Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
122 Hawthorn Center
Vernon Hills, IL 60061Neighborhood:
Mundelein – Vernon Hills - Libertyville
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8479180380
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Arturo Alvarado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
Maggiano's specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner and offer a convenient carryout service as well as delivery. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes including homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills - Best Restaurants in Mundelein – Vernon Hills - Libertyville ›
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (107)special occasion (86)great for lunch (61)fit for foodies (57)kid-friendly (50)neighborhood gem (45)romantic (31)hot spot (29)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Vernon HillsSunnyDined on 9/17/2014Portions have gotten smaller but free take-home entree balances that out...nice offering. This location has no valet parking which will become an even bigger issue once the holidays arrive. Server stated that mall owners will not allow valet.Special Features:
- Nice addition to the areaMrsdanjonesDined on 9/17/2014Good satisfying food-a little on salty side- great environment and location. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesGrabadinerskiVIPDined on 9/16/2014One of our favorites. Maybe a miscommunication in the kitchen led to the drop of a star.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014I remember the Maggiano's from when it first opened so I was a little dissapointed. I have found that the menu has changed, the portions are smaller and the prices have stayed the same. The server we had was very good, very attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- Not all made the sameJPLOLDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten at over 5 locations in different cities and states and this location did not come close to others. Had to ask for Bread was it like hardtack and uneatable. No one poured or mixed oil for dipping. Order veal masala and veal was not a lean cutler but fatty and grizzled like a beaten chop. My pasta side was sticky and cold when served. And this is the only location that I have ever been to that did not offered freshly grated cheese. Will go back to Maggiano's but not in Vernon Hills.Special Features:
- Overall, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014The food never disappoints. Happy to see Maggiano's in the northern Chicago suburbs, especially since the Schaumburg location is never not crazy-busy. It was pretty busy for a weeknight. Our servers were very nice, just not as attentive - especially considering we had two of them. It took a while to get drink refills after requesting them (and my water was never refilled - something that you usually don't need to request), and even though we had ordered dessert when we ordered our meal (meal for two), it didn't come until long after we had finished eating. We weren't in too much of a hurry, but had service been a little faster, we probably could've left 15-20 minutes earlier than we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014can't beat the "buy one pasta, bring another home!!!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner From HellCBG52Dined on 9/14/2014First, let me say I normally love Maggiano's in general. Second, this was my second trip here. Service was so-so the first trip, food good. Took my Mom to celebrate her birthday. Took over 45 minutes to get 2 of the 4 pasta dishes. My Mom's dinner didn't arrive till the others were thru eating (over 60+ minutes). Disappointing, overall.
- New Maggiano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The new location in Vernon Hills has good food, but they are still working out the service kinks. The upside is they are on the ball with recognizing when an error in service has occurred and very willing to make it right. The food is quality and tasty too. Hard to find nicer Italian menus in the area so this is welcome. Very Convenient too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to Get Their Act TogetherJW2591Dined on 9/13/2014My dining experience at the recently opened Maggiano's in Vernon Hills was disappointing. Having greatly enjoyed past outings at other Maggiano's locations, I hosted three others at this location. The place was bustling. The tables were too close together. The restaurant was quite noisy. Conversation was extremely difficult. While the food tasted excellent, one of two appetizers and two out of the four entrees were not hot enough. They obviously had sat for a while before being brought to the table. The dessert sampler came before the plates and silverware. We had to request cream for the coffee and what we received was milk. As I host, I was embarrassed. This restaurant needs to get its act together. I will try it again in three months.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our dining experience took much longer than we expected. Our server seemed to disappear between courses and getting water refills and other simple requests took a very long time because we could not track him down. I ordered a side salad without the bacon (I'm a vegetarian) and found multiple pieces of bacon in my salad so had return it.
- Macomb 1Macomb1Dined on 9/12/2014We had a great experience. Plenty of food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, noisy, poor serviceLinda0919Dined on 9/11/2014For an upscale place like Maggiano's, this new location was a disappointment. Too noisy to hold a conversation without raising our voices. Waiter must have been new. Never suggested appetizers or salad, main entrees were delivered so fast, we hadn't even received our bread basket. Had to ask for bread basket and for drink refills. Coffee was so bitter, I sent mine back but then had to ask to have it removed from our check. Waiter then brought back incorrect change. Will not visit this location again.Special Features:
- Good food but poor serviceArtchick94Dined on 9/10/2014I met a couple friends here for dinner on a Wednesday night. While the food was good, the service wasn't. We had to ask our server twice for more bread and a refill on the cheese shaker. Plus no one came buy to refill our water glasses....ever! We also had to wait for a while for our take away meals AFTER paying the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckDined on 9/9/2014Waitress was great. However the food could have had more sauce to it. When i order a pasta with an alfrado sauce I expect to have lots of sause on my food even if I am taking an entre home.Special Features:
- still a few kinks in the systemInfrommidwestVIPDined on 9/7/2014clearly their staff is a work in progress. our waiter, while a nice young man, truly had no clue as to what he was doing. couldn't write our order clearly. waited ten mins after getting iced tea for the requested lemmon. one order, ordered med rare (twice) came well done and with wrong preparation. manager came to apologize. offered something else. what should have taken five mins to rush through the kitchen, took over twenty. asked for coffee and it still took 8 mins to get the cup. they were apologetic. comped one of the meals, which we all appreciated, but I think I would wait a while before considering dining there again. still too many bugs in their system
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Celebrated our Anniversary. Both my wife and I really enjoyed the food and our wine choices. Rosie our waitress was very pleasant and provided outstanding service.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The food was not that good and the service was very slow. The staff was friendly though. Maybe because the restaurant has only been open for a short time. But we expected more. Won"t go back again.
- fabulousjimmythegentDined on 9/6/2014Previously had been to other maggianos but this one just opened up so we thought we'd check it out. We weren't disappointed. The waitstaff was A one and the food was over the top. Off the chain!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food... But OverpricedEpiphanyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Not a fan of waiting over an hour with 20 people... in a waiting area with seating for 5... for overpriced pasta.
- Not what we expectedGaillakeforestDined on 9/5/2014We expected a higher class type of restaurant, but was disappointed in a number of things with this new restaurant. There should be a dress code, no hats, t shirts, flip flops. Tables were way too close and the food seemed like it was frozen before it was cooked.Special Features:
- DisappointedWilburVIPDined on 9/5/2014Poor service training, my wife received the wrong meal and the waitress argued with us that it was what she ordered, not true. Forgot the sides and we had to asked twice for them. Manager offered to have my wife's meal comp'd was not done. My glass of wine appeared to have been from a bottle that had been opened quite some time. No itemized bill received. We like maggianos but will stick with the one in Old Orchard
- Time will tellCaliDined on 9/5/2014I know this location has opened recently, so maybe it's a case of working out the kinks, but our lunch wasn't up to what we have previously come to expect from Maggiano's. The room felt a bit vacant and didn't have the usual warmth of Maggiano's. Service was a bit haphazard - for example, we were still enjoying our calamari and our entrees appeared We commented about eating cold food, which was met with a shrug as the server walked away. Water glasses went unfilled, tables weren't promptly cleared, etc. To his credit, the manager did step in and addressed our issues. This gives me hope that our next visit will be a more enjoyable one - or we stick with our tried and true Old Orchard location.
- Good food great serviceDSD40Dined on 9/4/2014The food was great as was the service. I made a reservation for 5 and when we got there they took us to a booth that was too tight. We asked for a table and it was no problem. They were quick friendly and efficient. The ambiance leaves a bit be desired if you're looking for something special. It's a big noisy room. Overall though a great place to take a group.Special Features:
- Only if there is no place elseLiketoeatoutDined on 9/4/2014Table location are terrible to close together and horrible locations ate there twice both reservations it's was in a booth outside the restroom second was half booth half chairs aweful!! They have an inexperienced Waite staff eat and leave ASAP. Also served a manhattan in a martini glass
- So So, wouldn't go againImperatorDined on 9/3/2014I've heard that Maggiano's is a great Italian Restaurant. However, our experience did not match that expectation. The food was ok, it didn't really stand out (Olive Garden's was better). It's a nice and clean restaurant and the staff is polite and attentive (perhaps not the most knowledgeable, particularly when it came to the wines). They were missing some key Italian wines (it was on the menu, they just didn't have it which when you're paying that type of money it's expected). I had a peppercorn crusted steak. The sauce was pretty underwhelming and only had a tad bit of a pepper flavor. There were no cracked peppercorns on it so it didn't have that pepper bit to it at all. The potatoes were good.
- GrabadinerskiVIPDined on 9/2/2014Seated 10 minutes early! Food great. Service great. Kinda loud that night, but only sounds of FUN.Special Features:
- Not getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Maggianos has always been one of our favorite restaurants. We rarely miss one even on vacation in other states. However, we've been to this location t twice now and both times have not been good. Polite but poor service, improper food orders,etc
- No satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014We were not happy that we told the staff it was my mothers 87th bday and they did not bring a candle to the table. There seemed to be not enough help. I ordered a light fare which was less food but the same price, don't get that?
- Comedy of ErrorsLou22250Dined on 8/31/20141 pasta dish my friends ordered was watery & bland. The manager did compensate for it with another dish. When we got the check, it was wrong and took some convincing for them to acknowledge the error. It was finally fixed. On the way out, we noticed our take-home was rather light as they didn't include the 2nd meal. It took this time only a little explaining for them to acknowledge the error.
- special dietOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Chef Mark Gonzalaz suggested a great tilapia fish dish with sautéed spinach, galic and olive oil for my wife's "cave man" Paleo diet. I ordered the tasty lasagna with a free mushroom ravioli to take home, For dessert I had the sampler, ate 3 there, took home 2. I will be back to maggianos Vernon hills many more times. Plus did I mention the restaurant is brand new and my booth had a granite table, very classy , plus I enjoyed the Italian musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyableKnickersDined on 8/31/2014Maggianos continues to be a top restaurant for Italian food. Very good food and very good service. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian food. A bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed our first visit to the vernon hills location. Service was excellent. We had an extremely attentive server who kept tabs on when our drinks needed to be freshened up, and timing our dinner once we finished our calamari appetizer. Would recommend the gnnochi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the maggiano's experienceFoodie1Dined on 8/30/2014The service was horrible. They ran out of ice and wine glasses. We waited over an hour for our food. The manager would only say I'm sorry.
- A DisappointmentwedineoutDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten at Maggiano's at Old Orchard and in spite of crowds had enjoyed our meal. Vernon Hills needs to work to improve. Our waiter was very good, but unfortunately two of us (out of four) received food which was cold. The two dishes were returned and replaced by hot, but the incident tended to spoil the meal for all. The manager was very apologetic, and the four meals were taken off the bill. I doubt we will return any time soon.Special Features:
- nutcrackerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant said they did not receive my online opentable reservation. We were seated within 4-5 minutes of receiving a pager. I even got an email saying my table at Maggianos was ready.
- Good food, very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was good like the other Maggianos. Unlike the others, the service was slow. Over 30 minutes to get lunch after ordering and the order was screwed up so another 10 minutes to get it fixed.
- Untrained?RemyVIPDined on 8/30/2014After years of returning to the Maggiano's Brand, I suppose you expect a modicum of consisteny...Nothing was terrible expect the service...but everything seemed to be a bit "off." By that, I mean the timing of the whole luncheon was disconcertingly poor...We had the lunch special, but there was nothing "special" about it...We mentioned that we had a birthday as one of our guests and it was largely ignored...It was mentioned three times..on the rez, the person who sat us and the server. No recognition at all... Food was OK, but ordinary..Drinks were extremely tardy and refills...forget about it...I realize they recently opened, but the place ain't readySpecial Features:
- ScottAVIPDined on 8/29/2014Newly opened restaurant is still working out the kinks with service. Waited for 20 minutes past our reservation while others without reservations were seated first. Waitress made errors on our bill. Good news is food quality is very good like at other Maggiano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical chain restaurantluv2eatDined on 8/29/2014The food and service is exactly what you'd expect from a chain restaurant - acceptable food and the waitress who treat you like you are at a diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.