Maggiano's - Richmond
11800 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8042530900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ron Fazio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 804-253-0920 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Richmond
Welcome to Maggiano’s Little Italy in Richmond! We are located at 11800 West Broad Street in Short Pump Mall. Our 400-seat dining room is ideal for group meals, festive gatherings and romantic lunches or dinners for two. Maggiano’s specializes in serving lavish portions of authentic Southern Italian cuisine served in a vibrant dining room. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts. Dine family style or a la carte – either way, you’ll love our large portions of Southern Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Maggiano's - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)good for groups (155)romantic (88)fit for foodies (55)great for lunch (52)neighborhood gem (50)kid-friendly (42)great for outdoor dining (41)notable wine list (33)hot spot (24)great for brunch (19)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (10)Show More
- Lackluster serviceFanofFoodVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food is always great here, but on my last visit the service was less than to be desired. Our waitress was not the friendliest, but she tried to pretend.....I wasn't fooled! I wish I could remember her name, but that like this last trip to Maggiano's is quite forgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I order the grilled salmon, excellent choice. I am still relishing it in my thoughts!!Special Features:
- Too crowdedMaraDined on 10/18/2014We love the quality of the food but... We had reservations for 6:15. We were not seated until 7:05! I finally asked if there was a problem and the hostess said she had us down as being seated already. Not cool. The staff was overworked and seemed to barely have control. I am thankful for our waiter though. He was attentive. I think I will avoid the 6-8:00 dinner hours and Homecoming/prom evenings! (We quickly learned It was homecoming for several area high schools.) The prices are too high to have to put up with silly mistakes that occurred during our visit. Hopefully next time will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with wifebillandalDined on 10/15/2014We try to visit Maggiano's 2 to 3 times a year. It would probably be more often but it is an hour drive each way. As usual everything about dinner was great. We started with a delicious salad which was big enough to share. I ordered a new pasta dish with Italian chicken sausage while my wife ordered Mom's lasagna. Both entrees arrived quickly and were very tasty. In addition we got to take home another entrée. Overall a fantastic value. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food warm atmosphereFiroozDined on 10/11/2014The food is always ver good. We selected the family style (the middle one), the appetizer are always better than the main course. One of our food selection was pepper steak which was not as good as expected.Special Features:
- Turning into Olive GardenAngieDined on 10/11/2014I used to think this was an excellent restaurant for a chain -but, my opinion has changed. Service was only fair; but it was a busy Sat. night. We did get in on time -- with reservations. The food was the let down. The Maggiano salad was flavorless, except for the little blue cheese, and the lettuce was limp, not crisp at all. Very disappointing. The lobster carbonara that I got for my entrée was also poorly executed -- way too much bacon so that was the only flavor I could taste. The lobster was mealy and flavorless. The desserts were good, but, the cappuccino was not drinkable -- but had to flag down a hostess to finally get sweetener for it, and by then dessert was gone.
- over60Dined on 10/11/2014We were there at a very busy time, Saturday evening. The hostess and waiter made us feel extremely welcome and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- jdk1980Dined on 10/10/2014Lots of vegetarian choices, much better quality than many 'chain' restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Great pricesFoodieDined on 10/9/2014I went for my birthday lunch with my mom who had never been before. We could not get over how good the food & prices were. We enjoyed a delicious meal there & was also able to take another meal home to enjoy. The service was great as well but what we paid for both of us to enjoy 2 meals was what 1 meal usually costs per person at another restaurant. I also loved the lemon cookies I as given to celebrate my birthday & the $10 off $30 coupon. Will definitely be back hopefully for my anniversary the end of Oct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st ClassOptimysticaloneDined on 10/7/2014I have always gotten the best of service and the best of meals. This is one of my most favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedeDined on 10/7/2014Loved the chicken picatta, but the portions were just a little small, i.e. little pasta! Bring on the pasta!!Special Features:
- Dining PleasureengrdmpDined on 10/4/2014Food was great, never a bad meal. Servers were very nice and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyJudy68Dined on 10/4/2014Great as usual but too noisy. Food and service was excellent but it is too noisy to hear the person next to you talk. Tables were too close together because we kept bumping shoulders. The upstairs was empty. Why not open it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No take home pastaBirthdaygirlDined on 10/4/2014I ordered pasta and the waiter asked if I wanted the take home pasta as well, which I did. He didn't bring the pasta and I didn't remember till I was already driving home. It was so good, I really wanted the meal for the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We loved the food. And it was more than plenty.. We will definitely come again. This occasion was for my husband birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!CurtDined on 10/3/2014That was the word we used over and over again during our meal. Everything, from the soup to start our meal to the lovely lemon cookies given to us for our anniversary (we had to take them home because we were just too full to eat another thing!) was absolutely delicious. we both had the Crab and Shrimp Cannelloni (it has become OUR signature dish when we dine there) was, well, out of the world describes it mildly! we are not stick in the muds by any means, but whenever we eat there, that is what we want. It is unbelievable! Our service was also great - it was a wonderful experience from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimerjgRichmondDined on 10/3/2014A great experience, stated at the bar and continued through a delightful dinner. Both Kelly the manager and Amanda our server, were great with advise on menu options and wine selection. Great evening!!!!Special Features:
- one of our favorites!diamondgroupVIPDined on 10/3/2014Always good food! The buy one get one to take home is an excellent deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still exceptional.Food411Dined on 10/3/2014After eating at this restaurant several times, I have never been disappointed. I have always had great food and wonderful servers. This is still one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014And the wine list was fantastic. The server was very knowledgeable. Only complaint was the meatballs were slightly dry. Vaughn was amazing as a server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Goodswesa97Dined on 9/27/2014The food was really good, and our waitress was nice. I enjoyed my time there, but it took a long time to get the food out.Special Features:
- DisapointedDined on 9/27/2014Service was deplorable. Waiter was more interested in larger party - suspect it was the propect of a larger tip. Made it obvious our party of 4 was more of a distraction.
- birthday dinnerdeestarDined on 9/27/2014I went there for my birthday. 1st time there and I had a blast. The peach martini wasnt so good.. But my overall experience was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, large portions.AndrewVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time here, we went on a Friday night. We had a reservation and were seated quickly. We ordered the dinner for two, which included two pastas to take home. The food was great, but the baked ziti was a little dry and overdone; the noodles tasted a little chewy as if they had been sitting under a warmer for a while. It also could have used a little extra sauce. Also, the pace of the dinner was a little long, the entrees took a while for them to come out. Overall was a good experience, plenty of food and it was nice to get two entrees to take them home. Will return again.Special Features:
- RobbieDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food, service and value. I love Maggiano's.Special Features:
- BuzzDined on 9/20/2014Miggiano's has always been one of our favorite restaurants and as such is generally held for events such as birthdays and anniversaries. The food is wonderful and you never go hungary.Special Features:
- perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014maggiano's knows how to please the customer. the food was fabulous and our server was fun AND efficient. my only "complaint" is that all the maggiano's i've been to - phila, cincinnati, nashville, charlotte, and now richmond have way too many tables too close together. i need a little more space than is provided and when i put that on my reservation they always accommodate me so i was happy but it's just soooooooooo jammed that i hyperventilate just entering the restaurant. but bc of the great food and service i take a deep breath and eat.Special Features:
- great overall experiencesuppatimeDined on 9/19/2014Appetizers and entrée were great but the Caesar salad was disappointing. Our waiter was exceptionally and very helpful with assisting with recommendations from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion dinnercapnfevDined on 9/16/2014Great food, service and décor! I would recommend Maggiano's restaurant to any and every one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Short PumpJessieMostDined on 9/14/2014Service was very good. Server was attentive. Food was average, however.
- husbands bday dinnereatRvaDined on 9/14/2014Never had a bad meal til now. I had seen ads for light menu & after talking with waitress opted to try my fav chicken saltemboca as the light version. Big mistake. Nothing like the original. I was very disappointed it had a very strong aftertaste of fennel. Doubt fennel was to be in it,so it may have seasoned incorrectly. Best part was my husband was very happy with ravioli & fried mozzarella. Also disappointed after listing the reason for or reservation as husband's birthday & not acknowledged. We also had to return after leaving as the waitress forgot my husband's pasta to go. Hostess retrieved bag from kitchen with minimal apology. Definitely not the service we expect or quality. However, I am sure we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Always stop here on trip home from Myrtle Beach to Pa., and tonight the food was even better than nomal, which has always been quite good. Got the lasagna with meat sauce and the eggplant parm, both of which were wonderful. The meat sauce was exceptional tonight. And its always a treat to take more home for dinner tomorrow night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianWylene5977Dined on 9/13/2014My favorite restaurant for Italian food. Love everything about Maggiano's!Special Features:
- Not impressedrvm3VIPDined on 9/13/2014We made reservations for six plus a high chair. We were seated back in a corner at a table for five. They made us fit, but there were nicer tables available but we were not moved. Our appetizer was good, but some of the food did not meet our expectations. The one saving grace was that we had a very understanding waiter. He had a great demeanor and did not get flustered.
- Only OKAllenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were a bit disappointed with Maggiano's this time. When we sat down in the booth, there was a sour smell. It makes me wonder if they used an old damp rag to wipe down the seats. Also, three of the four glasses at the table were dirty. Add to that the fact that our waitress was not very attentive and made a mistake on both my wife and my orders, and it does not make for a memorable evening. The food itself was fairly good, though.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We celebrated our son's 13th birthday at the restaurant. The waiter was super nice and attended to us well in the beginning. Perhaps later she got busy at other tables and the response became slow. Over all we enjoyed the food and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Good ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The food is always excellent and pretty well priced for Italian.Special Features:
- like2dinelike2dineDined on 9/7/2014It had been a couple years since my last visit to Maggiano's - Richmond. Not what I remember. The lighting seemed to be too bright...like we were on stage. The waitress was pleasant and did an ok job but the drinks came out really slow as did the entrée. Caesar Salad had some not so fresh romaine lettuce. Food was ok but have had better for less $.Special Features:
- excellent menulike2eatDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere was very nice and even though there were families--you could hear yourself talk. My group had a wonderful time and didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Up Charges & Changes HereDeeDeeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Have dined at Maggianos across the country for many years. Have consistently found good food and service and usually pretty good ambience and value. Some changes this time: We ordered the Marco special for 2 for $39.99. There is now a $2 up charge each if you order Lasagna or Ravioli which is almost half the classic pasta menu. Prices also increased on ala carte menu & our Lasagna portions were smaller besides. There were many tables all around us that were not cleared for almost the whole time we were there. Very unappetizing and poor ambience for sure. Our server was very good until it came time for our tirimisu dessert. He took the order and disappeared for 20 minutes! W/Only a quick "sorry it took so long". Food was still GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.