Maggiano's - Tampa
203 Westshore Plaza
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8132889000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Deb Benanti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 813-288-0124 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Tampa
Welcome to Maggiano's Tampa, located on the corner of Westshore & Kennedy near the Westshore Plaza Mall. Our restaurant is convenient to the Port of Tampa & only 2 miles from the Tampa International Airport. Maggiano's 380 seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. Our fabulous patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Maggiano's - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (157)special occasion (145)romantic (78)kid-friendly (75)great for lunch (65)fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (37)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (23)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (3)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and it was great our waitress was really awesome , never had a empty glass and didn't take long to bring something that i asked for and she took her time to explain menú and the quality and quantity of the food for price is really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy, good foodluv2dineDined on 10/19/2014We took the family to Maggianos Sunday night for dinner. We enjoyed the family style portions. We all loved the mussels, veal Parmesan, chicken Marsala and the linguini with clams.. The service was excellent and we look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AtmospherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014We celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary with our two teenage children. The food was AMAZING and the atmosphere was FUN. Our server, Tyler, went above and beyond, although he had two large parties, to make sure our evening was the best it could be! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great eveningswimgirla1Dined on 10/18/2014I appreciate being able to make a reservation. Thank you for allowing us to sit on the upper mezzanine, as requested. It made the evening special. The boxed leftovers were a treat the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great and the service outstanding. It was an enjoyable evening. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Pricey vs. FoodPantherDined on 10/17/2014I was not impress with the food, but great service. I like valet parking and waitress was very nice. I am unsure, if I will return.
- good food very noiseyQTPIDined on 10/12/2014The noise level was horrible it ruined my dinner which was yummy. We ate quickly and left. I wanted to leave the comment for noise level blank put won't let me answer honestly there wasn't a choice for horrible !!!!! I would tell a friend that the food is good but the noise level is killer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodKittenDined on 10/11/2014The food here is excellent and you will not be disappointed at the amount of food you get. The prices are very reasonable , service was great. I'll be returning but I think this is a place for groups to get together because it is a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RoxyDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service! Everyone in my party was first timers! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Date Night!ClassygalDined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a friday date night and it was pretty packed. Thankfully we had a reservation and waited less than 5 minutes (we overheard the hostess telling someone the wait was 1 1/2 hrs..YIKES). They honored our booth preference and it was really cozy and romantic. Wines by the glass are a little pricey but I recommend ordering the bigger portion if you want more than one glass. If you are looking to cut back on the heftly calories from most of the entrees, stick with the lighter option. I had the chicken picatta (lighter take) and it was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/10/2014We had the new lighter fare dishes and they were excellent. They need to rethink the bar area because it is too busy when you walk in. Overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Maggiano's was a great time, food was fantastic. Was a good choice for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceB1016Dined on 10/8/2014I took prospective clients to dinner - great food and very relaxing meeting. The noise level was a little high for a first-time meeting, but the service and food were both excellent.Special Features:
- DiamondheadDined on 10/7/2014We have eaten here on various occasions, and it is very reliable. Good food at reasonable prices--sometimes too much food! There was a misstep on this occasion, as my dish did not have the marinara sauce requested. As a result, my wife ate while I waited for the correct replacement dish to arrive. Other than that, things were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceDanGatorVIPDined on 10/7/2014Maggiano's always come through with consistently good food and service. Great for large partiessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisFDennisDined on 10/5/2014Server was very good. The chief was accommodating; agreed to substitute the red sauce in the fruti de mare for white clam. The dish was OK but bland and lacking. The calamari again very mediocre. My wife had the chicken parm, big portion but tasted like a frozen cutlet with a spoon of tomato sauce on it. Overall --OK not worthy of the price we paid. More on the level of a Spaghetti Warehouse, although some might say that SW is better?Special Features:
- Family OutingtampaeatsDined on 10/4/2014We were one of many groups our for a family celebration. Our table of six was one of the smaller parties, and this restaurant is completely prepared to accommodate various size groups. We had made a reservation, and I would always do that again in the future. We have another family birthday next month, and I hope we go back to Maggianos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceTandRDined on 9/27/2014I had been trying to get to Maggiano's for a while, and I was finally able to swing it. Even in the pouring rain, the place was packed. That says something about the quality of experience and food. After a delicious dinner and some wonderful wine, I must say, I have to concur. I will be back sooner than later.Special Features:
- A wonderful celebrationHappydinerDined on 9/27/2014We took our daughter to dinner for her 21st birthday. We had a wonderful meal. The staff treated her like a queen. They even brought two birthday desserts. It was a great night toasting a great girl.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodPickyEaterVIPDined on 9/26/2014My son and I enjoyed the calamari and the zuchini appetizer was out of this world. The portions of gnochi and spaghetti were not only delicious, they were huge. My son was able to take plenty of leftovers back to his apartment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst tableDrpepperDined on 9/26/2014for having used open table, we got the worst table for our experience.
- Poor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The service was terrible. the waiter could not get the order correct. Bread was served hard and cold; no olive oil poured out. Was asked what take home entree I wanted, never got it. food was okay. Waiter disappeared for long periods of time.Special Features:
- Overpriced disappointmentWouldbefoodieDined on 9/23/2014If your anticipating a great restaurant with an ideal atmosphere for conversation and a good price point compared to value, look elsewhere. The main dining area is an open concept with high ceilings and a knack for trapping noise. As we sat in our booth- awkwardly shaped to face out into the crowd and not toward each other to promote natural conversation- we had to tell any time we opted to fully turn our bodies to talk. Other than the awkward conversation setting, the food was mediocre for the price point. A drastically different experience from other Maggianos we've visited. No plans to return to this location.Special Features:
- Good food- slow serviceMamaDDined on 9/21/2014We have been there many times and have enjoyed celebrating special events there. Lately, they seem to be struggling with the service side of the business. This week the time between courses was way too long. Although the server was attentive, we felt the meal dragged on way too long. Last time, our server made mistakes with every course.i hope these issues are addressed so this restaurant remains a top choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedgigoDined on 9/21/2014We arrived early for our 6PM dining reservation. The bar was empty and we were offered a table there, which we declined. We had reserved a booth but were seated at a table. I asked the server about the pasta sauce on a new menu item. The server described the sauce as lemon butter, accompanying the chicken francaise. The pasta was hidden under the chicken and was a clump of no sauce noodles. The seafood on the seafood pasta was mostly mussels. During the meal, the server poured one or two ounces of wine at a time into our wine glasses. After the check was delivered (unrequested), she poured the remaining half bottle in to our two glasses. The server should have asked if we wanted to take the bottle with us, as permitted in Florida.Special Features:
- charmaineVIPDined on 9/21/2014Service was great. .good food. Prices were Great. Good selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBuonAppetitoDined on 9/18/2014When the food is delicious and the atmosphere good - there is not much one can add to a review except to say "you must go there."Special Features:
- Great Evening OutTay4uDined on 9/15/2014We chose this restaurant for our anniversary and was not disappointed. We each ordered a shrimp pasta entrée (scampi & diablo) and each was perfection. The shrimp were large and plentiful and the scampi was flavorful without being overly seasoned. The diablo was perfect, just the right amount of heat. The appetizer of zucchini fritte was well prepared; soft inside with crispy coating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianRDined on 9/14/2014I'm used to Italian chains like Olive Garden and Carrabbas, so I didn't expect anything fancy, with this being another chain. The marinara sauce was amazing. My girlfriend and I both chose the chicken parmesan and received 3 pieces each, with spaghetti in a bowl on the side. Since we both chose the chicken parmesan, they selected us to try the lower calorie version of it, with 2 more pieces. The lower calorie version was good, but the regular was better. I will definitely be going back, and also buying some sauce for my parents, who do not have a Maggianos near them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was surprised when we got our food because it was not up to par. I read many reviews that said Maggiano's is a fabulous place with great portions for its price. Although I do agree that the portions were fair, the food itself was not good. The steak, ordered at a medium rare, was too rare and also had no flavor whatsoever. The baked tiliapia also had no seasoning to it and the shrimp and muscle pasta was simply noodles and seafood in a very water-y pasta sauce. All in all, I would not recommend this place to anyone seeing as though our dinner experiencing was nothing I had anticipated.Special Features:
- The Best Meat sauce & Meat BallsGerrySVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent meat sauce filled with meat. You cannot find any better meat balls any where. The severs are excellent and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but good food.LinricDined on 9/13/2014Tried the new lite ziti, it was very good. Also did the dinner for 2 for $39.99. They let me use a $5.00 off coupon with it because one of the pastas was from the new lite menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was very beautiful. The service was excellent and the food was good! Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great choices on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014We had our monthly Girls Night Out here and had a great time. Nice selection of menu choices at good price points and good options for those with lighter appetites as well as those who like to bring goodies home to eat the next day. Attentive, professional servers, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebrationKarlDined on 9/7/2014Went there for my husband's 60th birthday with family from out of town. Enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We were so impressed with our server-Matthew. He has class-personality-and made our dinner experience one of the best ever. He is an asset to Maggiano's-I will always request him in the future.Nancy HusingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Very noisey-server had hard time communicating, thus order confusionSpecial Features:
- Saturday Night DinnerPantaloones86Dined on 9/5/2014We got to the restaurant and were seated right away. Our waitress was ok at first and then lacked professionalism quickly after our drinks were delivered. There was a party of 12 seated right next to us 20 minutes after we ordered and they got their food before us. We couldn't find our server for almost 45 minutes and when we did she was talking to 3 co workers and not paying attention to her customers. Not a single sorry was given to us or a comp of any kind. Our food came out almost completely cold like it had been sitting out waiting for someone to pick it up. She's lucky we didn't walk out since we were so hungry. My fiancé and I were both very disappointed in the service at this restaurant and the lack of caring from the waitress.Special Features:
- MaggianosLBatista13Dined on 9/5/2014Great service! Love the restaurant. My favorite Italian place to go and have a nice and romantic dinner with a love one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed night outnightoutDined on 8/31/2014This was a bad experience. The service was terrible. The server took our order and basically NEVER came back until he took our plates after we were done. Finally we were so thirsty, We had to flag down another server to refill our water glasses!!! Really Maggianos? You dont refill water glasses with out people asking first? Tacky! When he came to clear the table he NEVER ask how our meal was. He never ask if we wanted desert. We had to ask him. Over all very disappointing experience. I will not recommend this restaurant, in fact I will tell people of our disappointing night out at Maggianos.Special Features: