Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
122 Hawthorn Center
Vernon Hills, IL 60061Neighborhood:
Mundelein – Vernon Hills - Libertyville
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8479180380
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Arturo Alvarado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
Maggiano's specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner and offer a convenient carryout service as well as delivery. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes including homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills - Best Restaurants in Mundelein – Vernon Hills - Libertyville ›
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (149)special occasion (113)great for lunch (80)fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (71)kid-friendly (67)romantic (42)hot spot (41)notable wine list (29)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I thought lunch was wonderful. Our waitress was great, food terrific, and ambiance very nice and Italian, which we love. All in all it was a very pleasant eating experience.Special Features:
- Not as good as other MagganiosStuartVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food,food temperature and general lack of good service puts this at the bottom of my list (of other Magganios in the area...Skokie, and Clark Street Chicago). Its just not as good and hopefully they will work out all the bugs..because they definately have some.
- food is consistently goodDebbieDined on 10/20/2014The food at the Vernon Hills Maggiano's is just as good as the Schaumburg location. The chef gave us complimentary lemon cookies.Special Features:
- sweetest daydrtymnyDined on 10/18/2014my pleasure,.......that's what i like to hear... Lobster was perfect again,,chicken,lasagna.....and the apple dessert toast it up...Special Features:
- 1st timedebyDined on 10/17/2014this was our first visit to the Vernon hills location. the veal parmigiana was excellent, but service wasn't as expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Great place to celebrate with a group. Celebrated a friend's birthday...wonderful appetizers, salads and entrees...Take advantage of the take one home meal. Great Pasta options.
- yummmmmDined on 10/14/2014Went here with three generations and it was very yummy. Gnocci and ravioli were the biggest hits - tasted very fresh. Brownie and tiramisu also delicious. Very attentive service. Inside not as nice as Skokie or Chicago locations, but pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR "GO TO" RESTAURANTGreatfoodDined on 10/13/2014We took a friend who was in town from San Francisco for our wedding to Maggiano's in Vernon Hills. The food was fantastic, as always, and the service seemed to be extraordinary......we told the server that we had just been married over the weekend, and tho we had no room left for desert, she brought us a strawberry and a few lemon cookies w/ 2 candles .... it was a very nice touch! We love Maggianos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A known franchise!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Maggiano's is well known for great food and a fun and entertaining atmosphere. I actually enjoyed my visit to this location compared to other Chicago locations. The service was excellent especially for a Saturday evening. Overall a great experience and I will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- GreatDonnaDined on 10/11/2014Make a reservation! It reLly works. We got our table in 10 minutes while walk ins were told an hour and a half. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tubby1Dined on 10/11/2014We were the victims of very poor service from the moment we arrived. The food was just as good as other Maggianos we have tried.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Everything about our experience was great! We arrived 30 minutes earlier than our reservation time and we were seated right away, even though there were quite a few people waiting for tables. Our waiter was great, and when he heard it was our wedding anniversary he brought us each a complimentary glass if champagne! Oh, and the food...excellent and filling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic SaucesSirDineALotVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brought me back to meals I had in the Italian homes in the old Taylor Street neighborhood. I can't say that about any of the other excellent Italian restaurants in which I've eaten over the years. Bonus: The "Eat one here - take one home" deal for their classic pasta dishes can't be beat. Very reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- reservationbuffs0624Dined on 10/10/2014I had a reservation at 8 and waited for more that 10 min. None said "thank you for waiting" Food was not good as I expected (I had a same menu that I had lunch previously but not good as I had before)Special Features:
- AwesomeAnglin22333Dined on 10/10/2014Food is excellent. Love being to take home a second meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDrapp22Dined on 10/10/2014Great overall restaurant with awesome service. You get your moneys worth and nowadays that's tough to come by! I came with my girlfriend and she has an allergy to gluten and the staff was very accommodating to that and made her experience wonderful. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLuv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Maggianos has always been a favorite and this location is no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014Three of us visited the new Maggian's for a late lunch. I was very much looking forward to the butternut squash ravioli which is a fall speciality of their's. However, we found out that because the Vernon Hills location is new, they are not serving their speciality items . ??? Seems like that's exactly what they should be serving to help bring in new customers. Anyway, our service was friendly and pleasant. The lfood was only ok at best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/6/2014We are very happy to now have a Maggiano's in the area! They are always consistent with great food and service. They set up the restaurant nicely. Great deal with the choose two meals for the price. Love the bread! Thanks for another great meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014My family and I will not be eating at the Vernon Hills location again. The service was poor! It took about 10 minutes to be great, 1 hour to get our food, and 20 minutes for desert. Our waitress said she asked the manager to speak to us but no manager ever addressed us. I also had to remind the waitress we get a desert with our kids meal in addition to telling her she didn't give us one of our take home meals. This location is close to our house but due to the poor service I will make the drive to the Schaumburg location. I don't recommend Vernon Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickyGDined on 10/4/2014The food was good, but the wait time in ordering and getting our food was less than desirable!! There was too much idle time between the appetaizer, salad and main course!! We were told twice, between each cousre that our food would be out shortly.......Special Features:
- Getting better, not quite there...bigdogVIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our 2nd visit to the Maggiano's in Vernon Hills. This experience was better than the opening week, however, this Maggiano's is still not up to snuff as compared to the locations at Old Orchard and Schaumburg...
- Not your father's Maggiano'sWebsterCityHomieDined on 10/3/2014Maggiano's is a great chain, but this was a disappointing restaurant. Service was exceptionally slow, and food was not prepared correctly. My father's "well done" steak arrived medium rare, and my wife's pasta arrived dry. She had to request a side order of sauce. Staff was friendly, but perhaps under-trained or under-manned. We went to celebrate my wife's birthday because she loves both the Schaumburg and Skokie locations, but I have to say that despite this restaurant's ideal location (we live in northern lake county), I would make the longer trip to Skokie or Schaumburg rather than return here.Special Features:
- NancyNoglutenDined on 10/2/2014There were five of us and the restaurant was okay. Our waiter, Tim was pleasant and accommodating. We all thought he had cool hair. I have a severe gluten allergy and appreciated the chef coming over and giving me suggestions. I ordered the tilapia but thought it was just okay. It wasn't very filling. Maybe I should have ordered a side of their gluten free pasta. The restaurant was crowded and noisy and the tables were very close together. Some of the people in our party had trouble hearing the conversation.Special Features:
- First time at this location.JoeSDined on 10/1/2014This was the first time at the Vernon Hills location although I am a big fan. Make sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed ourselvesKeithDined on 9/29/2014After reading so many negative reviews I was hesitant to have dinner here. I decided to see for myself and was pleasantly pleased with all aspects of our dinner. Everything was so tastee and filing. Enjoyed talking without a problem to the other couple we were with. Too full so we were unable to partake in delicious desserts. Would definitely return and suggest everyone give it a try. You will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad start to a new beginningRanger1Dined on 9/26/2014Had reservation and seated pretty quickly. Server introduced herself and her associate. Ordered some drinks and looked at the menu. Server returned and said bar was slow that night. Ordered an appetizer. Server came back and said sorry but bad is slow. Server 2 came by and asked them If we would get drinks before appetizer. They said yes. Appetizer came. Half way through drinks came. I, tongue in cheek, asked for another drink so we could have it as after dinner drink. Dinner arrives. Mine was not bad. Wife's was very cold. So, server stopped by and we asked to de floor manager. Meantime split my dish with wife. Drinks came halfway through our dinner. Manager came over explained situation to him. He said dinner on house which was very nice.Special Features:
- teagirlDined on 9/25/2014Good food and service. Popular with families and dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningnothingfancyDined on 9/25/2014We were there for my birthday but I'm not one for letting the whole restaurant sing to me. The waiter, who was wonderful, noticed the birthday presents and asked whose birthday it was. He wished me a happy birthday and went on with the evening. He was wonderful. He was gracious even though we weren't there to spend gobs of money. He had a great sense of humor but not over-the-top. At the end of the evening when I think we were going home with more food than we had eaten, he brought me (quietly) a strawberry with a candle in it surrounded by yummy, lemon cookies. That was a really nice surprise. The food was great as always. And it was SO nice to have leftovers for the next day. I'm glad Maggianos has found it's way to Vernon Hills!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceUnsatisfiedCustomerDined on 9/21/2014Went to Maggianos for a nice family dinner. The service was horrible! Warm drinks served with no ice. Empty parmesan cheese container. Excruciatingly slow getting and fixing our orders. The final straw was when we got home and discovered they gave us the wrong "take home" meals! I spoke with the manager and she did offer to make things right.
- A welcome addition to Vernon HillsBlackhawkFanDined on 9/21/2014As always, the food is outstanding and plentiful. Lots of parking too. The service level has improved greatly since our first visit. They appear fully staffed and the entire restaurant was open for seating. On our past visit, the manager explained that hiring staff has been a tough task. Schaumburg has been open since the mid-1990s and Old Orchard well over 20 years. It takes time to get fully up to speed. They'll be there by the holidays.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed the evening. Casual environment with nice table service. Great cocktails, attentive service, excellent food. Only drawback is the background noise level -- a bit loud for casual conversation. Would be glad to go there again for a special occasion or nice evening out.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionYivvy27Dined on 9/20/2014Overall experience was good - prices are on the higher side but it's what was expected of Maggiano's. The food was good (family style offers a lot of food with a good variety of dishes to choose from). The server was obviously newer; his hands were shaky when holding the tray of drinks, he was unsure of the menu regarding drinks and food, etc but nothing that some more experience won't improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food was great and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- great choice for groupsMama80Dined on 9/20/2014Our group of 15 was served 'family style.' Everyone loved their meal, especially Maggiano's house salad and the ravioli. The manager stopped by our table to personally wish our guest of honor a Happy Birthday. We will definitely return and order off the menuI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soNanaDined on 9/20/2014This Maggiano's hasn't hit its stride yet. The pastas were not very tasty, especially the Rigatoni D. They seemed to be lacking something. Everything took a long time coming out of the kitchen.Special Features:
- Friday dinnerKentVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was very good, however The service was what made the Dinner not a pleasant experience. I wrote a review and thought I Would get a response and As of today no response. Apparently they pay no attention To special requests. As for the server we were rushed And never given enough time before the main course was served.
- Vernon HillsSunnyDined on 9/17/2014Portions have gotten smaller but free take-home entree balances that out...nice offering. This location has no valet parking which will become an even bigger issue once the holidays arrive. Server stated that mall owners will not allow valet.Special Features:
- Nice addition to the areaMrsdanjonesDined on 9/17/2014Good satisfying food-a little on salty side- great environment and location. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesGrabadinerskiVIPDined on 9/16/2014One of our favorites. Maybe a miscommunication in the kitchen led to the drop of a star.Special Features: