Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 7145469550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gilbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are excited to also offer full-service delivery/catering. Please call our delivery department directly at (714) 546-9555 for complete details. Please note that there is a $125 minimum purchase for this service and a ten mile delivery radius.
- Special Events: Please come by to discover our complete restaurant renovation. Our bar and dining areas are bigger and better.
A word from Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza
Located at the South Coast Plaza in Coast Mesa, across the street from the Performing Arts Center and just minutes away from John Wayne Airport and several hotels, we are the ideal location for your family dinner, social gathering, or client meeting. Our 300 seat dining room is always buzzing with lots of people celebrating their love of good food and good times with family and friends, so reservations are highly recommended. Whether you join us to savor our Little Italy Italian faire from the a la carte menu or choose to enjoy our famous Family-Style Menu, your taste buds will not be disappointed. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Maggiano's - South Coast Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
570 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (338)good for groups (334)great for lunch (217)fit for foodies (161)kid-friendly (136)romantic (133)neighborhood gem (130)great for brunch (76)hot spot (66)great for outdoor dining (56)notable wine list (55)vibrant bar scene (51)late-night find (27)scenic view (7)Show More
- Magical Maggiano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Salty, huge portions, nice, normal, chubby waitresses and waiters..and rooms full of well groomed people enjoying italian food made american way. I noticed that the restaurant treats both white and nonwhites in the same manner. A rare but needed trait. I would think about the magic of magianno's when I plan for fine Italian dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but great foodBillandChristyDined on 8/31/2014Maggiano's is always crowded and noisy, but that is because the food is so great. Most tables are full of 6 or more people and there is lots of talking. People stay 2-3 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian fast foodLindaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Have niot been there in years - very disappointed. Do not go there for fine Italian food, it is like Italian fast food.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Service and food was great as always. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Dependably good food, staff friendly, well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family gatheringCTX99Dined on 8/29/2014Been to Magiano many times and it never disappoints. Food is always good and plentiful and service is friendly. Great if you have a large group and they don't mind sharing food, go family style and share, it's the only way to go here. I've been here for business dinners as well but I think it's more suited for friends and family gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food choices and tasting!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Perfect service. Our favorite Italian Resturant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The food at Maggianos is always great. The flatbread pizza and Maggianos salad are my go-to items and their Taylor Street Baked Ziti is the best! It is also one of their classic pastas that you buy one, take one home free - sweet deal! This particular visit the hostess who sat us was particularly rude. She took us to the very back table by the service area although there were any number of tables available. When we asked about them, she said they were all reserved. I told her we also had a reservation, made well in advance. She then sat us at the 2nd to the last table, a square top, which only our busboy informed us could be opened to accomodate all of us on a round table. Our service otherwise was very good. Bad start!Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodDined on 8/27/2014I was disappointed that the food wasn't as good as I remember, service wasn't that great either....they weren't very friendly
- Not bad.CheezwizDined on 8/26/2014The food was pretty good, but just acceptable at this price level. Very loud restaurant. Hard to hold a conversation with a large group. The service as good but there were missteps. This is not a surprises as they were full with a huge number of people waiting.
- Celebrating our Anniversary21YearsTogetherDined on 8/25/2014Our dinner was fantastic start to finish. Maggiano's salad is my wife's favorite. We ordered veal parmesan, spaghetti and meatballs plus fettucini alfredo. Creme brûlée was perfectly divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggianos ExperienceymyumDined on 8/24/2014Unable to have dinner there as we were unable to get close enough to the hostess to even check in for our reservation. The MOB surrounded the entrance through the door and through out the lobby area. It was very disappointing so we left and had dinner elsewhere. Under recommendations, I checked "hot spot" because the system would not allow me to submit without a rating. Actually, I would not recommend it and the other ratings are not accurate either, because my party and I were unable to dine at this establishment at all.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodguruDined on 8/24/2014Great food, great place, good times!Came to dinner with some friends to say one last goodbye before going off to college! I love coming to Maggianos because you always know that they will give great service. Love that all of the staff members always great you with a smile and provide such a welcoming experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodShellyinHBDined on 8/24/2014The food here is so flavorful and tasty. The salads are something I will stop in for and take home. I always find something new that I love. I have so many favorites here that it is hard to pick which one I want when dining. I want a little bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Spot.DateNightFunDined on 8/24/2014Maggianos is a great spot and the food is amazing. This is a great place for dinner before or after a show at the performing arts center. Service is so helpful and the food melts in your mouth, big portions could even share. Chicken vparm was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!MJReviewsDined on 8/24/2014We had a great dinning experience. Our server Scott was very kind and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKlovedinningoutDined on 8/23/2014It was my first time dinning in this restaurant and really disappointed. Firstly, as soon as I walked in the door, the messy crowd made me think that this is not a pleasant place to have dinner. Secondly, food was ok and service is ok. Lastly, all I can sum up is it is not a dinning experience and this is one of those restaurant that you are not sure that you will come backSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantAggieManda10Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Maggiano's several times and have a great experience every time. The food and service are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :(SantaAnaMomDined on 8/23/2014I love Maggiano's but this experience left me very disappointed!! I had the fettucini alfredo and it was SO dry. I had 3 large clumps of undercooked noodles in my bowl as well. The manager switched them out and apologized but the waiter never acknowledged the issue and I sat with out a beverage on more than one occasion.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerTim5SanPedroDined on 8/23/2014This was our Second time at magianos. My wife and I first went in June by chance and really enjoyed the service, food and ambience. All of the servers are very friendly. My wife wanted to go back for her birthday and everything was great again. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealHurricaneDined on 8/23/2014When I visit a friend in Santa Ana, we always try for Maggiano's. Sometimes, it is unbelievably crowded, but it's well worth the wait. The food is great and the service was right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNanaeatsDined on 8/22/2014My family took me to Maggianos for my birthday and we all enjoyed it. My husband really liked being able to take another entree home so he thought it was a great deal. Everyone cleaned their plates except me but I took my leftovers home so I have a wonderful lunch waiting for me. We all said we would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Maggiano's can always be counted on to deliver good food at good prices.Special Features:
- Deliciously happy dining.LizbethDined on 8/22/2014A lovely lunch of four friends was delightful because of the friendly ambiance created by all staff. From the greetings to the seating to the food, everything was attentive and thoughtful. Our Waiter, Ulysses, was informative, conversational and helpful. Danny sang to our birthday celebrant. And the lunch choices with a full portion additional to take home were a very fine value… and another whole meal. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosa MontezIamASUndevilDined on 8/21/2014awesome food and atmosphere. Served dinner style. Reasonably priced for the quantity and quality of food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel is the bestJustBobVIPDined on 8/19/2014Ask. For Daniel a fantastic waiter. You like the food tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Board Member (Non-Profits) in areaRonJDined on 8/18/2014Conversing while dining with a friend was difficult (sat opposite one another). The booth was nice, but a family was sitting next to us on a round table on the floor. . . .The young child was crying, etc. Might of been better to put them adjacent to another family or so with youngsters in another family friendly area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe our server was new?...mrslassDined on 8/17/2014My friends and I visited Maggiano's for my birthday! We loved the food! I am also a big fan off all the space available at this location for large groups. The only complaint I have is that our server spilled on two people in our party. One guest got a splash of Alfredo sauce on their clothes and then at the end of the meal when our check was dropped off, half a glass of prosecco was knocked into a lap.Special Features:
- Marco's Meal for TwoFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Maggiano's service and food are the best. Marco's Meal for Two includes salads for each person, two pastas each-one to eat and one for home, and a shared dessert. You can't beat this deal. Not only is it an incredible value, but it is very delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014servce was below averge,but it is a great place for a family dinner..It took a long time for drinks.when it took a long time for appetizers.then we had know plate for our food (appetizers).there were 9 people.We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for the familyKevinDined on 8/16/2014Took the family to Maggiano's, great food and service, will visit again in the future.Special Features:
- ExcellentFergieDined on 8/16/2014Excellent place. I continue to recommend this place to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencelagunalindaDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I had dinner at Maggiano's recently on a busy Saturday night as we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on our way to the Orange County Performing Arts center. We had a reservation (which is a must) and were greeted warmly and seated in a lovely booth promptly. The food was excellent and the service superb! There was no shortage of help. My husband had the lasagna, and he said it was the best he's ever had. I enjoyed my egg plant parmesean as well. We had Tiramisu for dessert which was to die for. This was our first time to dine here, and we will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Shim was our server and he was patient and attentive to our party of 10. Food was excellent and came out quickly. It was a great way to celebrate my parent's 45th anniversary.Special Features:
- OutstandingKalpVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always good food and great service. I have all my special occassion dinners at Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueB1017Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was delicious and our server was the best. He was attentive without being annoying. We also had a couple of deserts which were very affordable (one being an individual tiramisu). We would definitely go back if we're in the area.Special Features:
- good fooddinnertimeDined on 8/15/2014The taste of the food at Maggiano's it’s most excellent and a great place for lunch or dinner. I’ve gone a couple of times and each time I’ve tried different plates and all I can say “I can’t wait to go back and try another excellent plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceIspanDined on 8/15/2014My family and I love coming to Maggiano's as a group for yummy pasta at a good price and also visit yearly to celebrate our anniversary, but this time the experience was even better than usual. Right off the bat our waitress was personable, warm, and friendly. At the end of the evening we attempted to order food to take home to our babysitters, unknowingly mixing the restaurant and Carry-Out menus/deals in a conflicting way. Instead of turning down our order and asking us to make new choices, she and the bus boy went out of their way to work around the situation and get us the best deal. It ended up being more work and clean up for both of them but they offered without complaint. So grateful for the friendly staff at Maggiano's :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The waiter was great, sweet, and professional.... love the services!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Apps and salad took 23 mins to come out. Server was nice food was fantastic.Special Features: