Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 7145469550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gilbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are excited to also offer full-service delivery/catering. Please call our delivery department directly at (714) 546-9555 for complete details. Please note that there is a $125 minimum purchase for this service and a ten mile delivery radius.
- Special Events: Please come by to discover our complete restaurant renovation. Our bar and dining areas are bigger and better.
A word from Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
Located at the South Coast Plaza in Coast Mesa, across the street from the Performing Arts Center and just minutes away from John Wayne Airport and several hotels, we are the ideal location for your family dinner, social gathering, or client meeting. Our 300 seat dining room is always buzzing with lots of people celebrating their love of good food and good times with family and friends, so reservations are highly recommended. Whether you join us to savor our Little Italy Italian faire from the a la carte menu or choose to enjoy our famous Family-Style Menu, your taste buds will not be disappointed. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
547 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (331)good for groups (324)great for lunch (202)fit for foodies (159)romantic (136)kid-friendly (132)neighborhood gem (130)great for brunch (71)hot spot (66)notable wine list (53)vibrant bar scene (51)great for outdoor dining (50)late-night find (27)scenic view (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014good food at great price.Will recommend to go there for pastas and salads. Service is great.Special Features:
- Great But....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, service was excellent, 5 stars. But there was a significant problem.....the restaurant was uncomfortably hot. Everyone at our table was feeling the same, we asked them to turn on the a/c and they said it was already cranked. This is the 2nd time I've been to this restaurant and had this exact same problem. They need to fix this!! I probably won't go back for a quite a while just for this reason. The restaurant must be fully aware of the problem yet hasn't corrected it. That says to me they don't care, it probably costs money to fix and they'd rather just pretend it's an isolated incident each time someone complains rather than spend the money to fix it. That's my impression at this point.
- Great Birthday lunchFlowerfairy7Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great time at Maggianos. I planned a small birthday lunch for my 2 sisters, but it soon went from 4 to 10 folks! No problem. I called the restaurant and they had a lovely table for all of us and told us that we should order family style. Being that it was lunch we picked the light option and for approx $20. per person + drinks it was plentiful. Great appetizers and pasta and they bring crusty bread to enjoy with oil and Balsamic. They will keep bringing plates of the appetizers and salad but we were soon stuffed. We chose the Rigatoni D and Moms Lasagne as our Pasta course and both were excellent , they gave us a plate of the Fried Zucchini with aoli sauce and the table gobbled it down. Our server Justin was awesome Too!Special Features:
- Tasty SpecialsSushiSpiceDined on 9/12/2014After flying into John Wayne airport on a Friday evening, we decided to jump off the freeway to come to Maggiano's and wait till the traffic died down. So happy we did that. Their spaghetti sauce is simply tasty...and the buy one and take one home never got seen by us because our kids ate them! Would definitely come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was so-soChristianeDined on 9/12/2014We went to the Guest Appreciation Night & then followed up w/ our 20th anniversary dinner. We ordered the lighter fare sausage ziti & chicken alfredo dishes, which were good. The grilled chicken entree looked the most appetizing with green beans perfectly blanched & garlic mashed potatoes w/gravy on the side. The most disappointing was the sausage & orzo soup which usually is quite wonderful, but it tasted so salty that I couldn't taste anything. Perhaps it boiled down too much during the day? The waitress w/red flower in her hair also didn't give me anniversary cookies until I had to ask for them; she blamed the check-in booth for not notifying her, but why? She took the certificate that stated happy anniversary...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Light FareGrrrrrrreatDined on 9/12/2014Went to try the new Light Fare and enjoyed my meal very much. Tasty and did not leave feeling over fed, yet portion was generous.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSoniaInNewportDined on 9/8/2014The service was wonderful and our server was great! We all took part in the double meals. You eat one now and you get one to take home with you! We will DEFINITELY be back again! Thank goodness for the "Lighter Side!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Maggiano's was an excellent place to go and have dinner. The food was delicious. The service was great I would go to that restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappointsTurtlestepsDined on 9/7/2014Had the crab cannelloni. I don't usually get items with the rich Alfredo sauce, but I'm glad I made an exception. These were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DerekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Good food but nothing out of the ordinary. Nice romantic dinner with good overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!HuskerDanoDined on 9/6/2014Went there last Saturday night. The food was great. Service was great. Ambiance was great. Love me some Maggianos!!Special Features:
- Perfect Dining ExperienceGlennepiDined on 9/6/2014We sat in the bar before our reservation and found the staff to be friendly and engaging. Our reservation was prompt and the dinner that followed was nothing short of excellent. The entire dining experience was a pleasure for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent as usual! All menu items are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLuv2dineDined on 9/5/2014The look of the place is wonderful it places you another time & place. The food is done perfectly & the service is first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!LuvinMaggianosDined on 9/4/2014My friend and I have made Maggiano's our "go to" spot for Saturday lunches, once a month. With my mom retiring, we wanted to give her a very special dinner. So for this evening, we did the Family Style dining which was perfect! Our waiter, Rick, is a professional waiter, and it shows. His attention to every detail was spot on. My mom throughly enjoyed the evening, full of friends, laughter, and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just "eh"JustinClark1023Dined on 9/1/2014I've been to maggianos several times over the years, and each time I go, the service is worse than before. This last time, the service was incredibly slow. I finished my water before the server even came over to greet me. We order an appetizer and drinks, I finished my appetizer before my iced tea even got to the table. Then we received our main course. We were about 90% with our food before the server stopped by to see if it was alright. Overall, it was a very lackluster experience. Don't think I'll return to this location.Special Features:
- Always leave here full!DinahMayDined on 9/1/2014We've been here before, but never for lunch. The restaurant wasn't terribly busy (as it typically is at night) at 2PM on a Sunday, but it was the perfect Sunday meal with family. You cannot beat the classic pasta deal of 'select 2', choose one for your meal and one to take home for later. We sat in the bar area of the restaurant and Greg was our waiter - service was spot on. We had mozzarella marinara, Caesar salad, lasagna, cheese ravioli and the Nona's pound cake. We left full and happy, feeling we'd really gotten our money's worth!Special Features:
- Magical Maggiano'shangtoeatDined on 8/31/2014Salty, huge portions, nice, normal, chubby waitresses and waiters..and rooms full of well groomed people enjoying italian food made american way. I noticed that the restaurant treats both white and nonwhites in the same manner. A rare but needed trait. I would think about the magic of magianno's when I plan for fine Italian dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but great foodBillandChristyDined on 8/31/2014Maggiano's is always crowded and noisy, but that is because the food is so great. Most tables are full of 6 or more people and there is lots of talking. People stay 2-3 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian fast foodLindaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Have niot been there in years - very disappointed. Do not go there for fine Italian food, it is like Italian fast food.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Service and food was great as always. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theater dininggreatexpectationsDined on 8/30/2014Dependably good food, staff friendly, well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family gatheringCTX99Dined on 8/29/2014Been to Magiano many times and it never disappoints. Food is always good and plentiful and service is friendly. Great if you have a large group and they don't mind sharing food, go family style and share, it's the only way to go here. I've been here for business dinners as well but I think it's more suited for friends and family gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food choices and tasting!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Perfect service. Our favorite Italian Resturant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The food at Maggianos is always great. The flatbread pizza and Maggianos salad are my go-to items and their Taylor Street Baked Ziti is the best! It is also one of their classic pastas that you buy one, take one home free - sweet deal! This particular visit the hostess who sat us was particularly rude. She took us to the very back table by the service area although there were any number of tables available. When we asked about them, she said they were all reserved. I told her we also had a reservation, made well in advance. She then sat us at the 2nd to the last table, a square top, which only our busboy informed us could be opened to accomodate all of us on a round table. Our service otherwise was very good. Bad start!Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodDined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed that the food wasn't as good as I remember, service wasn't that great either....they weren't very friendly
- Not bad.CheezwizDined on 8/26/2014The food was pretty good, but just acceptable at this price level. Very loud restaurant. Hard to hold a conversation with a large group. The service as good but there were missteps. This is not a surprises as they were full with a huge number of people waiting.
- Celebrating our Anniversary21YearsTogetherDined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was fantastic start to finish. Maggiano's salad is my wife's favorite. We ordered veal parmesan, spaghetti and meatballs plus fettucini alfredo. Creme brûlée was perfectly divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggianos ExperienceymyumDined on 8/24/2014Unable to have dinner there as we were unable to get close enough to the hostess to even check in for our reservation. The MOB surrounded the entrance through the door and through out the lobby area. It was very disappointing so we left and had dinner elsewhere. Under recommendations, I checked "hot spot" because the system would not allow me to submit without a rating. Actually, I would not recommend it and the other ratings are not accurate either, because my party and I were unable to dine at this establishment at all.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodguruDined on 8/24/2014Great food, great place, good times!Came to dinner with some friends to say one last goodbye before going off to college! I love coming to Maggianos because you always know that they will give great service. Love that all of the staff members always great you with a smile and provide such a welcoming experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodShellyinHBDined on 8/24/2014The food here is so flavorful and tasty. The salads are something I will stop in for and take home. I always find something new that I love. I have so many favorites here that it is hard to pick which one I want when dining. I want a little bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Spot.DateNightFunDined on 8/24/2014Maggianos is a great spot and the food is amazing. This is a great place for dinner before or after a show at the performing arts center. Service is so helpful and the food melts in your mouth, big portions could even share. Chicken vparm was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!MJReviewsDined on 8/24/2014We had a great dinning experience. Our server Scott was very kind and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKlovedinningoutDined on 8/23/2014It was my first time dinning in this restaurant and really disappointed. Firstly, as soon as I walked in the door, the messy crowd made me think that this is not a pleasant place to have dinner. Secondly, food was ok and service is ok. Lastly, all I can sum up is it is not a dinning experience and this is one of those restaurant that you are not sure that you will come backSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantAggieManda10Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Maggiano's several times and have a great experience every time. The food and service are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :(SantaAnaMomDined on 8/23/2014I love Maggiano's but this experience left me very disappointed!! I had the fettucini alfredo and it was SO dry. I had 3 large clumps of undercooked noodles in my bowl as well. The manager switched them out and apologized but the waiter never acknowledged the issue and I sat with out a beverage on more than one occasion.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerTim5SanPedroDined on 8/23/2014This was our Second time at magianos. My wife and I first went in June by chance and really enjoyed the service, food and ambience. All of the servers are very friendly. My wife wanted to go back for her birthday and everything was great again. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealHurricaneDined on 8/23/2014When I visit a friend in Santa Ana, we always try for Maggiano's. Sometimes, it is unbelievably crowded, but it's well worth the wait. The food is great and the service was right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNanaeatsDined on 8/22/2014My family took me to Maggianos for my birthday and we all enjoyed it. My husband really liked being able to take another entree home so he thought it was a great deal. Everyone cleaned their plates except me but I took my leftovers home so I have a wonderful lunch waiting for me. We all said we would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Maggiano's can always be counted on to deliver good food at good prices.Special Features: