Maggiano's - Richmond
11800 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (804) 253-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ron Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 804-253-0920 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Richmond
Welcome to Maggiano’s Little Italy in Richmond! We are located at 11800 West Broad Street in Short Pump Mall. Our 400-seat dining room is ideal for group meals, festive gatherings and romantic lunches or dinners for two. Maggiano’s specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Southern Italian cuisine served in a vibrant dining room. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts. Dine family style or a la carte – either way, you’ll love our large portions of Southern Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Maggiano's - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)good for groups (160)romantic (85)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (57)great for lunch (53)kid-friendly (45)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (29)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- Busy but DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The restaurant was pretty busy that night but they seated us at our reservation time, even though they thought we were a party of 5 but we had reservations for two. It was my boyfriend's birthday and I told the waitress this, but she proceeded to ask us 2 more times if it was a special occasion. I got the Tilapia and it was pretty good, my boyfriend got the sausage gnocchi and didn't care for it. The restaurant itself had a nice ambiance. I wish I had known about the upstairs seating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good to be at Maggiano's!LewLewDined on 11/21/2014I enjoyed my visit to Maggiano's. I would just perfer not to sit by the window on my next visit. it was really cold. Our waitress could have been a tad bit more friendlier. It was as if we were asking too many questions and she answered as if we should have already known the answers to our questions. Other than those two things, I will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great time at Maggianno's!PatrickDined on 11/21/2014Great tasting food as always. Maggianno's Lighter Take dishes are lower calorie and a bit healthier without sacrificing taste. I had the Lighter Take Veal Marsala and it was delicious. Our server was very friendly and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the BOGO specials!diamondgroupVIPDined on 11/21/2014Food is always good - service was slow this time because of a large group of kids but you can't beat the BOGO to take home deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Italian food!DatingafoodieDined on 11/19/2014We love Maggiano's for their great Italian food and hearty servings. The take home portions included with most entrees is a huge plus. I'm also a fan of their Sangria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KrisDined on 11/19/2014I have heard about this restaurant for years. I finally decided to go and I couldn't be more happy with the entire experience. Our server was very nice, knew the entire menu, very helpful with helping me choose a wine. The food was EXCELLENT. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1dinerVIPDined on 11/16/2014Outstanding food. Manager made up for it with on the house dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGManDined on 11/15/2014An evening to celebrate my wife's special accomplishment , The evening started with having to wait about 30 minutes beyond our requested reservation time. I requested a table away from doors, with low traffic, etc. In addtion to web site request, I called and spoke with a Hostess on Friday to ensure a nice table setting for our event. Thus our table was positioned with my back to the outdoor patio,fortunately not used very much as the outdoor seating was closed due to weather, but with a wait station next to the door. I cannot tell you how many times I was bumped in the back by the wait staff. Service, was lacking as another couple who joined us were served their salads while we waited for our appetizer, our meals were lackluster, as my linguini di mare had very little flavor, I tasted my wife's Chicken Marsala and we were disappointed.Finally, when we ordered our desert, we were informed afterwards we would have to wait as they were working on the Tirmisu. I would have to say the best part of the meal was the appetizer.
- Great prerace location.soupwomanDined on 11/14/2014Always accommodating. Great staff. Have food allergies, so I am high maintenance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch wine deliveryGoresDined on 11/14/2014I go here for special occasions often and dined with a group of 5. We ordered the Light Family Style and were told they are changing that plan in December. Our issue happened when we ordered a bottle of 36 dollar wine and when it was served, the waiter didn't showcase the bottle and ask for a taste to double check that's what we wanted. The wine was great so we ordered a new one. At bill time, we discovered the wine was not what we ordered because it was 65 dollars a bottle. We were there for a lunch with friends and would never have spent that much in wine. Insist insist the servers show you the bottle when they first bring it. Great food as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday LunchLaraDined on 11/14/2014Maggiano's never disappoints. The waiter was attentive, the food was divine, and the atmosphere makes me feel like I'm back in NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerPamRVIPDined on 11/13/2014We celebrated my friend's birthday with chicken piccata and a chicken/fettuccine dish with eggplant to take home. My friend also had a garden salad that was fresh and plentiful. Since it was my friend's birthday and we did not order dessert, our waitress was gracious to bring us some sweet cookies and a strawberry with 2 candles in it. It was a wonderful meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than stellar the last timetamoshanterDined on 11/9/2014we have gone to Maggiano's annually, usually to celebrate a birthday or special occasion. we get the family dinner, which in the past has always been excellent - everyone gets what they want, shares, and plenty of it in good quantity and quality. however, this last time, although the food and ambience was good, service was much slower than before. not sure if it was the fault of our server - he was very attentive, helpful and courteous. however, when we ordered extra food, it came at a VERRRRY long and slow wait. in the past, our extra orders would come in 10 minutes or so - not unreasonable, given the business of the place.Special Features:
- mikeDined on 11/8/2014staff and food were excellent. this my family's favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014It was my birthday and I wanted to celebrate with good food. I absolutely LOVE the Zucchini Frite appetizer. My parents, who are elderly and very particular about certain things such as price of items, the food itself and all that entails, were in their usual form. The waiter was very patient with them, answering all of their questions and even repeated several things for them so that they understood. I was very thankful for that. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very comfortable. The staff was courteous, polite and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The gluten free food is great. ''XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsssxsssxxxxssssssssssSpecial Features:
- Excellent!gratefulDined on 11/7/2014The food is usually good but tonight the service made the experience excellent! Anthony is the best server we have had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good food!diamondgroupVIPDined on 11/7/2014We always have a good meal - one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy your great food & great service!!SanFranDinerDined on 11/7/2014We are from San Francisco, noted for it's excellent restaurants, Your Italian food compares with the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodPamRVIPDined on 11/4/2014We had the buy one take one home meals and enjoyed the ones we ate there and will also enjoy the ones we took home. The service was prompt and personal as always. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014This was not our best Maggiano's experience--and it was supposed to be a special "reward" dinner for our grandchildren's recent report cards. We were seated at a table next to the main aisle where there was constant traffic and servers moving with lots of food--when we asked before being seated for a booth, we were told there was not a booth for 6 available. There were two empty booths facing our table which could have comfortably held the four adults and two children when we were seated--but we were seated at the busy table where the server had to reach over everyone to serve the food. The food was delicious, as always, and the service was good--but our table (even with advance reservations) was less than desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmmeachamDined on 10/28/2014We had an amazing young man as our waiter. The food was outstanding and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Birthday SurpriseCutieFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Everything was great with the exception of the wait time. From the time that our orders were taken, it was exactly 50 minutes befor our appetizers arrived. When ee inquired we were told, "it's coming". The server was great and our experience with her made up for the wait time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine and Unwind after shoppingIrisheyes826VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had decided to stop for dinner after an afternoon of shopping at the Short Pump Mall. Maggiano's has a great wine list and their new lighter menu is a wonderful option for anyone looking for great tasting meals without the calories. Our waiter was great - very attentive - wine was great as well. We definatley recommend dining at Maggiano's. The other benefit if you get one of their special pasta entrees is you eat one there and choose another one to take home....so another evening meal without cooking is a great benefit!!Special Features:
- Always goodMarkDined on 10/25/2014Consistently good food and service. I like the "Lighter Manu" they recently added.Special Features:
- good serviceeyeluv2eatDined on 10/25/2014We sat upstairs and had pleasant, attentive service. When the music was loud, our server had it lowered without being asked! Pacing was perfect! As always, food was plentiful and pasta and main courses hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!diamondgroupVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food is always good and there are some very reasonable choices as well with a B1G1 free to take home items! The tilapia topped with lobster was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionstckMerlynDined on 10/25/2014I made sure to mark that we were celebrating two special birthdays and they were not recognized at all. Very disappointing. Service and food were good. Desserts were great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usual!Sk8rstefDined on 10/24/2014We went on a Friday night, and though the restaurant was busy we has great service and great food, which is what I've come to expect from here. I tried one of the new "lighter fare" menu options, and it was still very flavorful. And their buy one, take one home deal is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Ash123Dined on 10/24/2014Great service and food was amazing! We went for dinner and we were pleasantly surprised how yummy the food was and how accurate our server was. Great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialSuzieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our dining experience is what you would expect from a chain. Nothing special.
- Lackluster serviceFanofFoodVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food is always great here, but on my last visit the service was less than to be desired. Our waitress was not the friendliest, but she tried to pretend.....I wasn't fooled! I wish I could remember her name, but that like this last trip to Maggiano's is quite forgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining!!!DottieDined on 10/19/2014I order the grilled salmon, excellent choice. I am still relishing it in my thoughts!!Special Features:
- Too crowdedMaraDined on 10/18/2014We love the quality of the food but... We had reservations for 6:15. We were not seated until 7:05! I finally asked if there was a problem and the hostess said she had us down as being seated already. Not cool. The staff was overworked and seemed to barely have control. I am thankful for our waiter though. He was attentive. I think I will avoid the 6-8:00 dinner hours and Homecoming/prom evenings! (We quickly learned It was homecoming for several area high schools.) The prices are too high to have to put up with silly mistakes that occurred during our visit. Hopefully next time will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with wifebillandalDined on 10/15/2014We try to visit Maggiano's 2 to 3 times a year. It would probably be more often but it is an hour drive each way. As usual everything about dinner was great. We started with a delicious salad which was big enough to share. I ordered a new pasta dish with Italian chicken sausage while my wife ordered Mom's lasagna. Both entrees arrived quickly and were very tasty. In addition we got to take home another entrée. Overall a fantastic value. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food warm atmosphereFiroozDined on 10/11/2014The food is always ver good. We selected the family style (the middle one), the appetizer are always better than the main course. One of our food selection was pepper steak which was not as good as expected.Special Features:
- Turning into Olive GardenAngieDined on 10/11/2014I used to think this was an excellent restaurant for a chain -but, my opinion has changed. Service was only fair; but it was a busy Sat. night. We did get in on time -- with reservations. The food was the let down. The Maggiano salad was flavorless, except for the little blue cheese, and the lettuce was limp, not crisp at all. Very disappointing. The lobster carbonara that I got for my entrée was also poorly executed -- way too much bacon so that was the only flavor I could taste. The lobster was mealy and flavorless. The desserts were good, but, the cappuccino was not drinkable -- but had to flag down a hostess to finally get sweetener for it, and by then dessert was gone.
- over60Dined on 10/11/2014We were there at a very busy time, Saturday evening. The hostess and waiter made us feel extremely welcome and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- jdk1980Dined on 10/10/2014Lots of vegetarian choices, much better quality than many 'chain' restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Great pricesFoodieDined on 10/9/2014I went for my birthday lunch with my mom who had never been before. We could not get over how good the food & prices were. We enjoyed a delicious meal there & was also able to take another meal home to enjoy. The service was great as well but what we paid for both of us to enjoy 2 meals was what 1 meal usually costs per person at another restaurant. I also loved the lemon cookies I as given to celebrate my birthday & the $10 off $30 coupon. Will definitely be back hopefully for my anniversary the end of Oct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.