Maggiano's - Indianapolis
3550 East 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46240Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (317) 814-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm Thanksgiving *Special Hours*: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Garza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 317-814-0717 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Indianapolis
Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Maggiano's - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)good for groups (182)romantic (117)fit for foodies (93)kid-friendly (84)great for outdoor dining (68)great for lunch (65)neighborhood gem (58)notable wine list (45)hot spot (29)great for brunch (17)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (5)Show More
- A great place as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014I love going to Maggiano's. It never disappoints me. This time we were just there for a casual evening dinner on a Saturday night. The service was outstanding and the food was wonderful. We had the "Date Night" dinner which was very affordable! And we both got another dinner to take home. Quite a deal for $39.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best night at MaggianosamyroetVIPDined on 11/22/2014They must have overbooked because we waited a good 15 minutes after our reservation time. The server forgot one of our items and overall the food just didn't seem as good as it normall does.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner, but parking..... oh boyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Maggiano's, as always. However parking was atrocious!!! There were at least 10 parking spaces blocked by orange cones for valet parking, and no other spaces were available! I felt that the restaurant was attempting to force patrons to use their valet service. We were 15 mins late for our reservation due to having to drive around the parking lot, over and over and over waiting for a space to open up. If we didn't like the food so much (and it is absolutely wonderful) we would not be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a very nice eveningflamingofanVIPDined on 11/21/2014We were celebrating my nieces 17th birthday. We did have to wait quite a while for bread but after that service seemed very timely. My niece and her friend requested a virgin Strawberry Daiquiri, but they were delivered virgin Peach Bellini s. My niece's had candles - which was a nice touch and it was good that the girls enjoyed them as the only question asked before serving was if they had food allergies. We love the take home options and the new fall menu items were delicious. LOVE the dessert sampler and it certainly is the right way to go - 5 desserts for $12.95 versus one dessert for $7.95. Even with reservations, we waited nearly 20 minutes to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!Italiano1963Dined on 11/15/2014A good place to eat. Will come back again. Especially like the free "take home" meal when ordering the classics pastas. The lasagne is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to visit againkirkiferDined on 11/11/2014This restaurant was tried based on a recommendation from a friend. We too will recommend it and will visit again. An Italian restaurant with a chef who knows how to prepare steak and seafood, WOW!!! We ate the high end family style meals the flavors were just right and the meals presented well. For almost $40 per person, I feel like we got great meals and a reasonable price. The only complaint: It was loud and not very representative of a fine dining experience. The overall atmosphere represented a neighborhood corner restaurant more than it represented fine dining, but the crowd seemed to enjoy themselves. They still have valet which some fancier places are starting to skip. Overall, not a terrible component to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDempsVIPDined on 11/11/2014Service was good, unfortunately, the chicken parm was just "average", if that. Dishes the others in our group ordered were better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 11/9/2014It was fine. Server was attentive to our needs. Food was served timely. Upgrades to our choices was offer.
- Dining with children was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The online reservation made our planning easy. We had our grandchildren (and their parents) with us and the kids thought it was the nicest restaurant they'd ever experienced. The food was excellent and plentiful. Our waiter was very helpful seeing that the kids received the "options" from the children's menu they wanted. It was just a splendid evening.Special Features:
- MmmMaggiano'sTntalmaDined on 11/8/2014One of our favorite places to dine. Food is always perfect and the service is outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy FridaycogjcDined on 11/7/2014Good food, but 6:30 reservation resulted in a 25 minute wait for a table. Appetizers were brought out to large crowd in lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014Everything was FABULOUS! The lighter fare was good, the seasonal special was excellent.Special Features:
- Might have picked wrong day to goNotahappycamperDined on 11/2/2014Service was slow and out of the entree that I wanted.Special Features:
- Dining reservation preferenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014When I made the reservation, I requested a private table for two. We were seated in the center of the room against the wall overlooking the dining area. I wouldn't exactly call that a private table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedamooreDined on 11/1/2014We have dined here many times and brought with us another cpl who have never been here and I'm sorry to say it was the worst service we have ever received. Usually we never have a service problem. Hopefully the service will be better the next time we go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutisfunDined on 11/1/2014Very crowded , but we had a reservation and didn't wait long. Service was good. Food was average but amount was good. My eggplant parmesan could have been a little crisper. Overall, good experience and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaindawgDined on 10/31/2014This visit to Maggiano's was the first time the restaurant we visited did not have our Open Table reservation, despite the fact that I had it on my calendar.
- LindaLindaDined on 10/31/2014Maggiano's will always remain my favorite restaurant because the food is excellent and the service awesome. I have been at this restaurant many times and I have never been disappointed. I highly recommend Maggiano's.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014This was our first time at Maggiano's but it won't be our last. The food was out of this world excellent. It was a little too noisy to call it a romantic get-away spot, but for foodies, families, and groups looking for a great meal, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Very slow service on a Saturday night could not overcome the good food. Note to waitstaff: If the kitchen gets backed up, at least appear to be concerned.
- WjjkDined on 10/25/2014Very good food and popular. Long wait despite reservations.Special Features:
- First ever glitchDixieDined on 10/25/2014We love Maggianos and always reserve there for dinner at 6 pm before our Indy POPS concerts at 8 pm. That has never been a problem in the past. Lesson learned this time: Tell server immediately if we are on a deadline. We were seated at 6 pm. The chef spoke to me about my hypoallergenic meal that I always have there, always prepared to perfection, and said he would start it. The restaurant became very busy. My meal never arrived till 7:20 and had to be boxed up to take along! Short-staffed? The manager waived our entire bill and apologized. We made sure the server got his tip because he did absolutely everything he could to get our order out. We have no clue what went wrong. We were late to the concert and could not be seated initially.Special Features:
- Maggiano's Couples Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014I sometimes forget about this restaurant thinking it's too generic. We went last Saturday night and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our server was very attentive. We shared a salad among the four of us, which is the perfect serving size. I had the butternut squash ravioli. It was delicious. My friend had the pork dish on the special menu. She thoroughly enjoyed it. We finished our meal by splitting a piece of chocolate cake, which again made it the perfect serving size for four people. I love the 50's music playing in the background of the restaurant. It's a fun atmosphere. My entree included a pasta dish to take home, which made my daughter very happy when we came home.Special Features:
- New Menu ItemsclcdashDined on 10/25/2014Zucchini is a great starter to share. If you love Fettuccini Alferdo but want to cut the calories try the lighter side Fettuccini with Chicken a smaller portion available on their buy one take one home menu. It isn't like the real deal but it is tasty. If you go online to look at their new menu you will find a $5.00 coupon for the New Menu items.Special Features:
- Great as always!AndyDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food and service! Always a treat. The new fall selections look yummy.Special Features:
- A DelightjanetwildtreeDined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. The zucchini appetizer with lemon aioli was very good. It had huge slabs of zucchini which as a surprise. The classic pasta promo was a ton of food at a great price. A very nice surprise! The service was a bit slow especially when we said up front that we had tickets to a show to catch. We were late for the show unfortunately.Special Features:
- excellantpkrosebudDined on 10/24/2014Always such a good place for friends and food! One of the best restaurants in Indy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerRockdaughterDined on 10/23/2014We went on a Thursday night for my birthday dinner with husband and 4 kids. Maggianos is a good place for large groups and the food is good for a chain restaurant. It's more about quantity and economy. Plenty of leftovers for next day. It was really busy and the service was ok, but declined over the course of our meal. I asked for a booster seat 4 times before one was delivered. Still had fun with my family and will return again bc it's a crowd pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014We had an extended family gathering at Maggianos. The place was packed and the servers were scrambling to keep up. Our food took longer than normal due the the kitchen being slammed. Our server did a nice job of keeping us informed. Tthe food was very good and up to the usual Maggiano's standard. We will eat there again.Special Features:
- Another great dining experience.PrincipessaDined on 10/19/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived. Our server was very attentive and made sure our 8 yr. old grandson's requests were granted. The meals were hot and delicious. Maggianos "order one and take one home" is the best.......dinner for another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014I absolutely love this place and always go when family comes into town. This was by far the worst experience I had their. We've never sat in the bar area and I'm not sure I'll do it again. Service was pretty poor. I understand that it was a saturday and the kitchen would be somewhat slow but for the most part our server never checked on us. However, I did find him TWICE sitting at one of the other tables. Our food was ran from the kitchen by one of the helpers and we were never approached to see how our meal was. We finally had to call our server over just to get our dessert ordered that came with the meal.Special Features:
- BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The food was great and so was the atmosphere. All drinks and food are ordered through the waitress but it takes a bar tender or someone from the kitchen to bring everything out. Needless to say, we waited 20 minutes for drinks and didn't get to eat for another half hour. We gave the waitress the benefit of the doubt and left her a good tip. They seemed busy. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Visited on a Saturday night with a party of 6. It had been a while since I have been to Maggiano's. Same great food and great service. Our out-of-town guests had never been and loved it.Special Features:
- Casual FineFirstimerDined on 10/17/2014We had our 4 children ages 5 to 14 as a test to see if they could handle a higher level of dining beyond neighborhood grill-and-bar or other non-linen table cloth restaurants. They did well and moreover liked the menu options which thankfully were not limited to grilled cheese and chicken strips. They enjoyed it, we enjoyed it, and we'll likely use Maggiano's as a reference point for them as a 'nice dinner' that they have to earn.Special Features:
- ReviewTinkDined on 10/15/2014My only complaint would be with our waiter as he was not familiar with the menu at all & would have over charged us on our order had we not caught the error. He seemed very scattered the evening we were there. He also kept trying to talk us into purchasing extra items after we clarified exactly what we wanted for our order & we do not care for this type of practice in a restaurant. We had not had these types of issues there ever before or with any other wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2014Quite a few new items on the menu. I got to taste two of them and they were pretty good. We hadn't eaten there in awhile, as we were frustrated with the service. BUT I have to say the service this time around was FANTASTIC!!! Perfect blend of professionalism and friendlinessSpecial Features:
- ugh!RufattoDined on 10/13/2014I go to Maggiano's often and I had the worse service ever! The food was excellent but the female server lacked any appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow startPharmguyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We hd reservations and it did not take lone to be seated. Once we got to our table it took over 10 minutes for our server to come to our table. There seemed to be some type of mix up.Special Features:
- Catching Up...AnotherOne57Dined on 10/11/2014We met Dear Friends we haven't seen in several months, caught up on Their Live, Our Lives, Future plans, which includes coming back, and just Our Lives in General, Happy , Happy Time, Great Waiter, and accompanying staff. Awesome Wine !! We had a blast !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialholycowDined on 10/11/2014Maggiano's has great food, a wonderful ambience and superb service. It's a place to go for a special occasion or" just because"! The menu has something for everyone and the order one pasta take one home is an attractive option. The value for what you get is impressive!Special Features: