Maggiano's - Old Orchard
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Old Orchard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (847) 933-9555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Old Orchard
Welcome to Maggiano's Old Orchard, located in the Old Orchard Shopping Center off Edens Expressway & Golf Road. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Double Tree Hotel & the Edens Plaza Shopping Center. Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your next lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting.Continued
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Old Orchard - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (154)special occasion (114)great for lunch (104)neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (85)kid-friendly (84)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (27)hot spot (26)romantic (24)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just a bad day I guess1niteoutDined on 11/15/2014Love this restaurant but that nite was not going right there I guess.everything was taking for ever.i hope it was one bad niteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014We meet my parents here fairly often, as it's a good half way point for everyone. The food and service are always really good. The portions are huge, expect leftovers! I always get the chicken milanese, (my favorite), but, they've been running a promotion with the pastas, where you get a whole separate pasta order to take home, a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayteriVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our party of 6 felt that the food was only mediocre. We were disappointed in many of the meals we ordered.
- A very nice BirthdaylynniexperienceDined on 11/8/2014A group of 10 (or at least supposed to be that number), a busy restaurant, and somehow it all worked very well. I have to especially send my kudos to the Chef. Although I didn't note it, our main course was delayed (we were so busy talking and enjoying our salads and wine). When the main course came out, so did the Chef who apologized for the delay and asked us if there was anything he could do. Bravo!!! I have never experienced that level of care in a restaurant and was so impressed. Again, BRAVO!!Special Features:
- good shopping breakbonbonVIPDined on 11/8/2014Been here many times since in mall usually for lunch or dinner with friends after shopping. Consistent food quality and lots of food to share. Really enjoy the eat one take one home pasta. Free up another dinner time cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceeat2liveDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyable, but 3.75 for iced tea?????? Crazy. I would eat but not drink anything but water !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014wonderful meal as always, Maggiano's sets a very high standard and does not fail me any time I am thereSpecial Features:
- CharVIPDined on 11/7/2014We always enjoy our meals at this Maggianos. every dish we've experienced is always great. The service is also excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with equally wonderful servicecattacDined on 11/6/2014We both ordered from the classic Italian selections. The squash ravioli was fabulous and the spaghetti and meatballs never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good staple you can rely onCSDinesVIPDined on 11/2/2014Maggianos has good menu with consistent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placePinkyVIPDined on 11/2/2014We always enjoy it here. The food is very good and consistent. The service was great. We definitly will return in the near future...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We had a reservation at 8:15pm. We got in the restaurant at 8:15pm sharp and still had to wait an extra 10-12 minutes for our table. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- great food, but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Went on a bust Saturday evening with friends. Had a reservation that was honored in 15 minutes. We ordered as soon as we were seated, because we had the time to preview the menu. Honestly we did not see the salad we ordered until 35minutes past. I told the waiter just before the food came on how unhappy we all were. With that in mind our whole family meal ordered came 15 minutes after the salad.......to say the least 200$ for this meal was no bargain even if the food was goodSpecial Features:
- Good dinning.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Good food and great service.Not too expensive.Parking no problem.Good place to take your friends for casual dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 10/30/2014The food was wonderful as usual and our server Jolene was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serendipityDined on 10/29/2014The butternut squash was outstanding. Waitress forgot to bring the salad first and served the entrée before the salad. She did take the entrée back to keep warm while then serving the salad. Also the salad was removed from our bill because of this incident without even being asked. Otherwise the service was very good and the waitress was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Casia was our server and she was fabulous< she was very friendly and attentive and she made our nightSpecial Features:
- still an excellent valueRemyVIPDined on 10/27/2014This place is very comfortable and predictable ina good way...Tried and true recipes and volume are the key!Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014We've been going to different Maggiano's locations for a long time and the food quality and service seems to be on a downward trend. It took over 20 minutes for a child's order of ziti and marinara sauce to come out. The adult main courses were even slower and less tasty.
- two for one pasta dinnerAnneVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was good, as usual. We have gone often but I have to day one thing: Portions have gotten smaller. It's obvious.Special Features:
- Good food, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Made a last minute reservation Friday night. We were seated promptly. Food was good - nothing memorable or outstanding but everything was fine. Service was okay. It was a fine evening out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedFoodiemanDined on 10/22/2014Very good but not knock your socks off good. We'll go again. Only complaint was we had a 7 PM reservation, arrived at 6:40 and were seated at 7:22.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The waitress was very apologetic but said there was a problem in the kitchen. Most of the food itself was good, but I had the chicken parm that was kind of tasteless and the chicken seemed a bit chewy. The sauce wasn't good either (seemed like it was just poured out of a can - no substance) I've had this before many times at the schaumburg location and it is always very good. The manager never came over to our table, but we did receive a free desert.Special Features:
- Always reliable, good foodMickeyBDined on 10/18/2014Maggianos can always be counted on for a good, plentiful meal. Chopped salad is wonderful, pasta is tasty, esp. mushroom ravioli. Bonus is getting another meal to,go home. Accommodating wait staff. Reservations accommodated on time!Special Features:
- ConsistentLocalOmahanDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at other Maggiano's across the country and for a chain they do a good job of making it feel like it is a local neighborhood spot. This specific location was packed when we went but the service was efficient and food quality was very good. Sometimes when you are traveling you feel like just having something you know you can count on and Maggiano's consistently has done this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork MilaneseGregDined on 10/17/2014I tried the special..tasted like teryaki sauce with something underneath...not recommended...when the waiter asked how it was, I was honest...he comped my meal and brought us a Tiramisu for 2. This restaurant is a class act. Others might just say "I'm sorry"...these folks will have me coming back...i'll just stay with the pasta next time.Special Features:
- Must come againMariaDined on 10/17/2014Had a wonderful experience. The service was great; the food was very good; and we even got a dinner to take home. Prices were reasonable. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- 25th anniversarydashingdaveDined on 10/17/2014Our Aunts too us to dinner for our anniversary. The food was outstanding,even for my wife who has a hard time with pasta. The chicken marsala w/spaghetti aioli was wonderful as well as the chicken francese with crispy potatoes. Of course the pasta dishes are delicious and they had a buy one take one offer that our Aunts took advantage of with lasagna and spaghetti with meat sauce going home. At the end of dinner,our great waiter brought out two little plates of petit fours to celebrate the occasion,,, on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Time!mealseekerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We very much enjoyed our meal, but had to wait to catch our server's eye on more than one occasion. He also forgot that we were celebrating a birthday, and needed the reminder of the $10 off coupon to jog his memory. He came through with some extra cookies, but we missed the celebratory candle!Special Features:
- Still as good as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014I've been going through a withdrawal ever since Maggiano's pulled out of Southdale in MN. Imagine my excitement to see a Maggiano's a mile away from my hotel in the Chicago suburbs. Immediately I booked a reservation to celebrate my birthday. The food is as good as we remembered with Maggiano's salad, steamed mussels, seafood linguine, tiramisu and lemon cookies. It was a great beginning to a fun weekend in Chicago and college visits for my daughter. I'm willing to overlook the fact that the host did not check us in and having to receive an email from OpenTable for reservation no-show eventhough we DID honor our reservation. Please consider opening a location in Minneapolis, I'd come at least once a week and bring the rest of the family.Special Features:
- They changed the menudiamondebVIPDined on 10/14/2014The portions are smaller, the lemon cookies are different and although it was still good, it seems like they have smaller portions, healthier options and it seemed more corporate than it was before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Our server was very incompetent, food took a long time to arrive WARM, much confusion in settling check. Waited over 20 minutes, then I alerted manager for help in resolving issue, he did not seem concerned. My sister, from out of town, vowed never to return. This was a very unpleasant dining experience.
- great dining experienceBobber1Dined on 10/10/2014We were seated exactly at our reservation time. We were greeted quickly by our waitress. Our food came quickly. Our waitress checked on up several times. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014I had a lunch meeting. great food selections for lighter dining. a little too noisy to carry on a conversation. seating is crowed in to have a private conversationSpecial Features:
- Still on topRemyVIPDined on 10/6/2014This venue apparently has rebounded from some difficulties with servers over the years...It's good to see the place rebound nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not pleasantdivoDined on 10/4/2014The prices were reasonable, but the food was fair as was the service. From the onset, we felt rushed, and the place was packed. The portions were large, but none of the dishes we tried were memorable. I would not go again.Special Features:
- Expect great serviceRadiomikeDined on 10/4/2014We were thoroughly impressed by the attention to detail that Maggiano's put forth. Every one of our requests, extra bread, more to drink, etc...was met with no problems, and prompt return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Waited over 50 minutes before food arrived. Next to us was a table with at lease 20 people and the noise level was unberable. Manager apologized for the delay but said the kitchen was backed up. No way to run a restaurant.
- I wanted the sauce!ChicagoJohnVIPDined on 9/30/2014The service and food at Maggiano's this go-around was great while we were there. The new Light Take items they have offer a great way to get that Italian-craving completed, but with a significant amount of calories and fat reduced. The only drawback and main reason for the lower rating was that this time around was when we tried our leftovers, the sauce my wife left for her ravioli was not included in the to-go box. Menial to pick on this, but a dry, leftover ravioli is not that good, especially when she portioned her sauce during dinner with leftovers in mind.Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Always dependable great food, service, parking. We dine here frequently.Special Features: