Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 7145469550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gilbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are excited to also offer full-service delivery/catering. Please call our delivery department directly at (714) 546-9555 for complete details. Please note that there is a $125 minimum purchase for this service and a ten mile delivery radius.
- Special Events: Please come by to discover our complete restaurant renovation. Our bar and dining areas are bigger and better.
A word from Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
Located at the South Coast Plaza in Coast Mesa, across the street from the Performing Arts Center and just minutes away from John Wayne Airport and several hotels, we are the ideal location for your family dinner, social gathering, or client meeting. Our 300 seat dining room is always buzzing with lots of people celebrating their love of good food and good times with family and friends, so reservations are highly recommended. Whether you join us to savor our Little Italy Italian faire from the a la carte menu or choose to enjoy our famous Family-Style Menu, your taste buds will not be disappointed. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
510 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (311)special occasion (292)great for lunch (186)fit for foodies (162)kid-friendly (121)neighborhood gem (118)romantic (117)hot spot (74)vibrant bar scene (56)notable wine list (56)great for brunch (53)great for outdoor dining (40)late-night find (25)scenic view (5)Show More
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I always love eating at this location as they have the best service. This past experience was a bit disappointing as we were seating in the first booth just past the entryway from the hostess station. Our waiter was very nice but then had a large group he had to take care of and it seemed as though we were forgotten. Had to ask him and the helpers several times for bread and then several times to refill our water. Usually the service here is impeccable and I never have to ask for my water to be refilled. Although I understand that the waiter was busy, it seems that this particular booth gets "forgotten" because it isn't in the pathway of the other tables. Was a bit disappointed but it is still one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must go toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Maggiano's is incredible! The food is outstanding. The service was the best, our waitress was very attentive. An overall 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Does It Again!CharVIPDined on 10/18/2014Maggiano's has such a vast variety of offerings and it's always hard to pick what to have. Everything is always delicious. We picked the Chef's Choice since we had 8 people. Crab cakes and lobster carbonara were outstanding as well as salmon and calamari. The Maggiano's salad has just the right balance of tastes and tiramisu is my favorite. Everyone had a great time and we enjoyed each and every dish. When will you have a restaurant in San Gabriel Valley?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elenaDined on 10/18/2014Fabulous, as always! The "light take" menu is a great update and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhyGrrrrrrreatDined on 10/17/2014Why is it possible for me to make reservations for Maggiano's and you do not give points ?????????????Special Features:
- CyberronVIPDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy our visits to Maggiano's. The ambience and surroundings are on a par with the excellent food. We had drinks in the bar prior to dinner and found the sausage flatbread to be excellent. For Chicagoans to find tasty Italian sausage in California is rare.Special Features:
- A Good ChoiceAtudeDined on 10/16/2014A good choice for dinner. Veal was a little grizzly; otherwise food was very tasty. Great service and, although very full,the noise level was pleasant.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our little group of 3 thoroughly enjoyed our dinner -- food for Italianites as well as those who prefer American food. Perfect location for pre-theatre experience at Segerstrom Center without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Great ServicejhanaheimDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant consistently has wonderful service, even when very busy. The food is great and the cheesecake is the best around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's is Great!CharVIPDined on 10/12/2014Maggiano's never fails to be a great place to eat. We brought friends that had never been to Maggiano's and they were amazed at the huge variety of food and the quality. We went for the Chef's Choice and everything was delicious, as usual. We loved every dish and couldn't decide what was the best. We were celebrating 2 birthdays and loved our lemon cookies with our candles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.CS1990Dined on 10/12/2014I first visited this restaurant over a year ago and was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the dining experience. I have been coming back ever since every time I am in the area because of how much I love the food, the ambience, and the service. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Excellent service!MrsdyDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit and it was a Saturday lunch. We were promptly seated and from the moment we met Erica our server, it was a great experience. She was friendly, knowledgeable, and anticipated what we needed at every turn. A very personable young woman who spoke highly of her employer and the staff she has the pleasure to work with. Food was great, plentiful and we were stunned to each take entrees home for the next day----for free! We enjoyed the lasagna and their fried zucchini is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceR111111Dined on 10/10/2014Our server was incredible, not over the top, but very good. Dinner was for a birthday.Special Features:
- PLACE TO YOU WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014You can't beat Maggiano's 'all you can eat' or eat 1/take 1 home menus. The food and service are also wonderful. This is a great place to come with a group, too. Just make sure you make a reservation especially on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodnmh7Dined on 10/10/2014I love the food at Maggiano's, especially the lasagne. And with certain dishes you get a second meal to take home. The service is great. If you are looking for a romantic dinner, however, you need to look elsewhere. The noise level is so high you can barely hold a convrsationSpecial Features:
- Service!ScottGeeDined on 10/9/2014The food is always good. as is the service. However this time the service was a magnitude better than the usual efficiency provided.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014my two friends and I have celebrated our birthdays and Christmas , every year for the last 7 years. always great fun.... thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentJudithDined on 10/7/2014Food and service at Maggiano's are consistently excellent. We love their offer allowing you to order one entrée and take another home at no extra charge. The noise level is "energetic", but doesn't disallow conversation. The wait staff members are very accommodating and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice serviceTinmanDined on 10/6/2014We had a small family reunion and wanted to spend time catching up. Our server, Kelsey, was very accommodating as we spent 4-1/2 hours in the restaurant enjoying a very leisurely lunch. The food was good and well presented but the service was exceptionally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!OCDINERVIPDined on 10/5/2014Maggiano's never disappoints! Great food, great prices, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Our party of five found the food to be delicious and the service outstanding. However, the noise level was much too high. Conversation was almost impossible. For people who have hearing difficulties, two of us, it left a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceBrewskyDined on 10/4/2014Great energy, service was excellent and food was good for such a large kitchen which appears to be run very efficiently. Took home more food than we consumed at dinner, great for family style eating.Special Features:
- Nice Place to Take MomcreeksideDined on 10/4/2014Took my mom out to dinner. She doesn't get out to restaurants much anymore. Maggiano's always has outstanding food and service, worthy of a visit by Mom. They didn't disappoint!Special Features:
- Where we land!hungrygirlsDined on 9/30/2014My partner travels back and forth from Brussels to US and everytime she comes home, from the airport we stop here for our dinner! We like coming at the off-times when the place has not yet filled up. A nice quiet romantic dinner! Ordinarily, this place rocks! Not a complaint, just an observation!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Maggiano's is a busy restaurant but, the service is great, the food is always hot and tasty.Special Features:
- So so..caytreDined on 9/28/2014The food is ok, but prices are high ($150 for 3). We could get better service, better food for that price. The noise level was unbearable.Special Features:
- Stick to the BasicsBillyBracioleDined on 9/27/2014It's best to stick to the basic pasts and marinara dishes at Maggiano's. Although the prices on the non-standard items are comparable to more upscale restaurants, the quality on those dishes doesn't measure up. Shrimp Scampi, for example, a standard Italian crowd-pleaser is abysmal: soggy, soupy Angel Hair pasta topped with spongy pale no-tail small shrimp that have neither grilled nor broiled -- sitting atop the limp pasta. The classic pastas are GREAT -- won't find a better lasagne anywhere. The signature Rigatoni D is great. Stick to the basics and you'll be fine.Special Features:
- Convenient and TastyLizzieDined on 9/27/2014This is a good location for dining prior to performances at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Definitely make reservations at this restaurant -- very busy place with many customers waiting. We had reservations and were immediately shown to our booth which we requested. The service was outstanding. The food is tasty and moderately priced. We made a 5:45 reservation with our performance time at 8:00 p.m. It was exactly the right amount of time. We had appetizers, entrees, dessert and coffee. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Always reliable and good selectionljsimpsonDined on 9/27/2014Hernan was our server, and he was exceptionally energetic and friendly. Their new lighter calorie dishes were excellent. We go to plays, and it is our go to place especially before and after performances.Special Features:
- coldmmluvtoeatDined on 9/27/2014Started out with mushrooms they were horrible so cold sent them back twice our dinners were just as cold all of them had great service just not up to our expectations sorry we will give it one more try
- Stop dimming the lightsSrslyDined on 9/26/2014They keep dimming the lights way too much throughout the dinner in the end it was hard to tell what I was even eating. I doubt it was great on the eyesight either.Special Features:
- Great value!BongoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Maggianos has a bustling, fun and lively atmosphere. They have many items to choose from, always easy to find something yummy. The portions are very generous and the buy one pasta, take one home is a great deal! A great go to restaurant prior to or after going to the the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner - part 2ChristianeDined on 9/26/2014Since I had won a prize at the Guest Appreciation Night, my family had dinner at the restaurant again. I had reservations, but was a minute late. The very tall blonde straight hair hostess was a bit rude and glowered when I informed her of my reservation and prize, but the petite brunette with long curls and glasses quickly took over and handed me a pager. We were eventually seated and our waiter, Ricardo, made a huge improvement on the evening's mood. He retrieved a manager to help with the prize and also brought us extra lemon cookies when we told him about our anniversary. What a massive improvement in customer service since the last dinner with Wendy, waitress. The classic shrimp fra diavolo was delicious!Special Features:
- New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The new "lite" plate was not 'all that', you DONT do that to pasta.. Live & learnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, exciting & good eatsAgainDined on 9/21/2014Excellant place to get large groups together for great food and an energetic experience. Maggiano's service personnel works well as a unit but the primary serverer could have been a little "happier". Good advice as to "what to eat and the differences on the menu for like items.". Still would go again as over experience was very solid and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isabella Catsl8s3g2Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed the warm atmosphere of the restaurant, great service, and, as always abundant, delicious food.Special Features:
- Service will a little slow...Show101Dined on 9/20/2014But dont let that deter you. this place is always REALLY busy, and there is a good reason, the food is excelent. the only reason i marked it down was becase it did take awhile to get drinks deliverd, and it took about 15+ min to get desert after we ordered, but again, they were really busy. ALWAYS... and i cant stress this enough. ALWAYS get a reservation. They do accept walk-ups, but you could be waiting until the end of time to get a table. Open Table just makes it that much easier.Special Features:
- Basic ItalianCindyDined on 9/20/2014Maggiano's is a basic family Italian restaurant. The food is well prepared and the service is satisfactory. The noise level, however, is quite high and it is difficult to hear your table mates. The restaurant is crowded; tables are packed quite close together. It is not a venue for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why is this restaurant so popular?IKnowGoodFoodDined on 9/20/2014Crazy crowded and restaurant guests literally trying to crawl over us to get to the host stand, we had reservations and were seated promptly, the ladies at the desk were professional and lovely. The table was great the service was not. We ordered cocktails, a few minutes later the waiter took our order, appetizer Calimari, chopped salads, I ordered Chicken Parmesan, my husband had Moms Lasagna. 20 minutes later the Calimari was delivered, then not two minutes later a server was trying to set down the salads, yet I still hadn't gotten my damn cocktail! We sent the salads back. It was a rushed horrible experience. Food was mediocre at best. We won't be back.
- Great food as usual8thnoteVIPDined on 9/20/2014Haven't been there on a Saturday in a while so I wasn't used to the noise level. Everything was prepared perfectly and served promptly. We appreciate consistency.