Maggiano's - Naperville
1847 Freedom Drive
Naperville, IL 60563Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 6305362270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jim Nuzzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 847-933-0955 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Naperville
Welcome to Maggiano's Naperville. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The outdoor seasonal patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events. Look for exciting future events on our website, www.maggianos.com. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Maggiano's - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
538 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (333)good for groups (308)great for lunch (170)kid-friendly (152)fit for foodies (145)romantic (142)neighborhood gem (119)notable wine list (87)hot spot (47)great for outdoor dining (46)great for brunch (45)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (28)scenic view (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Service was pathetically slow to receive drinks and food. It took over an hour to receive our meal after ordering. Food was overcooked or cold. Food quality was far below what it was in the past.
- Not the best visit to our fav spotDebszooDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant, and this location in particular. This was not a good experience for us. The food was not as tasty as normal - the pasta dishes were dry and the bread was cold. Service was not good at all - we've always had wonderful service here, but this time our waitress kept ignoring us even when we called her name. She looked at us many times, then walked around to other tables instead of us. We brought another couple along with us, and she put all of our leftovers in one bag and acted like that is normal when we told her we live in different houses??!! Then, problem with the bill and we couldn't get her to come over to the table again. Very frustrating evening at our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was okayRicknNeenDined on 8/30/2014Our first time there. The service was very good and attentive. They seated us right away. To us, the food was okay. I ordered linguine de mare (seafood) - it said to be spicy, but it wasn't spicy at all. I like Biaggi's linguine de mari way better - hands down!! (tastier and spicier). My husband ordered salad, it was good. My youngest daughter ordered mac n cheese, it was ok. My oldest daughter ordered spaghetti meatballs with marinara sauce. The sauce was ok, she said she liked Biaggi's marinara sauce better.Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We've eating at all 3 Maggianos in the area. This location is by far the loudest! Food is always excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden teacherGoldenteacherDined on 8/29/2014Very nice place to eat, good food. We did the family style option and the amount of food was obnoxious. But we did get A LOT of take home food. A great place for a relaxing meal but not if you're in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, Top-Notch Service!chiwolvesfanDined on 8/25/2014We have been coming to the Maggiano's in Naperville since it opened, and we have been blessed to have Jim as our server numerous times. He's either really good at remembering people, or he's really good at pretending to! :) While not overbearing or hovering, he seamlessly fills a need almost before you even know you need it. A refilled bread basket mysteriously appears at the corner of the table, refilled water or soda glass, etc. He provides excellent menu suggestions, gives you the time you need to peruse the menu and NEVER makes you feel rushed, even on a busy night. Very personable, really conveys he loves his job, and kept us laughing throughout our meal. Oh... and the food was bountiful and good too!!! Enough leftovers for days!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014We were there for our anniversary with our family. Food came out quickly, but the appetizer came out after the main dishes. The waiter and manager comped the appetizer, which was great. The chicken in the Rigatoni "D" was amazing, and we love the buy one, take one home feature of the classic pastas. They also gave us lemon cookies as a treat for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and ItalianGiegsDined on 8/24/2014Jim was best waiter we've ever had! Brought more food home than we ate - with great taste and reasonable cost vSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Reservation/seating was on time, but we waited much too long for our food to be served. My shrimp scampi was lukewarm, eating warm shrimp is not pleasant. My son's Fettuccini Alfredo was lukewarm as well, causing the pasta to stick. My other son’s portion of pasta with his Chicken parmesan was much too small. Pasta is one of the least expensive ingredients in dining out, it make a person feel cheated in the long run. Not pleased at all.Special Features:
- Great Itialian food.grandpaDined on 8/24/2014Great food at a good price. Fast service. Wine and drink selection outstanding. Very clean. Full menu with a wide variety of many courses as well as appetizers. The deserts are out of this world. If you don't leave fully satisfied then you don't like Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceclosetfoodieDined on 8/24/2014I brought my husband to Maggiano's for his birthday....it was his first and only choice. We were greeted immediately by our server, Melissa. She saw to our every need without hovering. She even brought my husband a second glass of soda because she noticed his bubbles were gone. I've never had a server do that before. Overall, I love Maggiano's for their service, the value, and ambiance. My birthday is next month, so we're definitely going back.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedmcwilletDined on 8/24/2014Made reservations online because anytime I call, I am greeted by a bad attitude/angry person answering the phone. Upon entering the restaurant, we were barely greeted. I am assuming by the unhappy face, it must be the girl who normally answers the phone and still has a job there because she was answering the phone and making calls out. We were not impressed with the food or attitude. Usually upscale restaurants have people in management who come over and greet/verify with the guests how things are. Either they do not or we missed out on it. The only hype is that our server, Cheryl was the absolute best. We were celebrating 2 birthdays. We gave a high marking for service only because of our server.
- Great foodfthgmrtnVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always enjoy Maggiano's food and service. I had Chicken Francese and it was enough for two meals. So you don't have to order those two for one meals to get enough food for two meals. Two breasts halfs breaded with parmesan and in a lemon butter sauce. Roasted red potatoes were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelBirthdaygirlDined on 8/23/2014It was difficult having a conversation especially for my 90 year old mother. The food was of course delicious as usual & we will be back again. We were seated immediately. The restaurant was at capacity.Special Features:
- Birthday Success!Cole828Dined on 8/23/2014I took my best friend here for her birthday for the second year in a row and as usual, it was amazing. I do wish our waitress had told us that salads were an extra charge but nonetheless everything was perfect. Great wine list! Yummy cocktails and delicious meals! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated my Daughters BirthdayJim3223Dined on 8/23/2014We (8) celebrated my Daughters birthday at Maggiano's Saturday, Bryan gave us great service and all were quite satisfied with the meal and service. Megan and I look forward to dining at Maggiano's , too bad we live so far away otherwise we would be there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kauroraDined on 8/22/2014We had a party of 8 and our server was Diane. She was great, helping up with selections and patient with my 2 grandchildern. We ordered family style and were amazed how the food kept coming. What a great way to celebrate my birthday!Special Features:
- Never disappointsChitowngirlDined on 8/21/2014Maggiano's is a true stand by and a great place to go for special occasions. It is always noisy though so don't recommend it for a quiet romantic dinner. Great, flavorful food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/20/2014So happy to see the bowtie pasta with sundried tomatoes and spinach back! Put it back on the menu please!Special Features:
- Different entreesKAYMoonDined on 8/20/2014This visit, service was quite slow. I did try something different than my usual on this visit, the Rustic Chicken and Shrimp al forno. I was not disappointed, it was excellent and I looked forward to eating my leftovers the next day!!Special Features:
- SmileyDined on 8/19/2014Food was great, portion sizes excellent, Service was friendly. Great experience.Special Features:
- mangiare come un maialePugnaciousVIPDined on 8/18/2014I swear, every time we come to Maggiano's I vow not to eat that much and every time, I come out stuffed because on top of the appetizers, bread, and pasta - I just have to get Nonna's pound cake for dessert. Simply wonderful every time. The classic pasta with the take-home containers are great because we have several meals.Special Features:
- Great place for familiesMilkandCookiesDined on 8/18/2014We sat 6 adults and felt like we were around the family table without other diners intruding on our conversations, nor were we interrupting their conversation. The drinks from the bar were different than the norm and very tasty and plentiful. We are a family of big eaters and no one left hungry; some even brought food home with them. Two salads and two appetizers were sufficient to share among the 6 of us. Maggiano's dinners, though similar in name to dinners we've eaten at other Italian restaurants. all had a pleasingly sharp, unique flavors. This was not just another nice Italian meal out with the family. Once served, we actually slowed our talking because out mouths had something better to do. The waitress was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Froze To DeathTyleratVIPDined on 8/17/2014Service was A+, food usual Maggiano's fare (enormous portions good food). However our family dinner was ruined, yes ruined by the cold temperature. Asked the waitress three times and she could do nothing. Place was packed so couldn't change tables (would not have helped) Either never return or wear my winter jacket.Would have thought someone in management would have been informed and spoken to us. Too busy I guess. Terrible experienceSpecial Features:
- Great!aprilmehDined on 8/17/2014Went with friends and it was quiet and early before lunch crowd! It was very good! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend this restaurantMommabearDined on 8/16/2014The lighting was so dim in restaurant that patrons and bussing crew had to use the flashlights on cell phones to see menu and floors respectively. The waitress politely offered suggestions, however, she didn't come back to offer more water, coffee, etc... The chicken parmigiano was dry, salty, and difficult to cut. The spaghetti noodles tasted like they had been out for hours. They were overcooked and cold. I celebrated a friends birthday here by treating her to dinner at a new restaurant, but, I was extremely disappointed. On a positive note, the manager did remove the parm from the bill and apologized for the meal.Special Features:
- Not the best experience...munchkin10Dined on 8/16/2014I have been to Maggiano's a handful of times but it had been awhile and this last experience makes me think I may never come back again. First off we had a fairly large group (7) and the table we were sat at was so cramped. I couldn't even move my chair out once I sat down or I would hit the person behind me. The service was the worst. She was nice enough but we had to ask over and over for everything. I think it took 4 times for her to remember to bring us more bread. We were there over 3 hours. The food took so long. She would forget our drinks, brought the wrong food and 2 of my friends found hair in their pasta! Gross!!! I know this experience was not typical but it makes me think I won't be back anytime soon.
- Food was great, waiter not so muchvs519VIPDined on 8/16/2014I've been here many times before but this was a first. When I was given the check, the waiter circles the 20% tip suggestion and wrote 'thank you' next to it. It came off as rude. I typically leave around a 25% tip and this left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Great place to eatlove2eatoutDined on 8/16/2014Our food came really fast. Server was awesome, food was great. A nice anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmfcVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food is always consistent: you know what you are getting.Special Features:
- Diminishing ServiceGabriel7Dined on 8/16/2014I love Maggiano's, it's my favorite Italian restaurant, but the service is getting noticeably worst at the Naperville location. I took my wife there this past Saturday for her birthday dinner, and we had one of the worst servers. We had to ask repeatedly for items and at two times we asked the more attentive bus boys to bring us fresh bread and butter because our server never did. We ordered a Mojito and it took 30 mins for the server to bring the drink when I could of walked to the bar, ordered it, payed for it, and walked back to the table in way less time. Maggiano's remains my favorite Italian joint because of the great food, but the service needs major improvement.Special Features:
- yumyumyummyDined on 8/15/2014The overall experience was great! Thank you so much for making the experience a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDaveDined on 8/15/2014Had a reservation & was early, seated before our reservation time. Food was excellent, but service was a little slow & had to prompt for bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best salmon evernancyred61Dined on 8/14/2014My daughter and I came from Glenwood, Il which is about an hours drive for your Salmon Oscar.I had a coupon which was actually for my husbands and my anniversary, he didn't want to drive that far. That's why I brought my daughter. My daughter and I both ordered your salmon oscar. WE told our waitress it was the best meal we ever had. I believe we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014They forgot to bring out my father's dinner and when they finally brought out his lasagna we had all been eating for 20 minutes. 4 people ordered a side of mashed potatoes and everyone said the potatoes tasted "off", and they did not eat them. No one was overly impressed with the meal and we probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food & Plenty of ItswanrobVIPDined on 8/9/2014Went to Maggino's at 8:00pm on a Saturday night, arrived early, and we were seated promptly at 8:00. Drinks and food were served in the proper order and were timely, but I have had more personable service than here, not to say it was bad, just that I have had better. Quality of the food was very good, and the portions plentiful. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Service Not Quite Up to ParCherylDDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good. The service was very slow and not well organized. We had to wait at least 12+ minutes for staff to come and take our first drink order. In addition, we had to ask for silverware and napkins after our appetizers had been delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecxcellent Food and Servicepenny2cpVIPDined on 8/9/2014From crab cake and stuffed mushroom to chicken and spinach manicotti to chocolate zuccotto cake and the service, everything is wonderful.Special Features:
- Cold Pasta and Wilted SaladamywesternburbsDined on 8/9/2014I was disappointed that my salad was limp like they had made a bunch and let them sit, then my pasta (their specialty Capt D's Country Pasta) came to the table cold, which I wasn't expecting at the height of Saturday night service at a place that's known for serving a big crowd. And the broccolini--all stalks and leaves, no "buds". Enjoyed the rest of the evening, though.Special Features:
- birthday celebratiolaurenDined on 8/9/2014Excellent! A lovely evening with great food in a family like setting. Our server was great. The food was prepared perfectly and absolutely delicious. Atmosphere was lovely. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.