Maggiano's - San Jose
3055 Olin Avenue, Suite 1000
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Jose
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 4084238973
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Please be advised that we do not accept reservations for patio/outdoor seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Grice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 408-423-9476 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - San Jose
Welcome to Maggiano's in San Jose, located at Santana Row, San Jose’s newly opened European-style shopping, dining & entertainment destination. Maggiano's 16,000 square-foot, 220-seat restaurant is ideal for group lunches, festive gatherings & romantic dinners for two. We specialize in serving lavish portions of authentic Italian-American cuisine served family-style. Our menu is large & varied, offering an extensive selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish & memorable desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Jose - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Maggiano's - San Jose reviews from OpenTable diners
438 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (262)special occasion (257)kid-friendly (140)great for lunch (127)romantic (111)fit for foodies (99)hot spot (79)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (68)vibrant bar scene (53)great for brunch (52)notable wine list (44)late-night find (25)scenic view (11)Show More
- Celebrating a retirementNanaClare49Dined on 8/24/2014Wonderful afternoon with the family. Waitress was excellent. Food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why reserve when same as walk-indisappointedSatDinerDined on 8/23/2014We have made reservations for 7:45pm on a Saturday night. When we got there, we needed to get in line to even check-in. Yes there was as line to tell the host that you're there for your reservations. And the line took 15min to get through! When you get to the front of the line, they tell you that you're not fully checked in until everyone of your party has arrived. When everyone of our parties arrived, they tell us we have to wait for another 15-20min. After 15min wait, they then tell us we have to wait for another 20min since people aren't leaving. Our reservations didn't mean anything as we didn't get to sit down until 1hr 15min after our reservations! The food was salty and the service was not good.
- Worst experience at a restauranttwopartyDined on 8/23/2014We (party of two) arrived at 6:20 for our 6:30 reservation. Found a long line to check in. Once completed, we waited in a very crammed, chaotic lobby. The line for the check in changed three times during our 40 minute wait. Several people stood in lines that didn't exist. Had we known the wait would be so long, we would have ordered a drink. Once seated, it took over 20 minutes to get said drink. Waiter didn't offer to get another until it was far too late to wait for another. The food was fair at best. Waiter was not trying nearly as hard as the others we saw rushing about. Despite all the rushing, it seemed everything took a long time. Sadly, I cannot support any of the hype I have heard. We won't be back.
- memoriesmlouDined on 8/23/2014Used to linger here over lunch while studying for classes in San Jose. Now I returned with whole family. They loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014my date and I waited to be seated 30 mins after reservation time.. Not impressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Our anniversary was made very special by the staff of Maggiano's. We will make it a point to go back when we are in San Jose next time.Special Features:
- A taste of Italy in San JoseLove2eatDined on 8/21/2014I have been to Maggiano's numerous times and the expected first rate service and friendly servers is consistent. The food is outstanding. The price is right and probably less expensive as other comparable restaurants. Overall for food, service and value, I rate Maggiano's a 12 star all the way.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant but long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014We made reservations ahead of time through open table, got to the restaurant 15 minutes early and ended up waiting 40 minutes, which is 25 minutes behind the reservation time. This is at 8:15 p.m. on a Wednesday. While waiting for our table, various people walked up to ask about wait time without reservations, they were told 45 minutes wait. I suppose that the reservation saved us 20 minutes, but still much longer than expected. The staff keeps telling us they have some tables ready but they are cleaning them up, but several groups were called up before us so this must be a common practice with the restaurant. 25 minutes beyond the reservation time and they never offered even a glass of water or acknowledged us during the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with moderate priceKhoaNguyenDined on 8/19/2014Went here with my family. Great service, plenty of good food with moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pasta was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Everyone enjoyed the pasta. Of course the now and later promo was a hit too. Great value.Special Features:
- Never got to tablebaleohayVIPDined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation for 6:30. Once arriving promptly and checking in the host said we'd have to wait for a table to clear. We expected 5 minutes. 20 minutes later there was no communication from anyone. My wife and I decided to leave. The line for the host was now out the door, it would have been another 10 minutes to tell them we were leaving. I received an unexpected text from the restaurant 30+minutes after our reservation time saying our table was ready. Very disapoinring.
- Prefect DinnerAalummoottilDined on 8/15/2014Went to celebrate Mom's bday. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Food tasted great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodfood4thoughtDined on 8/15/2014Overall it was a great dinner. The only drawback was that we were given a small table. I did mention kids and a highchair and because of the limited space there was a lot of knocking down water cups and limited placement for food. Waiter was great, but felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special but no complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Made a reservation for 14 a couple of weeks in advance. The day of, I stopped by a few hours prior to our time and was able to pre order our disshes etc. Price was fair for what we ordered. Dinner went off without issues but no real fireworks either. I would do it over again.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation and were seated 35 minutes late. Totally ignored by hostesses - had to check in repeatedly. At the table the waiter was rushed, gave me the wrong wine, my friend's wine didn't come til halfway through dinner - poor service all around
- Fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I hadn't been here in many years. The ambiance is very nice. The food is very good and it exceeded my expectations. That doesn't happen often. And the price is very reasonable. We ate off the Classics menu and got a second order to take home. What a deal.Special Features:
- Great EveningNancyKVDined on 8/11/2014Maggiano's accommodated my party of 12 very easily. Our waiter was very attentive, and as always, the food was great! Always dependable. Love Maggiano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLastSundayDined on 8/10/2014The service was quite slow.I was with my daughter and we know that kids are not so willing to wait but It took something around 50 minutes from the order until the food to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014We waited for more than 15 minutes before our server came to our table. She did not even know she was our server. A few more minutes and I would have walked out of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Too crowded and disorganizedBonjouramoDined on 8/9/2014I went here for my first date and even though we had reservations at 7pm, we weren't seated until 8pm. Very awkward for a first date....Special Features:
- Best Staff in TownSpecialEveningDined on 8/8/2014I took my friend to Maggiano's for her birthday. Our waiter was so attentive and made her feel very special. The food is always good, especially the pasta. We will return for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLisaZDined on 8/7/2014Been there many times and food and service are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It worked...JamesJSuttonDined on 8/7/2014It worked for a first date....but that is all I can really say. Nothing stood out.
- A good time at Maggiano'sMasakoVIPDined on 8/7/2014My party and I arrived at Maggiano's at 6:40pm for our 6:45 dinner reservation. Somehow they had our reservation down for 6:15, so our time had passed. I was disappointed, and showed them my 6:45 Open Table reservation confirmation on my iPhone. They asked us to wait. About 6:55 they showed us to a table. Other than that experience, the rest of the evening went well. Our calamari, chopped salad, chicken marsala, angel hair pasta with prawns were delicious. We even tried the strawberry peach spritzer which was good. Also, the service was superb. All in all, it was a good experience, and will return to Maggiano's in the near future.Special Features:
- Reliable upscale chainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014For a chain restaurant this is reliable and convenient. The service is good for a chain. The quality is decent. Volumes of food are on the high side, but family style serving allows one to order appropriately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome DinnerMitchTDined on 8/2/2014As usual Maggiano's does not disappoint. Our waiter was very attentive despite the very busy evening. Food was great and plentiful. I love Maggiano's!Special Features:
- Wonderful wait staff great foodGFmomDined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was friendly knowledgable and helpful. They sent someone over specially to accommodate my gluten issues (celiac disease). I had a great salmon and no issues so they must be careful in the kitchen. My husband LOVED the beef medallions and almost ordered a second to take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JBSweetsVIPDined on 8/2/2014I went here with my husband for my birthday dinner and had the best time. We've been here multiple times for occasions great and small - even having our engagement lunch here! Saturday night was wonderful and by far the best experience we've had here. Warren, our waiter, was so personable and very friendly. The manager, Shanji (I apologize for completely misspelling that), was very nice as well and kept checking on us. The kitchen had gotten a little backed up but we didn't notice as we were having fun just being out at dinner together.Special Features:
- Maggianos San Jose CATinkerDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Maggiano's many times, but this will probably be the last. One hour wait for our main course! Luckily we ordered an appetizer, but that didn't come in a timely manner either. The waiter kept telling us that the kitchen was behind. I ordered the pasta with meat sauce and meatball. My order came with no meat sauce, but I did get a meatball. We noticed that the restaurant wasn't as packed with people waiting to get in as it used to be. And what happened to the music!!! Used to listen to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra. That must be a thing of the past. Eating there was not a good experience. The waiter did have a clue as we got 20% off of our bill (without us saying a word to him). Would not recommend Maggiano's.
- Most excellent overall expirienceToddp2012Dined on 8/2/2014My expirience at Maggiano's was top notch. We were a party of 10 and we did the family dining for 28$ per person and it was more than worth it. The service, food, atmosphere were excellent. Your cup will most definitly run over at Maggiano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 hours to get our food.LenalenaDined on 8/2/2014Typically like this place but sat night was awful... Got there at 545 and didn't receive our drinks 650 and our food till 740. We had somewhere to be at 755 and had to cancel :-( I made special plans for my husbands birthday and couldn't go through with them. I was very sad.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner With FriendsDietzVIPDined on 8/1/2014Made reservations for a group of 10 for a "thank you" dinner for friends that have been helping us with a project. We had a great family style dinner - food was good, well paced and plentiful. The place was totally packed on a Friday evening so be sure to make a reservation and be prepared for crowds, however our table was in a semi-private dining room that was very pleasant. Our guests had a great time and felt "thanked" by us after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for celebrationROC94546Dined on 8/1/2014I had an award to give to my customer and his team. We were seated a large round table that was perfect for the occasion. Friendly fast and attentive service.Special Features:
- food tastingonemoretimeDined on 7/30/2014The food was good but lacking in sauce and sauce ingredients. Very little bleu cheese in salad, not enough sauce or capers in picatta sauce. Plenty of clams in sauce and desserts were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfriendlyfoodfriendlyDined on 7/30/2014Maggiano's is a great place for lunch or dinner. It is especially nice for groups with family style dining, but also very nice for smaller parties, too. Very nice clubby atmosphere inside with a lovely outside patio to enjoy people watching. Wonderful fresh food and service.Special Features:
- DisappointingBlankDined on 7/27/2014The review is for the food not our server "Chuck" who was great. Started with the calamari which was soft rather than crispy. To follow I had the lobster carbonara and the Maggiano's side salad. The bacon on the salad was so hard it was crunchy and at one point I thought there must be a piece of plastic in my food which, when I spat it out, turned out to be bacon. My carbonara was a mound of creamy pasta with lobster only on top of it and not mixed through and my husband's sausage pasta dish didn't really have any kind of sauce and was all watery. When I made the reservation I said it was for our anniversary but no one said anything until they saw us opening our cards, then they brought us some lemon cookies. The gesture was appreciated.
- So sokiloriderVIPDined on 7/27/2014Tomato soup is very salty. the script scampi didn't have much favor and the shrimp was mushy. Even the chucks of garlic didn't have much favor - must of have been canned garlic.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnermizDDined on 7/26/2014This would be my 4th time at Maggiano's all I can say is that if you want good Italian food this it but you may need to be patient for a table I do recommend making reservations ahead of time! Unfortunately for me the hostess not soo friendly idk maybe too much pressure to welcome me as a guest and others & accomadate on a busy evening or my luck of receiving their mood swings day of. However what makes up for that would be the wait staff: very friendly, hospital welcoming and attentive on point every single time I have been here! Our waiter was very attentive, infomative and cheerful despite the busy over booked dinner accomdations. He made sure he didn't forget about us made us feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBillyMacDined on 7/26/2014Maggiano's has turned into a "Go-to" option for any occasion. They have never failed us yet. The Santana Row location is a lot of fun with the vibrant surroundings, but every location delivers the same delicious menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow!Guests10Dined on 7/26/2014We had reservation and still had to wait to be seated for an hour!!! Got appetizers after another hour of waiting. Spent there 4 hours - it was way over our expectation. The longest "dinner" each of us ever had. We will have to look for another place next time, sorry guys- you need to speed up!Special Features: