Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner
2001 International Drive
Tyson's Galleria II
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 7033569000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Manny Duron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Get Maggiano’s great food and old world atmosphere delivered right to the door of your home or business. With Maggiano’s delivery service you can enjoy an authentic Italian meal almost anywhere. Call to speak with our Delivery specialist to place your order. * Minimum order value for delivery is $125 within the delivery area. Delivery fee of $20 or 15% of total food and beverage, whichever is higher, will be added
- Entertainment: Whether you’re looking to grab a drink after work or discover a new favorite wine, stop by Maggiano’s Little Italy to try our beverage menu. With over 40 wines by the glass, Italian Red & White Sangria by the pitcher, and our new $3-$6 from 3-6pm Premium Happy Hour, we’re sure you’ll find something you will love!
A word from Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner
Welcome to Maggiano's in Tyson's Galleria. We are located off of the Beltway near the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Washington Monument and Wolf Trap. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, graduation, or important client meeting. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including a fabulous Happy Hour. Look for exciting future events including an extravagant wine dinner. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (213)special occasion (159)great for lunch (93)kid-friendly (85)fit for foodies (81)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (59)hot spot (30)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014Great menu all around for Italian food lover's but also great for healthier options and gluten free. We have a few restricted dieters and this was perfect for all!Special Features:
- As always, pretty delicious!SteakisgoodVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food is always good. Wish i noted our server's name because he was terrific. We were very chatty and took forever to order and he kept telling us it was fine to take our time; many servers are not like that and try to rush you. He brought everything we ordered very timely and was very nice and professional. And again, the food is always quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all tables are created equalAjayDined on 10/26/2014The restaurant is crowded. They have table right up against the walking aisles that patrons use & servers use to buss trays of food. Its too close for comfort. Make sure you get a booth or at least an interior table. If you are sit on the aisle, you'll be disturbed. This restaurant is also quite loud - conversations at dinner are tough. The food is good, & they have a buy one-get one free deal on select pastas. Order a pasta for dinner, and take a free pasta (among the same select pastas) home for the next day. Nice for pasta lovers. Service is okay. We went for my wife's birthday & I told both the maitre' D as well as my server about it, and still they forgot to bring a candle. With so many good Italian places, maybe go elsewhere.Special Features:
- A great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Our party of 5 had the family style classic and dined on the terrace, facing the interior of the Tyson's mall. The waiters were attentive and brought us extra portions of entrees that we requested. The food was seasoned well and delicious as everyone in my party agreed. The family style menu choices are the best value as they include salads, entrees, and desserts at a fixed price. The wine corkage fee of $15 is a tad higher than I think necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gone badfoodVIPDined on 10/25/2014Maggianos use to be the Ruth's Chris of Italian food were you were always guaranteed a good meal, ambiance, and service. The one in McLean needs a refresher course in service from the moment you walk in the door the receptionist (I'm sure she's nice) but doesn't have a clue, through the servers, runners, Non existent bussers they all worked in harmony to ensure we had the worst dinning experience of our lives. The foods not bad but it's the way the entire experience come together. I was at the first maggianos in Chicago when it open. I ate at the Schaumburg maggianos in August ant the service was impeccable. My only conclusion is that the management is giving dc area dumbed down service because that what they expect.Special Features:
- ExcellentLindaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always a nice experience. Service is top notch. We ate on the "patio" overlooking the shopping mall. Nice quiet atmosphere and fun. My husband ordered the chicken parm - his favorite. The portions are large and we wind up taking some home. I had their spaghetti. I love the way they cook their noodles - always perfect, and the Marinara sauce is divine. It's simple but with great taste and a nice mixture of herbs and spices to give it that wonderful taste. Always a favorite for us.Special Features:
- Best service in Tyson'sAnniepooDined on 10/23/2014Everything is in order @ Maggiano's. Ambiance - warm tones with dimmed (but not dark) lighting. Food - best pasta around. They even have gluten-free. And if you are GF, you know how hard it is to find decent GF pasta... My husband says it's the best. Service - from the hostess to the server to the bus boys, everything is done swiftly (but not rushed) and done well. Staff is attentive to your needs and even goes that extra step to anticipate needs. My only beef is tha the noise level is a bit on the high side. But that's because the dining are is quite large.Special Features:
- Loud at firstCaptKirkeDined on 10/22/2014When we arrived it was busy, on a Wednesday evening around 7:30. We had to talk loud across the table to be heard. The chicken mannicoti was too salty. The eggplant parmegion was served without any pasta or melted cheese, even though it was listed as a pasta dish. The ceasar salad was good as were the steamed muscles. The ravioli was also good. The wine was over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I love eating here! My son and I meet here for lunch whenever we can. We are never rushed and the service is top notch whether we order an expensive dish or a lunch favorite. We absolutely love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAILING WAiTRESSWilliamDined on 10/19/2014WE ENJOY DINING HERE ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH. THIS WAS FIRST TIME WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICE. BROUGHT OUT WRONG ENTREE, CHARGED US FOR EXTRA ENTREE, FORGOT TO GIVE US TAKE-HOME PASTA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceHawaiiDined on 10/19/2014absolutely loved arriving at my reservation time, gave my name and my family and i were IMMEDIATELY seated by the hostess. Food was delicious, server was excellent and extremely helpful with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent! We had a great waiter who was very accommodating and friendly. You could tell he enjoyed serving customers and knew how to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalzzzzDined on 10/15/2014Food was exceptional and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Always plenty to take homeWVGirlDined on 10/13/2014The food is always delicious and plentiful. 4 of us shared 3 entrees and still had enough leftovers for 2 lunches.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!!Ksaun61Dined on 10/13/2014We made a reservation and was seated as soon as we arrived at the restaurant. Host was very polite and professional. Food and service was excellent. I will definitely go back when I am back in the area. Flatbreads are really good for starters. My daughter and her family was with me and they loved the whole dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good bang for the buckaseretbDined on 10/12/2014The food is always good and there is plenty of it. Terrific tiramisu! Took longer than usual for us to be served this time, not usually such a long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieforlifeDined on 10/11/2014I always enjoy my visits to Maggianos especially when with a larger group so we can do family style. So much variety and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; slow, haphazard serviceHarveyDined on 10/11/2014Lunch was good (salad fresh, pasta nicely done, shrimp perfect). Got seated promptly, once our party arrived, and in a good conversational area on the balcony. Took awhile to get drinks and place our order. While the orders were correct, took longer than expected for food to arrive.Special Features:
- Good food.luvfinefood2Dined on 10/10/2014It was my families first time there. They loved the food and the service, they were very satisfied and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014Great! Great Service! supper food. great deals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBronkDined on 10/10/2014Got engaged that evening after dinner. Starting out out Maggiano's was perfect. Waiter was great, and brought out Champagne glasses, and dessert cookies.Special Features:
- Service was SO BADmegraineDined on 10/10/2014If I could have chosen no stars for the lousy service we received, I would have. The food was good but overpriced. Because the service was so bad, I complained to the manager. He offered us free desserts or 25.00 gift cards. I will probably give mine away.
- I love Maggiano'sWhackVIPDined on 10/10/2014We tried one of the lighter menu items, the rigatoni, and it was really good! As always the service was very good. I also really recommend the chopped salad.Special Features:
- Loving the lighter side menu!ShebearDined on 10/9/2014While I too love the family style of Maggiano's, i am thrilled to see the new lighter side entree options! I was able to enjoy a delicious meal without walking away knowing I ate more than I should have. Looking forward to going back and trying other options but will surely try the chicken piccata again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, expensive drinksPalatepleaserDined on 10/9/2014Our food was good, but the Shrimp Fra Diavolo was not as spicy as most Italian restaurants serve; the requested red pepper flakes improved the dish. The new "Lighter Take" Chicken Marsala was still good, but seemed to achieve a substantial fraction of its calorie reduction through decreased portion size. Drinks are pricey at $9 for a house vodka martini and $17 for a 9 oz glass of ordinary cabernet.
- Very Disappointedcharlie22Dined on 10/7/2014Very disappointed, I made reservations in advance. Got seated in a small both next to the kitchen and service station. All we heard that night was loud forks and knifes being shuffled in a bucket. The both we sat in had a weird smell, it was so obvious that I couldn't finish my food. I don't think I will go there again.
- Sunday Night DisappointmentNYDCCousinsVIPDined on 10/5/2014Maitre'd was a rude nightmare. Arrived 20 minutes early, but was seated 10 min late (after two promptings by me). Table was on mall patio after mall shut down AC Sunday evening. Service was slow, initially given stale bread. Food entrees were good though. I usually expect better service here. I guess I need to avoid this restaurant on Sunday nights.
- Good food...noisy, but fun.AEP104Dined on 10/4/2014We visit this restaurant a few times a year for special occasions. It has great food and a nice feel.Special Features:
- What's happening with the salad???dsb2014Dined on 10/4/2014Was a regular until about a year ago that we had consecutive bad experiences with their salads and wilted lettuce. This past Saturday we diced to go back, unfortunatly we were served Caesar's salad with wilted lettuce again, waiter immediatly apologized and took it back only to bring another bowl of what it looked like the same salad. Asked for manager who again apologized only to again bring same bowl of wilted lettuce Caesar's salad. Worst part, the lying of the manager saying he made a new one only to learn later by the waiter that he just grabed de same one. This is so disrespectul. Sad that a nice restaurant has taken the quality of the food so low. Easy to warm frozen/refrigerated pasta, need to keep fresh ingredients not.
- poor service but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We were sat promptly but it took 20 minutes for our water to see us. This is of course after we also asked a different waiter who our waiter was and if he could find him. Once our waiter came and took our order it took another 15 minutes before anyone had drinks or bread. Another 10 minutes for our appetizers. In between dinner and dessert we waited 20 minutes. We also had to ask three times for our coffee! The overall meal time was 3 hours. Of course the food is excellent and I know it was busy. It was a Saturday. However out of all the times I have been to Maggianos this was the slowest and poorest service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with reasonable priceKAGHDined on 10/2/2014There is wide selection of food to choose from. Staff are all friendly and perofessional. They offered us complementary dessert for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good -Too Much Food - Caveat EmptorAmarilloPixelsDined on 9/30/2014Good food prepared to your request but portions are way too large. Ask for a table out of the traffic area and you may get lucky and get one. This is a throw back concept that feels dated but the place is always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great review once again!FamilyZDined on 9/30/2014Always dependable, always fresh, and always great service! Carl was our server, very attentive and prompt, great personality and took care of our every need. Food was very timely, fresh, very tasty! We always have a fantastic meal here! Thank you!Special Features:
- Haven't Been in a while!PES04Dined on 9/28/2014Tried late Sunday afternoon because this place is always crowded when we decide to go there. Easy to get in, service excellent and food was very good. Like the Classics, buy one take one home!Special Features:
- Lighter version menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Tasted 2 of lighter version menu items - chicken; shrimp - and enjoyed both very much. Appreciate having tasty lower calorie selection & encourage them to develop more options. A fruit dessert selection would be a nice addition.Special Features:
- barbaraVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food and service every time! We keep coming back for their pastas. We eat one entree there and take one entree home. Love it!!Special Features:
- Ignored with poor serviceMavenDined on 9/26/2014Ordered chicken parmigiana asked that sauce on pasta side be brought separate . The main meal ( chicken) was brought without sauce ) NOT chicken parm !! My family had been served and I had to wait to try to get the waiters attention. Finally he said "sorry I thought since you didn't want the sauce on top of the pasta MAYBE you didn't want it on the chicken". He also did not bring the side sauce for pasta with the meal when served!, Too late to send it back as my family was more than 1/2 way through their meals. He did eventually bring sauce for the pasta. I did not eat the meal . Worst experience at a Maggiamos ever and I have dined in Boca raton Florida abd columbia maryland with good food and attentive service . Won't return to Maggianos
- Consistencyhak3VIPDined on 9/26/2014Another positive dining experience with large portions, moderate pricing and very friendly service. Missing the chicken with pine nuts and linguine-my all time favorite pasta dish here.Special Features:
- Credit CreditOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The waitress did not return our credit card. When we noticed and called later we did not get an apology and they acted like we left it or something like it wasn't their fault.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealloulindyDined on 9/20/2014Maggiano's has something on the menu for everyone, and the servings are very generous. The Rigatoni "D" is delicious, and everyone enjoyed their food. The service was also very good. Our only complaint was that it was a bit noisy and cramped where we had to sit, and we had to wait a while to be seated even though we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.