Maggiano's - Houston
2019 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 7139612700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Rodgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 713-961-3030 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Houston
Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Maggiano's - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Maggiano's - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (193)special occasion (192)great for lunch (122)romantic (99)kid-friendly (77)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (40)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- Grrrrr8billDined on 9/14/2014As usual,great food,great service. Love this place.Special Features:
- Obese generatorsFoodmexVIPDined on 9/13/2014Huge groups, lack of touch, enormous quantities of food in a plate with no flavor, just tons if sauces surrounded by poor service. If you're looking to spend the least amount of money to get a big pile of junk, this is it.
- repeat customerlantanaranchDined on 9/11/2014I have been going here for years. Their food and service are always fantastic. Our waitress heard me say it was my parent's anniversary and brought them a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentNicoleVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and excellent Service. Consistent each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with good food.TheDinerDined on 9/3/2014So let's start with good. Anton and Mo were excellent in service as they constantly followed up on us with our needs and ensured that no one is kept waiting. Additionally, probably the main reason I would go back. Furthermore, the food was good and was not expecting it to be great as they're always busy which ia good for them. I would certainly make sure chicken is not over cooked which in this case it was. Now the unfortunate part of the survey, since there were 12 of us and it was confirmed the morning of that we are all going to be there, I think they should've put us somewhere in little less noisy compare to placing us in the middle of the dining room as we had toshout to speak to other people in the group. Overall good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my style of ItalianILUVITALIANDined on 8/30/2014As my title states not my style of Italian, very noisy ,very hard to have a normal level of conversation , a lot of kids (which would be great if I wasn't out for a meal without my kids), I had the country style pasta which was good , way too much to finish . Wife had chicken saltimbocca,which she didn't like , way too much sauce and chicken was just bland. Accompanying pasta was drowned in some type of sauce , overall I enjoyed mine she hated hers, service was brilliant and can't fault that one bit, to be honest was surprised it was so good seeing how busy the place was. Parting suggestion ..reserve a table ..very busy and popular restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner With FriendsHappyBirthday64Dined on 8/30/2014Maggiano's has been my go to restaurant for several years for special occasions and again they did not disappoint. The food was delicious, our waiter was friendly and very patient with us- we are a challenge. The dessert is our favorite. The sampler plate offers small servings but enough for each of us to have a sample of all five choices. It's wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food - great atmosphere!DutchDined on 8/30/2014Exceptional selection of great Italian food! Wasn't disappointed with the taste of the meal as well....wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- Great food, great locationJrushDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed the food and atmosphere, great location. Re come dedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014The staff was outstanding. We called and changed our reservation at the last minute and there were able to accommodate three groups of people and put us seated near each other. Our server was very good. The portions were very large and tasted good too! It had been a few years since I had eaten at Maggiano's but I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathDined on 8/27/2014I made my reservation on line and was very impressed when I received a telephone call from Maggiano's the day of my reservation to confirm. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full plate"PucciniDined on 8/26/2014First time at Maggiano's, though had heard about the copious amounts of food served. It is true. Could not make a dent in my plate pf spaghetti with one giant meatball. Offered a second dinner to take home which is nice gesture, but I really hate to see so much food go to waste. Perhaps I just don't have a Texan appetite! Service was great, friendly and efficient, food good but does not get an excellent rating.Special Features:
- DisappointmentSadGuestDined on 8/24/2014I'm usually excited to go and eat here, but my last visit was a huge dissappointment. Some of the pasta was hard and stuck together in big clumps. Plus, my empty tea glass was never refilled. Since we were close to the water-tea station, we got it ourselves.Special Features:
- Great place for a special timeLindaDined on 8/24/2014Also, go to Maggiano when I want a wonderful time with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CustomerLuvitalianDined on 8/23/2014I could not have a better experience as I did Saturday night. I told everyone at work along with family members. We will definitely be back numerous times in the future.Special Features:
- Good foodBirthdayblueDined on 8/23/2014The food at Maggianos was good. I took my friend for his birthday. I told the waiter it was his birthday but the waiter did not offer to bring a candle for our desert to celebrate his birthday even though we saw other waiters do it for their clients. The Tiramisu was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as always!rebeccasDined on 8/22/2014Chicken Parmesan "lighter" was very good. We ordered two slices if chocolate mousse cake not realizing how huge they were. Next time will share! Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our waiter was incredible and the food was delicious!!! We celebrated our 25th anniversary with 5 of our boys and we were very pleased that we'd made the choice to dine at Maggiano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicePrettyPoshDined on 8/21/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. We chose the Family Style option. The food kept coming! Everything was delicious... especially the desserts. I will be coming back again sometime soon.Special Features:
- Great food-Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Very enjoyable evening. Eddy was a very nice, efficient server. We will return!Special Features:
- Still nice after all this time...DeeTheFoodieDined on 8/17/2014Took my 5 y.o. son and wife here last Sunday, after 11 a.m. service at Lakewood Church (it was her birthday lunch). She had never been and I hadn't been since high school, ages ago. We all enjoyed the food, thoroughly, and it seemed they were doing a promotion whereas you get to take home a 2nd meal with the cost of your main one. Reminded me of another Italian restaurant, but with better tasting food. I'd stated in the comments section of my online reservation, that this lunch was celebrating my wife's birthday. There not a single acknowledgement by the server and the hostess who read the OpenTable reservations didn't ask me about it. Another, there was a huge party next to us that was very loud, with kids banging knives together.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodaimboDined on 8/16/2014I have been to several Maggiano's across the US. They are always good. The food is consistent as are the service and facilities.Special Features:
- You will not leave hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The family style leaves you with massive amounts of food. We had a good time. My family thought it was over priced and too loud. I liked that they all got to try different foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingspoiledDined on 8/16/2014Food was amazing. Service was great. Had a romantic evening for a special occasion. Would definitely go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BASH!CruiseLadyDined on 8/16/2014Celebrating a 52 yr. olds birthday. Everyone was delighted with the choice for our luncheon party! Great service, lovely atmosphere and good food! You just cannot beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !!!ScottDined on 8/15/2014The food and waitstaff was Amazing !!! They are always top notch !!!Special Features:
- Great Food and Better ServiceMzDupDined on 8/15/2014I really enjoy going to this place and every time I go it is another memorable event with food.. I am blown away every timeSpecial Features:
- excalVIPDined on 8/14/2014A little bit fancier version of Olive Garden... Nothing special..
- Great Locationgr8foodDined on 8/14/2014This Maggiano's is one of the best ones I have eaten at! Great food, great service, and close to the Galleria. It is expensive, but you get a lot of food to take home with you afterwards. If you are staying at a hotel, make sure you have a fridge and microwave! Try adding some cheese to the oil mix.. delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decaf ExpressoZozoDined on 8/13/2014I have been going to maggiano's for over 15 years. They have a non-sophisticated southern Italian cuisine with the perks of a fancier restaurant. They ALWAYS had decaf expresso once Americans upgraded themselves in coffee knowledge but this last time, I was informed that they took it out of the menu. For people like me, who grew up with an expresso at the end of a meal and decaf is a must, Maggiano could be loosing clients that can go accross the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicewinendineDined on 8/9/2014This was the perfect choice for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary dinner together. The food was great and service was excellent! We had an outstanding waiter! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had only one small problem with the evening and that was a mix up at the reception desk. We were over looked for our table but once that was worked out the food was exellent and so was the service. The manager more then made up for the mix up at reception by buying us a few of our items from the check. That made up for any annoyance caused by the mix up. I would go there again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont ReturnUgh12345Dined on 8/9/2014Place was noisy with large groups of people who let their young children run around. Waiter was one notch above rude.
- Great food, and service every timeHchoiceDined on 8/9/2014This is one of only two restaurants my husband enjoys! We visited the first time a few months ago on our "staycation weekend" in the Galleria area, and enjoyed the food and the prices. So as we were out and about this weekend he suggested that we go to Maggiano's. He doesn't venture out from his comfort zone of food, but I try different things and he will taste it. So far there hasn't been anything he's disliked at Maggiano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowNBusoDined on 8/9/2014I've been to one in Denver and loved it. I took my wife here for her birthday. It did not disappoint. Everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NimieDined on 8/9/2014"We enjoyed the service and atmosphere of this place. We're frequent dinner guests and definitely would return to try more dishes. Everyone loved the choices specially the Classic Pasta menu. Service was well-timed and friendly."Special Features:
- raysmileysrraysmileysrDined on 8/8/2014The food was great and served in generous portions. The service was impeccable and the reservation was honored on time with special request honored as well. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014If you go once you will want to come back. They had live music, the food is very good and the customer service from the wait staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeAlexDined on 8/7/2014We have a great time we went to celebrate a birthday and we find great food great service we had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great consistent mealRmooreDined on 8/5/2014Great consistent meal as always, family style is perfect for groups with differing tastesSpecial Features: