Maggiano's - San Jose
3055 Olin Avenue, Suite 1000
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (408) 423-8973
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Please be advised that we do not accept reservations for patio/outdoor seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Grice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 408-423-9476 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - San Jose
Welcome to Maggiano's in San Jose, located at Santana Row, San Jose’s newly opened European-style shopping, dining & entertainment destination. Maggiano's 16,000 square-foot, 220-seat restaurant is ideal for group lunches, festive gatherings & romantic dinners for two. We specialize in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large & varied, offering an extensive selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Maggiano's - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
341 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (215)special occasion (181)great for lunch (102)kid-friendly (93)romantic (89)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (62)great for outdoor dining (50)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (45)great for brunch (32)late-night find (31)scenic view (3)Show More
- I have enjoyed this Italian Restraunt for yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014This is the best Food I have ever had . They do it right, I am a Chef and I feel very at home at this resteraunt!! Its My home away from my kitchen..Thank you for making it Fresh and its Soooooo Good!! I am going to have my wedding there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lemondrops. Bartender is on point. Everytime I've been here the food is great, from the stuffed mushrooms to the desserts. Such a wide variety of pastas that it can be hard to select an entree. It's a plus that they have the 'buy one, take one home option' for certain classic dishes.Special Features:
- Reservation ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014We made our reservation online an hour and a half before our reservation time. When we arrived we were told that if we make a reservation online a couple hours before the reservation time it would likely not get granted. Fortunately the hostess gave us a table. If Maggiano's won't grant reservations this soon before the reservation time you shouldn't be able to make the reservation online. I would have been pretty angry if I spent an hour getting ready, drove for 15 minutes to get there and spent another 15 minutes looking for parking just to get to the restaurant and be denied a table. Other than that the food and drinks were good. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is good for mall shoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/23/2014This is a large restaurant that caters to shoppers at Santana Row. They produce volumes of food that has no flavor. The Veal Parmesan was basically fried bread crumbs with cheese and red sauce. The calamari was fried unflavored bread crumbs and believe it was calamari under them. This is not authentic Italian food. It felt very rushed and food was at our table within 10 minutes after ordering. The server was very pleasant though.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014We went to Maggiano's today to celebrate and early Thanksgiving dinner. It was so pleasant with the great service and ambiance. The holiday songs playing and the Christmas decorations were very festive and we enjoyed our meals and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experienceluv2dinefuntableDined on 11/22/2014The food is always tasty & enjoyable and the servers have everything pretty fine tuned and able to stay on top of your needs. If you are getting the pasta dishes that you get to take 1 home, just make sure you check your bags that you have the right thing ordered. It didn't matter much that we took home wrong items as the food is ALL so tasty. Watch out for family style dining, as you really need to bring an appetite. We had a party of 6 our first time and all ended up in a Food Coma. This is our new special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingFelixDined on 11/22/2014Busy as usual, tried the new lite fettuccine sauce with chicken and asparagus but something in the sauce was burnt, my guest asked for fettuccine Alfredo which is on the classic pasta menu and was up-sold to a shrimp pasta Alfredo which was dry (lacking sauce) and the pasta was undercooked, waiter did a good job on the upsale pushing the wines at $20 per glass. Not the quality I have had here in the past. Didn't see my waiter again until I we were done eating so no chance to complain about my burnt sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy yet orderly10kImmortalsDined on 11/22/2014We had an early evening dinner date in a very busy and popular place full of people. Food was good. The stuffed mushroom starter was delicious. We did not like the wine we orderd so it was offered to be changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family PlacePocketsvvmcDined on 11/21/2014Maggiano's is a great restaurant for family style dinners, girls/boys night out, and date night. It's not for a quiet, intimate dinner and that's okay because it is GREAT for everything else. They always have great specials. The portion sizes are very generous. The food is delicious. The staff is friendly and the drinks are well madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Exceptional Serviceca4mylifeDined on 11/21/2014Had a Friday night reservation for 5 at 6:15pm. Although it was busy and there was a long line to check in at the hostess stand, once we got up there, we were shown to our table. The table had plenty of room for us all - not squeezed in as they do at some restaurants. We were promptly greeted by our waiter, Russ (If I remember correctly!), and he provided us with exceptional service the rest of the evening. He offered excellent menu suggestions and helped with our wine selections. Our food choices varied (salad, talapia with lobster, seafood pasta, lasagna) and all were full of rich flavors and the portions were very generous (lots to take home and enjoy again!) . Desserts (Spumoni, tiramisu) and coffees/lattes were a great way to finish off the meal. There were lots of large birthday parties and celebrations going on in the restaurant around us - which was another reminder (as if you needed one at this point!) that this is a great place for a romantic dinner or for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good evening at Maggiano's.localfoodieDined on 11/21/2014I've been coming to Maggiano's for several years now for special occasions. The food is always great, and I'm all about good food with good portions. Hey, just because they serve a large portion doesn't mean that you can't take home half and have it the next day - some of the flavors are even better! Plus, who would want to miss out on the yummy spinach salad or my favorite, the Chocolate Zuccotto cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place ever for an anniversary lunch!ToeandMoeDined on 11/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here with our new born grandson on 11/18. Your staff (everyone) was awesome! We could not have asked for anything better. We greatly appreciated them making it extra special for us by full filling my request on having a special desert with our names on it. Thank you to all of you for making it such a memorable moment in our life. Best, Antonio & Monica RamirezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedStock86VIPDined on 11/16/2014We were greeted by our host only to tell us that our table was not ready and it would be a bit of a wait. We waited for over 45 minutes PAST our reservation time. That already set the tone for the rest of the night. No manager ever came to apologize. The food was ok, maybe would've been better had we not been is such a bad mood. Was possibly thinking of hosting a party there but now it's not even an option.
- Did not live up to expectationsStacyDined on 11/16/2014I have heard good things about Maggianos from a couple of people and decided I really wanted to try it this past weekend. Lesson learned that they get extremely busy on the weekends to the point they don't even take walk ins so make a reservation! That wasn't a big deal and we just made a reservation for the next night. Seated fairly quickly and waiter seemed attentive at first. By the way the seats are really crammed together. However, food came out cold and with a cream sauce that makes the food very bland... Nothing spectacular and pretty disappointing. Then came dessert, ordered 2 sampler size desserts to share and they took over 30 minutes to come out. When they did, the apple tart was so hard you couldn't cut it with a spoon. Managed to get a tiny piece to try and it was so badly burnt I had to spit it out. Took another 10 mins to get the waiter to our table and another 20 to get the dessert re-done. They did appoligize and comped the dessert but it was just a bad experience for a place I wanted to like SO BAD. Will not be coming back though.
- Good foodLove2danceDined on 11/12/2014The food was very good. My husband ordered a gluten free dish and the chef personally came out and talked with him about his food choices and received an excellent meal. The service was a bit slow but it was a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceExcellentDined on 11/11/2014First time experience at this restaurant and was quite pleased with the food and ambience. Will definitely come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicesLovinLyfe01Dined on 11/9/2014Maggianos is great a place of great food, wonderful staff, and a delicious dessert menu in an excellent location (Santana Row) The menu is very affordable with a variety of choices. The atmosphere is relaxed and kid friendly. A great place to get out to and enjoy with good friends / family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation + 30/45 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Made a reservation for 2 at 8pm on a Sat. and made the reservation about 4/5 days in advance. We arrived about 15 mins. early and checked in. Upon checking in we were told that we would have to wait an additional 30-45 mins. past our reservation because they were running behind. They were giving priority to groups coming in without a reservation which pushed peoples reservations back. We ordered an appetizer and a couple non-alcoholic drinks...we got the drinks a few minutes later and placed our food order. Our appetizer came out a couple minutes before our food. We specifically place our appetizer order first to avoid this...and you would think they would be conscious of the fact that people want their appetizers before their main food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsswepeazfamDined on 11/8/2014Small group for birthday celebration. Made reservation on opentable.com and was there 5 minutes early and checked in, however twenty minutes later still waiting for a table. This has happened on several occasions. It was a Saturday night. Lots of large parties. We ordered family style. They barely brought enough food to feed the table and so we had to reorder several times, which resulted in a longer wait to eat. The waiter was very attentive and handled multiple large parties very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Friday or Saturday nightDiningWithFamilyDined on 11/8/2014We had a 7 pm reservation for 5 people. We weren't seated until 7:50, even after offering to sit outside. The kitchen was very back up and it was so noisy you couldn't hear the person across the table. Our waiter did his best. And the food was terrific but the dining experience itself was ridiculous. We weren't out of there until 10pm. My 11 year old was literally falling asleep at the table and still the food didn't come. Never again.Special Features:
- service was excellentlocalgirlzDined on 11/8/2014Service was excellent....the table was cramped was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowwwwwwOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Very slow drink service. Don't think it was our server, but the bar staff. We ended up getting our drinks comped becaue they were so late.Special Features:
- Better than Olive Garden.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Food was ok. My wife had the wide noodles and thought they were dry. I had the shells with chicken and mushrooms, they were just ok. We made reservations and were seating immediately when we arrived.The waiter was attentive and very friendly. The last time I went here I had the veal and it was really good.Special Features:
- Maggianos For LunchLuvtodineoutDined on 11/6/2014Great luncheon experience. Service and food was excellent. Always order the Marco Luncheon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, but..GluttonyChopsDined on 11/3/2014Everything was just great, but what really didn't jive with me is the speed of the servers, they were just too fast, walking too fast, rushing the order, and even witnessed a lady being ran bumped into by a server! The environment and dim lighting is not ideal for waiters, servers, bussers to be running and rushing! The Filet Mignion was out of this world GOOD!Special Features:
- Delicious food great serviceJasiDined on 11/3/2014A great place to go for delicious Italian food, with great service. Everything from appetizers , entree to desert was excellent. Good place to go for company dinners. Consistently meets expectations..Special Features:
- Somewhat dissapointedibincaDined on 11/2/2014My choice of the Lobster pasta dish for $24.00 was dissapointing since the lobster was dry and cut up into tiny little pieces and the addition of parmesian cheese didn't help the taste at all (which I was hoping it would)Special Features:
- OpenTable gets you in!PrimoFoodDined on 11/1/2014Curious of the wait times at the restaurant after I had already reserved a table on short notice, I asked the Host/ess what the wait time was for the party size I requested. Over an hour and 15 minutes! The reservation got us in within 5 minutes of the target time, so I applaud the restaurant on keeping good for the estimate they provided. Very well rehearsed. This is a very acceptable spot to dine. It may seem busy, but I think it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedmac1Dined on 11/1/2014We arranged to go to Maggianos for a special birthday occasion. Despite pre-booking a table several days before we still had a wait time of at least 25 minutes. As always at the weekends the restaurant was busy, but in comparison to previous weekend visits the service was slow. It took some time (15 minutes) for our order to be taken. Our two children's meals were brought out to the table 15 minutes before our pasta and they had finished before we started eating. My husbands pasta dish when it did arrive, was cold but the thought of waiting for service and heating up was not an option. Having eaten at Maggianos before and enjoyed the experience, we were disappointed.Special Features:
- great foodlolo225Dined on 10/31/2014Wonderful food, we ate like kings. Server was friendly and timely. Had to wait about 15 mins for our reservation, but with a cocktail wasn't a.big deal. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very funLisaDined on 10/28/2014We had a wonderful meal with excellent service. It was my friend's birthday and they made it very special.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceluvitalianDined on 10/26/2014Always a great dining experience at Maggiano's in San Jose. Never disappointed and food is always fantastic. Nice ambience and would recommend Maggiano's San Jose to those wanting a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencerichmij27Dined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing, nothing special. Overall I thought it was wonderful, but my only complaint was how low the lighting was. I felt that I was surrounded by darknessSpecial Features:
- Dinner with friendsPearlofagirlDined on 10/25/2014dinner was very good. Value was great. Very enjoyable. We had a wonderful time. Waiter was wonderful except we got charged for 2wines we did not order, but found the problem and the waiter fixed it.Special Features:
- Nice place for parties...MR99Dined on 10/25/2014Service and food is generally good. I usually enjoy the Lobster Carbonara and my wife likes the seasonal butternut squash ravioli. My 5-yr-old usually doesn't eat a lot of meat, but she devoured the giant meatball.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We went here for our 3 year anniversary and it was out first time here the waiter was amazing the food was so good not a complaint in the world about maggianosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise celebrationPollyVIPDined on 10/24/2014I had reserved a table for 12 for a surprise birthday celebration. Called three times to ensure and specify that 10 would be coming at 7 and to please provide drinks and that I and the birthday boy would arrive at 7:30. I also brought the cake in at 6:00 again emphasizing the surprise and the two differnt times. Upon arriving with my fiancé at 7:30 for his surprise birthday dinner ( he expecting a dinner just with me since we met there at Maggiannos ) the hostess, who was one of the hostesses that was there to recieve the cake when I dropped it off 1 1/2 hrs later said - "your reservation was at 7 and everyone else is already here and waiting for you around the corner" - and pointed to the back room. So much for the surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerEat4FunDined on 10/24/2014We were hesitant to dine here because of all the complaints about waiting 45 minutes even with reservations. I took a chance but reserved earlier in the evening at 6:45. That seemed to work, as we were seated not long after. Probably after 7pm, it may be risky, even with reservations on a Fri or Sat. Anyways, our waiter was very considerate and attentive. My wife accidentally spilled her wine and he brought another one on the house. They didn't owe us that. The bus boy was helpful too by enlarging our table for more space and good water service. The only problem: the salads didn't arrive before the meal and when it did, there was no dressing. We took it to go. I couldn't believe we got another pasta dish for the next day. Great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special but good enough !ClaireDined on 10/24/2014As usual, it is good place to have business lunch ! No rush atmosphere make customers relax and quite enjoyable place to have chat with clients but friends and family too. I had a lunch this time with a client, was able to talk in nice and relaxing setting. Foods was good and brought to the table in good timing. Not to rush and not too slow. Servers checked our table time to time, and overall experience was great. Of course, this is not "special restaurant" since it is corporate own, operated but you can get good food with right price so what should I complain? Only the wish is if they offer "smaller portion" plates instead of offering "family style" all the time.Special Features:
- Stuck in the cornerYumyum1Dined on 10/23/2014Came to Maggiano's with relatives from Canada, and was disappointed with the experience. The restaurant was not busy at all, however we were seated in the back between the kitchen and the bussing station. We were also next to the entrance to the banquet rooms so there was constant traffic going by our table of other patrons. Our view from our booth was a dark corner where all the extra plates, utensils, olive oil, napkins, etc were. Since we were in the corner, it was very hard to get anyone's attention. We were seated for about 20 min before our server even approached us. May I add that I had to ask our bus girl to get our server for us in the beginning too cause we had been waiting so long. It was not a nice experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.