Maggiano's - San Jose
3055 Olin Avenue, Suite 1000
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 4084238973
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Please be advised that we do not accept reservations for patio/outdoor seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Grice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 408-423-9476 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - San Jose
Welcome to Maggiano's in San Jose, located at Santana Row, San Jose’s newly opened European-style shopping, dining & entertainment destination. Maggiano's 16,000 square-foot, 220-seat restaurant is ideal for group lunches, festive gatherings & romantic dinners for two. We specialize in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large & varied, offering an extensive selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Maggiano's - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
350 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (219)special occasion (191)kid-friendly (110)great for lunch (102)romantic (85)fit for foodies (74)hot spot (68)neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (56)vibrant bar scene (53)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (30)late-night find (24)scenic view (6)Show More
- Maggiano's Santana RowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014It was very busy and noisy that night, full of excitement and activity. Luckily we had reservations. So even though two items on Fall Menu, Roasted Pear Gorgonzola Bruschetta and Pumpkin Tiramisu, were delicious and tasty, the third item on Fall menu was not available as advertised (October 16-Nov 5th) Butternut Squash Ravioli per our waiter or misinformed by our waiter or miscommunicated to him during staff meeting. Initially I was so very excited to dine that night then later very disappointed that I could not order the on-the-house pasta during sit-down dinner and only later to discover upon my last-attempt request to persuade our waiter go and directly inquire with kitchen chef who confirmed that squash ravioli was indeed available.Special Features:
- It was okNotimpressed1Dined on 10/18/2014I've been here many times, but when I checked in for our reservations, they said their reservations are backed up. Whats the point of taking reservations if you can't honor the time.Special Features:
- Lite Menu is only a profit schemeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Ordered the light version of the Chicken Francese. Serving size was pathetic and did not have the full flavor of the regular version, yet we are paying the same price. I am not doing that again. Also, Chicken was overcooked and pasta bland. Service was nowhere to be seen. Had to ask twice for butter and for water refills. For took over 30 minutes to come out of the kitchen.
- Don't bothet making reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I waited 1 hour for my table, there was plenty of tables open. My dinner took 90 minutes my server was friendly but didn't provide service I was constantly searching for herSpecial Features:
- disappointedsaddayDined on 10/17/2014Reservations 30 mins behind schedule after being seated waited an hour and never recieved our entrees Food looked great on other tables thoughSpecial Features:
- Don't bother with a reservationMattDined on 10/17/2014I don't have the opportunity to eat out much, with 2 little kids, my time is precious. So when Maggiano's was 45min late on their reservation time of 7:15pm AND once you got seated it took 30 min to even get a drink...my night was over. The only redeeming quality was the food and friends I was with. The food was good but not special and I certainly won't go again. Sad really, they have such a prime location. Maybe they figure they don't need good service...people will stay. Not this person.Special Features:
- first time, but def not the lasthyoung7Dined on 10/17/2014Thus was my first time to Maggiano's and I absolutely loved it!! The food was delicious, and we got to take a whole entree home with us, too, which was just as tasty as at the restaurant. We'll keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- October SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014The main dish for October was outstanding, so full of flavor and tender. I wish you would make this dish available all year roundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not stellar but adequatelovegoodfoodDined on 10/15/2014Went with a business friend for an early lunch. The service was good and our orders came rather quickly; but my crab cakes were cool and not very flavorful. My friend had one of the lunch specials which was good, but again not wonderful - even for a quick lunch. I probably would not come back.Special Features:
- good for familyTwinsMomVIPDined on 10/14/2014We usually order family style until this time when we finally tried the kids' menu which is great value and the kids were happy. We had so much left over for lunch the next day. Our waitress was also very good and took good care of us.Special Features:
- JonesieDined on 10/11/2014We had a reservation and called to say we were going to be 15 min late due to traffic. It was my birthday and we had to wait an extra 30 minutes to get seated and then nobody came to our table for almost 10 minutes-i was starving. No parmesan cheese when we asked for it, so we gave up and the pasta dishes were luke warm-should have been hot. We were disappointed and will not be back.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We came here for date night and were very satisfied with the whole experience. We will come back soon!Special Features:
- Great food and good serviceGracefullDined on 10/10/2014This is our go to spot for a dinner for two. Reservations definitely made things more enjoyable. We only experienced two issues during our visit. The first was that our entrées came out of the kitchen about 5 minutes after our appetizers. The waiter did apologize. The second is we were seated very close to the kitchen so our dinner was full of sounds of the swinging doors slamming shut every 10 seconds. Next time I will definitely request a table away from the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusyMonicaDined on 10/10/2014This is a very busy restaurant. We ordered the middle family plan and our waiter wasn't of any help. We ordered a dish off the most expensive dinner plan and our waiter didn't say a thing about it. He should have guided us back to the middle menu. When we received our bill we were charged an extra $20 for that dish. In reality we paid an extra $20 for that pasta dish and were shorted a dish because there were 4 of us so we only had 3 dishes plus the one we paid extra for. The waiter was extremely busy but if experienced he should have told us the difference. Also we had to ask for bread plates 3 times, forks twice, they are just too busy.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food!Dane23Dined on 10/10/2014The food is very well prepared and I have never been disappointed. The wine is pricey, but everything else is at least somewhat reasonable. Try the profiteroles!Special Features:
- Smiley1rjjDined on 10/6/2014Excellent service for our birthday celebration. The buy one take one home classic pastas are the best buy ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Poor FoodallisonjoyyyDined on 10/5/2014I'v been to this location multiple times, but this would have to be the first time I was disappointed. We were celebrating three birthdays. Alexis was our server. She was amazing and very accommodating, making sure we were all replenished of our beverages and bread. Now..onto the negative part of my experience. Our food came out over an hour later! Took forever to get our appetizers and when our entree's finally arrived, my dad, the birthday celebrant, wasn't given his order, nor was he informed that the kitchen ran out of lasagna, and my sister's entree had a number of shells in her food (I tried it myself)! I was a bit embarrassed as spoke nothing but great things of this place only to have to put my foot in my mouth later.Special Features:
- OutstandingEem86Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I got the special 2 for $40. For our appetizer we got the stuffed mushrooms. Then we ordered our main entree and was able to take another entree home. For dessert we ordered the chesse cake. It was huge and hands down the best I ever had. I also got a Long Island ice tea. At first I couldn't taste the alcohol but a few minutes after finishing it hit me It was rather loud but it was a Saturday night. Our waitress was very sweet. It took a while for us to get our food but well worth it. We were there for about two hours start to finish. Longer than I ever had dinner at any restruant. Over all great experience. if we ever visit nor cal again we will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not have my reservationpastaDined on 10/4/2014They did not have my reservation...could not find it. Even after they sent me an email confirmation and called me in the afternoon. That happens more times than not! that would stop me from coming to that place to eat.Special Features:
- Great food but chaotic on Fri nightJohnBDined on 10/4/2014The food is classic Italian, with all the options necessary for a delicious meal. Note, though, it is difficult to get a table for walk-up weekend dinners (recommend reservation between 5pm-8pm). Also, if you're doing dinner then a movie, allow at least 90+ minutes for dinner on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We flew up from OntarioKim01Dined on 10/4/2014to San Jose Maggs. Asked for a fun/good waiter, were shown to table behind serving station, we asked to be moved. The waitress was in experienced. Dirty wine glass. Asked for plates so we could split our meals, but never got them, had to ask another waiter. Had to ask for serving spoons. Understood she was busy, but she unable to keep things moving and do more than one thing at a time. We were brought a basket of bread with three tiny rolls at the beginning, and throughout the rest of the meal continued to ask for more, but were told it was being made. Entire restaurant was not getting any bread. It was strange for a restaurant of that size to have run out of bread. There was no flow and large gaps with no service during our time there.Special Features:
- Great deal, lots of foodMistyVIPDined on 10/1/2014We tried the dinner for two deal where you get two salads, two pasta dishes, a dessert to share, and two pasta dishes to take home. It was a great deal and a lot of food. The baked ziti was good, but the spaghetti and meatball was disappointing - the meatball tasted like filler instead of meat. The raviolis were good, but the sauce very watered down. Overall well worth it for the money, but I normally prefer to get less but higher quality food.Special Features:
- good eats....celpenDined on 10/1/2014The food was fabulous....very good blend of spices. Our server was wonderful....very attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The service is great and the food is delicious! Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014very festive environment. professional staff. lots of food choices. prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian fareSJKBDineDined on 9/28/2014Wide menu selection with reasonable prices. Very popular, recommend making a reservation. Good location to stroll around Santana shops after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingSanJoseDinerDined on 9/28/2014I have long been a fan of Maggiano's after my first visit in 1995 while in Chicago. Since then I have dined in many of their locations across the US. The "experience" I had dining there was always excellent - atmosphere, service, wait times, value for meal to name a few. Since moving to San Jose 2 years ago my "experience" at the San Jose location has always been consistently poor with service and wait times. I am not sure if this locations is staffed differently than other locations or the employees are trained different but something is seriously amiss here.
- OutstandingKudosDined on 9/28/2014The food is always fresh and the presentation is perfect. The waitstaff is aware of how the menu items are prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and valueSJdiningVIPDined on 9/27/2014The Food and service were great. We got the pasta dinner for 2, which was a good deal for $40. The waiter was very attentive and was prompt with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014My reservation was at 8:30pm and I didn't get seated until 9:20pm and then didn't get food until 10:00pm. The hostess did tell me that they were running a little behind but it wouldn't be long. She kept telling me, you're next, they're cleaning the table now... Which were all lies. My group was about to walk out until we were seated. That was a really late dinner and wasn't appreciated for a birthday event.Special Features:
- Fun night, but long waitInram31Dined on 9/27/2014The food was yummy and the ambiance was fun, but even with a reservation there was a 30-45 minute wait. If we would have been seating on time I would give it 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculous wait timesKBH11Dined on 9/27/2014Our table was no where near ready @ reservation time. It took nearly 45 minutes to get our appetizers and wine delivered. Then the waiter took off before opening the bottles, so we had to wait again and ask him to do that. Then they delivered the wrong dish, but we didn't know that. We'd ordered a bowl of the family - style "Lighter Taste" fettuccine Alfredo. What we didn't know was that they'd actually brought out the regular Alfredo. When we ordered more, and the right dish was brought out, we had to flag down the waiter and ask, "What's this?!" It was some sort of pasta w chicken and asparagus in a cream sauce. That's when he told us there was a mix up. We'll thanks for telling us earlier, buddy, when you realized it before. Sheesh.Special Features:
- fabulous food; outstanding serviceluvtodineDined on 9/24/2014service was outstanding; attentive: we loved that we were given an extra portion free to go for next day lunch! Great idea. Recommended to everyone at work. will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome service & fun!kaylaDined on 9/22/2014We had a fabulous dinner, and we all ordered from the lighter choices on the menu. Flavor was tremendous, and the fact that it was healthy was such a bonus! Kenji was our server, and he was a perfect host. I had the Chicken Francese, and it was flavorful and delicious! Thanks for a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014More than once, my fiance and I have found ourselves finding a nice romantic place to dine. Majority of those times we come to Magianos. Their food is always good, and is always worth the wait. That being said. The food/service does take quite some time but they are continually busy so it makes sense that they don't come running right when you sit.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Variety of choices, great food and never felt rushed. Great background music adds to ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent banquet diningGlitteratiOrange15Dined on 9/20/2014I reserved a dinner for 25 people to celebrate my sister's birthday and Maggiano's gave us a private banquet room (four round tables) with two excellent waiters (Gerardo & Lane) that tended to everyone's needs. I had received calls from the banquet coordinator advising us to dine in a private room but for a 20% event fee instead of the 18% gratuity. I was unable to call her back but they gave us the room anyway. Coffee and tea were surprisingly complimentary since I only ordered the Classic Family Style meal instead of the Chef's Choice which includes coffee. From reserving online to checking in at the restaurant, and dining on sumptuous Italian dishes- including AYCE tiramisu and creme brûlée, we felt special being tended to, like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lite menulitemenuDined on 9/20/2014My wife got the chicken scallipini on the lite menu. She said there was no flavour what-so-ever to the chicken (tasted like boiled chicken), and the noodles were very slimy. There was a mix-up on the reservation, but the Assistant Mgr did a great job to rectify the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful lunchSJMaDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary by taking our 10-yr-old son and 12-yr-old daughter to lunch at Maggiano's today. Our server Scott was very friendly and professional and took excellent care of us, making sure we had a terrific meal. Timing was perfect. The food was delicious and plentiful. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed the restaurant food however the noise level was unpleasant to enjoy my own guests. We were in a booth too which one would think it would be better than a table but it wasn't when it came to noise.Special Features: