Maggiano's - San Antonio
17603 Interstate I-10 W
San Antonio, TX 78257Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (210) 451-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Pineda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Maggiano's - San Antonio
Maggiano's Little Italy is a classic Italian-American cuisine that proudly carries forward this tradition of sharing, combining it with the distinctive warmth and inviting neighborhood feel of our restaurants. Maggiano's is your everyday, neighborhood joint. Where you can relax, unwind, & be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
Maggiano's - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)good for groups (107)romantic (79)fit for foodies (59)kid-friendly (45)great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (42)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (18)late-night find (15)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great food and service.DanielPDined on 11/19/2014The service is always outstanding and the food is so good! Everything I've had there is fantastic. The tiramisu is easily the best I've had at a chain restaurant. The price is hard to beat for a dinner for two - $40 for 2 salads, 2 meals, a desert to share, AND 2 more meals to take home. (With bread and olive oil in the restaurant, too.) If you compare to other, similar restaurants (ie other Italian restaurants) you'd be paying $14+ per meal and potentially paying for a dessert, but with Maggiano's you also have a meal for the next night or work the next day. The atmosphere is great and the food is too. Great place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and amazing food, as always.deinonychusDined on 11/18/2014We go to Maggiano's for most of our special celebrations. It's a fancy atmosphere without being snooty. And the staff treats you like you are a star. Always have incredible service and a plentiful amount of delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A San Antonio FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Maggiano's Little Italy is an excellent place for couples looking for a quality dining experience. An authentic menu, wine selection and we appreciated the adult atmosphere that was screaming-child free. Sauces are excellent and the fresh pasta superb. It's a "Claire and Dave's" favorite San Antonio spot. You will look forward to your "next time" too. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's where our family celebratesSharp5Dined on 11/8/2014Reservations are a must for this popular place. The matrade knows us and is always welcoming. Josh is our favorite waiter. Everything on the menu is fabulous. When ordering family style, the food keeps coming and we always have leftovers. They are great for catering also!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent experience as expectedMnSSeafoodFanDined on 11/7/2014We visit Maggiano's about once a quarter, but we have come to have consistent, good experiences every time. This was no different. The food was excellent, and our waitstaff was particularly attentive. The birthday surprise was a welcome gift, and overall we were quite pleased. The only issue we ran into was a man at the table next to us who was talking quite boastfully, and as he consumed more wine, he only got louder. Otherwise, everything went as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SettinglunchmanDined on 11/7/2014Very nice place to go on a date and get away. Also nice surprise to pick a lunch special and get a second one free to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome-nessGenieVIPDined on 11/6/2014This place is so good, so consistent and a great value for your money. That is especially true if you order the buy one/take one entree. You can eat for 2 days! Eddie, the host, is SUCH A DOLL. He is so sweet, personable and really makes sure each and every guest feels special. I don't know any other host in any other restaurant in this entire city that you can say that about. He is ALWAYS cool and collected, even when there is a 2 hour wait. Please give our love to Eddie.
- Nice dinnerBOBODined on 11/3/2014Love their 2 for 1 specials. Good for families on a budgetSpecial Features:
- Food and FunSaxmanDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated a birthday and the great food choices and festive atmosphere made for a real party experience. We loved the take home entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robert MPleasedFatherDined on 11/1/2014Took my kids for a birthday dinner and everything was fine until our waiter mistakenly brought the birthday girl the wrong dish which left her to wait while we ate slowly to try and wait for her food but it took a while and killed the night.Special Features:
- Great ServiceChartHouseMay24thDined on 10/31/2014Really enjoyed the evening. Our server really went out of her way to make us feel like we were special to her! The food came out hot and just like we ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerVatrahakiDined on 10/28/2014Spent my daughter's 5th bday dinner here with her best friend. We had a great celebration! Our waiter made excellent wine and food recommendations. We enjoyed every minute and we will happily return in the future.Special Features:
- Another great eventnjwauDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed great food and service during recent birthday celebration (7 people attended).Special Features:
- Maggiano - Not very good foodSheriNSADined on 10/25/2014Maggiano's is a beautiful restaurant. It is always impeccably clean and has a great lively atmosphere. The bar area is crowded and they have a nice patio to sit outside. There is always a wait to get a table and it gets really crowded. Personally, I do not understand why. Almost all of the dishes on the menu are covered in cream or have red meat in them. Very little choices for people who try to eat healthy. The marinara sauce is flavorless and has too much salt. I thought the food was pre-made and frozen like Olive Garden but was shocked when I researched it and found out it was made to order because it tastes frozen.Special Features:
- Wonderful Lighter TakesRobngilDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I have been searching for a nice restaurant that offered healthy food and we finally found it! The lighter takes were amazing and also provided a large enough serving but that allowed us to only ate half and take the other half home! That made even fewer calories! The flavor was excellent! We'll be back to try some of the others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favorite!LMRinSADined on 10/25/2014Whenever we are celebrating a family birthday, good grades or other "big" family events, this is always the first choice. The food is always good, the atmosphere encourages the children to get dressed up, and the service is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I did not like the setup of tables, it's overcrowded, two different waiters bumped in my arm while I was having dinner and same for my husband.
- FABULOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014After living in Europe for 3 yrs and being near Italy and enjoying TRUE Italian fare, I was really hesitant in eating at "any" American Italian foods....I was told about Maggiano's and now my husband and daughter LOVES this place. We have been back here twice and there is no way we will ever go back to Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden...this place is truly the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceLisaGofSADined on 10/25/2014My husband and I visited Maggiano's San Antonio on Oct. 25th for a dinner celebrating my birthday. Our waitress (Cecee? I'm sure I'm not spelling correctly!) was very personable and attentive. She said she hadn't been working there long, but you couldn't tell by her service. The food was delicious and plentiful...I had the Lighter Take Chicken Picatta and hubby had Rigatoni D. We both took half of it with us. Our waitress surprised us with complimentary "Happy Birthday!" dessert - a scrumptious, sweet ending to our meal! Maggiano's has always been a favorite restaurant of ours, but we seem to like it more each time! Can't wait for next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicesuegDined on 10/24/2014Although we had two servers , we hardly saw them. It started from the moment we sat down. Waited almost 10 minutes for someone to even come and take our drink order. The servings are huge and my husband and I decided to order individual salads and share an entree. I hope the server didn't think we would be cheap on our tip since we were sharing. I tip good service. Our food was served and we never saw either server again till we were on our last bite. He was there to refill our water finally even though my husbands glass had been empty for quite some time. My husband made a comment about it was a little late to be filling our glasses and the server didn't get it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We treated two friends to lunch in honor of their 26th wedding anniversary. They thoroughly enjoyed it especially the celebratory treat at the end of the meal. The food was great as we anticipated it would be. There were a couple of things that should be mentioned. I had to ask the server several times for water without ice and finally after the third request he remembered, Secondly, he assumed we wanted the same fare for take out as the lunch item. He had the meals boxed and ready to go before asking our preference. On a previous visit, the server asked what we preferred to take home. The choice offered a different option to consider for future visits. We look forward to another fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local favoriteNewlyVIPDined on 10/21/2014Always one of our go to places when we're in the mood for Italian. Had friends visiting and it didn't disappoint. Dinner service was a little slower than normal - the restaurant was packed and there was a private party as well. Patrick, the manager, came by and apologized for the slow service. No problem, dinner was great.Special Features:
- very good Italian - American foodRosinaRosaDined on 10/19/2014I have been to this restuarant in the Chicago area and knew it served very good Italian food. I say it is Italian- American because it is very similar to the food served in my household , southern Italian fare. ( Calabria ). No fancy gourmet food, but actual real food. Delicious and I am picky about my Italian food! Wonderful ambience and service, top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Sinatra have put up with thisMaggianoGardenDined on 10/18/2014This was not our first outing to Maggiano's San Antonio. That being the case I wanted to surprise my wife with a nice dinner after a movie since we are rarely able to have a night out. I was able to secure reservation online which made things a little easy. We were promptly seating by the wonderful host. Our waitress seemed a bit disappointed with our plain drink order, diet coke and water (we have a 45 minute drive home), but we promptly received our appetizer, delicious. Our on the house entree orders were improperly filled. My wife's main entree was not filled properly and my take home order was not properly filled. My wife had asked for fresh Parmesan cheese which never arrived and our drinks were never refilled. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had out if town relatives in and they were impressed with food and service. My only complaint is we ordered Pinot Nior and it was served warm. Pinot is supposed to be served at 55*. This restaurant is large enough to have wine frig. How do they not know this?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love maggianos!njwauDined on 10/16/2014We go to Maggiano's every couple of months for late lunch or dinner, and several special occasions - it is consistently good food and good service. Love the take home pasta!Special Features:
- consistentGenieVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service is always consistently great. This time there was something floating in my wine which I did not realize until I already took a sip. They replaced it but i thought it would have been nice to comp it or a dessert or something. They thought it was part of a cucumber from another drink!?? We tried the fried zucchini for the first time. It was spectacular although the portion size was way too big for 2 people. I wish they had smaller portions. The ziti was great, always great. I recommend this place to everyone. They were slammed; it was Friday night and the wait for walk ins was over an hour and 20 minutes. We did not have to wait more than 10 minutes because of open table! Thank you!!!!!
- Great Food Beautiful RestaurantWatergiverDined on 10/11/2014Maggianos is definately one of the best and most popular places to eat in San Antonio. The food and furnishing of the restaurant are really, really good. It is obviously extremely popular which meant it was so noisy even the waiters had trouble hearing. We will certainly go back, but we wil choose a quieter time than 7:30 on a Saturday night. Making the reservation on line was very easy.Special Features:
- Best Italian in San AntonioMLASADined on 10/11/2014Best Italian in San Antonio. Real ingredients and generous portions. The food is fresh and not frozen before service. Each waiter is prompt, polite, and makes an effort to give the customers a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left satisfiedSatisfiedCustomerDined on 10/10/2014Great food. Great place. Great prices. You leave satisfied with leftover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpalDined on 10/5/2014Great service, great food. Host and staff are always very cheerful and friendly. Food is always very good, served promptly. They cater to any request. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The food was good, not outstanding. We had to wait 20 minutes for a table even though we had a reservation. A bit over priced for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very noisy on Sat pmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Parking was congested & it was difficult to visit as noise level very high that evening. Great offer of buy one get 1 to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Our server was great and very courteous. The lasagna was great and gnocchi soup was tasteful. I can't wait to visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time opiniondatenightersDined on 9/30/2014Took my wife here for Anniversary dinner. Glad to have made a reservation as it was busy. Walked in and was at our table within 3 minutes. Staff was very friendly and manager stopped by table to check on us and wish us a happy anniversary. Food was very good...veal marsala and veal parmisiana are both healthy size portions. Great Italian food for a chain. Would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Tried to fing good Italian food for some time- this blew me away. Very different than other Restaurants in TX. Better! Except the sage in the meatballs. . Not my thing. I will always go back on special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbelievablediet4foodDined on 9/30/2014The food was outstanding especially the family meal options they offer! Definitely one of the best if not the best Italian restaurants in San Antonio and they work with any modifications we need wanted for the food. Our waitress Samantha was the best waitress I have ever had at any restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasLeeDined on 9/29/2014We had really good food and really good service. I really like Maggiano's on a weekday! They even brought us some new dishes just to try out at no charge.Special Features:
- EvieDined on 9/28/2014I can not say enough. This restaurant is what every restaurant should be. The food is great. The wait staff is excellent. They go out of their way to make your dining experience the best. Will continue to go there.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedFamilyOfThreeVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's hard to beat the portions and value at Magianno's. What might be a surprise is that the food is actually very good here too. As opposed to Buca di Beppo or similar places, where it seems like the focus is more on portion size than taste. My baked ziti came with another complete spaghetti and meatball meal "for tomorrow", for a total of $13. Drinks were good. Service, even in the bar, was excellent, and dessert was very tasty. For a chain, Magianno's is pretty darn good.Special Features: