Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (714) 546-9550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gilbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are excited to also offer full-service delivery/catering. Please call our delivery department directly at (714) 546-9555 for complete details. Please note that there is a $125 minimum purchase for this service and a ten mile delivery radius.
- Special Events: Please come by to discover our complete restaurant renovation. Our bar and dining areas are bigger and better.
A word from Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
Located at the South Coast Plaza in Coast Mesa, across the street from the Performing Arts Center and just minutes away from John Wayne Airport and several hotels, we are the ideal location for your family dinner, social gathering, or client meeting. Our 300 seat dining room is always buzzing with lots of people celebrating their love of good food and good times with family and friends, so reservations are highly recommended. Whether you join us to savor our Little Italy Italian faire from the a la carte menu or choose to enjoy our famous Family-Style Menu, your taste buds will not be disappointed. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
469 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (296)special occasion (259)fit for foodies (159)great for lunch (157)kid-friendly (117)romantic (111)neighborhood gem (107)hot spot (77)notable wine list (56)vibrant bar scene (51)great for brunch (43)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (24)scenic view (7)Show More
- Great ServiceKrAndRiDined on 11/16/2014As usual, our food was delicious, service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta, PastaMsLBLeeVIPDined on 11/16/2014Fantastic Pasta and wonderful garlic smells. Maggiano's is our top pick when in Costa Mesa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinoWinoDined on 11/16/2014We had a reservation through Open Table at 3:45 PM, but we were not seated until almost 4:30. The restaurant was extremely crowded! Service was acceptable, realizing how busy they were. We started out with one server and then shortly we were given a different server, who was not aware of what we ordered. All food that we ordered was unique and very flavorful. Veal picatta could have used a little more lemon and the fettucine could have been more al dente. Chicken ricotta mealballs were tender and moist and the pasta that accompanied it was al dente. Appetizer of gorgonzola cheese, roasted pear and crispy proscuitto on a bread round was incredible! We asked for a taste of the house wine, but did not select it. Overall, it was a good experience, if you were not in a hurry. Many guests were dining pre theater; we dined post theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationSCfanDined on 11/16/2014Our recent visit to Maggianos was to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. I must say that our visit was a home run! We were seated promptly, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding! We were even given some complimentary cookies to celebrate our special occasion! Thank you Maggianos for helping to make our day a special one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late dinning at MAGGIANOSMlm5150Dined on 11/15/2014The wait was horrible , late night dinning is not recommended. Our server and food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peak timeskevinDined on 11/15/2014We went on a saturday at 745. The hostess said that with out a reservation the wait was between 2 - 2.5 hours. That is crazy. So obviously this place was slamed. But even with a reservation we still had to wait 30minutes for a table. Not the best first impression. Whats the point of a reservation if its still that sort of wait? I was in fact in line to return my alert device and give up our table when it went offI would recommend this to a friend.
- vkaoDined on 11/15/2014Great place to eat before and after the show in Segerstrom centerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value! Food was excellent!SamTDined on 11/15/2014Great value Food was excellent. Service very attentive. Even though it was crowded, the attandendents were very curteous and efficient in handling the peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian ClassicWolfemamaDined on 11/14/2014Maggiano's has been around for years and years. They have done a lot to freshen up their image the last few months. They launched their "Lighter Fare" menu and I must say......OUTTA THIS WORLD! At times it is difficult to choose the Lighter version as you fear it will be less than the original. Not so here. I enjoyed my Lighter Fare Chicken Alfredo with asparagus. Light in texture, bold in flavor....still more than I could finish! And at over 1/2 the calories as the yummy original....I was feeling happy and satisfied. Maggianos is currently offering 6 pasta dishes that you can order 1 for dining in and then you choose one to take home. This is truly a deal. So much food and fun to have pasta two nights in a row or you can freeze for a later date. Good service. If you need to get to a movie or show just let your server know and they can hurry you along. I highly recommend reservations as we still had to wait 15 with a reservation. A very busy location located in South Coast Plaza's parking lot. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a positive experiencelvtoeatVIPDined on 11/14/2014Our dinner was fabulous. The restaurant is a VERY busy place and yet so fully organized. We ordered drinks while awaiting our table and we got called before drinks came and the server brought them immediately to our table. The butternut squash was to die for as well as the entire meal. THIS place is a winner. We have YET to have anything negative to say about our experiences other than the fact the place is always packed--so remember to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winstonDined on 11/14/2014Everthing was great from out wait time to our last bite of dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and TimelyPhantomCDined on 11/14/2014The first thing to note is that my reservation was for 5:30, and when we arrived there were about thirty people waiting with remotes to be seated. We arrived right at 5:30 and were seated immediately! A nice surprise! The food is always excellent at Magliano's and this visit proved no exception. Deliciously prepared and huge portions.... and yet it never felt like a "chain" restaurant. It had a nice, individually prepared quality that was refreshing. The place was quite busy, yet the service was attentive and quick. I had the tomato bisque (excellent) and the chicken parmesan, which I had to divide and bring home it was so large. I can easily recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good Italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggianos for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Went to Maggianos before a musical at Segerstrom Hall which is very convenient as you can walk to the theater. Food was OK, not great, but good. Service a little slow as we sat at the bar and had to flag our waiter a couple of times. Been here many times and like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceDateNightDined on 11/11/2014We were concerned because we had theater tickets and were seated more than 30 minutes after our reservation time. However, our waiter accommodated our needs and made sure we got out on time. Would have liked to have had a little more leisurely dinner, though.Special Features:
- Busy, successful restaurantMaggianosfanDined on 11/11/2014Maggiano's at 6:00-7:00 pm is extremely busy and while providing excellent meals and good service is not the place for a quiet dinner. Lest one suggest anyone should anticipate this condition, agreed but if you are having a pre-theater dinner you have little choice about time. We have had the most wonderful "late" lunch experiences here and recommend off-hours dining when possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family mealsTim5SanPedroDined on 11/9/2014Great service, food and restaurant Comfortable seats, good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014I made a reservation for 5 at 4:00pm...our table was ready and waiting even though the restaurant was very busy when we walked in. We were going to a show across the street, and it was wonderful that we got seated right away. We had no problem making it to the show on time.Special Features:
- Excellent menu!SandiBDined on 11/8/2014The menu choices are good for everyone. Those on a diet, vegetarian and even gluten free! Delicious and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Never DisappointsLindaFDined on 11/8/2014Four of us went to dinner here before a concert at the Segerstrom Center. I noted on the reservation that we needed to be on our way by 7:00 PM. Our waitress was prompt, courteous and made numerous excellent suggestions. We were all pleased and we made it to the concert with time to spare.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Dinner at Maggiano's was absolutely amazing! We had such a fine time dining and look forward to another return visit. Thank you to the staff for all their good service and excellent customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano'sraybirdDined on 11/7/2014Reasonably priced food but somewhat high priced on standard house wine. Liked the ability to take a pasta home in addition to having it there as our meal
- Great LunchdissappointedDined on 11/7/2014After avoiding this restaurant for some time due to a bad experience, we were pleasantly surprised with Food and service. They were both excellent. With the exception of the desert. We have always had a apple crostada. This time however it was so doughhy very unlike their usual excellent quality. Very open and hot. This time it was almost closed on top and barely warm.Special Features:
- Excellant serviceRonnieAidanDined on 11/2/2014Food was outstanding, Wine was delicious. Celebrated our Anniversary and was treated with a warm sweet surprise. Waiter was not too friendly and was sarcastic when I asked about the sauce. He charged my child for a drink and adult salad, he was not too nice about why our childs items were overpriced, so we called for a manager to correct. Not a problem, Han the manager apologized for the error and made the correction. Other than that everything was fantastic!!Special Features:
- Jessica's reviewJessF1Dined on 11/2/2014I have been going here for years. Every visit has always been a great experience. The food is always guaranteed fresh, prepared perfectly. There's a wide varity of items to chooose from and the portions are always generous. We love to order Family Style with our large groups or enjoy the Pasta order and appreciate the separate pasta dish to go. The dessert selection is sure to please any appetitle and the friendly staff has always made each experience a pleasant one while being very attentive. The ambiance is very nice, and classic Italian. Makes you feel like you"re in little Italy. The seating is perfect and not so crowded and always clean and well maintained. Kid friendly & highly recommend Maggiano's! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was terribleFloppedDined on 11/1/2014Experience was terrible, especially ir was a birthday dinner. the food was warm like it has been sitting out for awhile. She forgot part of the order. Forgot to get our drinks. And forgot to include the food to go. and to make maters worst she did not really apologize just responded with some fake smile. Overall this waitress did not represent the restraunt well. This is the first time experiencing this at Maggiano's. we have bene here several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday funtsjosephDined on 11/1/2014Great food and wonderful service! The open table reservation got us a nice table for our group. I recommend getting the Moms Lasagne and then you'll also get another meal to bring home for free.Special Features:
- eatmeDined on 10/28/2014Good food, great portions, excellent service, reasonably priced. Would take family to this restaurant. Enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Great ServicesusanmfccDined on 10/25/2014Six of us dined at Maggiano's last Saturday night. The menu is extensive and varied. They offer many "lighter options", e.g., the same meal prepared slightly differently and having 50% fewer calories than the full calorie options. Two of my companions had spaghetti and meatballs and lasagna. They both declared these dishes to be some of the best pasta they had ever eaten. The service was very attentive and responsive to our requests. The prices are moderate and the portions are substantial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionSnugglesDined on 10/22/2014Enjoyed spending my 20th Anniversary at Maggianos. The food is always superb! Also making my online reservation was the best thing my husband did for us. Our table was ready as soon as we arrived!Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Maggiano's is my go-to hot spot for business lunches/dinners to family events! This will quickly become your favorite Italiano restaurante'.Special Features:
- love this placeluv2eatDined on 10/19/2014I always love eating at this location as they have the best service. This past experience was a bit disappointing as we were seating in the first booth just past the entryway from the hostess station. Our waiter was very nice but then had a large group he had to take care of and it seemed as though we were forgotten. Had to ask him and the helpers several times for bread and then several times to refill our water. Usually the service here is impeccable and I never have to ask for my water to be refilled. Although I understand that the waiter was busy, it seems that this particular booth gets "forgotten" because it isn't in the pathway of the other tables. Was a bit disappointed but it is still one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must go tolovethisplaceDined on 10/18/2014Maggiano's is incredible! The food is outstanding. The service was the best, our waitress was very attentive. An overall 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Does It Again!CharVIPDined on 10/18/2014Maggiano's has such a vast variety of offerings and it's always hard to pick what to have. Everything is always delicious. We picked the Chef's Choice since we had 8 people. Crab cakes and lobster carbonara were outstanding as well as salmon and calamari. The Maggiano's salad has just the right balance of tastes and tiramisu is my favorite. Everyone had a great time and we enjoyed each and every dish. When will you have a restaurant in San Gabriel Valley?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elenaDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous, as always! The "light take" menu is a great update and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhyGrrrrrrreatDined on 10/17/2014Why is it possible for me to make reservations for Maggiano's and you do not give points ?????????????Special Features:
- CyberronVIPDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy our visits to Maggiano's. The ambience and surroundings are on a par with the excellent food. We had drinks in the bar prior to dinner and found the sausage flatbread to be excellent. For Chicagoans to find tasty Italian sausage in California is rare.Special Features:
- A Good ChoiceAtudeDined on 10/16/2014A good choice for dinner. Veal was a little grizzly; otherwise food was very tasty. Great service and, although very full,the noise level was pleasant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our little group of 3 thoroughly enjoyed our dinner -- food for Italianites as well as those who prefer American food. Perfect location for pre-theatre experience at Segerstrom Center without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Ups and DownsChristianeDined on 10/16/2014It was a farewell lunch for a friend. The pear gorgonzola crostini was tasty but expensive at $12.50 for 5 bites. The butternut squash ravioli was excellent, but the pork cutlet special was horrible. All I tasted was apple cider vinegar! I'm not sure if it was from the brussel sprouts slaw which was oddly half cooked/half raw, or the granny smith apples. I barely tasted the balsamic. I had to tilt the plate to drain the sauce from the cutlets since I couldn't taste the pork at all & cringed at every bite due to the sourness. It was a very poorly executed dish. Faraz? needs more training. He disappeared w/my credit card & cash for a long time only to bring the card back w/the original bill minus the cash & no charge slip. Sloppy!Special Features:
- Great ServicejhanaheimDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant consistently has wonderful service, even when very busy. The food is great and the cheesecake is the best around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.