Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner
2001 International Drive
Tyson's Galleria II
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (703) 356-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Manny Duron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Get Maggiano’s great food and old world atmosphere delivered right to the door of your home or business. With Maggiano’s delivery service you can enjoy an authentic Italian meal almost anywhere. Call to speak with our Delivery specialist to place your order. * Minimum order value for delivery is $125 within the delivery area. Delivery fee of $20 or 15% of total food and beverage, whichever is higher, will be added
- Entertainment: Whether you’re looking to grab a drink after work or discover a new favorite wine, stop by Maggiano’s Little Italy to try our beverage menu. With over 40 wines by the glass, Italian Red & White Sangria by the pitcher, and our new $3-$6 from 3-6pm Premium Happy Hour, we’re sure you’ll find something you will love!
A word from Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner
Welcome to Maggiano's in Tyson's Galleria. We are located off of the Beltway near the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Washington Monument and Wolf Trap. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, graduation, or important client meeting. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including a fabulous Happy Hour. Look for exciting future events including an extravagant wine dinner. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Maggiano's - Tyson's Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
327 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (220)special occasion (151)great for lunch (96)kid-friendly (95)fit for foodies (93)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (34)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (20)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great restaurant with great family meal prices!jay11Dined on 11/23/2014We brought my family here; it was their first time but not ours. They absolutely loved it! The food was amazing and the service was incredible! Our server Chris was one of the BEST servers we've ever had. We sat outside, which made it very intimate for our family as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusually slow serviceGregskiDined on 11/23/2014I have dined at Maggiano's Tyson's Corner at least 25 times over the years and usually have no problem. This past Sunday I was seated for over 20 minutes before my party of five's beverages were served. The food was up to the usual Maggiano standard and is moderately priced.Special Features:
- Really disappointed! Went for date night specialMalene65Dined on 11/22/2014Went for date night-for $39.95 two people get an appetizer to share, two pasta dishes and a dessert to share. Food was very mediocre and some of it had to be sent back as it was not hot. The pasta's were very bland-the service was okay....really remember having better meals here but hadn't been here on a while and won't return
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed the Marco's Meal for Two which included a LOT for $39.99: appetizer to share, two classic pastas plus two more to take home, and dessert to share. We had SO much food to take home it didn't really fit in the bag they gave us! My one complaint was that they brought out our food before we had finished our appetizer and the pastas were just warm, not hot. My eggplant parmesan was ok but would have been better if it was hot. Other than that, it was well worth the value. My husband and I enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect end to the week.CascadianDined on 11/22/2014Great food and service. Treated like a valued customer similar to a Morton's without the rigamaroo of dressing up and paying exorbant prices. Robert was very attentive and was knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. Must go and enjoy, you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers were amazing!BEONBDined on 11/22/2014We are originally from the NoVa area but moved away several years ago. We came into town for a visit and couldn't wait to eat at Maggianos again. While waiting for the others in our party, we sat at the bar and had the bruschetta and stuffed mushrooms. Both appetizers were amazing and the service is great !!! Our dinner was also fantastic and it was just a reminder as to why we keep coming back every time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst wait service I have ever encounteredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Worst service ever. Our waiter ignored us to the point we had to have another waiter take care of us. We were served plates but no serving utensils which we asked for repeatedly which another waiter brought to us. At the end of the meal he dropped off the bill but never came back to pick it up. We had to have the other waiter ring is up. We left him a cash tip. The food was subpar and by the time we got to it, it was cold.
- The service was terrible.TerribleDined on 11/21/2014I arrived late for my reservation, which was my own fault so no problem there. I was told I would be put on a waiting list which was fine and said I would be seated within 20 minutes. After waiting over 20 minutes I asked how much longer the wait will be, only to be told I had been removed from the wait list and will have to wait another 40 minutes. They did not show any signs of caring whether or not I ate at their restaurant and showed no kinds of willingness to help me out. I won't be eating there again.
- Biscotti requestCharlieVIPDined on 11/21/2014great overall dining experience. I enjoy the food and amazing staff!!! But please bring back the biscotti with my cappuccino!! Charlie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightANiceEveningDined on 11/18/2014Great food and nice ambiance. The noise level is great and so is the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annmDined on 11/18/2014Food and atmosphere were great; the hostess was very helpful finding us a quiet table so that we could hold our meeting. Unfortunately, our server was slow and not very friendly.Special Features:
- Perfect for family gatheringsRdrunnerddDined on 11/16/2014While there, there were many family celebrations going on. The place was a bit noisy, but tolerable. Despite the large parties, the waiters were very responsive and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!awellingsterDined on 11/16/2014We've gone to Maggiano's for many birthday celebrations and even Thanksgiving dinner. Consistently good food, large portions. What I love is that we get a second helping to take home on selected menu items :) The waiters are attentive and the Manager took care of things when an entree arrived late. Make sure you have reservations even on a Sunday (in fact one of their busier days). Otherwise the wait is loooong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthernVADined on 11/16/2014We went with a large party of 8 and the service, food was wonderful! Loved that they wrapped up extra's for us to take home and even made new orders for the take out. The only complaint I have is they must have had a door open in the kitchen and the draft came into the dining room. It was freezing that night , I understand the kitchen must have been hot but diners aren't running around like the staff.Special Features:
- It's ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014The best way to experience Maggiano's is with a group and the family orders. It's like being home but mom gets to sit with us and be served instead of cooking. The vodka sauce is my personal favorite but it's all good. Nothing is overcooked and everything is tasty. Gotta have a piece of Chocolate Zuccotti cake to end the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KLMCDined on 11/15/2014Great restaurant for groups, dates, and around the holidays. Nicely decorated for the holidays! Very busy so should always make reservation if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Disappointing Servicekjd5966Dined on 11/15/2014They have a wonderful, diverse menu. The food was excellent. We were seated 30 minutes past our Open Table reserved time. The server could not describe any of the craft beers offered. Our salads arrived before our drinks. Our water glasses were filled when we were seated and then never refilled. The restaurant was over crowded and service suffered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in 10 years at Maggiano's Tyson'sCAVBSV10Dined on 11/15/2014I made a reservation for 6:30PM last Saturday November 15, 2014; later I changed it to 7:00PM for a party of 4. We arrived at 6:45PM and were told that we had a 30-minute wait. After waiting for 45 minutes and standing directly in front of the Hostess and requesting an update to our status several times, we were bypassed several times and finally seated at 7:50 PM. Several text messages had been sent to my cell phone indicating that my table was ready at 7:34PM and 7:36PM. However, since I did not have my cell phone with me and I was standing less that 2 feet from the Hostess, and I was never told verbally that my table was ready, I expected an apology from the Hostess about the oversight and the frustration that we were feeling at the time. When we ordered our meal, we ordered an appetizer, which was not served until after we were served our entrees and we had reminded the waiter. It also appears that there was a lack of busboys and waiters to service the overflow of people wanting to dine at this restaurant. At no time did the Hostess or the Manager apologize for the delay in our seating or the lack of service attendants. Maggiano’s at Tyson’s Corner has been our signature restaurant for special occasions, wedding anniversaries birthdays, etc., for the past 10 years. We are saddened that this experience has significantly changed our opinion.
- need improvement in reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014we arrived before our 6:45 reservation but were not seated until 7:20. On arrival at 6:40, we were told they still had a number of 6:30 reservations to seat. Clearly, they booked too many at 6:30Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation didn't matterGibGodwinDined on 11/15/2014Open table reservation for 6:30 wasn't honored. 40 minutes late to an outside table with a server that didn't stay connected to the needs of the table. Been to this Maggiano's many times and this was absolutely the worst ever.
- DisappointingLocaltouristVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten here many times but this visit was very disappointing. Even though the dining area maybe at 30% capacity, the service was terribly slow! We waited 10 minutes to get water, 20 to get food and an additional 20 to get an order of tiramisu (cut and serve) plus additional time to get our check corrected as the waitress forgot to apply our coupon. The food: all three of us ordered off the classics menu/take one home plan (which we love, what a deal!) However, my chicken stuffed shells special filling was good, sadly though it had been under lights too long and the shells were tough and the sauce all but disappeared. My husband was brought the wrong entree (received the one he intended to take home) which he ate anyway as we couldn't get our waitress. My daughter's fettucini was okay but not hot.
- Come HungryEmelleGDined on 11/14/2014This is the second time the BF and I have been to Maggiano's to enjoy their generous portions. We ordered the calamari again and it did not disappoint. The batter was light, the meat tender, and the marinara sauce tasted fresh. The complimentary bread was also nice and warm and perfect when dipped in the olive oil. I do wish they offered some herbs to mix in, but I added salt & pepper which was just as acceptable. For my meal, I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan. The texture and taste of the eggplant was really good, but the sauce was a tad too garlicky (and I LOVE garlic, so that's saying a lot). I took half home and demolished it the next day. The BF ordered the Baked Ziti with sausage which he liked very much and ate most of. For our "to go" entrees, I ordered the Lasagna and he got the Fettuccine Alfredo. I ended up giving the Lasagna to my brother who said it was good but too salty. That's disappointing because I hear that's one of their more popular dishes. I sampled the Fettuccine the next day and it was very good but super saucy. You can definitely tell why that was a 1500+ calorie dish (as printed on the menu). Bottom line: We'll definitely be back for more calamari, but will instead try a meal not on the classic pasta section.Special Features:
- ExperienceKitKat50Dined on 11/14/2014Our server and the food were both great! I love Maggiano's I just don't get to Tyson's that often anymore. I wish you were located in Gainesville, VA. I would be there all the time if you were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanVIPDined on 11/12/2014The portions were generous without being overwhleming. Service was polite and friendly. The overall quality of the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangiaHEWICKINMDDined on 11/8/2014This was my second time eating at Maggiano's and it was just as good this time as last. The 4 cheese ravioli with pesto/alfredo sauce was very good. The pasta was al dente and delicious. My only 'dislike' was the dollop of marinara sauce they put on top. It seemed almost an 'after thought' since I don't remember it being listed as an ingredient on the menu. While the marinara was good, it seemed out of place with the pesto/alfredo sauce which I thought was good on its' own. I would ask it be left off the next time I ordered it. The lemon cookies I had for dessert were soft, lemony and the perfect touch to end the meal. I will be back.Special Features:
- Not satisfiedRestaurantLoverDined on 11/7/2014Booked online and still had to wait and host was about to seat walk-ins before me who had a reservation and had been already waiting for 20 minutes. Had to confront host in order to be seated. Also did not have wine available that was on the wine list. Not satisfied.Special Features:
- Good in DCCarolKDined on 11/2/2014We went with 2 groups of folks on a Sunday night. Lots of people and lots of small kids. Service was very nice. Food delicious. It was a very nice time. Waitstaff is not bothered by size of group, or amounts of small children! We will return. On our next visit to DC.Special Features:
- SUNDAY WITH RELATIVESkf58Dined on 11/2/2014Many choices on the menu. We got the family style. Portions are generous as we took quiet a bit home with us. It can be a little crowded we had 9 people in our party and it was a tight fit getting up and out of your seat. Waiter was good, service was good.Special Features:
- Great dinnerlu2eatDined on 10/30/2014Had the chicken Francaise with broccollini instead of potatoes. It was delicious & so was the Italian salad! The service was wondeful! Evan-our waiter met our every need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedinnerDined on 10/30/2014Food and service were very good. Got noisey because got so busy. Recommending we hold our group lunch of 22 people coming up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014Great menu all around for Italian food lover's but also great for healthier options and gluten free. We have a few restricted dieters and this was perfect for all!Special Features:
- As always, pretty delicious!SteakisgoodVIPDined on 10/27/2014The food is always good. Wish i noted our server's name because he was terrific. We were very chatty and took forever to order and he kept telling us it was fine to take our time; many servers are not like that and try to rush you. He brought everything we ordered very timely and was very nice and professional. And again, the food is always quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all tables are created equalAjayDined on 10/26/2014The restaurant is crowded. They have table right up against the walking aisles that patrons use & servers use to buss trays of food. Its too close for comfort. Make sure you get a booth or at least an interior table. If you are sit on the aisle, you'll be disturbed. This restaurant is also quite loud - conversations at dinner are tough. The food is good, & they have a buy one-get one free deal on select pastas. Order a pasta for dinner, and take a free pasta (among the same select pastas) home for the next day. Nice for pasta lovers. Service is okay. We went for my wife's birthday & I told both the maitre' D as well as my server about it, and still they forgot to bring a candle. With so many good Italian places, maybe go elsewhere.Special Features:
- A great restaurantMichaelDined on 10/26/2014Our party of 5 had the family style classic and dined on the terrace, facing the interior of the Tyson's mall. The waiters were attentive and brought us extra portions of entrees that we requested. The food was seasoned well and delicious as everyone in my party agreed. The family style menu choices are the best value as they include salads, entrees, and desserts at a fixed price. The wine corkage fee of $15 is a tad higher than I think necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gone badfoodVIPDined on 10/25/2014Maggianos use to be the Ruth's Chris of Italian food were you were always guaranteed a good meal, ambiance, and service. The one in McLean needs a refresher course in service from the moment you walk in the door the receptionist (I'm sure she's nice) but doesn't have a clue, through the servers, runners, Non existent bussers they all worked in harmony to ensure we had the worst dinning experience of our lives. The foods not bad but it's the way the entire experience come together. I was at the first maggianos in Chicago when it open. I ate at the Schaumburg maggianos in August ant the service was impeccable. My only conclusion is that the management is giving dc area dumbed down service because that what they expect.Special Features:
- ExcellentLindaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always a nice experience. Service is top notch. We ate on the "patio" overlooking the shopping mall. Nice quiet atmosphere and fun. My husband ordered the chicken parm - his favorite. The portions are large and we wind up taking some home. I had their spaghetti. I love the way they cook their noodles - always perfect, and the Marinara sauce is divine. It's simple but with great taste and a nice mixture of herbs and spices to give it that wonderful taste. Always a favorite for us.Special Features:
- Best service in Tyson'sAnniepooDined on 10/23/2014Everything is in order @ Maggiano's. Ambiance - warm tones with dimmed (but not dark) lighting. Food - best pasta around. They even have gluten-free. And if you are GF, you know how hard it is to find decent GF pasta... My husband says it's the best. Service - from the hostess to the server to the bus boys, everything is done swiftly (but not rushed) and done well. Staff is attentive to your needs and even goes that extra step to anticipate needs. My only beef is tha the noise level is a bit on the high side. But that's because the dining are is quite large.Special Features:
- Loud at firstCaptKirkeDined on 10/22/2014When we arrived it was busy, on a Wednesday evening around 7:30. We had to talk loud across the table to be heard. The chicken mannicoti was too salty. The eggplant parmegion was served without any pasta or melted cheese, even though it was listed as a pasta dish. The ceasar salad was good as were the steamed muscles. The ravioli was also good. The wine was over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I love eating here! My son and I meet here for lunch whenever we can. We are never rushed and the service is top notch whether we order an expensive dish or a lunch favorite. We absolutely love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsLAB613Dined on 10/20/2014Love the classic pasta dishes! You can dine on one and take another home. I was with a group and our waiter could not have been more patient and attentive. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.