Maggiano's - San Jose
3055 Olin Avenue, Suite 1000
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 4084238973
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Please be advised that we do not accept reservations for patio/outdoor seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Grice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 408-423-9476 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - San Jose
Welcome to Maggiano's in San Jose, located at Santana Row, San Jose’s newly opened European-style shopping, dining & entertainment destination. Maggiano's 16,000 square-foot, 220-seat restaurant is ideal for group lunches, festive gatherings & romantic dinners for two. We specialize in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large & varied, offering an extensive selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Maggiano's - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
411 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (250)special occasion (227)kid-friendly (132)great for lunch (116)romantic (93)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (74)hot spot (71)great for outdoor dining (60)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (43)notable wine list (41)late-night find (24)scenic view (8)Show More
- lite menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife got the chicken scallipini on the lite menu. She said there was no flavour what-so-ever to the chicken (tasted like boiled chicken), and the noodles were very slimy. There was a mix-up on the reservation, but the Assistant Mgr did a great job to rectify the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful lunchSJMaDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary by taking our 10-yr-old son and 12-yr-old daughter to lunch at Maggiano's today. Our server Scott was very friendly and professional and took excellent care of us, making sure we had a terrific meal. Timing was perfect. The food was delicious and plentiful. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed the restaurant food however the noise level was unpleasant to enjoy my own guests. We were in a booth too which one would think it would be better than a table but it wasn't when it came to noise.Special Features:
- Waited 30 minutes with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Rushed service people. Healthy menu is full of carbs. Impersonal. Loud. Will not return.
- Shift ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Make sure the hand off goes smoothly. Ours did not. When the correct food finally showed up, it was good.
- Great spot for dinnerLuv2dineDined on 9/12/2014We did have a reservation at 7:30 and had to wait kinda long before we got seated, however it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!VickieDined on 9/7/2014Maggiano's never disappoints. I gather here with my girlfriends each year for our birthdays - and the atmosphere and food have been fantastic every time. There is enough movement to keep the place energetic, but the table arrangement works perfect for us to have our own celebration with each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long queue and busiest placeTimboDined on 9/6/2014We already had a reservation but we still had to wait for 50 mins until they called us when our table got ready. We did not expect to wait this much as we already made a reservation with them prior two days. Food and other things were good and I love the place for their complimentary pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation system subparNaldDined on 9/6/2014It's amazing how your online reservation system completely ruined an otherwise delicious dining experience. What a way to make a first impression. Please, nobody wants to hear "We apologize, but reservation seating is running 25 minutes behind" when there were people that have been waiting for AN HOUR OR MORE. Who is the genius that came up with this system? Unbelievable. The restaurant has fantastic food, but if I have to wait like that again, then no thanks. The great food and people were overshadowed by the horrible reservation experience.
- Long wait in between coursesJillibeansDined on 9/5/2014Our server Lairen was great. Food was great and they make adjustment to our request. However, we have to wait so long for the next course to come. We were there for 2 hours and with 3 kids, just imagine the whining in between course. Even my husband notice the long gap and he is more patient than me.Special Features:
- Anniversary Celebrationluv2dinefuntableDined on 9/4/2014Our friends were celebrating their 7th Wedding Anniversary and invited us to join them. This was their first time at Maggiano's and they loved it. Said they would come back again. We had a wonderful server named Jason. He was quick with drinks, refills, service, and bagging up any leftovers or take home items.Special Features:
- Awesome food always!FoodieDined on 9/3/2014Awesome food always! Keep up the great work! We greatly appreciate it.Special Features:
- Old world Italian with modern twistbonedoc97VIPDined on 9/2/2014Nice menu - lots of variety, excellent zucchini fritti appetizer, salmon oscar was prepared just right and very filling. Great service, relaxed atmosphere. Nice place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateDateAtMagiDined on 9/1/2014I went on a first date here. I made a reservation through open table in about 2 minutes. We showed up and they sat us right away. Food is great, mood lighting, and friendly service. Only complaint is it was a little loud but it's a popular restaurant so it's expected. We had a great time and walked around Santana Row afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon DinnerlovebirdsfromNYCDined on 9/1/2014This is a specific review for our honeymoon dinner on Labor Day, 2014. We held our rehearsal dinner at this location on Friday night and were invited by the manager to come back for a honeymoon dinner, on the house. So we took advantage of the offer and had a SPECTACULAR honeymoon dinner. The service was EXEMPLARY (as it always is whenever we visit a Maggiano's), the food was DELICIOUS (the portions were also so large, we had leftovers for our flight the next day), the ambiance was romantic and light, and overall, it was just the perfect way to end our short honeymoon/wedding weekend before flying back home to the east coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but very goodSteveDined on 8/31/2014We visited Maggiano's on Sunday of the Labor Day weekend. The place was extremely busy. We had a reservation, and were seated on time. Our server was personable, efficient, and attentive. He could not have been better. I was concerned that they could prepare a decent meal when they were bursting at the seams with customers, but I was not disappointed. Our meals were fresh, warm, and delicious. Great job, Maggiano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Russell was a great waiter. Had great suggestions on menu. 5 star.Special Features:
- Horrible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food either tastes very bland or extremely salty. We ordered the baked eggplant parmiggiana (very bland and looked unappetizing) and mushroom ravioli al forgo (extremely salty) food. Horrible service .. even when I told the server the food was salty, the waitress took no action or even apologize. On top of this, she gave us take out packages of the same horrible food (1 eat in order = 1 take-out order special that was running) without understanding that we very much disliked what we ate.
- Birthday DinnerGordonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good time for my birthday dinner with family! We appreciated the leftovers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28 YearszoeyschoiceDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary and decided to do so at Maggiano's. We have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant and its staff. The staff was courteous; the food was excellent; the place was hopping! If you go, treat yourself to Mom's Lasagna or Chicken and Spinach stuffed Manicotti!! They are FANTASTIC!Special Features:
- Celebrating a retirementNanaClare49Dined on 8/24/2014Wonderful afternoon with the family. Waitress was excellent. Food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why reserve when same as walk-indisappointedSatDinerDined on 8/23/2014We have made reservations for 7:45pm on a Saturday night. When we got there, we needed to get in line to even check-in. Yes there was as line to tell the host that you're there for your reservations. And the line took 15min to get through! When you get to the front of the line, they tell you that you're not fully checked in until everyone of your party has arrived. When everyone of our parties arrived, they tell us we have to wait for another 15-20min. After 15min wait, they then tell us we have to wait for another 20min since people aren't leaving. Our reservations didn't mean anything as we didn't get to sit down until 1hr 15min after our reservations! The food was salty and the service was not good.
- Worst experience at a restauranttwopartyDined on 8/23/2014We (party of two) arrived at 6:20 for our 6:30 reservation. Found a long line to check in. Once completed, we waited in a very crammed, chaotic lobby. The line for the check in changed three times during our 40 minute wait. Several people stood in lines that didn't exist. Had we known the wait would be so long, we would have ordered a drink. Once seated, it took over 20 minutes to get said drink. Waiter didn't offer to get another until it was far too late to wait for another. The food was fair at best. Waiter was not trying nearly as hard as the others we saw rushing about. Despite all the rushing, it seemed everything took a long time. Sadly, I cannot support any of the hype I have heard. We won't be back.
- Family Fun!CathyLSGVIPDined on 8/23/2014We took the kids here for dinner to celebrate my moms birthday. They always serve amazing food and my kids love it. We love the take home portions and friendly service. Five stars!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memoriesmlouDined on 8/23/2014Used to linger here over lunch while studying for classes in San Jose. Now I returned with whole family. They loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014my date and I waited to be seated 30 mins after reservation time.. Not impressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Our anniversary was made very special by the staff of Maggiano's. We will make it a point to go back when we are in San Jose next time.Special Features:
- A taste of Italy in San JoseLove2eatDined on 8/21/2014I have been to Maggiano's numerous times and the expected first rate service and friendly servers is consistent. The food is outstanding. The price is right and probably less expensive as other comparable restaurants. Overall for food, service and value, I rate Maggiano's a 12 star all the way.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant but long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We made reservations ahead of time through open table, got to the restaurant 15 minutes early and ended up waiting 40 minutes, which is 25 minutes behind the reservation time. This is at 8:15 p.m. on a Wednesday. While waiting for our table, various people walked up to ask about wait time without reservations, they were told 45 minutes wait. I suppose that the reservation saved us 20 minutes, but still much longer than expected. The staff keeps telling us they have some tables ready but they are cleaning them up, but several groups were called up before us so this must be a common practice with the restaurant. 25 minutes beyond the reservation time and they never offered even a glass of water or acknowledged us during the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with moderate priceKhoaNguyenDined on 8/19/2014Went here with my family. Great service, plenty of good food with moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Atmosphere...Azo2Dined on 8/18/2014Maggiano's offers a friendly/family/special atmosphere. We always enjoy going there for a special occasion. The food is very good and very plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pasta was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Everyone enjoyed the pasta. Of course the now and later promo was a hit too. Great value.Special Features:
- Never got to tablebaleohayVIPDined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation for 6:30. Once arriving promptly and checking in the host said we'd have to wait for a table to clear. We expected 5 minutes. 20 minutes later there was no communication from anyone. My wife and I decided to leave. The line for the host was now out the door, it would have been another 10 minutes to tell them we were leaving. I received an unexpected text from the restaurant 30+minutes after our reservation time saying our table was ready. Very disapoinring.
- Prefect DinnerAalummoottilDined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate Mom's bday. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Food tasted great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodfood4thoughtDined on 8/15/2014Overall it was a great dinner. The only drawback was that we were given a small table. I did mention kids and a highchair and because of the limited space there was a lot of knocking down water cups and limited placement for food. Waiter was great, but felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special but no complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Made a reservation for 14 a couple of weeks in advance. The day of, I stopped by a few hours prior to our time and was able to pre order our disshes etc. Price was fair for what we ordered. Dinner went off without issues but no real fireworks either. I would do it over again.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation and were seated 35 minutes late. Totally ignored by hostesses - had to check in repeatedly. At the table the waiter was rushed, gave me the wrong wine, my friend's wine didn't come til halfway through dinner - poor service all around
- Fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I hadn't been here in many years. The ambiance is very nice. The food is very good and it exceeded my expectations. That doesn't happen often. And the price is very reasonable. We ate off the Classics menu and got a second order to take home. What a deal.Special Features:
- Great EveningNancyKVDined on 8/11/2014Maggiano's accommodated my party of 12 very easily. Our waiter was very attentive, and as always, the food was great! Always dependable. Love Maggiano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodWineNDineDined on 8/10/2014We had reservations for inside the restaurant. We sat outside, since our kids thought the restaurant was too cold. The server was awesome. We ended up getting the Family Style "Classic" option. This was a very good choice as everyone could order something and we could all share the dishes. It definitely fed our family, and the food was very tasty. We really enjoyed the calamari appetizer, Gnocchi & Italian Sausage, and Grilled Salmon Lemon & Herb dishes. My kids loved spaghetti and meatballs and the New York Style Cheesecake. I definitely look forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.