Maggiano's - Tampa
203 Westshore Plaza
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8132889000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Deb Benanti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 813-288-0124 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Tampa
Welcome to Maggiano's Tampa, located on the corner of Westshore & Kennedy near the Westshore Plaza Mall. Our restaurant is convenient to the Port of Tampa & only 2 miles from the Tampa International Airport. Maggiano's 380 seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. Our fabulous patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Maggiano's - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (203)good for groups (199)great for lunch (98)romantic (96)kid-friendly (91)fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (52)hot spot (51)great for brunch (46)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (8)Show More
- Great Food. Great Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014The Tampa Maggiano's is wonderful. My friends and I had lunch there this week to celebrate our birthdays. It was their first time dining at Maggiano's. The Eggplant Parm, Lasagna and Spaghetti and Meatball were delicious and substantial. The Fried Zucchini was a hit. All the salads were fresh and tasty. They surprised us with a complimentary dessert tray. We couldn't decide on which item we liked the best. Betty our server was very wonderful and the contact person I spoke with was Amy. Both these ladies are to be commended for being mega attentive and certainly encourage us all to dine again and again.Special Features:
- Best Italian in TBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food here is outstanding....made fresh every day and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatEricDined on 8/15/2014Restaurant crams customers into every space possible. My party was wedged into a very tight space where they placed 3 tables when only 2 really fit. You couldn't move and the table was jammed into your ribs. The table was also very wobbly. Even the server couldn't believe that we were placed at that table. We were forced to wait until they had another table to move us to.Special Features:
- not up too parmiggianosDined on 8/15/2014Food was nowhere near as good as it was in the past. The Linguine with clam sauce was very bland and they did not chop up the garlic fine enough. Actually very disappointed as the bill topped $150.Special Features:
- Our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014As usual Maggiano's delivered. The food was awesome and service was as well. What you get for the price is more than reasonable. Whenever we are in Tampa, Maggiano's is a definite stop for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3ItaliansDined on 8/15/2014Overall experience was great. Our server, Michael, was wonderful. Recalled specifics on how drinks were ordered and brought refills accordingly. He was very efficient. Food is wonderful as always other than the very large amount of "chunks" of garlic in the eggplant. That has always been my one and only dislike of any of your dishes. Re: desert, would have liked the Creme Brule served warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just let me knowDERBYVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went for the linguini red clam sauce. As I always do. They were out of the whole clams for the dish but did not inform us until the dinner was ready to arrive. This was early in the evening. 6 pm. In their defense, they did give us extra chopped clams. Not the same. Overall always good value and worth the trip.
- A Must GoVegeGirlDined on 8/10/2014This may be my new favorite! Setting up the reservation for a party of 9 was effortless. I was given a courtesy call the morning of our reservation to make sure everything was perfect, we were greeted in the most professional manner and seated almost immediately. Our server, Monica, was nothing short of amazing! She was friendly, prompt, polite, and efficient, truly one of the best! We ordered off the family menu. The food came quickly, was piping hot and incredibly delicious! We will be frequenting Maggiano's for future dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayKbdayDined on 8/10/2014We have dined at Maggianos in the past but our server, Gary, I believe that as his name was extraordinary. He made the special occasion special and we never had to ask for anything. He gave us plenty of time to complete each course. The best dining experience we have had at Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday!KspoDined on 8/9/2014Our server, Matt was so helpful! The food was absolutely fantastic! I will definitely return for the next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!JnAlyKDined on 8/9/2014This was my 1st visit after hearing great things for years about Maggiano's. The food is outstanding and the portions are unbelievable! Do Not eat all day if you are going to use family style dining. The food never stopped coming. Waitress was very friendly and helpful. The only downfall was the noise. At times we could not hear our waitress. The food price is great and 100% worth every penny. The alcohol was expensive and w/o it our bill would have been very cheap considering the amount of food we ate. You MUST try Maggiano's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happyangela222Dined on 8/9/2014We haven't been to Maggiano's in about a year and we were happy to return. Our server was fantastic and so was the food.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemJMDT3744Dined on 8/9/2014Been to Maggiano's several times and was not disappointed this time. Food is very good and waitress Betty was outstanding arriving at our table just as we were in need of something. She had great timing was friendly and had a bubbly personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealEarlDined on 8/9/2014Good Italian menu. Reasonably priced. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Great food, eh serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Not our first time at Maggiano's, but first time to this particular location. The food was fine, as usual. Service could have been better. We had to ask the waitress more than once for a few things, such as another napkin, more water, more bread. Overall, not a bad experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timedbs1Dined on 8/8/2014We have dined at Maggiano's several times both in Tampa and in Nashville, TN. The food was excellent and the service was, too. We especially like the pasta take home meal the next day. What a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Lunchrangerette65Dined on 8/7/2014Our entire party LOVED every bite -- and the bites we all took home with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Nana'sNaomiShelbyLynnDined on 8/5/2014I have been searching for a lasagne that has that authentic flavor my Nana brings to her pastas. I could not believe they gave me a whole portion to take home for free! Definitely returning once a month!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect from beginning to end.great4foodDined on 8/5/2014Everything from a warm and personal greeting to a pleasant goodbye made for a delightful and delicious luncheon. We found our server "Dee" to be especially gracious and helpful with all of our requests. Looking forward to our next visit to Maggiano's soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rickrickDined on 8/3/2014everything was excellent from food to service and easy reservation system..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DishDebbieDined on 8/2/2014Bowtie pasta dish had no flavor had a party of four at my table and three of us got the same dish no flavor but the waitress was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Fantastic service and the food is beyond amazing! Huge portion sizes and every bite is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShortcakeDined on 8/1/2014We had seating inside, but with the extremely high ceilings, the noise level was horrible. Our visit was for an 83 year old birthday! The older people couldn't hear any of the other guests talking. We requested to sit outside on the patio, and the staff bent over backwards to change our seating location! It was beautiful outside, and that made our dining experience a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as alwaysDoritDined on 7/31/2014Maggianos is one of my family's favorite restaurant. No matter what we order, it is delicious, done well great presentation and generous quantity. Prices are reasonable and service is always excellent. My family always has a great dining experience at Maggianos. We go there about once to twice a month. I love their high ceiling and decor. I feel like I can breath in their large open space. I usually prefer outdoor dining when possible, but at Maggianos I love the indoor. Nice wine choices too. Love the flat breads and chopped salad.Special Features:
- Best Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- Another great experienceSeafood42Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent comfort foods and attentive service... Consistently meets expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manga! Manga!FoodiePrincessDined on 7/31/2014Magianos is my favorite Italian restaurant. They have unique items of their menu that I haven't found anywhere else. Everything I've had here is wonderful! If you've not been here yet, make it a point to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a FavoriteSacchi7Dined on 7/30/2014Maggiano's is clearly a chain--it is a large, cookie-cutter type restaurant that is noisy, serves extra large portions to tourists with mediocre food. Our server, on the other hand, was very good, friendly and professional. The toasted bread for the bruschetta was just a little bit stale and the Caesar salad dressing was obviously mayonnaise based (probably Kraft). My chicken Marsala was okay, although the sauce tasted too much of balsamic vinegar (same with the bruschetta) but my husband's veal was heavily breaded, deep fried and chewy. To finish off our experience, they had no decaf espresso. We won't go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free favorite!katiefaithDined on 7/29/2014I had my first date with my boyfriend of two years here, and we always come back to celebrate and recreate our perfect first date. I love the gluten free pasta. I wish they would offer the lasagna too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeetingpoppaDined on 7/28/2014This is my favorite lunch and early dinner spot in Tampa Bay! I have never been disappointed! Staff is attentive to all needs. Great pre-dinner bar area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCCFLDined on 7/26/2014We had a reservation for 13 and the hostess wouldn't give us two extra seats for the 2 people that showed up unexpectedly, however, the waiter and manager were very accommodating and found us a small table to add to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service, too loudstarfish11Dined on 7/26/2014To celebrate my birthday this year I chose this Maggiano's. I've been to several across the country and as always the food was consistently good. My qualm came from our table, it was a round table designed for about six people, placed directly in front of the elevator (lift really as it had no individual car) with a door that actually hit the table when opened (if we had 6 people dining it would have hit them as well). The service was great, attentive but the noise level was so high we had a very hard time hearing each other, for a party of five people that shouldn't be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014For many years, Maggiano's has been a favorite restaurant for my family to celebrate special occasions. Of course it was my first choice for my daughter's 18th birthday lunch. She said it was fun and I had a great time because everything went so smoothly. The food was delicious and our waiter Edward was outstanding. Thank you Edward for your attentive service.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerkbsnaggleDined on 7/25/2014It was my son's birthday and I know that this is a great location for special occasions with big groups. The food is always great! We had a really nice dinner.Special Features:
- Average mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014Service was spotty, had to remind servers numerous times to bring more bread, water and additional silverware. It wasnorganized service for this level of restaurant. Food was average. The salad was small and consisted of iceberg lettuce, small grape tomatoes and a couple black olives. Restaurants come off cheap when they don't use real tomatoes in salad. Chicken marsala was ok, just excessively soaked in a deep wine sauce.
- "Fat Guys Stuff"SuzieDined on 7/20/2014There's a group of friends that gather every few months to get together for the sole purpose of friendship and eating. This was a perfect environment for such an occasion. Family style feast is the only way to go. the food was amazing and the waiter was very accommodating to such a large group.Special Features:
- LateOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Didn't seat us at reservation time so we missed our movieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Time Here...FromRuskinDined on 7/19/2014We arrived at 5pm on Saturday. The place was still quiet but was getting very busy by 6pm. Our food came super fast, it was hot and delicious. The bread was excellent, it should come with butter as an option to the oil on the table or at least offered. Our waitress was just OK, she didn't get the check right. Then when we got home discovered she had given us the wrong classic pasta. Overall we were satisfied and will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was off that night. My pasta dish was very "runny". For a resturant that I love, it was ok.Special Features:
- Good Italian food!JonshaDined on 7/18/2014I think this is the best of the Italian food chain restaurants.Special Features: