Maggiano's - Old Orchard
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Old Orchard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (847) 933-9555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Old Orchard
Welcome to Maggiano's Old Orchard, located in the Old Orchard Shopping Center off Edens Expressway & Golf Road. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Double Tree Hotel & the Edens Plaza Shopping Center. Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your next lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting.Continued
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Old Orchard - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (154)special occasion (114)great for lunch (104)neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (85)kid-friendly (84)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (27)hot spot (26)romantic (24)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Solid as alwaysDBDBDined on 8/22/2014Service and food is always consistent and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/localeEnjoyzamealDined on 8/18/2014Good food and perfect place for after/before movie or shopping. Not an intimate/romantic place. Upbeat, chatty and vibrant. Big portions reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's has gone downhillFussydinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I haven't been to Olive Garden for years, but given a choice between that and Maggiano's I would choose them. My friend and I dined at Maggiano's Sunday evening, and were so disappointed. I ordered the chopped salad which came somewhere between room temperature and warm. Not good. For the entrée, my friend"s chicken Caprese salad was 99% lettuce. Our server brought a small portion of chicken to supplement it. I ordered eggplant Parmesan and was presented with a small square of something that was mostly breading, interspersed with something that looked a little like eggplant. There was some cool congealed cheese on top. It was warm, not hot, and was served on a bed of pasta that was clinging together in clumps. What are you thinking?
- Enjoyable DinnerPrestoVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was good and the service was very good. Enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- consistently goodfuntodineoutVIPDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Maggiano's for a weeknite dinner. Food is consistently good. Nice option is the buy one classic pasta & take one home. Would like to see more offerings without meat, however. For example, all lasagna's , even the one with marina sauce, also has meat-why? They need to offer one without meat for those that don't eat red meat. The restaurant is pretty loud overall making it difficult for visiting with people at one's table. Additionally, would have liked our main dishes to be served farther apart than the salad. Seemed like we hardly had enough time to finish this (& didn't.) They didn't rush us out of the restaurant, however, which gave us time to visit after it cleared out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodChewyVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. The food was hot and the portion was generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great food - great service. Wait staff was attentive but not overbearing. We were a group of 8 and it couldn't have gone smoother!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueFoodieGolferVIPDined on 8/8/2014The buy one get two meals is a great value. They bring you one of about 8 different pasta dishes and then ask you which of those same 8 you want to bring home with you. Had a solid lunch and then dinner the same night.
- servicer not knowledegablehootieandmollyDined on 8/6/2014My husband asked for a Heiniken and the server said he didn't have it. So He ordered another beer. We found out when the wine list appeared it was there as a bottled beer. I ordered a champagne cocktail. What I got was pink prosecco(sp) with additional sugar. I ordered crab and shrimp cannelloni(sp) it mentioned red peppers. He told me the peppers were blended into the sauce. That was not true. As I started eating confetti starting falling down almost in my food. I was startled - he said Happy Birthday. Reservations were for 5pm, the restaurant was nearly empty but we never saw him serving other people like other servers. The end piece of the bread was so hard that I HAD IT SOAKING IN OLIVE OIL FOR THE WHOLE MEAL AND IT NEVER SOFTEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisesaxtonDined on 8/5/2014We come to maggiano's often but recently we came here as a family to celebrate my sister moving to Europe and we had a great time! Our food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatgvhparkridgeDined on 8/2/2014You can depend on great food and service with great prices...waiters are very professional. Arrived early and promptly seated. Great young waiter...Special Features:
- Plenty of food!SuburbaniteVIPDined on 8/1/2014The portions are large and if you order pasta, you get to choose one to take home also. It's a good deal.
- MaggianosRosieDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Everyone was happy with the entrée they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retired, Manufacturing EngineerDewkiDined on 7/31/2014It was great to have dinner with old friends. Nice to be back after a long time.Special Features:
- Not that great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014I was disappointed with my visit on July 31st. Salad was soggy, asked for bowtie pasta mara sauce, didn't get it and didn't get my Opentable points.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service good foodserendipityDined on 7/28/2014Our waitress was very attentive and service was excellent. The food was very good and the menu selection is varied. You can find a choice for most anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014The portions were very generous and the prices reasonable, but the service was extremely slow-almost an hour wait for our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food was delicious as always; however, the portions (especially the large salad) seem to not be as generous as in the past. Our service this visit was horrible. The server was very friendly; however, so so so slow. Upon sitting down, we had to ask for bread and refills on soft drinks three times before getting it. Took forever to take our order and took a long time for the food to come. And the restaurant was not full--there were empty tables. Not typical "Lettuce" service--our experience at "Lettuce" restaurants has been excellent service, so hopefully this was just a bad night for our server.Special Features:
- Be prepared to go brokeWithoutReservationsDined on 7/27/2014Well, the neighborhood is wealthy to the bone so I'll assume you can afford 20 dollar pasta or their 50 dollar steak. However make sure the group you are going with has enough to talk about. Food is so expensive, so that's also a topic one can talk about. But, as soon as the food rolls in, you'll have so much time to talk about how full you are and the unlimited bread. SO MUCH BREAD MAN.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!!EllenDined on 7/26/2014We go there a lot, always great. Love the pasta and the Maggianos salad! Had a GREAT waiter, Michael-loved him!!!Special Features:
- Always GOOD!myfavelogoDined on 7/26/2014Maggiano's is a favorite of mine and friends, The Rig "D" is super and I'm glad that it is enjoying a spot on the Companion Pasta - Take home.Special Features:
- EnjoyablemarcDined on 7/25/2014Food was great. Service was slow at times due to a full house. Otherwise everything was 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmealsVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were a group of 7. Our waiter recommended the family style meal. I was a little leery but acquiesced. And I'm so glad that I did. The food was delicious and we were all able to enjoy the meal immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2073 reviews are from the Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews archive.
- waiter NOT on the ballPhysphunVIPDined on 7/25/2014I go to Maggiano's in Old Orchard and most of their wait staff is good. The waiter we had last time was outstanding. The waiter we had this time was definitely not very good. Even after we told him we were trying to make a movie, service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLuvtodineItalianDined on 7/22/2014Have long history with Lettuce...starting with owners dad's deli on west side of Chicago...then purveyor sales rep to several of their stores and then neighborhood diner several times a year when we feel like dining Italian. Always good good service..... And good food. since my wife Became ill, I find that a reservation is advisable, so that she does not have to stand waiting. However they try to accomodate her needsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2014Food was good as usual, but for some reason the salad came after the entres'? Bad timing on the service.
- Good place for couples and familieschicagobearDined on 7/19/2014My boyfriend and I met for our first date here and we returned to celebrate our anniversary. So, this place holds a very special place in our hearts. The food is great and we had a great time. The place is always busy so a reservation is a must especially on weekends. The server was ok but he seemed rushed mostly because of the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my evening here with my boyfriend. The food was amazing! The service was absolutely fantastic! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, and I will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Great SaladsSaddlebredDined on 7/19/2014Went here for lunch and ordered the salmon salad. It was a very generous light entree with a moist piece of grilled salmon. The staff was very accommodating as I requested no linguine chips in the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- down hillpuppyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Miss the original, year by year this place has turned into a "Chain" restaurant. Prices are too high for the quality. Now I noticed portions are shrinking too. The one entree I do like balsamic salmon was small. Since I had it in group meals before, don't know what size it started out as. Also don't know what kind of salmon it is, which makes me think it's farm raised(not good) It will be a very long time before I go back.
- Maggiano'sMersieDined on 7/18/2014Maggiano's is a restaurant that never gets old. The food is outstanding and always on target. Love it!Special Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 7/17/2014It was an enjoyable experience. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningoutisthewaytogoDined on 7/16/2014It was very easy and it was very nice to walk in and get a table right away, with people waiting for a table. Made us feel like a celebrity! The family style meal was amazing, (for 4 or more people). It was an affordable feast!! The waitress was very attentive........ The wine special of the day was delicious. Really a nice meal.Special Features:
- Mjg2Dined on 7/16/2014You can never go wrong by eating at Maggianos! We live very close to this location and have enjoyed it for many years. The pricing is reasonable and the food is always delicious!Special Features:
- MakakiloVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was great as usual and our server Jolene was wonderful!Special Features:
- Wonderful!HarrietDined on 7/13/2014Great food & service. Prices are very reasonable. A very good value.Special Features:
- Always good foodSoniaDined on 7/13/2014If you enjoy good Italian good, great bread and tasty sauces this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertaMickeyDined on 7/12/2014My reservation was honored in a timely fashion. Service was quite good, we were not rushed and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good impression my 1st time!HollamanzEatsDined on 7/12/2014I'm big on mixed drinks, so I ordered a Long Island (which every bartender doesn't automatically know how to make) and to my surprise, it was excellent! The appetizer soup my wife ordered was also great! I was sort of skeptical about the menu, but once again my entree was superb! I ordered the shrimp scampi, hands down best scampi I've ever tasted! My wife had been to maggiano's before & tried something new (some shrimp & crab type deal) unfortunately it wasn't what she was expecting, this was the only negative of our dining experience. Otherwise, the food, drinks & ambience was great! We'll definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedflaminkokidDined on 7/12/2014Now I remember why we haven't been to Maggiano's for a couple years. Because the food is TERRIBLE. I thought we'd give it another try because we had a lettuce scratch off but we didn't realize we couldn't use it on saturday. Manager was unapologetic. No exceptions. They are still putting little pieces of what tastes like cardboard in the salad. Except now they're saying it's prociutto instead of bacon. What a disapointment.