Maggiano's - Old Orchard
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Old Orchard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8479339555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Old Orchard
Welcome to Maggiano's Old Orchard, located in the Old Orchard Shopping Center off Edens Expressway & Golf Road. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Double Tree Hotel & the Edens Plaza Shopping Center. Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your next lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting.Continued
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Old Orchard - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (165)special occasion (150)great for lunch (136)neighborhood gem (111)kid-friendly (105)fit for foodies (97)hot spot (36)great for brunch (33)notable wine list (32)romantic (30)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Going DownhillgailDined on 9/13/2014The food was awful, it was luke warm, over cooked and tasted like left overs that was warmed up. The bread and salad was the only things worth eating.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Justin, our thoughtful and attentive server, made it a great dining experience! This is a great go-to place just for a good meal or for a celebration.Special Features:
- ConsistentgenreDined on 9/13/2014On a bustling Saturday night, servers seemed to do well with the crowd; though there were small lapses, they were to be expected for this style of restaurant. Family friendly. Nice lighter fare options now!Special Features:
- Maggiano's-always consistentpatfDined on 9/12/2014We go to Maggiaono's for the pasta-one to eat one to take home. This makes 4 meals for 1 price as who can eat a whole order?? The drinks are good and a hefty pour, the waitstaff is friendly if a bit rushed. I advise going for lunch as it is usually much quieter. Also, make a reservation or you will be waiting a loooong time, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zoupbowlDined on 9/11/2014The food was good. Service was spotty. Our server, Danny or Daniel, took care of another table faster than ours. The couple arrived 10-15 minutes after us, but got their food and beverages before we got our beverage. Then we were served our food. I ordered the Lasagna and the mushroom ravioli to take home. But when I looked into the bag the next day there was only my wife's flat bread leftover. No mushroom ravioli, which I paid for. Never happened to us before. Too much trouble to go back. Will be more careful next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised with dinnerDavidDined on 9/7/2014We have been to Maggiano's many times in the past (other locations) We were looking for great Italian food in a nice well know restaurant. Let me try to put in a few words. Dirty tables everywhere, Loud employees more concerned with closing than guests, linens on the floor, bus boy running hands through hair then putting away silverware and setting tables, waiter after was off walking around restaurant with tee shirt and low hanging (sag look) pants. It was clear the priority was getting side work complete to leave vs taking care of the few guests that were at the tables. If this was first time at Maggiano's I would NEVER go back. Knowing the reputation I will return but NEVER to this location.Special Features:
- still great..RemyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Back to the ole Maggiano's that we know and love..Special Features:
- Good Dinnerbes4dineDined on 9/5/2014Had a good and satisfying dinner and also got the pasta to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksMarkDined on 9/5/2014Had dinner with our grandchildren, 6 and 4. Everyone was very accommodating and the kids love the food. So do Grandma & GrandpaSpecial Features:
- WowPinkyVIPDined on 9/3/2014What happened this used to be our favorite place, now no more.. The food is ok, but the service was bad. We waited a half hour for our salad, which by this time we cancelled, and they still brought it, so we returned it. The food finally came, just ok..the waitress kept apologizing, but that is not good enough. Will not return in a long long time...
- GaryVIPDined on 9/3/2014We took our two grandsons out for dinner. Our server was very kid friendly. We enjoyed that. My wife's dinner of Chicken Caprice was very short on chicken. The server saw that it wasn't good and had it removed from the bill. My wife left hungry.
- Great Italian Comfort FoodcattacDined on 9/2/2014My two friends were celebrating their engagement and we had a delightful, delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurantBoyceDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was the perfect place. The Chefs got it right when they created most of the dishes here. Something for everyone including children. GREAT VALUE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Open table reservations were great, no waiting for table.Special Features:
- Always good!LocalGuyDined on 9/1/2014Another terrific meal at Maggiano's. This time it was a late lunch on Labor Day and while busy, not loud, but conversation friendly. Maggiano's continues to be one of our go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special cousins lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Reservation and preference acknowledged perfectly. Food great as always but noticibly smaller portions. Waiter was acceptable but not attentive at all. Never checked back or offered refills on drinks or coffee.Special Features:
- The waiter...veganstylistVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our waiter arrived at the table a bit late, the busboy was great. The waiter greeted us with 'are you ready to order" versus, "would you like something to drink or is there something I can explain". He was around and he did a great job otherwise. We asked to order dessert and he brought us our check. Must have been an off-day. The cheesecake was delicious the strawberry sauce tasted cheap. You might want to add some gluten-free breads to the basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy foodBeanzDined on 8/25/2014The food is awesome. The service is great. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as alwaysDBDBDined on 8/22/2014Service and food is always consistent and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/localeEnjoyzamealDined on 8/18/2014Good food and perfect place for after/before movie or shopping. Not an intimate/romantic place. Upbeat, chatty and vibrant. Big portions reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's has gone downhillFussydinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I haven't been to Olive Garden for years, but given a choice between that and Maggiano's I would choose them. My friend and I dined at Maggiano's Sunday evening, and were so disappointed. I ordered the chopped salad which came somewhere between room temperature and warm. Not good. For the entrée, my friend"s chicken Caprese salad was 99% lettuce. Our server brought a small portion of chicken to supplement it. I ordered eggplant Parmesan and was presented with a small square of something that was mostly breading, interspersed with something that looked a little like eggplant. There was some cool congealed cheese on top. It was warm, not hot, and was served on a bed of pasta that was clinging together in clumps. What are you thinking?
- Enjoyable DinnerPrestoVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was good and the service was very good. Enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- consistently goodfuntodineoutVIPDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Maggiano's for a weeknite dinner. Food is consistently good. Nice option is the buy one classic pasta & take one home. Would like to see more offerings without meat, however. For example, all lasagna's , even the one with marina sauce, also has meat-why? They need to offer one without meat for those that don't eat red meat. The restaurant is pretty loud overall making it difficult for visiting with people at one's table. Additionally, would have liked our main dishes to be served farther apart than the salad. Seemed like we hardly had enough time to finish this (& didn't.) They didn't rush us out of the restaurant, however, which gave us time to visit after it cleared out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodChewyVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. The food was hot and the portion was generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great food - great service. Wait staff was attentive but not overbearing. We were a group of 8 and it couldn't have gone smoother!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueFoodieGolferVIPDined on 8/8/2014The buy one get two meals is a great value. They bring you one of about 8 different pasta dishes and then ask you which of those same 8 you want to bring home with you. Had a solid lunch and then dinner the same night.
- servicer not knowledegablehootieandmollyDined on 8/6/2014My husband asked for a Heiniken and the server said he didn't have it. So He ordered another beer. We found out when the wine list appeared it was there as a bottled beer. I ordered a champagne cocktail. What I got was pink prosecco(sp) with additional sugar. I ordered crab and shrimp cannelloni(sp) it mentioned red peppers. He told me the peppers were blended into the sauce. That was not true. As I started eating confetti starting falling down almost in my food. I was startled - he said Happy Birthday. Reservations were for 5pm, the restaurant was nearly empty but we never saw him serving other people like other servers. The end piece of the bread was so hard that I HAD IT SOAKING IN OLIVE OIL FOR THE WHOLE MEAL AND IT NEVER SOFTEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisesaxtonDined on 8/5/2014We come to maggiano's often but recently we came here as a family to celebrate my sister moving to Europe and we had a great time! Our food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatgvhparkridgeDined on 8/2/2014You can depend on great food and service with great prices...waiters are very professional. Arrived early and promptly seated. Great young waiter...Special Features:
- Plenty of food!SuburbaniteVIPDined on 8/1/2014The portions are large and if you order pasta, you get to choose one to take home also. It's a good deal.
- MaggianosRosieDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Everyone was happy with the entrée they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retired, Manufacturing EngineerDewkiDined on 7/31/2014It was great to have dinner with old friends. Nice to be back after a long time.Special Features:
- Not that great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014I was disappointed with my visit on July 31st. Salad was soggy, asked for bowtie pasta mara sauce, didn't get it and didn't get my Opentable points.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014Our waitress was very attentive and service was excellent. The food was very good and the menu selection is varied. You can find a choice for most anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014The portions were very generous and the prices reasonable, but the service was extremely slow-almost an hour wait for our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food was delicious as always; however, the portions (especially the large salad) seem to not be as generous as in the past. Our service this visit was horrible. The server was very friendly; however, so so so slow. Upon sitting down, we had to ask for bread and refills on soft drinks three times before getting it. Took forever to take our order and took a long time for the food to come. And the restaurant was not full--there were empty tables. Not typical "Lettuce" service--our experience at "Lettuce" restaurants has been excellent service, so hopefully this was just a bad night for our server.Special Features:
- Be prepared to go brokeWithoutReservationsDined on 7/27/2014Well, the neighborhood is wealthy to the bone so I'll assume you can afford 20 dollar pasta or their 50 dollar steak. However make sure the group you are going with has enough to talk about. Food is so expensive, so that's also a topic one can talk about. But, as soon as the food rolls in, you'll have so much time to talk about how full you are and the unlimited bread. SO MUCH BREAD MAN.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!!EllenDined on 7/26/2014We go there a lot, always great. Love the pasta and the Maggianos salad! Had a GREAT waiter, Michael-loved him!!!Special Features:
- Always GOOD!myfavelogoDined on 7/26/2014Maggiano's is a favorite of mine and friends, The Rig "D" is super and I'm glad that it is enjoying a spot on the Companion Pasta - Take home.Special Features:
- EnjoyablemarcDined on 7/25/2014Food was great. Service was slow at times due to a full house. Otherwise everything was 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.