Maggiano's - Houston
2019 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (713) 961-2700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Rodgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 713-961-3030 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Houston
Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Maggiano's - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (150)special occasion (131)great for lunch (81)romantic (74)fit for foodies (71)kid-friendly (51)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (40)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (33)great for brunch (21)late-night find (18)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Always a safe betOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014We went for dinner for my daughter's 23rd birthday. As always, the food was great and the ambiance wonderful. The only issue I had was we were rushed a bit through the meal as the server seemed anxious to get us through the meal, which really detracted from the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disruptive Birthday CelebrationwhatDined on 11/13/2014Of all the restaurants, I picked Maggiano's to celebrate my birthday! I made sure to make a reservation, because I know how busy the other locations have been. When they sat us, they sat us right next to the dishes. It was a horrible experience to hear clanging every 5 minutes. I'm still shocked that they would pick that table, of all tables...to hold for my reservation. Luckily most of the food was very good, otherwise my birthday lunch would have been a disaster :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a deal!lovegoodfoodDined on 11/10/2014We would love to eat here once a week, but we a long drive to the restaurant, so we make it for "special occasions". The menu for "buy one to eat and take one home is a deal"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn down the ACBirthdayBunchDined on 11/8/2014I know it is hard to believe it gets cold in Houston, but it does. It was even colder inside Maggiano's on Saturday night. It was in the Mid 60's (inside) and the ceiling fans were on high. We asked the waiter to turn the fans off or make it warmer. He said there had been a water leak and he did not think the manager would make an adjustment. No Manager came by and the fans were not turned down As a result, we had an overall unpleasant goose bump filled experience (the food even got cold quickly). My family loves this restaurant so we will likely return, but we will not stay if it is this cold again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Coming from an Italian American family, this is one if the few places I can say has made delicious and authentic cuisine. Even for being considered a chain or franchise, this is superior to many mom and pop type Italian restaurants Another note is their consistency. The food tastes great and the same everytine I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and rudeHoustonfoodieDined on 11/6/2014The hostess was incredibly rude and the live music from the other end of the restaurant in the bar was too loud. Food came almost too fast and was bland.Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday dinnerSparklesDined on 11/6/2014Took a very close friend out for his birthday. He loves Italian food so i was hoping Maggianos would be impressive, and it absolutely was. The staff is very nice, the food was amazing, and the atmosphere was exactly what I was looking for. Great job Maggianos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post football dinningTrueItalianDined on 11/2/2014Great family style dinning after an enjoyable game. Good food and plenty of it, family and fun what else could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LifetimeTSVIPDined on 11/2/2014I always enjoy Maggianos and this time was no different.Food was great.Server was great and the over all experience would have been great had it not been for the hostess.Hopefully management realizes they need someone who is more attentive and enthused to be the first point of contact at their establishment.One our friends was running late.When she arrived the hostess told her "they're at table 11." How was she to know where table 11 was? Did she not deserve to be properly seated (especially by a hostess who WAS NOT BUSY AT ALL)? The hostess also did not give my 3yo a kids menu w/crayons and I had to ask twice for a booster which I finally ended up getting myself because, as she said, "oh I forgot." Again, the place was not busy at all.Special Features:
- Very accommodating for large groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014My daughter dined at Maggianos prior to her homecoming dance with a group of ten. The restaurant was very accommodating for the reservation for the group, and informed us ahead of time about a special homecoming menu. The food and service were excellent, and the dinner moved smoothly.Special Features:
- great place for lunchoverthehill2someDined on 11/1/2014The food was very good. We are pleased that we can talk and not have to yell over the music.All in all we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!VoltaiccoffeeDined on 10/31/2014This is one of the first restaurants that I was taken to when I moved to Houston and now I take anyone who visits to Maggiano's questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and funCatnotesDined on 10/31/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. You can take as long as you like. the food is excellent, the service friendly without being overbearing. You can go casual or dress up as you prefer. The bar hosts a small dance floor and a friendly group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our waiter was outstanding !CustomerDined on 10/30/2014Food was very good but our waiter made the meal exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring an appetiteWadeDined on 10/25/2014We found Maggiano's to be a great "go-to" place for satisfying our Italian food cravings. My Linguine Di Mare was a huge portion, served in a large bowl. I found the sauce to be to thin and watery, but the dish was chocked-full of seafood. I added grated parmesan to the sauce, which made it much better. My wife and daughter tried the Gnocchi with Sausage, which they found to be very satisfying. We also found the live band to be very entertaining and a good addition to the lively bar scene area. (We sat in the dining area, right adjacent to the bar.) However, our waiter could have been more attentive, and the lighting should have been dimmed to a more subtle level for evening dining. It's a solid find, for authentic Italian fare.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first time dining at Maggiano's. I went on a Saturday night and I had a 6pm reservation. i was running about 30 minutes late but they still honored my reservation. I only had to wait about 5 minutes to be seated. This is a hot spot located in the Galleria Mall area. This place has a romantic feel to it but it can get a little noisy on the weekends because it of the kid-friendly atmosphere. I had the Balsamic salmon which was very good. I will be placing this restaurant in my special occasion rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajmrajmrDined on 10/24/2014Pretty nice place and excellent restaurant recommended to celebrate a special moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceDougDined on 10/24/2014Went here for a business lunch. Everything was great at first - the food was great the waiter was good. However, I order a dessert as did some of my colleagues and they got their dessert but mine never came. I had to remind the waiter at least 2 times plus ask another waiter for my dessert. By the time I got it everybody else was done with their dessert so they sat there and watched me eat mine! All I got was ice cream with fudge on top - not a difficult dessert...Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014I hadn't eaten at Maggiano's for quite some time and I was very disappointed in the food. My husbands meal was a chicken dish that had so much cheese on it he had to take it off. I had mussels over pasta and sent it back because the mussels tasted really fishy. Not a good experience
- Very nice ladies lunch.DoxielvrDined on 10/22/2014I got four expat friends together for a great lunch, lots of talking and excellent service. Our waiter was a gem and let us sit and talk well after the lunch rush. And pasta to take home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchBizlunchDined on 10/22/2014Very good for a business lunch. Reasonably quiet, good service - right amount of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014My server was great and the food was amazing the only problem is that although I did make my reservations on line, before my grandmother arrived I told the ladies in the front that it was my grandmothers 79th birthday. At no point was this mentioned during our dinner and although others had happy birthday sang by the staff we were not. I have been to this restraunt several times before so the food was of no concerne. Luckly my grandmother still had a great time but....Special Features:
- Need Maggiano's on my side of townChatoDined on 10/18/2014WOW, what a great dining experience! I made a reservation we were seated promptly even though there were people waiting for tables. The waitress came by quickly and had tea on our table within 5 minutes of being seated. My date and I chose the $40 meal (I forgot what they call it) which allows you an appetizer, 2 entrees for now, 2 entrees to take home, and a dessert . We started with calamari which was exquisite. My 4 cheese ravioli was good, and the lasagna was awesome (I was only able to convince my date to give me one bite). We then had the Apple Crostada, which was also great. Then, we had to decide on a to-go meal! My date found it amusing that I kept going "Mmmmmmmmmm" during our dinner. Great service, great food, inexpensiveSpecial Features:
- Love Maggiano'sDiscriminatingDinerDined on 10/18/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food and service are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service and a ton of foodjheddDined on 10/16/2014Amazing dining experience. It's excellent bang for your buck as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousHappyDined on 10/16/2014We only had 45 min and had a delicious meal and left for our class on timeSpecial Features:
- Reservationswalt2jDined on 10/11/2014I really enjoy Mariano's-Houston. It was for my wife's birthday and we just wanted to invite a few close friends. I loved the food and atmosphere, I just want do it so late the next time. I like it when it is a little more quite so I can hear the other people that I am talking too. Beautiful decor and I love the band also.Special Features:
- good culinary experienceJORGEautotecnicaDined on 10/10/2014Meals were great, waiter must be pay more attentionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Many thanks for creating the perfect environment for my business lunch. Excellent food, excellent service.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!GretchenDined on 10/7/2014Several of us tried the new 'lighter' menu items and they were all very good!Special Features:
- overall goodfoodie1920Dined on 10/4/2014I enjoyed myself. My server was polite. The food was better than I expected. The place was packed the live music was nice. It was worth waiting past our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's Sat. 10/4/2014DotMcDined on 10/4/2014It was as usual a great dining experience. Our server was attentive, helpful and available but did not hoover. The food was outstanding. We tried the Gnocci and Sausage for the 1st time and it is now a favorite. Always love the Chicken Marsala and Chicken Parmesean. Wonder evening! Can't wait for the next visit. Thank youSpecial Features:
- SherDined on 10/4/2014The food was delicious and our server, Rudy, was extremely attentive, friendly, & as always offered outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 10/3/2014Great service and the fettucini was outstanding! Portions are huge!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRaySugarLandDined on 10/2/2014We've been here for lunch with business associates. The Grilled Salmon, lemon and herb, was very good. The calamari, however, was over done.Special Features:
- Our favorite place081853gbDined on 9/30/2014We always anticipate a lovely experience and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious pastaloveitDined on 9/28/2014Can not wait until I get back. good was delicious. Excellent options to take home. very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Delicious Delious Delicous!ClintAVIPDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the Chef's Selection Family style meal. For $38.95 a person it is a bargain! It includes 3 appetizers. We chose calamari, stuffed mushrooms, & spinach artichoke dip. All 3 were equally amazing & cooked perfectly! You get to pick 4 entrees. We had lobster carbonara, filet mignon, rustic chicken and shrimp pasta and veal with mushrooms & wine sauce. So incredible! The flavors are amazing and again the food is cooked perfectly. It doesn't stop there. It also includes two desserts. And when I say two desserts it's actually double portions of each. So much food! They are serious when they say you will not leave hungry. In fact you will leave with a ton of delicious food to take and enjoy again. Can't wait to do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the Food's always goodrondlDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Magianno's many times. There are three things that are always a guarantee. 1. The portions are huge!!! 2. The food is always good. 3. The service is mediocore at best. Recent visit it happened again. A plethora of good food. But they got 4 of 6 orders wrong. I wish I could say that this was an isolated event but I have never been there when everyone got exactly what they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Consistent FoodcharlesDined on 9/26/2014We always dine at Maggiano's whenever we're in Houston and are never disappointed with the food and service.Special Features: