Maggiano's - Indianapolis
3550 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 3178140700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm Thanksgiving *Special Hours*: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Garza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 317-814-0717 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Indianapolis
Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Maggiano's - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)good for groups (171)romantic (105)fit for foodies (88)kid-friendly (79)great for outdoor dining (71)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (39)hot spot (25)great for brunch (17)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We went on a Thursday night for my birthday dinner with husband and 4 kids. Maggianos is a good place for large groups and the food is good for a chain restaurant. It's more about quantity and economy. Plenty of leftovers for next day. It was really busy and the service was ok, but declined over the course of our meal. I asked for a booster seat 4 times before one was delivered. Still had fun with my family and will return again bc it's a crowd pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience.PrincipessaDined on 10/19/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived. Our server was very attentive and made sure our 8 yr. old grandson's requests were granted. The meals were hot and delicious. Maggianos "order one and take one home" is the best.......dinner for another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014I absolutely love this place and always go when family comes into town. This was by far the worst experience I had their. We've never sat in the bar area and I'm not sure I'll do it again. Service was pretty poor. I understand that it was a saturday and the kitchen would be somewhat slow but for the most part our server never checked on us. However, I did find him TWICE sitting at one of the other tables. Our food was ran from the kitchen by one of the helpers and we were never approached to see how our meal was. We finally had to call our server over just to get our dessert ordered that came with the meal.Special Features:
- BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great and so was the atmosphere. All drinks and food are ordered through the waitress but it takes a bar tender or someone from the kitchen to bring everything out. Needless to say, we waited 20 minutes for drinks and didn't get to eat for another half hour. We gave the waitress the benefit of the doubt and left her a good tip. They seemed busy. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Visited on a Saturday night with a party of 6. It had been a while since I have been to Maggiano's. Same great food and great service. Our out-of-town guests had never been and loved it.Special Features:
- Casual FineFirstimerDined on 10/17/2014We had our 4 children ages 5 to 14 as a test to see if they could handle a higher level of dining beyond neighborhood grill-and-bar or other non-linen table cloth restaurants. They did well and moreover liked the menu options which thankfully were not limited to grilled cheese and chicken strips. They enjoyed it, we enjoyed it, and we'll likely use Maggiano's as a reference point for them as a 'nice dinner' that they have to earn.Special Features:
- ReviewTinkDined on 10/15/2014My only complaint would be with our waiter as he was not familiar with the menu at all & would have over charged us on our order had we not caught the error. He seemed very scattered the evening we were there. He also kept trying to talk us into purchasing extra items after we clarified exactly what we wanted for our order & we do not care for this type of practice in a restaurant. We had not had these types of issues there ever before or with any other wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014Quite a few new items on the menu. I got to taste two of them and they were pretty good. We hadn't eaten there in awhile, as we were frustrated with the service. BUT I have to say the service this time around was FANTASTIC!!! Perfect blend of professionalism and friendlinessSpecial Features:
- ugh!RufattoDined on 10/13/2014I go to Maggiano's often and I had the worse service ever! The food was excellent but the female server lacked any appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow startPharmguyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We hd reservations and it did not take lone to be seated. Once we got to our table it took over 10 minutes for our server to come to our table. There seemed to be some type of mix up.Special Features:
- Catching Up...AnotherOne57Dined on 10/11/2014We met Dear Friends we haven't seen in several months, caught up on Their Live, Our Lives, Future plans, which includes coming back, and just Our Lives in General, Happy , Happy Time, Great Waiter, and accompanying staff. Awesome Wine !! We had a blast !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialholycowDined on 10/11/2014Maggiano's has great food, a wonderful ambience and superb service. It's a place to go for a special occasion or" just because"! The menu has something for everyone and the order one pasta take one home is an attractive option. The value for what you get is impressive!Special Features:
- unexpected problemgreat2dineDined on 10/9/2014We have enjoyed coming to your restaurant in the past. Unfortunately our last experience was less than desirable. Halfway through our dinner, our waiter brought our "dinner to take home" and placed the bag on a hook attached to our booth. In the past, the waiters have waited until we were finished, boxed up left overs and presented us with the bag at the end of our meal. I felt like we were in a grocery store. When we got home, we found that our food was not even close to what we had ordered. I guess we were supposed to open the containers and check? On top of this, I am a vegetarian and both dinners contained meat. Not sure we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Francisco gets 5+ stars for service. He is awesome. Thank you for posting calories and putting lighter fare on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Anniversary CelebrationcubbyDined on 10/7/2014The food was excellent, as usual, but the service was not good. I asked for an Arnold Palmer, and when I tasted it - not good. My husuband tasted it and told our server that it tasted off. The server went into the kitchen, came back to our table and said several in the kitchen tasted the lemon base and it tasted fine to them. I could not drink it because it wasn't right! He never refilled our glasses of tea, we had to request a dessert menu, and in general the service was sub par. We will definitely eat at Maggiano's again but I do NOT want this same server. The worst service we have experienced there.Special Features:
- Great!LiveforfoodDined on 10/6/2014Food was great and service was amazing! Lots of food choices to choose from and for the money you get what you pay for and it's great you get to take a full meal home my and my girlfriend are for 50 buck and got 4 amazing meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014We drove from Muncie because it was my husbands birthday dinner and the food was very good the service was very slow, it took a very long time for us to get our food then we ordered dessert and that was even longer knowing that we had over an hour drive home. the waitress told us that they must be short a person or two in the kitchen..Special Features:
- MarindyDined on 10/4/2014We took out-of-state visitors here and they impressed with the good and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sethydDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I reserved dinner for our one-year anniversary here. They were incredibly busy, but despite that, we were still able to get our table quickly and our server was fantastic. We could tell he was very busy but we had no qualms about the services. Food was great, maybe a bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- perfectnottoreturnDined on 10/4/2014Made my reservation online with a special request which they honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014Everything was great except the table was too small and everyone kept hitting me walking by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceIndyGaryDined on 10/1/2014Our group of five was treated to awesome service, great food and overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4forfunLindaDined on 9/29/2014The food and service were great. We ate on the patio and it was beautiful. We ordered off of the classic menu so had our meal and got one to take home. Can't get a better value.Special Features:
- Maggiano's in IndyOokie0512Dined on 9/28/2014Maggiano's is among our very favorite restaurants. The service in top-notch and the food is exceptional. We really like the menu options that allow you another meal to take home for later. Sunday we drove two hours round-trip just to celebrate a family birthday with lunch at Maggiano's. Maggiano's is loved by our whole family, from the teenagers to the adults.Special Features:
- Expected Better ServiceblissfulpeonyDined on 9/27/2014I took my best friend here for her birthday. Our server seemed to be on top of things. Our appetizer was brought out in a timely manner, but then it seemed like we were just forgotten about. We were seated at a two person and our plates needed pre-bussed. Another server noticed and took them away. When our entrees came out, she came over and asked how things were. I told her that I never got my salad. Her attitude was frustrating. She stated clearly that it was her fault and didn't really seem to care. Our meal came to an end, our server never bothered to do anything for my friend's b-day (even though it was specified on my reservation). I took her to Flemings instead for dessert. For $80, I expect A LOT better service.Special Features:
- It was okIndyDiner1Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good. The main dining room was loud, food was slow to get, bathrooms were not maintained but food still tasted like the Maggiano's I used to visit. Maybe new management?Special Features:
- lukedog58Dined on 9/27/2014We have always enjoyed Maggiano's food and I especially liked the Shrimp Diabolo (lighter fare). The noise level was not conducive to having a quiet conversation with my husband and I found that distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Initially, when I got my dinner, the pasta wasn't fully cooked and still hard. The waitress took it back and a little later, the chef brought out a new dish for me and he explained how that happens at times. He told me we could choose any dessert we wanted as a compensation. Dessert came with our meal and the waitress didn't even ask us if we wanted something else and brought us some cookies, which disappointed us. The service was adequate, but not the best we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantLindaDined on 9/26/2014I am never disappointed at this restaurant. The service has always been excellent. The food is always great and the portions are large so there is no way you could leave and still be hungry. The atmosphere is great and the people from the hostess to the servers are very welcoming. I come in from out of town and feel it is well worth the drive. I meet with my old high school friends and we all agree Maggiano's is the perfect restaurant for our gathering.Special Features:
- Great!VinceDined on 9/24/2014Great food, great setting, great experience. A lot of food, not too expensive. Well worth what I paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious EveningZinniagardenDined on 9/21/2014We took my son out to celebrate his 21st birthday. We had 5 people in our party. The food was delicious! We tried the Family Style dining option and got to choose 3 appetizers (Chopped salad in a big bowl to share was very yummy, Fried Mozzarella and Bruschetta). We also chose 4 entrees and 2 deserts. It was so fun to try all the different foods. They replenish the dish if your table would like some more. Our waitress was wonderful- she was attentive, but not intrusive. A man from the restaurant brought us a sample of the Lighter Fare version of Chicken Parmesan to try. It has 1/3 less calories than their regular Chicken Parmesan. The women at the table liked it a lot, but the men preferred the full version.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overallAmyfoxDined on 9/20/2014Staff is courteous, and pretty quick. Had to wait past our reservation time, however, staff offered us a beverage. Overall very nice and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Treatdining4funDined on 9/20/2014All in all, the food, service, and ambience added up to a great evening. Thank you, Maggiano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than serviceLocaldinerDined on 9/19/2014Our food was very good but the service was disappointing. We had to ask our waiter twice to refill our bread basket (we were initially given 3 small pieces for 2 people) and had to remind him when we paid our check that we had included a to-go order.Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceDarrellDined on 9/15/2014Great service is hard to find these days but Maggiano's delivered Monday evening. Food was excellent. Highly reccommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, won't be the lastRinderDined on 9/13/2014Had a pretty good experience at Maggiano's. Server seemed to be a bit 'off' with timing and we never got bread until we asked and then it was after the entrees arrived, but we're flexible and just dealt with it. I thought the food was incredibly good and the crab cakes were excellent. One of our party ordered the roasted potatoes, which I will order on my next visit as they were soooo good! Although they were pretty busy we were in and out of there in about 75 minutes. Got charged for something we didn't receive which they fixed. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience...MJB1957Dined on 9/13/2014My daughter and I decided to have a nice dinner on Saturday night so we picked Maggiano's. I have only been there once previous to this and it was fun that I had the same waiter. I really liked him the first time and he did not disappoint me this time. Same great service and same great food. Thank you.Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunchfamilyreunionDined on 9/13/2014Since our mother and father have passed away, my siblings and I have agreed that we will meet every so often to have lunch together as one of the ways that we will stay connected. Indianapolis is the central location for us as we all live throughout IN and OH, and Maggiano's is the restaurant we have chosen. They allow us to sit and visit uninterrupted for an extended time which means so much to us. They have never made us feel like we were being rushed away even when they have a large lunch crowd. They have always made us feel very welcome. The service is always wonderful and, of course, the food is so very good! My siblings and I look forward to many future visits at Maggiano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family NightSandyTDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant was wonderful! Great atmosphere, great food and great service! We will definitely be planning a return visit.Special Features:
- OutstandingDixieDined on 9/11/2014This is my favorite restaurant because of the special care my hypoallergenic meal is given. It is always delicious with a lovely presentation. The atmosphere at Maggianos is purely a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.