Maggiano's - Hackensack
70 Riverside Square
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 2012212030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott C. Rabedeau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 201-221-2045 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
- Special Events: We feature unique specials from Executive Chef Scott C. Rabedeau and frequently host exclusive wine dinners & special entertainment events in our beautiful private banquet rooms which hold from 20 to 200 guests. Call us for more details.
- Cross Street: Hackensack Avenue & NJ Route 4
- Public Transit: The New Jersey Transit buses 756 and 762 both stop at The Shops at Riverside. The New Jersey Transit Train - Pascack Valley Line stops at the North Hackensack New Bridge Landing station which is only 1 block (about a 1o minute walk) from us as well.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our Guests may use our complimentary 5 deck covered parking garage, surface parking lot, or valet parking (available Thursday & Friday evenings and all day Saturday)
A word from Maggiano's - Hackensack
Welcome to Maggiano's in Hackensack. We are conveniently located in The Shops at Riverside just minutes from Manhattan, Garden State Parkway & Route 4. Our 300 seat dining room is ideal for your next social or business event. Maggiano’s blends the tradition of family, the celebration of friends, & the cuisine of authentic Italy in an atmosphere often said to be reminiscent of pre-World War II Little Italy. We offer an exciting menu full of Old & New World Southern Italian recipes, popular house specialties, irresistible desserts, & a large selection of unique wines. The seasonal outdoor patio seats 25 & has an old-world feel of dining on the streets of Tuscany. The daily Happy Hour is perfect to unwind after a full day of work or shopping. Look for upcoming special events in our beautiful fully private banquet rooms such as our wine dinners or murder mysteries. Our popular curbside carryout & delivery services make getting a great meal effortless. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Maggiano's - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (123)special occasion (82)kid-friendly (66)fit for foodies (52)romantic (37)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- It's marvelous!!!GingiDined on 10/18/2014Maggiano's is the place to go to for good food. The service staff is friendly and very knowledge not only about the menu but also helped in choosing a wonderful red wine. You are never rushed out so you can actually sit and enjoy the ambiance and the great music by Mr. Frank Sinatra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Absolute Must!!!!KKLuvzDined on 10/18/2014I love love love Maggiano's! !! Staff is friendly and professional. Set up of restaurant was great! ! Food is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightWhataniteDined on 10/17/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody. I like the fact that you can make reservations. The service was great and the good was great also. And believe it or not but the prices aren't too ridiculous at all and that's what I loved about it because I spent a reasonable amount on the dinner and also got a free meal to take home in the end which was lovely. I enjoyed myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiaon's, better than most!1414Dined on 10/17/2014First time a little nervous because Maggiaon's reccomdation came from a friend who can't pick a good movie. The Chicken Marsala was excellent. Also the Solman was even tastier! The service was good, dedicated servers runs in and out of the kitchen while your server attends to you. A very large restaurant but with social area's for gatherings. The pricing for two, no alcohol was, I didn't have to do a double take, it was acceptable, very nice portions. Go and enjoy!Special Features:
- Good dinnerEveyDined on 10/11/2014Food and service were very good. The only problem was the wait. We had a reservation for but had to wait20 minutes to be seated.Special Features:
- Have a Reservation . . . .?BernadetteFDined on 10/11/2014. . . still be prepared to wait. The place was PACKED although we got a seat at the bar, which allowed us to have a drink while we waited for our table. We did snag a nice booth, which kept us away from the constant comings and goings from the kitchen. Overall, we had a lovely meal -- the food continues to be delicious and satisfying. One thing I was surprised by was how expensive our dinner was -- the days of the $26 meal WAY over. The plan, next time is to go back at an off-time (late-lunch/early dinner?) to enjoy a less frenetic experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Very enjoyable evening, all staff was very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateFirerose37Dined on 10/7/2014I went to celebrate my birthday, and my twin brother's, with our father. We made a reservation and we were promptly seated. Our server was very friendly and very intuitive to our needs. We had a great time, and they even put candles on our dessert. It was a great dinner. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above in a Mall settingSportsFanDined on 10/7/2014... had a birthday celebration, with my mother and daughter. the early arrival meant less crowd and therefore less noise. the food was expected italian, with all dishes well-prepared and presented. there wasn't a "wow"-factor, but there was no disappointment. the service was stellar and the little touches in observance of the special day were unexpected and greatly appreciated. maggiano's is a solid choice for a cut above italian.Special Features:
- Great experienceYearandhalfanniversaryDined on 10/5/2014Loved the food to the service . It was my anniversary and the staff was very prompt with everything making my dinning experience special . The food was more then amazing as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats & drinks time$ well spentwmnofknowledgeDined on 10/4/2014Great place to dine just a lil noisey on expected high traffic timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait is too longwith reservationlongwaitDined on 10/4/2014why do I have to wait 25 minutes ........after my reservation time.........for my table? why does this always happen? Likely because they OVERBOOK! It is no mistake. At least try to comply with the reservation time. Telling me that you "can't kick people out" is no excuse for not having reserved tables ready. You planned this....stop making believe that you have no control over it!Special Features:
- Complete disappointmentAthenaVIPDined on 10/4/2014I felt I was in a warehouse with tables and chairs. The food was delivered super fast, the plates were not served but thrown on the table. As for the food was fast salty food. We left everything on our plates. Not worth $130.00 for dinner for two. Completely disappointed.Special Features:
- nice returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014I have been to many Maggianos.. Last night was a nice return.. The chopped salad should never be altered, so amazing.. Thank you!! Dessert was my favorite Nonnas pound cake.. just as delish as i remember.. I will be back for Jeff Mann's chick/ricotta meat ball and country pasta, I will be asking for Tara as server.. She was great!!!.. Kudos to the hostess too who gave us our favorite kind of table upon request..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Maggiano'sjazz2dineDined on 9/27/2014The food was superb. The new "lite" menu was delicious without feeling stuffed. Excellent drinks. A very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband Howard & friend Mary Jane both had the 'Salmon Oscar' which is not on the new menu. I had my favorite, Rigatoni D. Always a delicious experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lite menu optionItalialiteDined on 9/19/2014Th litel option menu option was tasty and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedTedB1Dined on 9/18/2014Food was fantastic on our anniversary meal - great place to come back to and the food selection and taste of same is always simply scrumptious. They go out of their way to make your meal and you as a customer special. Thanks. Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAshPDined on 9/16/2014This was my first time going to Maggiano's and I had a great experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- great experience82bHapiDined on 9/14/2014loved the cozy ambiance, food was satisfying, loved the portions. total experience was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So busyeater7Dined on 9/13/20148pm reservation turned into 9 as no tables were ready. Food was delicious but they didn't give is our take home pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RESERVATIONS MEAN NOTHING HERE.BruceNJDined on 9/13/2014Had a 7:30 reservation and had to wait half hour to be seated. Not a good sign when the first thing your waitress says is the kitchen is "a bit backed up". When I asked "how backed up" she didn't know. 40 minutes later we get our food. Tilapia was warm, not hot with an ok taste. Thiswas the best meal at the ttable Eggplant parmesan..mushy.Couldn't tell what was sauce and what was eggplant. Spaghetti was CRUNCHY. Baked zit....not hot and cheese was not melted. Lasagna. .over cooked or left under the headlamps too long. I never saw lasagna so dark colored before. This is a great restaurant for people who don't know what good Italian food should be. Will never return again.
- Rough experienceBirthdayDinerDined on 9/13/2014Having dined at other Maggiano's in the past, we expected better. The gist of our experience was the length it took for our entrees to come to the table. It probably took an hour and when they did, not all of the entrees made it to the table. Some of the dishes were also cold and could tell had been sitting in the kitchen window. One guest had to wait even longer for their entree and then the side dishes took even more time until we were already finished eating our entrees. Management did take care of the issues on the check, but never approached the table to apologize especially after the entrees arrived one-short. We had a good time because of who we were with at the table, but would've loved a better dining experience.
- Friends getting togetherfamilyoutingVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was horrible. Cold stuffed mushrooms, over cooked chicken, way over seasoned meat!! Wine and beer very over pricedSpecial Features:
- What fun3rdxsthecharmDined on 9/10/2014Our waitress Sheila was awesome! She was attentive and fun. The food (as always) was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennyDined on 8/31/2014Pleasantly surprised with the food. Can't wait to go back with other friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodandiDined on 8/29/2014We had a great time with a party of 6. We did individual meals and placed the kids order with the appetizers, everything came out really quick. Service was great, the food wss average but not super good. I tried a little bit of my son's flat bread pizza but it was really bad, burnt and tough to chew. I had the gnochi with sausage and didn't like it it was way to spicy. Everyone else's food was ok. They order chicken francaise and linguini carbonara with lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st complaint everKenJVIPDined on 8/28/2014My 12 yr. old daughter come there every few mos. per my previous reviews. We were seated immediately in a nice booth, as the restaurant was near empty & 100% empty on our side. We knew what we were ordering, but it didn't matter as no one came by our table for a solid 15-20 mins. after we were seated! I actually flagged down a female server who graciously offered to take our order. The food was excellent as usual, but our server, Mathias, was completely inattentive until it came time for the check. He did find time to have a 10 min. loud, animated conversation w/ people in the next booth while we were dining 3 ft. away. It was the 1st time in a very long time that I left a minimal 15% gratuity. Will be back but never w/ him, Jeanna only!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasion!PickyeaterDined on 8/25/2014From the moment we arrived at Maggiano's the experience was a great one. The spacious restaurant was only a third full when we arrived, but still felt lively. We were greeted at the table by the Sous-chef who brought us a free appetiser plate 'since it was our first visit to Maggiano's'. The waitress was prompt, friendly and had great recommendations. The food was good and arrived quickly. Dessert was amazing and we were given an extra slice of cheese cake for my friend from the UK who can not had a chance to try New York cheese cake yet. This Maggianos is even better than the one we liked in Las Vegas. My friends who I had brought there for a farewell dinner before they flew back home were delighted with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Dinner at Maggiano'sFamily2getherDined on 8/24/2014We made reservations and were seated promptly. The food was plentiful, and delicious, but we felt two of the entree dishes should have had more sauce. The service was great, but we had requested lemons for our waters when we asked for water and never received them. It was more noisy than usual and I felt that I had to ask my other guests to repeat cause I had trouble hearing them. It appeared to have many birthday gatherings. We would definitely recommend others to go to Maggiano's for dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old Italian restaurant feelAllyCDined on 8/24/2014Just bigger. Cute decorations. Sinatra playing. Checkered table clothes. Fun family restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Better ServicegwapnitskyDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. Unfortunately, they tried to put 5 large guys in a booth capable of holding 3 regular-sized people. When we asked for a regular table, they gave us some attitude and after 10 minutes finally seated us at a larger round table.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great service. Way too much food. Family style. Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Extended menuFRENCHYBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very good food, great ambiance, good desserts. Very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PartyBirthdayGirlDined on 8/19/2014We had 7 people in our party, and did the "classic" family style dinner. There was so much food, that we took almost as much home as we ate at the restaurant. Delicious though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeGBTDWWMYDined on 8/18/2014As always we had another great time at Maggiano's of Hackensack. This visit was special tho because we were saying goodbye to a great friend that we have made there. My family and I always feel so welcomed ans wanted when we are there. Its our favorite place to dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous to First TimersJCRedDined on 8/16/2014Service was a little slow getting our drinks out, but then picked up and became rewarding. Our server asked if it was our first time at Maggiano's, which it was. After this, the Sous Chef, Manuel Linares came out to introduce himself and gave us two free appetizers (bruschetta and fresh tomato & mozzarella). My 4 year old niece was with us too and got a kids dinner that had a choice of ice cream or lemon cookies for dessert. She chose the ice cream which our server brought out and decided to throw in two free servings of the lemon cookies for all of us anyways. Food was very good, and the service was very generous. I recommend the pasta dishes since its practically a two for one deal.Special Features:
- Feels like homeApollo77VIPDined on 8/16/2014Maggiano's Hackensack isn't just a restaurant. It feels like you're dining in a family home among friends. Our experience was made even better by our server, Anthony Romeo. Anthony recommended various dishes that he thought we would enjoy, and he was right! From Salmon Oscar, to Beef Tenderloin, to Crab Cakes, to a great assortment of desserts, Anthony truly made us feel at home and enjoy the entire experience. The food is well prepared, and there is a HUGE variety for every taste. Prices are very reasonable for what you get, and the service is second to none. For any occasion, you will enjoy a dinner outing here.Special Features:
- Outstanding!ad415Dined on 8/9/2014As my first time dining at Maggianos I didn't know what to expect but was thrilled. Food was wonderful! We were a party of 8 and chose the Family Style all you could eat. Menu options were abundant and the food was plentiful! My family is already asking when we can go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014When a bunch of errands had to be done at the mall , we decided to make a reservation and have dinner there. Salads and flat breads are good . But , entrees are quite mediocre "Special Features: