Maggiano's - San Jose
3055 Olin Avenue, Suite 1000
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (408) 423-8973
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Please be advised that we do not accept reservations for patio/outdoor seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Grice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 408-423-9476 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - San Jose
Welcome to Maggiano's in San Jose, located at Santana Row, San Jose’s newly opened European-style shopping, dining & entertainment destination. Maggiano's 16,000 square-foot, 220-seat restaurant is ideal for group lunches, festive gatherings & romantic dinners for two. We specialize in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large & varied, offering an extensive selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Maggiano's - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (205)special occasion (170)great for lunch (99)kid-friendly (86)romantic (81)fit for foodies (78)hot spot (64)neighborhood gem (63)great for outdoor dining (48)vibrant bar scene (47)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (32)late-night find (27)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best place ever for an anniversary lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here with our new born grandson on 11/18. Your staff (everyone) was awesome! We could not have asked for anything better. We greatly appreciated them making it extra special for us by full filling my request on having a special desert with our names on it. Thank you to all of you for making it such a memorable moment in our life. Best, Antonio & Monica RamirezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedStock86VIPDined on 11/16/2014We were greeted by our host only to tell us that our table was not ready and it would be a bit of a wait. We waited for over 45 minutes PAST our reservation time. That already set the tone for the rest of the night. No manager ever came to apologize. The food was ok, maybe would've been better had we not been is such a bad mood. Was possibly thinking of hosting a party there but now it's not even an option.
- Did not live up to expectationsStacyDined on 11/16/2014I have heard good things about Maggianos from a couple of people and decided I really wanted to try it this past weekend. Lesson learned that they get extremely busy on the weekends to the point they don't even take walk ins so make a reservation! That wasn't a big deal and we just made a reservation for the next night. Seated fairly quickly and waiter seemed attentive at first. By the way the seats are really crammed together. However, food came out cold and with a cream sauce that makes the food very bland... Nothing spectacular and pretty disappointing. Then came dessert, ordered 2 sampler size desserts to share and they took over 30 minutes to come out. When they did, the apple tart was so hard you couldn't cut it with a spoon. Managed to get a tiny piece to try and it was so badly burnt I had to spit it out. Took another 10 mins to get the waiter to our table and another 20 to get the dessert re-done. They did appoligize and comped the dessert but it was just a bad experience for a place I wanted to like SO BAD. Will not be coming back though.
- Good foodLove2danceDined on 11/12/2014The food was very good. My husband ordered a gluten free dish and the chef personally came out and talked with him about his food choices and received an excellent meal. The service was a bit slow but it was a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceExcellentDined on 11/11/2014First time experience at this restaurant and was quite pleased with the food and ambience. Will definitely come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicesLovinLyfe01Dined on 11/9/2014Maggianos is great a place of great food, wonderful staff, and a delicious dessert menu in an excellent location (Santana Row) The menu is very affordable with a variety of choices. The atmosphere is relaxed and kid friendly. A great place to get out to and enjoy with good friends / family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation + 30/45 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Made a reservation for 2 at 8pm on a Sat. and made the reservation about 4/5 days in advance. We arrived about 15 mins. early and checked in. Upon checking in we were told that we would have to wait an additional 30-45 mins. past our reservation because they were running behind. They were giving priority to groups coming in without a reservation which pushed peoples reservations back. We ordered an appetizer and a couple non-alcoholic drinks...we got the drinks a few minutes later and placed our food order. Our appetizer came out a couple minutes before our food. We specifically place our appetizer order first to avoid this...and you would think they would be conscious of the fact that people want their appetizers before their main food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsswepeazfamDined on 11/8/2014Small group for birthday celebration. Made reservation on opentable.com and was there 5 minutes early and checked in, however twenty minutes later still waiting for a table. This has happened on several occasions. It was a Saturday night. Lots of large parties. We ordered family style. They barely brought enough food to feed the table and so we had to reorder several times, which resulted in a longer wait to eat. The waiter was very attentive and handled multiple large parties very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Friday or Saturday nightDiningWithFamilyDined on 11/8/2014We had a 7 pm reservation for 5 people. We weren't seated until 7:50, even after offering to sit outside. The kitchen was very back up and it was so noisy you couldn't hear the person across the table. Our waiter did his best. And the food was terrific but the dining experience itself was ridiculous. We weren't out of there until 10pm. My 11 year old was literally falling asleep at the table and still the food didn't come. Never again.Special Features:
- service was excellentlocalgirlzDined on 11/8/2014Service was excellent....the table was cramped was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowwwwwwOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Very slow drink service. Don't think it was our server, but the bar staff. We ended up getting our drinks comped becaue they were so late.Special Features:
- Better than Olive Garden.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Food was ok. My wife had the wide noodles and thought they were dry. I had the shells with chicken and mushrooms, they were just ok. We made reservations and were seating immediately when we arrived.The waiter was attentive and very friendly. The last time I went here I had the veal and it was really good.Special Features:
- Maggianos For LunchLuvtodineoutDined on 11/6/2014Great luncheon experience. Service and food was excellent. Always order the Marco Luncheon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, but..GluttonyChopsDined on 11/3/2014Everything was just great, but what really didn't jive with me is the speed of the servers, they were just too fast, walking too fast, rushing the order, and even witnessed a lady being ran bumped into by a server! The environment and dim lighting is not ideal for waiters, servers, bussers to be running and rushing! The Filet Mignion was out of this world GOOD!Special Features:
- Delicious food great serviceJasiDined on 11/3/2014A great place to go for delicious Italian food, with great service. Everything from appetizers , entree to desert was excellent. Good place to go for company dinners. Consistently meets expectations..Special Features:
- Somewhat dissapointedibincaDined on 11/2/2014My choice of the Lobster pasta dish for $24.00 was dissapointing since the lobster was dry and cut up into tiny little pieces and the addition of parmesian cheese didn't help the taste at all (which I was hoping it would)Special Features:
- OpenTable gets you in!PrimoFoodDined on 11/1/2014Curious of the wait times at the restaurant after I had already reserved a table on short notice, I asked the Host/ess what the wait time was for the party size I requested. Over an hour and 15 minutes! The reservation got us in within 5 minutes of the target time, so I applaud the restaurant on keeping good for the estimate they provided. Very well rehearsed. This is a very acceptable spot to dine. It may seem busy, but I think it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedmac1Dined on 11/1/2014We arranged to go to Maggianos for a special birthday occasion. Despite pre-booking a table several days before we still had a wait time of at least 25 minutes. As always at the weekends the restaurant was busy, but in comparison to previous weekend visits the service was slow. It took some time (15 minutes) for our order to be taken. Our two children's meals were brought out to the table 15 minutes before our pasta and they had finished before we started eating. My husbands pasta dish when it did arrive, was cold but the thought of waiting for service and heating up was not an option. Having eaten at Maggianos before and enjoyed the experience, we were disappointed.Special Features:
- great foodlolo225Dined on 10/31/2014Wonderful food, we ate like kings. Server was friendly and timely. Had to wait about 15 mins for our reservation, but with a cocktail wasn't a.big deal. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very funLisaDined on 10/28/2014We had a wonderful meal with excellent service. It was my friend's birthday and they made it very special.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceluvitalianDined on 10/26/2014Always a great dining experience at Maggiano's in San Jose. Never disappointed and food is always fantastic. Nice ambience and would recommend Maggiano's San Jose to those wanting a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencerichmij27Dined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing, nothing special. Overall I thought it was wonderful, but my only complaint was how low the lighting was. I felt that I was surrounded by darknessSpecial Features:
- Dinner with friendsPearlofagirlDined on 10/25/2014dinner was very good. Value was great. Very enjoyable. We had a wonderful time. Waiter was wonderful except we got charged for 2wines we did not order, but found the problem and the waiter fixed it.Special Features:
- Nice place for parties...MR99Dined on 10/25/2014Service and food is generally good. I usually enjoy the Lobster Carbonara and my wife likes the seasonal butternut squash ravioli. My 5-yr-old usually doesn't eat a lot of meat, but she devoured the giant meatball.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We went here for our 3 year anniversary and it was out first time here the waiter was amazing the food was so good not a complaint in the world about maggianosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surprise celebrationPollyVIPDined on 10/24/2014I had reserved a table for 12 for a surprise birthday celebration. Called three times to ensure and specify that 10 would be coming at 7 and to please provide drinks and that I and the birthday boy would arrive at 7:30. I also brought the cake in at 6:00 again emphasizing the surprise and the two differnt times. Upon arriving with my fiancé at 7:30 for his surprise birthday dinner ( he expecting a dinner just with me since we met there at Maggiannos ) the hostess, who was one of the hostesses that was there to recieve the cake when I dropped it off 1 1/2 hrs later said - "your reservation was at 7 and everyone else is already here and waiting for you around the corner" - and pointed to the back room. So much for the surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerEat4FunDined on 10/24/2014We were hesitant to dine here because of all the complaints about waiting 45 minutes even with reservations. I took a chance but reserved earlier in the evening at 6:45. That seemed to work, as we were seated not long after. Probably after 7pm, it may be risky, even with reservations on a Fri or Sat. Anyways, our waiter was very considerate and attentive. My wife accidentally spilled her wine and he brought another one on the house. They didn't owe us that. The bus boy was helpful too by enlarging our table for more space and good water service. The only problem: the salads didn't arrive before the meal and when it did, there was no dressing. We took it to go. I couldn't believe we got another pasta dish for the next day. Great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special but good enough !ClaireDined on 10/24/2014As usual, it is good place to have business lunch ! No rush atmosphere make customers relax and quite enjoyable place to have chat with clients but friends and family too. I had a lunch this time with a client, was able to talk in nice and relaxing setting. Foods was good and brought to the table in good timing. Not to rush and not too slow. Servers checked our table time to time, and overall experience was great. Of course, this is not "special restaurant" since it is corporate own, operated but you can get good food with right price so what should I complain? Only the wish is if they offer "smaller portion" plates instead of offering "family style" all the time.Special Features:
- Stuck in the cornerYumyum1Dined on 10/23/2014Came to Maggiano's with relatives from Canada, and was disappointed with the experience. The restaurant was not busy at all, however we were seated in the back between the kitchen and the bussing station. We were also next to the entrance to the banquet rooms so there was constant traffic going by our table of other patrons. Our view from our booth was a dark corner where all the extra plates, utensils, olive oil, napkins, etc were. Since we were in the corner, it was very hard to get anyone's attention. We were seated for about 20 min before our server even approached us. May I add that I had to ask our bus girl to get our server for us in the beginning too cause we had been waiting so long. It was not a nice experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggianos For LunchLuvtodineoutDined on 10/22/2014My family and I celebrated my sister's 80 birthday at Maggiano's. My sister and I have eaten there before and she requested to have her birthday lunch there at the restaurant. It was the first time for 6 of my family members to eat at Maggianos. They were totally impressed and will return with their families. Service was excellent. The manager stopped by and visited several times to make sure we were well taken care of during our lunch. We had an excellent waitress who also was attentive during the entire lunch. Always loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's was greatSallyVIPDined on 10/21/2014The Maggiano's experience was fabulous. Our server, Lauren, was just incredible. She was great and answered all our questions and gave us outstanding service. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Maggiano's was recommended to me by a friend so I was looking forward to celebrating my birthday there with my family. The restaurant has a great ambiance. Our server may have been new? He did not have a pen to take our order and then disappeared for ten minutes. None of our glasses were refilled EVER or our bread basket. We were a large group. When our food did finally come it was a big disappointment. My veal Parma was very dry and the bowl of pasta was cold. My guest put a pat of butter on her plain pasta and it did not melt. I did notice that other tables were receiving much quicker and better service so this could have been a new server issue? The manager did take 30% off of our bill as a compensation.Special Features:
- Maggiano's Santana RowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014It was very busy and noisy that night, full of excitement and activity. Luckily we had reservations. So even though two items on Fall Menu, Roasted Pear Gorgonzola Bruschetta and Pumpkin Tiramisu, were delicious and tasty, the third item on Fall menu was not available as advertised (October 16-Nov 5th) Butternut Squash Ravioli per our waiter or misinformed by our waiter or miscommunicated to him during staff meeting. Initially I was so very excited to dine that night then later very disappointed that I could not order the on-the-house pasta during sit-down dinner and only later to discover upon my last-attempt request to persuade our waiter go and directly inquire with kitchen chef who confirmed that squash ravioli was indeed available.Special Features:
- It was okNotimpressed1Dined on 10/18/2014I've been here many times, but when I checked in for our reservations, they said their reservations are backed up. Whats the point of taking reservations if you can't honor the time.Special Features:
- Lite Menu is only a profit schemeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Ordered the light version of the Chicken Francese. Serving size was pathetic and did not have the full flavor of the regular version, yet we are paying the same price. I am not doing that again. Also, Chicken was overcooked and pasta bland. Service was nowhere to be seen. Had to ask twice for butter and for water refills. For took over 30 minutes to come out of the kitchen.
- Don't bothet making reservationsUnhappydinerDined on 10/17/2014I waited 1 hour for my table, there was plenty of tables open. My dinner took 90 minutes my server was friendly but didn't provide service I was constantly searching for herSpecial Features:
- disappointedsaddayDined on 10/17/2014Reservations 30 mins behind schedule after being seated waited an hour and never recieved our entrees Food looked great on other tables thoughSpecial Features:
- Don't bother with a reservationMattDined on 10/17/2014I don't have the opportunity to eat out much, with 2 little kids, my time is precious. So when Maggiano's was 45min late on their reservation time of 7:15pm AND once you got seated it took 30 min to even get a drink...my night was over. The only redeeming quality was the food and friends I was with. The food was good but not special and I certainly won't go again. Sad really, they have such a prime location. Maybe they figure they don't need good service...people will stay. Not this person.Special Features:
- Mediocre ExperienceK1P1Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived on time for our only to be told by the hostess it would be 1/2 hour until they could seat us. She delivered this message like it was standard practice & that overbooking was not out of the ordinary which appears to be true based on other reviews. We were seated 25 min. late ordered drinks but had to inquire before they were delivered. The calamari came out within 5 min. of ordering & appeared to have been frozen or pre-cooked & warmed up rather than freshly prepared. I ordered the 2for1 pasta & food was not hot enought & bland. The server was polite, attentive & upbeat. She inquired about our special occasion & brought cookies with candles for our b-day celebration. Nice touch to an overall mediocre experience.
- first time, but def not the lasthyoung7Dined on 10/17/2014Thus was my first time to Maggiano's and I absolutely loved it!! The food was delicious, and we got to take a whole entree home with us, too, which was just as tasty as at the restaurant. We'll keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.