Maggiano's - San Antonio
17603 Interstate I-10 W
San Antonio, TX 78257Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 2104516000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Pineda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Maggiano's - San Antonio
Maggiano's Little Italy is a classic Italian-American cuisine that proudly carries forward this tradition of sharing, combining it with the distinctive warmth and inviting neighborhood feel of our restaurants. Maggiano's is your everyday, neighborhood joint. Where you can relax, unwind, & be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Maggiano's - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)good for groups (101)romantic (75)kid-friendly (54)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (37)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (18)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had out if town relatives in and they were impressed with food and service. My only complaint is we ordered Pinot Nior and it was served warm. Pinot is supposed to be served at 55*. This restaurant is large enough to have wine frig. How do they not know this?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love maggianos!njwauDined on 10/16/2014We go to Maggiano's every couple of months for late lunch or dinner, and several special occasions - it is consistently good food and good service. Love the take home pasta!Special Features:
- consistentGenieVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service is always consistently great. This time there was something floating in my wine which I did not realize until I already took a sip. They replaced it but i thought it would have been nice to comp it or a dessert or something. They thought it was part of a cucumber from another drink!?? We tried the fried zucchini for the first time. It was spectacular although the portion size was way too big for 2 people. I wish they had smaller portions. The ziti was great, always great. I recommend this place to everyone. They were slammed; it was Friday night and the wait for walk ins was over an hour and 20 minutes. We did not have to wait more than 10 minutes because of open table! Thank you!!!!!
- Great Food Beautiful RestaurantWatergiverDined on 10/11/2014Maggianos is definately one of the best and most popular places to eat in San Antonio. The food and furnishing of the restaurant are really, really good. It is obviously extremely popular which meant it was so noisy even the waiters had trouble hearing. We will certainly go back, but we wil choose a quieter time than 7:30 on a Saturday night. Making the reservation on line was very easy.Special Features:
- Best Italian in San AntonioMLASADined on 10/11/2014Best Italian in San Antonio. Real ingredients and generous portions. The food is fresh and not frozen before service. Each waiter is prompt, polite, and makes an effort to give the customers a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left satisfiedSatisfiedCustomerDined on 10/10/2014Great food. Great place. Great prices. You leave satisfied with leftover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpalDined on 10/5/2014Great service, great food. Host and staff are always very cheerful and friendly. Food is always very good, served promptly. They cater to any request. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was good, not outstanding. We had to wait 20 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. A bit over priced for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very noisy on Sat pmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Parking was congested & it was difficult to visit as noise level very high that evening. Great offer of buy one get 1 to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Our server was great and very courteous. The lasagna was great and gnocchi soup was tasteful. I can't wait to visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time opiniondatenightersDined on 9/30/2014Took my wife here for Anniversary dinner. Glad to have made a reservation as it was busy. Walked in and was at our table within 3 minutes. Staff was very friendly and manager stopped by table to check on us and wish us a happy anniversary. Food was very good...veal marsala and veal parmisiana are both healthy size portions. Great Italian food for a chain. Would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Tried to fing good Italian food for some time- this blew me away. Very different than other Restaurants in TX. Better! Except the sage in the meatballs. . Not my thing. I will always go back on special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbelievablediet4foodDined on 9/30/2014The food was outstanding especially the family meal options they offer! Definitely one of the best if not the best Italian restaurants in San Antonio and they work with any modifications we need wanted for the food. Our waitress Samantha was the best waitress I have ever had at any restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasLeeDined on 9/29/2014We had really good food and really good service. I really like Maggiano's on a weekday! They even brought us some new dishes just to try out at no charge.Special Features:
- EvieDined on 9/28/2014I can not say enough. This restaurant is what every restaurant should be. The food is great. The wait staff is excellent. They go out of their way to make your dining experience the best. Will continue to go there.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedFamilyOfThreeVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's hard to beat the portions and value at Magianno's. What might be a surprise is that the food is actually very good here too. As opposed to Buca di Beppo or similar places, where it seems like the focus is more on portion size than taste. My baked ziti came with another complete spaghetti and meatball meal "for tomorrow", for a total of $13. Drinks were good. Service, even in the bar, was excellent, and dessert was very tasty. For a chain, Magianno's is pretty darn good.Special Features:
- Consistency PlusamydennisfavDined on 9/27/2014Though we have dined at Maggiano's several times during the past year, we are always drawn back because of the changing menu, excellent service, upscale "at home" ambiance, and ALWAYS, we are greeted like we are family and THANKED for our visit. Maggiano's is run exactly like I would run a restaurant except for the fact that I can't come close to the way they prepare food! The dishes, (we try a new one each visit) have NEVER failed to thrill our taste buds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueRomanticdineDined on 9/26/2014Extremely good food at very reasonable prices paired with great service...what else is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EverHappinessDined on 9/26/2014We started with Calamari, which was perfectly crispy and seasoned just right. I had the lighter side Chicken Frances on the recommendation of our Server and my Husband had the Shrimp Scampi. We were equally impressed with the perfect preparation and the wealth of flavors in our selections. We finished our meal with the sky high chocolate cake, which was really rich and delicious. I can't compliment the meal enough. There wasn't a single missed step. One of the best meals I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodeatsoutfrequentlyDined on 9/25/2014it had been a long time since we at at Maggiano's, as a matter of fact several years ago in the DC area. We were very pleased with the food. It tasted and looked as we had remembered it. Although it's loud and close quarters, it was good NE style Italian food. We plan to eat here more often.Special Features:
- AuthenticloveitalianDined on 9/22/2014Looking for all homemade taste at a great price. This is the place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My To Go PlaceCoryDined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite spot. Like the NFL, can't be beat. Took my daughter-in-law for her b'day. Thanks Eddie, you're the best.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Every time I come here I am blown away by the value of this place . Definitely highly recommended. The place gets packed though so make sure to make a reservation first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Didn't enjoy my time here. It was very loud. Service was not the best. Very expensive. They throw things at us without telling us it was extra money.Special Features:
- Great ServiceJerryDined on 9/19/2014We made a reservation and arrived 15 minutes early. We were taken to our table and greeted by staff members. This was all accomplished within five minutes of walking in the door on a Friday night! This place is the tops..Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014The new lite dishes are great if you like good food and still want to keep your figure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slightly disappointedluv2dineDined on 9/14/2014While my server was great and the food was amazing as well, I was disappointed when I walked in I was never spoken too nor welcomed. The host never bothered to ask me if I had a reservation for the evening. It was my wedding anniversary and yet he never bother and simply rushed us to a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's feedbackOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Great food overall but not too many staff to help you in a timely manner. Other than that it's good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you say Specialty?TommyDined on 9/8/2014Always a pleasure when visiting our Maggianos restaurant . The food, the service, the ambiance, and the overall experience is truly dining in a wonderful environment. And the people who work there are very special too! That is what specialty means to us. We started at the Maggianos in Houston and we ended up having the classy restaurant in San Antonio,TX, So to sum up your restaurant in one word. Well that has to be " Classy". Fits my wife's bill perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome waitstaffoldmanbellVIPDined on 9/7/2014Six seniors wanting special treatment: separate checks, splitting meals, etc., etc. Our waiter (name forgotten unfortunately) stepped up to the task and could not have possibly been better for each of us. We could have felt guilty asking him for take home packaging, this and that... he took it all in stride. The food was excellent, but sometimes the waitstaff is really where the difference can be.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerTeeFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Dinner started off a little disappointing due to our request for a booth being denied. It was my Boyfriends first time dinner at Maggiano's. Once the food arrive, a smile on his face appeared. He loved the food and the atmosphere. Very impressed with m selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Had a confirmed online reservation for 8 pm, upon arrival at the restaurant, was informed the wait will be 30 minutes or longer. When we told the hostess this was unacceptable, she immediately asked if we would like to speak to the manager and we accepted. The manager was apologetic and accomodating, he delivered on his promise that the wait should not be more than 10 minutes. He explained that due to the inclement weather, some of the paid diners were not vacating their tables, which in turn delayed our seating. I thought both the hostess and manager handled themselves professionally.Special Features:
- What A Waste of My EveningRunawayDined on 9/6/2014Where do I start. Perhaps at the hostess station where it took three attempts to spell my last name correctly - it's only four letters long! My reservation, well it's not really a "reservation" because they just worked us in. While we waited 25 minutes to be seated we got to enjoy an $11 dollar glass of Cab which was bottled yesterday and served to us by a waitress who must have been leaving for the night because the bill showed up ten miutes before the wine. When we did get seated we got to sit two tables from the kitchen and when I asked for a better seat (it was my wedding anniversary for petes sake) we were moved two tables up and got to enjoy the the waiters station. Running out of space, food was marginal. Only good thing was waiter.Special Features:
- top notchHighstandardsDined on 9/6/2014I always enjoy eating here the food and service are outstanding and a good value, and the bar staff make a great martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's taste of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding food, service, atmosphere, and price. The food was cooked to perfection and the taste was as if your were eating at a restaurant in Italy. I will definitely be returning so I can try a different dish and recommend this to anyone who loves Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food...sub par serviceluv2eat07Dined on 9/3/2014Waitress ignored us the entire time we were there. When she would happen to come to the table she would just be passing and never face us when she would talk to us. She poured my water with glass still on table and it was too far for her so she got water every where. When we needed something we had to find any server passing and ask for things like more water or tea. My moms food wasn't what she ordered and had to wait forever to tell the waitress because she was no where to be found. She never asked if we wanted to order dessert. ..and it was my birthday :( we just left.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnertaina4Dined on 9/2/2014Great service got lemon cookies as anniversary gift..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2014Always great food and service. We can't wait to try you new light menu. Thought the pasta class for kids was a great idea.Special Features:
- RelaxingMimosaMamma115Dined on 8/31/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. Huge portions,enough to share. Hubby had chicken Marsala and I decided on Linguine de Mare. We were sharing, however, hubby ended up taking his for lunch and we ate my dish because it was so flavorful. We still had leftovers. Martinis were good and our waiter was awesome. He was busy, but we never felt neglected. I would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Food was amazing as always, service was surprisingly off tonight, it appeared that the staff was short handed, but all in all a good eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.