Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
122 Hawthorn Center
Vernon Hills, IL 60061Neighborhood:
Mundelein – Vernon Hills - Libertyville
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (847) 918-0380
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Arturo Alvarado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maggiano's - Vernon Hills
Maggiano's specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner and offer a convenient carryout service as well as delivery. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes including homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills - Best Restaurants in Mundelein – Vernon Hills - Libertyville ›
Maggiano's - Vernon Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
397 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (185)special occasion (139)great for lunch (103)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (90)kid-friendly (82)hot spot (53)romantic (49)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (17)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- awful experienceAndrea83Dined on 11/15/2014It was a terrible experience. Our waitress was not good. She never came back to our table. Food had no flavor. I will never be back to the vernon hills location and I'll be sure to tell everyone about my experience! Not happy and management didn't even care!
- DisappointedJonto2255Dined on 11/15/2014The servers was grossly under trained and not good. Food was good but very skimpy portions for the money. Salad dressing had no taste.Special Features:
- Not my first time hereEv33Dined on 11/10/2014It could have been a much better lunch, I took a friend out for her birthday. The server didn't have enough experience to wait tables. He forgot everything. Brought salad with the meal, drinks messed up& numerous other things forgotten. He mended more training in a nut shell. I've always had good service at Maggiano's in Chgo land & Atlanta. This is my first & hopefully last bad one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Although we waited about 1/2 beyond our reveration time to be seated, once we did the table service was good. The food was good but not exceptional
- Growing Pains?DuchessDined on 11/8/2014The bar service at this new Maggiano's was uncharacteristically slow, which seemed to cause additional service delays for the servers. The food was generally good and our server very friendly and accommodating. We will likely be back in the future as other Maggiano's locations have typically provided better service and food, however, we will give this location some time to work through what may be staffing challenges. I would recommend to others but with caution.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I was very unhappy with the table that I had received. It was right outside of the waiter/waitress station. Constantly someone walking and talking by our table. I would just remove this table and not put anyone else in that situation. Good thing we did not have 4 people at our table. They would be in the isle way. Dessert took a long time to come out.
- Severely lacking...bh3foodieDined on 11/7/2014..in so many areas. Reservations were for 8:15pm. We did arrive rather early at 7:40 and (while staring at some open tables) were finally sat at 8:30. Staff was not knowledgeable and was surely not attentive. The sangria saved our sanity but rest of food was rather cold and underseasoned. We had fried calamari, lasagna, and mushroom ravioli. Service was the worst! Waitress needed gps to get back to our table. Luckily we tracked down other servers to help with extra bread and some water which she said she was going to bring. It took 15 min to have table cleared after dinner and before our leftovers were wrapped and brought back. Check came 4 min after that and then another 10 min to sign and pay. No apologies extended. Just apathetic.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Luis was an excellent server, we arrived at our reservation time and seated same. All is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service. Had to wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Food and service were really good. A little disappointed that we had to wait 20-25 mins for our table even though we had reservation. Was loud and difficult to hear each other. Could have been just because if one very loud group though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst MaggianosSam1VIPDined on 11/6/2014The service was awful,my food came out wrong and then it took them 30 minutes to make what I actually ordered. Our drinks came out halfway through the meal. Someone with me ordered soup and it came out 20 minutes after everyone else's salads.
- Untrained Maître'd staffmrsjoniDined on 11/6/2014I like using your site, especially the Special Request section.I think this was our 4th time in Vernon Hills since it opened in July, each time I wrote a request, this staff does not even read it.I realize each request may not be fulfilled, but, at least the staff should read it, they do not.Instead, when I check-in, I am the one asking about my request, they are unaware, I ask if they read it, they always say no. This time I requested table #42, it was the only one occupied, more than a dozen tables around this one were open, Joe, Maître'd at Old Orchard is the finest Maître'd & Vernon Hills staff should be required to learn from him. Old Orchard is the best, but, we live near Vernon Hills.
- Food Great - Service So-soBAG0703Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first time at this particular location. I have been to the Maggiano's in Schaumburg several times and I found that the food at both locations to be exceptional. Service was below standard. Restaurant was very busy, seated within minutes of our reservation time. So far so good. Drinks, appetizer, dinner and dessert took way too long. Dinner was warm, not hot. Dessert, two pieces of cake, took over 15 min to deliver. Waitress was not attentive, maybe too many tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We found the service to spot on and could not have asked for any better. The food was out of this world and we throughly enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Great food and pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We love the deal where you get to take home an entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2socializeDined on 10/29/2014This is a new location & my first time dining in the Vernon Hills Maggiano's. We were celebrating 2 birthdays, had excellent service by Elena, & excellent food all around. In addition, one of the guests has many food allergies so Chef Rudy spoke to her & recommended his choices to meet her dietary restrictions. Chef Rudy then prepared a specialized dinner for our friend. She loved it! We were served complimentary desserts for the birthdays & we will all be back soon. Welcome to the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014My recent visit was approximately my 6th time visiting your restaurant. I have not yet had a bad experience. They have all been pleasant. The service was great and so was the food. The wait staff has always been professional and attentive. The portions are very generous and a nice wine list, as well. I wish you all the best since the location is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014A wonderful place to dine whether you've been shopping or for a special occasion. Great for families too! The food is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014They need to get their act together. The service is terrible!
- Good restaurantLaurDined on 10/25/2014Food was good, the only complaint I have is the service. Our waiter was very nice, but young, and it took a while to get some things. One of our diners ordered a shrimp Caesar salad, but it came with chicken. She sent it back and it took another 15 minutes or so to get another one while the rest of us were eating. They did give us little lemon cookies after dinner to make up for the mistake. I asked for more salad dressing and it never came. All in all, pretty good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAnglin22333Dined on 10/24/2014The 4 meals for Forty dollars is a great deal. Eat one meal there and take the second meal home for later. Can't beat it. This is why we make this a weekly stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experienceSpencerMaggianoDined on 10/24/2014I had a reservation and I checked in with the hostess and she gave us a clicker (thing to notify us when our table is ready) and the thing did not vibrate and they forgot about us. I had to check in with the hostess since we had been waiting a while and she said sorry we do not have a table for you. They some how came up with a table for my guests. When its a guests first time we are supposed to feel welcomed and want to come back. This glitch in the system ruined my first experience at Maggianos. The food was great. Our waitress was very professional and helped explained the menu to us since it was my first time.Special Features:
- location too new to be any goodss4891Dined on 10/24/2014our waiter and wait staff were very good (and embarrassed) but the food and the food wait time was unacceptable, nothing like the long time expereinced Maggiano locations such as Schaumburg and Oak Brook, IL Maggiono's service in Vernon Hills need to step it up a few notches or they won't make it here. Appetizers were great, food entrees' were not great, especially steak entree. WIll wait awhile to visit this location again until they can figure it out, worth the longer drive to a more experienced site for the priceexpereince/food quality.Special Features:
- A good evening outavgJOEdinerDined on 10/24/2014Like most of its other locations, food was excellent. Service was very good. Not much more to add other than it was an enjoyable dining experience. I would recommend making a reservation in advance as this place fills up pretty quick. Oh, also a good place to celebrate a special occasion - i.e. birthday, anniversary, new job, etc.Special Features:
- Eat ItalianEatmeatballDined on 10/24/2014I have been to many Maggiano's, in and out of Illinois. This one is pretty much like all the rest and that's not a bad thing. The staff, compared to the other Maggiano's, is much more energetic and concerned. The food is good and reliable. There are never any surprises. Although there are better Italian restaurants out there, you can always count on what you will get here.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingMikeyDined on 10/23/2014I had great memories of the fabulous food at this restaurant, but it was a disappointment. I was there with 2 other people and it was nearly impossible to carry on a conversation with the noise level. Don't think I will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperiencebirthdayDined on 10/23/2014We visited Maggiano's for my daughters birthday with my family and we all agree it was probably the best dinning experience any of us have ever had. The waiter's were outstanding and the food was fabulous. Thank ou for making my daughters birthday an occasion we will not forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- triangleartVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food was great as expected. Was very dissapointed on the size of the drink that I ordered. Ordered "on the rocks". The contents barely filled the bottom of the glassSpecial Features:
- GoodeatsGoodeatsDined on 10/21/2014Service was prompt and very friendly! Food is always hot and delicious! Excellent wine selection. Great for taking out a Loved one for a romantic dinner or a gathering of friends!!! Great food. Great service. Just a great place to be!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMunchies2Dined on 10/21/2014I thought lunch was wonderful. Our waitress was great, food terrific, and ambiance very nice and Italian, which we love. All in all it was a very pleasant eating experience.Special Features:
- Not as good as other MagganiosStuartVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food,food temperature and general lack of good service puts this at the bottom of my list (of other Magganios in the area...Skokie, and Clark Street Chicago). Its just not as good and hopefully they will work out all the bugs..because they definately have some.
- food is consistently goodDebbieDined on 10/20/2014The food at the Vernon Hills Maggiano's is just as good as the Schaumburg location. The chef gave us complimentary lemon cookies.Special Features:
- sweetest daydrtymnyDined on 10/18/2014my pleasure,.......that's what i like to hear... Lobster was perfect again,,chicken,lasagna.....and the apple dessert toast it up...Special Features:
- 1st timedebyDined on 10/17/2014this was our first visit to the Vernon hills location. the veal parmigiana was excellent, but service wasn't as expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Great place to celebrate with a group. Celebrated a friend's birthday...wonderful appetizers, salads and entrees...Take advantage of the take one home meal. Great Pasta options.
- yummmmmDined on 10/14/2014Went here with three generations and it was very yummy. Gnocci and ravioli were the biggest hits - tasted very fresh. Brownie and tiramisu also delicious. Very attentive service. Inside not as nice as Skokie or Chicago locations, but pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR "GO TO" RESTAURANTGreatfoodDined on 10/13/2014We took a friend who was in town from San Francisco for our wedding to Maggiano's in Vernon Hills. The food was fantastic, as always, and the service seemed to be extraordinary......we told the server that we had just been married over the weekend, and tho we had no room left for desert, she brought us a strawberry and a few lemon cookies w/ 2 candles .... it was a very nice touch! We love Maggianos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A known franchise!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Maggiano's is well known for great food and a fun and entertaining atmosphere. I actually enjoyed my visit to this location compared to other Chicago locations. The service was excellent especially for a Saturday evening. Overall a great experience and I will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- GreatDonnaDined on 10/11/2014Make a reservation! It reLly works. We got our table in 10 minutes while walk ins were told an hour and a half. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tubby1Dined on 10/11/2014We were the victims of very poor service from the moment we arrived. The food was just as good as other Maggianos we have tried.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Everything about our experience was great! We arrived 30 minutes earlier than our reservation time and we were seated right away, even though there were quite a few people waiting for tables. Our waiter was great, and when he heard it was our wedding anniversary he brought us each a complimentary glass if champagne! Oh, and the food...excellent and filling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.