Maggiano's - Richmond
11800 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8042530900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ron Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 804-253-0920 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Richmond
Welcome to Maggiano’s Little Italy in Richmond! We are located at 11800 West Broad Street in Short Pump Mall. Our 400-seat dining room is ideal for group meals, festive gatherings and romantic lunches or dinners for two. Maggiano’s specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Southern Italian cuisine served in a vibrant dining room. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts. Dine family style or a la carte – either way, you’ll love our large portions of Southern Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Maggiano's - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (221)good for groups (194)romantic (112)great for lunch (72)kid-friendly (64)fit for foodies (60)great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (39)great for brunch (34)hot spot (32)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (12)Show More
- Special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great food, service and décor! I would recommend Maggiano's restaurant to any and every one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Short PumpJessieMostDined on 9/14/2014Service was very good. Server was attentive. Food was average, however.
- husbands bday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Never had a bad meal til now. I had seen ads for light menu & after talking with waitress opted to try my fav chicken saltemboca as the light version. Big mistake. Nothing like the original. I was very disappointed it had a very strong aftertaste of fennel. Doubt fennel was to be in it,so it may have seasoned incorrectly. Best part was my husband was very happy with ravioli & fried mozzarella. Also disappointed after listing the reason for or reservation as husband's birthday & not acknowledged. We also had to return after leaving as the waitress forgot my husband's pasta to go. Hostess retrieved bag from kitchen with minimal apology. Definitely not the service we expect or quality. However, I am sure we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Always stop here on trip home from Myrtle Beach to Pa., and tonight the food was even better than nomal, which has always been quite good. Got the lasagna with meat sauce and the eggplant parm, both of which were wonderful. The meat sauce was exceptional tonight. And its always a treat to take more home for dinner tomorrow night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianWylene5977Dined on 9/13/2014My favorite restaurant for Italian food. Love everything about Maggiano's!Special Features:
- Not impressedrvm3VIPDined on 9/13/2014We made reservations for six plus a high chair. We were seated back in a corner at a table for five. They made us fit, but there were nicer tables available but we were not moved. Our appetizer was good, but some of the food did not meet our expectations. The one saving grace was that we had a very understanding waiter. He had a great demeanor and did not get flustered.
- Only OKAllenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were a bit disappointed with Maggiano's this time. When we sat down in the booth, there was a sour smell. It makes me wonder if they used an old damp rag to wipe down the seats. Also, three of the four glasses at the table were dirty. Add to that the fact that our waitress was not very attentive and made a mistake on both my wife and my orders, and it does not make for a memorable evening. The food itself was fairly good, though.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We celebrated our son's 13th birthday at the restaurant. The waiter was super nice and attended to us well in the beginning. Perhaps later she got busy at other tables and the response became slow. Over all we enjoyed the food and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Good ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The food is always excellent and pretty well priced for Italian.Special Features:
- like2dinelike2dineDined on 9/7/2014It had been a couple years since my last visit to Maggiano's - Richmond. Not what I remember. The lighting seemed to be too bright...like we were on stage. The waitress was pleasant and did an ok job but the drinks came out really slow as did the entrée. Caesar Salad had some not so fresh romaine lettuce. Food was ok but have had better for less $.Special Features:
- excellent menulike2eatDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere was very nice and even though there were families--you could hear yourself talk. My group had a wonderful time and didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Up Charges & Changes HereDeeDeeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Have dined at Maggianos across the country for many years. Have consistently found good food and service and usually pretty good ambience and value. Some changes this time: We ordered the Marco special for 2 for $39.99. There is now a $2 up charge each if you order Lasagna or Ravioli which is almost half the classic pasta menu. Prices also increased on ala carte menu & our Lasagna portions were smaller besides. There were many tables all around us that were not cleared for almost the whole time we were there. Very unappetizing and poor ambience for sure. Our server was very good until it came time for our tirimisu dessert. He took the order and disappeared for 20 minutes! W/Only a quick "sorry it took so long". Food was still GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday eveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We have usually had a positive experience but this was not one of them. Our waitress spilled a glass of wine on 2 of us. We did get an apology and a promise the manager would stop by. He did with a glass of selzer water and a napkin, but didn't say a word. Our food was slow in arriving and was lukewarm. As an apology for the glass of wine the waitress brought cookies which we really didn't care for. A more appropriate response would have been a glass of wine on the house.Special Features:
- AccommodationsDebbieDined on 8/30/2014A bit congested- tables very close together. However, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!luv2eatItalianDined on 8/30/2014I took my husband here for his birthday dinner. The food was fantastic and the service superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Time at 8 pm on Friday nightLuvItalianfoodDined on 8/29/2014The sweet tea is not that sweet. Service was slower than usual. We had to flag down the waitress several times for Parmesan cheese, drink refills, etc. it is always very noisey in the restaurant. Not sure if there is a quiet place. We usually order the Rigatoni D which we love. This time we ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce (had a slight bite to it). My hubby ordered the 4 cheese ravioli with pesto and loved it. We took home Moms lasagna and Mushroom ravioli. My hubby liked the lasagna but I am not a fan of sausage so didn't like it for that reason. The mushroom ravioli was very good but a liitle less cheese would be great. We enjoyed the food overall but think I will stick with Rigatoni D next time or maybe try the Chicken Marsala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as usually islimpDined on 8/28/2014usually I would be glowing about the food, but this time the salad, chopped, was pretty poor. My wife and I were looking forward to a nice lunch salad and usually this salad is A+, but not this day. Hopefully, this was just a one time fluke and will be back for the full fare soon, but maybe not the chopped salad.Special Features:
- Fabulous First TimeKecojuDined on 8/27/2014Very first time dining at a Maggiano's Little Italy establishment. The food was absolutely delicious and portions were very generous...thank goodness for take home boxes! A little on the pricey side but considering I also took an extra full meal home with me it was well worth the expense. My party sat outside in the patio area and it was just so relaxing with the sounds coming from the outdoor fountain. Very impressive wine list and speciality drinks. Service was spot on and we didn't feel rushed to finish our meals.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianGrazing4FoodDined on 8/25/2014Some of the best Italian food I have had with many choices and all reasonably priced. They have great service and are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beehiveDined on 8/24/2014WE ENJOYED A DELIGHTFUL EVENING - THE SERVICE WAS GREAT, AS WELL AS THE FOOD. THANK YOU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian slice of heavenLikeafatkidDined on 8/23/2014I haven't ever eaten at a Maggianos until recently and my sadness is that I don't have one closer to home. Best tasting Italian food that I have ever had at a restaurant. It almost tasted like my Italian grandmother was cooking it! The prices are also amazing and comparable to most other chain restaurants of this level. Our server was extremely attentive and quite knowledgeable about the menu. The wine list is seemingly something stitched together to meet any ones price needs or palette. I will definitely be back and might bring a few friends to share in the experience too! I would like to say that if for any reason you have mobility issues, let the restaurant know in advance as they seat on two levels with only stair access to second floorSpecial Features:
- VabeachDined on 8/23/2014Very Good food, cozy ambience, good customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Good entrees, vegetables and salad were so-so, not up to usual standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineauxDined on 8/19/2014We are early diners, usually arriving between 6:00 and 6:30. Despite the possibility of being a part of a large happy hour crowd, we prefer to sit at the bar when dining at Maggiano's. There are no kids, the service is better and the able bartenders are friendly and entertaining. Great bang for the buck and we take home a dinner for another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!AwesomeDined on 8/19/2014My special friend turned 50 on this day and he could not stop talking about how perfect my choice of restaurant was for his special day. He enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and my company. The waitress was very attentive to our needs and even brought out fresh lemon cookies with a candle to end our dining experience. I would like to take my friend back to this restaurant for dinner after or before a movie or maybe after church for brunch. I appreciated the our waitress informed us of happy hour as well as the drink specials. This would be one of our most memorable dates and he said that it was the best birthday he had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjnjkDined on 8/16/2014Thanks food a wonderful experience on my forth anniversary my wife and was deeply touch and really set the mood for usSpecial Features:
- good experienceDelmoorDined on 8/15/2014Reservation was ready, seated at good table.Friendly, efficient service made for a nice,pleasant night out. Pricey but interesting wine list, very moderately priced entrees.Special Features:
- BOGO is a great deal!diamondgroupVIPDined on 8/15/2014The buy one pasta, get one to take home is a great deal! Usually two people can split one of the pastas and you still have one to take home - love it!Special Features:
- A Birthday CelebrationOut2eatDined on 8/15/20141st time to Maggiano's. Mother's 89th Birthday celebration. A wonderful experience. Everyone greeted her with birthday wishes. Food was fantastic as well as the service. Daniel, our waiter, couldn't have been better. His attention and his recommendations lead us to a great meal with special considerations for an 89 yr old. We now want to go back again so maybe with a family party for her 90th or maybe just us for an enjoyable dinner for 2. We used OpenTable for our reservation without a hitch. Great assistance in our planning for we were from out of town. Thanks to all for a great night before taking her to The Barksdale Theater in Hanover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Maggiano's4dinetoniteDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Maggiano's however we spent 3 hours in the restaurant. The food delivery was extremely slow, between courses. Our food tasted great, but we were not expecting to be there on a Thursday night for so long!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceklb1Dined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful experience at Maggianos. It was my husband and son's first time. They were impressed. We had great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the point in reservations?Gary434Dined on 8/9/2014I made reservations for 745, I made it to the restaurant at 740 and I had to wait 25 minutes for a table. It want available until 805. I had other commitments later the lack of timelyness ruined my other plans for later that evening.Special Features:
- CwilsDined on 8/9/2014The reservation asked us for any special request and we requested a booth on the second floor. We did not get that. Our service was not so great. Our server did not come around as often as we would have liked. We waited about 15 minutes before were even attended to. It took about the same amount of time for our drinks to come. We had plans to be somewhere by 9 o'clock which we did not make. I figured with a 7:30 reservation we wouldn't still be there by 9:30. Other than the service it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/9/2014I have had good experiences in the past. While the food was good, the service wa really slow. We asked for extra bread an never received it. It also took a long time to get our food, which was difficult especially since we had 2 small kids with u. I would go again, but would not bring the kids until thy get much older. Not really a kid friendly place, which is what I thought it had once been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!RonnieDined on 8/9/2014Never let you disappoint. Food is great. Service is very friendly. Please is where we love.Special Features:
- A Maggiano Celebration!love2eatoutDined on 8/9/2014For outstanding service, wonderful food and atmosphere Maggiano's is the place to go. The crab cakes are the best we've ever had! They serve ample portions and we like that they give us an entrée to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food as always is very goodPatchats2Dined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was either very in-experienced or just not cut out for the job. This is the first time this has happened at this particular restaurant. It was not very busy when we arrived but she kept forgetting things or taking an inordinate amount of time returning with things we reminded her about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food EvershannonlynneDined on 8/7/2014Maggiano's never disappoints! The food is always amazing and affordable with great service. My husband and I always love Marco's meal and make sure we eat there as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Italian restaurantPamRVIPDined on 8/4/2014Love the food here - very tasty and plentiful. We always enjoy the "eat one here and take one home pasta" offer. It is a wonderful way to have leftovers for the next day to enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014we love the food and service, but the noise level is very loud. It keeps us from going as often as we would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.