Maggiano's - Old Orchard
4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Old Orchard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 8479339555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Old Orchard
Welcome to Maggiano's Old Orchard, located in the Old Orchard Shopping Center off Edens Expressway & Golf Road. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Double Tree Hotel & the Edens Plaza Shopping Center. Maggiano's 350-seat dining room is an ideal location for your next lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting.Continued
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Maggiano's - Old Orchard - Best Restaurants in Skokie ›
Maggiano's - Old Orchard reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (166)special occasion (138)great for lunch (125)neighborhood gem (103)kid-friendly (101)fit for foodies (93)notable wine list (35)hot spot (32)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (29)great for brunch (23)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Better than expectedFoodiemanDined on 10/22/2014Very good but not knock your socks off good. We'll go again. Only complaint was we had a 7 PM reservation, arrived at 6:40 and were seated at 7:22.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The waitress was very apologetic but said there was a problem in the kitchen. Most of the food itself was good, but I had the chicken parm that was kind of tasteless and the chicken seemed a bit chewy. The sauce wasn't good either (seemed like it was just poured out of a can - no substance) I've had this before many times at the schaumburg location and it is always very good. The manager never came over to our table, but we did receive a free desert.Special Features:
- Always reliable, good foodMickeyBDined on 10/18/2014Maggianos can always be counted on for a good, plentiful meal. Chopped salad is wonderful, pasta is tasty, esp. mushroom ravioli. Bonus is getting another meal to,go home. Accommodating wait staff. Reservations accommodated on time!Special Features:
- ConsistentLocalOmahanDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at other Maggiano's across the country and for a chain they do a good job of making it feel like it is a local neighborhood spot. This specific location was packed when we went but the service was efficient and food quality was very good. Sometimes when you are traveling you feel like just having something you know you can count on and Maggiano's consistently has done this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork MilaneseGregDined on 10/17/2014I tried the special..tasted like teryaki sauce with something underneath...not recommended...when the waiter asked how it was, I was honest...he comped my meal and brought us a Tiramisu for 2. This restaurant is a class act. Others might just say "I'm sorry"...these folks will have me coming back...i'll just stay with the pasta next time.Special Features:
- Must come againMariaDined on 10/17/2014Had a wonderful experience. The service was great; the food was very good; and we even got a dinner to take home. Prices were reasonable. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- 25th anniversarydashingdaveDined on 10/17/2014Our Aunts too us to dinner for our anniversary. The food was outstanding,even for my wife who has a hard time with pasta. The chicken marsala w/spaghetti aioli was wonderful as well as the chicken francese with crispy potatoes. Of course the pasta dishes are delicious and they had a buy one take one offer that our Aunts took advantage of with lasagna and spaghetti with meat sauce going home. At the end of dinner,our great waiter brought out two little plates of petit fours to celebrate the occasion,,, on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Time!mealseekerDined on 10/17/2014We very much enjoyed our meal, but had to wait to catch our server's eye on more than one occasion. He also forgot that we were celebrating a birthday, and needed the reminder of the $10 off coupon to jog his memory. He came through with some extra cookies, but we missed the celebratory candle!Special Features:
- Still as good as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014I've been going through a withdrawal ever since Maggiano's pulled out of Southdale in MN. Imagine my excitement to see a Maggiano's a mile away from my hotel in the Chicago suburbs. Immediately I booked a reservation to celebrate my birthday. The food is as good as we remembered with Maggiano's salad, steamed mussels, seafood linguine, tiramisu and lemon cookies. It was a great beginning to a fun weekend in Chicago and college visits for my daughter. I'm willing to overlook the fact that the host did not check us in and having to receive an email from OpenTable for reservation no-show eventhough we DID honor our reservation. Please consider opening a location in Minneapolis, I'd come at least once a week and bring the rest of the family.Special Features:
- They changed the menudiamondebVIPDined on 10/14/2014The portions are smaller, the lemon cookies are different and although it was still good, it seems like they have smaller portions, healthier options and it seemed more corporate than it was before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Our server was very incompetent, food took a long time to arrive WARM, much confusion in settling check. Waited over 20 minutes, then I alerted manager for help in resolving issue, he did not seem concerned. My sister, from out of town, vowed never to return. This was a very unpleasant dining experience.
- great dining experienceBobber1Dined on 10/10/2014We were seated exactly at our reservation time. We were greeted quickly by our waitress. Our food came quickly. Our waitress checked on up several times. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014I had a lunch meeting. great food selections for lighter dining. a little too noisy to carry on a conversation. seating is crowed in to have a private conversationSpecial Features:
- Still on topRemyVIPDined on 10/6/2014This venue apparently has rebounded from some difficulties with servers over the years...It's good to see the place rebound nicely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not pleasantdivoDined on 10/4/2014The prices were reasonable, but the food was fair as was the service. From the onset, we felt rushed, and the place was packed. The portions were large, but none of the dishes we tried were memorable. I would not go again.Special Features:
- Expect great serviceRadiomikeDined on 10/4/2014We were thoroughly impressed by the attention to detail that Maggiano's put forth. Every one of our requests, extra bread, more to drink, etc...was met with no problems, and prompt return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014Waited over 50 minutes before food arrived. Next to us was a table with at lease 20 people and the noise level was unberable. Manager apologized for the delay but said the kitchen was backed up. No way to run a restaurant.
- I wanted the sauce!ChicagoJohnVIPDined on 9/30/2014The service and food at Maggiano's this go-around was great while we were there. The new Light Take items they have offer a great way to get that Italian-craving completed, but with a significant amount of calories and fat reduced. The only drawback and main reason for the lower rating was that this time around was when we tried our leftovers, the sauce my wife left for her ravioli was not included in the to-go box. Menial to pick on this, but a dry, leftover ravioli is not that good, especially when she portioned her sauce during dinner with leftovers in mind.Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Always dependable great food, service, parking. We dine here frequently.Special Features:
- Good place for biz lunchFlynAceDined on 9/30/2014Good overall for biz lunch without breaking the bankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower calorie foodsSkokiemeVIPDined on 9/28/2014My wife tried the lower calories food item. She didn't like the taste. To be TOTALLY fair to the restaurant we did have the option of returning the food item she chose not to. We were told before ordering we could return the food if the taste was not to her liking. The service as always was good and my food was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a treat!maggianosfanDined on 9/27/2014We LOVE Maggiano's and go there for special occasions. We are lucky to have a few Maggiano's close to our home, but we are willing to travel a little farther to enjoy the experience at Maggianos - Old Orchard. While the food is excellent at all the locations, the service is the BEST at Old Orchard. Also, when we make a reservation there we never have to wait, whereas, in Oak Brook, in our experience, there is a reservation PLUS a lengthy wait. So, wonderful food, great service, and no wait time!! Thanks Old Orchard. See you soon! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We were seated right on time. Our server was very kind but overwhelmed with other tables. He seemed always in a hurry. He got our drink order wrong but we didn't say anything cause he was running around. We never got our appetizer until we started eating our dinner. I felt that we were rushed thru our dinner. Not a very good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent service from our server, Hector. Great suggestions for making the dishes what we needed and understood our need to watch calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great price.blueline714Dined on 9/25/2014Maggianos is a busy restaurant, but the attentive wait staff makes you feel like you're the only person(s) there. The food is always tasty and there is more than enough for leftovers. Add the fact that you are also given a take home meal and you have a true bargain for the experience. Maggianos has never been a disappointment in any area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food was wonderful as usual and our server George was great!Special Features:
- Very disappointed...Ames4Dined on 9/20/2014I had good memories of eating at Maggianos from a few years ago. This time though, I was very disappointed. We ordered clams appetizer that had a good sauce but some of the clams were just terrible, with almost a sewer-like taste to them. My dinner entree, shrimp scampi, wasn't any better. The shrimp had a similar off taste, as if there was a hint of something dead in it, and the noodles were kind of blah and didn't have much taste at all. The only yummy thing we got was Tiramisu for dessert. Service was bad. Our waitress didn't make any eye contact, seemed distracted and most of the time was nowhere to be found. Not a good experience overall. I don't think we'll be going back.
- Always good!!jazzerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great food & service. love the 2 for 1 pasta deals, tastes just as good at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guaranteed leftovers2Diners2Dined on 9/17/2014Always large portions, now 2-for-1 pastas, mean lunch the next day included with dinner. Consistently good.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceEaterDined on 9/17/2014Ziti and Rigatoni D were excellent. Only problem was inconsistency of the Peach Belini's. We always order the Peach Belini's whenever we dine at Maggiano's, however this time the first pair of drinks were delicious, the second ones were "over-iced". Way too much ice, leaving chunks and diluting the flavor. Otherwise a great experience. Our waiter Ethan was outstanding....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lighter side menuJB27VIPDined on 9/17/2014New lighter side menu is a huge disappointment. The asparagus was possibly the equivalent of one spear and it was all the bottom ends & the chicken was very dry. The rolls are still not very good-always taste doughy, unlike the sliced bread that they used to serve.
- birthday reviewjackieDined on 9/17/2014food was good. I told the restaurant we were celebrate birthdays and nothing was done.Special Features:
- Reliably great!JenniferDined on 9/17/2014Fantastic food and value. Top notch service. We always bring friends with us when we come to Maggiano'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Night OutJpamulaDined on 9/16/2014We chose Maggiano's as a nice place for the family to enjoy a night out. It turns out that it was a little more stressful than we anticipated and not because of the kids. Our waiter seemed to be a little slower than the other waiters around us and it took a while just to get the bread. My husband also got some pasta stain on his gym shoe as the waiter was clearing the plates and one of the forks fell on the floor. They seemd to address it well, but then asked to send them a bill for whatever it cost to clean. At that point, it will be old news. We also just realized that the to-go container was the same meal that we ordered to dine in and was supposed to be something different. Overall, disappointed with the service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJohnDined on 9/16/2014Great place to go for a weeknight meal. Service at this Maggiano's is outstanding and the food matches.Special Features:
- Fantastaic New Lite MenuDrblackDined on 9/16/2014The waiter encouragedus to try the new Lite menu. He said if we did not like it, he would replace it with the regular menu. The lite menu is great. Your are satisfied without being stuffed. It is half the calories and has the same great taste. Kudos for making this possibleSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Alex took care of us really well, ambiance was great!!Special Features:
- JBJBonfoodDined on 9/15/2014The new lite menu is a winner. Very tasty and satisfying. Server Pete at your Old Orchard location is a real asset to the restaurant. I used to own a small French restaurant, and shamefully, I would have tried to steal Pete from you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To Favorite for Pasta!ForeverSlimmerDined on 9/15/2014Dinner was wonderful, as usual, and so was the service. I have always enjoyed dining here and have never had a bad experience. While I did not have it this time, my absolute favorite dish is the Rigatoni D.Special Features:
- Waiter BusyBarbVIPDined on 9/14/2014Waiter had too many tables and seemed frazzled. Forgot about our requests a couple times and had to be remindedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.