and real organic foods. Highly recommended for an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and Rookie MistakesBaltimoreBillDined on 6/28/2013Some of the food was good, some of the food had been over salted; everything was priced somewhat high, and for those prices, one would expect little or no mistakes. Perhaps with time it will get better, but if a place can't get their french fries right, what hope is there for more complex dishes?
- QuintessentialIggyDined on 6/26/2013Maggie's Farm is the definition of a neighborhood gem with it's warm ambience and welcoming servers and staff. It also just happens to have great food, carefully prepared from an interesting and novel menu.Special Features:
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013Dined with a friend who had never been to Maggie's Farm, so he could be impressed also. And he was! From appetizers to small plates to dinner to dessert--all was fabulous!
- Too expensive for everydayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013And the food not that spectacular. The "farm" is a few tomatoes on the side of the building. Food is not inventive, steak underdone, dry. And all too expensive. Plus only five entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodCrobDined on 6/21/2013Fresh ingredients are used in creative dishes. This is a farm to table restaurant which seems serious about presenting high quality, local produce and meats in surprising, delicious combinations. Don't like Brussel sprouts? Try their crispy Brussel sprout appetizer anyway, and you'll probably love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.