Maggiano's - Tampa
203 Westshore Plaza
Tampa, FL 33609Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (813) 288-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Deb Benanti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 813-288-0124 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Tampa
Welcome to Maggiano's Tampa, located on the corner of Westshore & Kennedy near the Westshore Plaza Mall. Our restaurant is convenient to the Port of Tampa & only 2 miles from the Tampa International Airport. Maggiano's 380 seat dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. Our fabulous patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggiano's - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
221 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (145)special occasion (134)romantic (73)kid-friendly (60)fit for foodies (59)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (32)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (21)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Out server, Marlon, was great. He was friendly and always available. The food was amazing as always.Special Features:
- nice lunchtwodinersDined on 11/24/2014We have been eating here periodically for the past few months and are never disappointed. My husband likes the buy one, take one entrees and I typically get a salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Don't think we will return for brunch. My husband and I were seated very close to 2 tables with small unruly , loud children. I have had better experiences.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My son and I enjoyed ourselves very much and I plan to return to Maggiano,s very soon. Great food and great service but too loud for much serious conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a2zartDined on 11/21/2014Restaurant did not smell fresh, carpets need to be cleaned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food and the service were great. Unfortunately, we were seated in a noisy high traffic area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Our server was amazing! She was so personable and had a fantastic sense of humor...she made it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- higher end dining, but not exactly "fancy"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014the food is always prepared very well, but anyone that considers themselves a "foodie" is going to quickly notice just how "basic" the menu is. Carrabba's has a more "intensive" menu. So with that grain of salt, when you do find something on the menu, you shouldn't be disappointed with the quality. The service is hit or miss. That isn't to say that the service has ever been bad, but you'll notice some servers are much more interactive and make the evening more of an experience while others just stick to the basic fundamentals of good service. Some know the wine list much better than others, some know the menu much better than others, but they have all been good. The general ambiance is where things really sway one way or another. It does get really busy and many parts of the restaurant get very loud. Hard to have a romantic dinner with a glass of wine when it gets so loud. But, the high ceilings in some areas really help, and if you go when it isn't so busy, the restaurant has a very nice ambiance. with a bigger group, the family style meal is fun, but definitely call ahead. During the busier times, even with a reservation, you can wait 10-20 minutes for your table. I've been told over an hour for a walk up table for 2. Personally, I would like to see the pricing much more balanced. The pasta deal they let you take home a dish is great, but you can tell they offset the cost of that with other things on the menu. Overall, it is a favorite of ours. Much better than the typical casual dining restaurant, but there is a bit of a premium price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceWallyDined on 11/19/2014Our waitress Patricia was awesome! She is so friendly, energetic and very attentive anticipating all our needs. As always the food was great. One of our favorite places to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I have a new appreciation for Italian cuisine! We had family style (CC) and everything was excellent! Great waiter too :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much expected, nothing hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014Starting off this Friday night with a pomegranate martini was the goal after a very busy week. We arrived and were seated in the main area, a booth. I had inquired about the mezzanine but the waitress didn't answer me why we weren't considered for that when I asked. However another waiter heard me too and suggested that when we came again they certainly would try to accommodate us but there were meetings happening at that time. The biggest disappointment came when we received our martinis. My wife's was a quarter glass different in level than mine. Really? This waitress must not have looked at what she was serving. The experience was pretty consistent with this waitress so the review suffers because or poor service.
- Good food for a fair priceTJMMKEDined on 11/12/2014Ate at Maggiano's while in Tampa on business. Obviously this is a very "touristy" restaurant as the first thing the waitress asked us was if this was our first time in Tampa. Overall the service was OK, nothing noteworthy but not bad. The food was of good quality and portions were what one would expect for the price. Again, nothing that stood out as particularly noteworthy but a good solid meal for the price. The restaurant itself was packed at 7:00 on a Wednesday night which was kind of surprising but it did not affect our dining experience any. Ultimately, I'd recommend this restaurant as a good option if you're looking for a quality meal without splurging too heavily on higher-end dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOODJIMMYDined on 11/7/2014EVERYTHING WAS VERY GOOD, SERVICE, FOOD I THOUGHT WINE IS LITTLE HIGH PRICED BUT I DONT DRINK $15 GLASS HOUSE WINESpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJay16Dined on 11/6/2014My girlfriend mention this restaurant as a place she enjoyed going with her mom, so we decided to go for our anniversary. It was a great experience, with fantastic food. They were even very understanding when we had to call to change our reservation because of Tampa traffic. They were not only understanding, but happy to do it. We plan on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and BoisterousRickDined on 11/1/2014Too loud and boisterous for me. Very noisy, woman behind me had a laugh like a horse and thought everything was funny. Large group seated to my left had 3 children under the age of 8 and all behaved like wild Indians and the parents didn't care. I will not be back.
- a bit off this night...lizagDined on 11/1/2014We often go out to eat at Maggiano's so I know what to expect. I always order the eggplant parm, but this time it didnot taste fresly made. It was over breaded and the bread crumbs were soggy. I want to be able to taste the eggplant. I did send it back and choose the lasagna instead. But it was a less than par visit and no apologies were made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just A Family Italian RestntGerrySVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great italian food with varied menu and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Maggiano's great Italian restaurantpjmflDined on 10/29/2014Typically, chain restaurants don't live up to their hype. Not so, with Maggiano's. The food and service are always above average. While it may be a bit noisy at times, so can an Italian home! Never had a bad meal here and the wait staff is always friendly and efficient. Have recommended to many friends, who in turn, have enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worldtravelerDined on 10/25/2014Great food, generous portions, friendly and attentive staff, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice dining experiencegoodplaceDined on 10/25/2014After having gone to the STARZ at the Tampa Bay Preforming Arts, we wanted to have a dining experience outside of downtown Tampa. So we made reservations online and were more than satisfied upon our arrival. Only negative was it was noisy, thank goodness we had a corner table for the six of us which made it better to hear each other's conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a horrible table, slow but accurate service, they didn't do the anniversary plated dessert as they said they would when I called after making the reservationSpecial Features:
- GreatEdwinFuentesDined on 10/20/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and it was great our waitress was really awesome , never had a empty glass and didn't take long to bring something that i asked for and she took her time to explain menú and the quality and quantity of the food for price is really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy, good foodluv2dineDined on 10/19/2014We took the family to Maggianos Sunday night for dinner. We enjoyed the family style portions. We all loved the mussels, veal Parmesan, chicken Marsala and the linguini with clams.. The service was excellent and we look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AtmospherAnniversaryCelebrationDined on 10/19/2014We celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary with our two teenage children. The food was AMAZING and the atmosphere was FUN. Our server, Tyler, went above and beyond, although he had two large parties, to make sure our evening was the best it could be! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great eveningswimgirla1Dined on 10/18/2014I appreciate being able to make a reservation. Thank you for allowing us to sit on the upper mezzanine, as requested. It made the evening special. The boxed leftovers were a treat the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great and the service outstanding. It was an enjoyable evening. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Will put on regular repeat listLove2eatDined on 10/18/2014Great food! Gluten free options. Great value with the eat an entrée, and take an entrée home menu.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian Restaurant!RachelDined on 10/18/2014This is our family's third time in this restaurant and we will never tire of coming back here. Food is outstanding!Special Features:
- Pricey vs. FoodPantherDined on 10/17/2014I was not impress with the food, but great service. I like valet parking and waitress was very nice. I am unsure, if I will return.
- good food very noiseyQTPIDined on 10/12/2014The noise level was horrible it ruined my dinner which was yummy. We ate quickly and left. I wanted to leave the comment for noise level blank put won't let me answer honestly there wasn't a choice for horrible !!!!! I would tell a friend that the food is good but the noise level is killer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodKittenDined on 10/11/2014The food here is excellent and you will not be disappointed at the amount of food you get. The prices are very reasonable , service was great. I'll be returning but I think this is a place for groups to get together because it is a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!RoxyDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service! Everyone in my party was first timers! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Date Night!ClassygalDined on 10/10/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a friday date night and it was pretty packed. Thankfully we had a reservation and waited less than 5 minutes (we overheard the hostess telling someone the wait was 1 1/2 hrs..YIKES). They honored our booth preference and it was really cozy and romantic. Wines by the glass are a little pricey but I recommend ordering the bigger portion if you want more than one glass. If you are looking to cut back on the heftly calories from most of the entrees, stick with the lighter option. I had the chicken picatta (lighter take) and it was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/10/2014We had the new lighter fare dishes and they were excellent. They need to rethink the bar area because it is too busy when you walk in. Overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Maggiano's was a great time, food was fantastic. Was a good choice for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceB1016Dined on 10/8/2014I took prospective clients to dinner - great food and very relaxing meeting. The noise level was a little high for a first-time meeting, but the service and food were both excellent.Special Features:
- DiamondheadDined on 10/7/2014We have eaten here on various occasions, and it is very reliable. Good food at reasonable prices--sometimes too much food! There was a misstep on this occasion, as my dish did not have the marinara sauce requested. As a result, my wife ate while I waited for the correct replacement dish to arrive. Other than that, things were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good ServiceDanGatorVIPDined on 10/7/2014Maggiano's always come through with consistently good food and service. Great for large partiessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisFDennisDined on 10/5/2014Server was very good. The chief was accommodating; agreed to substitute the red sauce in the fruti de mare for white clam. The dish was OK but bland and lacking. The calamari again very mediocre. My wife had the chicken parm, big portion but tasted like a frozen cutlet with a spoon of tomato sauce on it. Overall --OK not worthy of the price we paid. More on the level of a Spaghetti Warehouse, although some might say that SW is better?Special Features:
- Family OutingtampaeatsDined on 10/4/2014We were one of many groups our for a family celebration. Our table of six was one of the smaller parties, and this restaurant is completely prepared to accommodate various size groups. We had made a reservation, and I would always do that again in the future. We have another family birthday next month, and I hope we go back to Maggianos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.