Maggiano's - Hackensack
70 Riverside Square
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 2012212030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott C. Rabedeau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 201-221-2045 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
- Special Events: We feature unique specials from Executive Chef Scott C. Rabedeau and frequently host exclusive wine dinners & special entertainment events in our beautiful private banquet rooms which hold from 20 to 200 guests. Call us for more details.
- Cross Street: Hackensack Avenue & NJ Route 4
- Public Transit: The New Jersey Transit buses 756 and 762 both stop at The Shops at Riverside. The New Jersey Transit Train - Pascack Valley Line stops at the North Hackensack New Bridge Landing station which is only 1 block (about a 1o minute walk) from us as well.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our Guests may use our complimentary 5 deck covered parking garage, surface parking lot, or valet parking (available Thursday & Friday evenings and all day Saturday)
A word from Maggiano's - Hackensack
Welcome to Maggiano's in Hackensack. We are conveniently located in The Shops at Riverside just minutes from Manhattan, Garden State Parkway & Route 4. Our 300 seat dining room is ideal for your next social or business event. Maggiano’s blends the tradition of family, the celebration of friends, & the cuisine of authentic Italy in an atmosphere often said to be reminiscent of pre-World War II Little Italy. We offer an exciting menu full of Old & New World Southern Italian recipes, popular house specialties, irresistible desserts, & a large selection of unique wines. The seasonal outdoor patio seats 25 & has an old-world feel of dining on the streets of Tuscany. The daily Happy Hour is perfect to unwind after a full day of work or shopping. Look for upcoming special events in our beautiful fully private banquet rooms such as our wine dinners or murder mysteries. Our popular curbside carryout & delivery services make getting a great meal effortless. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Maggiano's - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (161)special occasion (117)kid-friendly (96)fit for foodies (65)great for lunch (60)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (44)great for brunch (34)great for outdoor dining (30)notable wine list (25)hot spot (20)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- So busyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/20148pm reservation turned into 9 as no tables were ready. Food was delicious but they didn't give is our take home pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RESERVATIONS MEAN NOTHING HERE.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Had a 7:30 reservation and had to wait half hour to be seated. Not a good sign when the first thing your waitress says is the kitchen is "a bit backed up". When I asked "how backed up" she didn't know. 40 minutes later we get our food. Tilapia was warm, not hot with an ok taste. Thiswas the best meal at the ttable Eggplant parmesan..mushy.Couldn't tell what was sauce and what was eggplant. Spaghetti was CRUNCHY. Baked zit....not hot and cheese was not melted. Lasagna. .over cooked or left under the headlamps too long. I never saw lasagna so dark colored before. This is a great restaurant for people who don't know what good Italian food should be. Will never return again.
- Rough experienceBirthdayDinerDined on 9/13/2014Having dined at other Maggiano's in the past, we expected better. The gist of our experience was the length it took for our entrees to come to the table. It probably took an hour and when they did, not all of the entrees made it to the table. Some of the dishes were also cold and could tell had been sitting in the kitchen window. One guest had to wait even longer for their entree and then the side dishes took even more time until we were already finished eating our entrees. Management did take care of the issues on the check, but never approached the table to apologize especially after the entrees arrived one-short. We had a good time because of who we were with at the table, but would've loved a better dining experience.
- Friends getting togetherfamilyoutingVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was horrible. Cold stuffed mushrooms, over cooked chicken, way over seasoned meat!! Wine and beer very over pricedSpecial Features:
- What fun3rdxsthecharmDined on 9/10/2014Our waitress Sheila was awesome! She was attentive and fun. The food (as always) was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennyDined on 8/31/2014Pleasantly surprised with the food. Can't wait to go back with other friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodandiDined on 8/29/2014We had a great time with a party of 6. We did individual meals and placed the kids order with the appetizers, everything came out really quick. Service was great, the food wss average but not super good. I tried a little bit of my son's flat bread pizza but it was really bad, burnt and tough to chew. I had the gnochi with sausage and didn't like it it was way to spicy. Everyone else's food was ok. They order chicken francaise and linguini carbonara with lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st complaint everKenJVIPDined on 8/28/2014My 12 yr. old daughter come there every few mos. per my previous reviews. We were seated immediately in a nice booth, as the restaurant was near empty & 100% empty on our side. We knew what we were ordering, but it didn't matter as no one came by our table for a solid 15-20 mins. after we were seated! I actually flagged down a female server who graciously offered to take our order. The food was excellent as usual, but our server, Mathias, was completely inattentive until it came time for the check. He did find time to have a 10 min. loud, animated conversation w/ people in the next booth while we were dining 3 ft. away. It was the 1st time in a very long time that I left a minimal 15% gratuity. Will be back but never w/ him, Jeanna only!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasion!PickyeaterDined on 8/25/2014From the moment we arrived at Maggiano's the experience was a great one. The spacious restaurant was only a third full when we arrived, but still felt lively. We were greeted at the table by the Sous-chef who brought us a free appetiser plate 'since it was our first visit to Maggiano's'. The waitress was prompt, friendly and had great recommendations. The food was good and arrived quickly. Dessert was amazing and we were given an extra slice of cheese cake for my friend from the UK who can not had a chance to try New York cheese cake yet. This Maggianos is even better than the one we liked in Las Vegas. My friends who I had brought there for a farewell dinner before they flew back home were delighted with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Dinner at Maggiano'sFamily2getherDined on 8/24/2014We made reservations and were seated promptly. The food was plentiful, and delicious, but we felt two of the entree dishes should have had more sauce. The service was great, but we had requested lemons for our waters when we asked for water and never received them. It was more noisy than usual and I felt that I had to ask my other guests to repeat cause I had trouble hearing them. It appeared to have many birthday gatherings. We would definitely recommend others to go to Maggiano's for dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old Italian restaurant feelAllyCDined on 8/24/2014Just bigger. Cute decorations. Sinatra playing. Checkered table clothes. Fun family restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Better ServicegwapnitskyDined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent. Unfortunately, they tried to put 5 large guys in a booth capable of holding 3 regular-sized people. When we asked for a regular table, they gave us some attitude and after 10 minutes finally seated us at a larger round table.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great service. Way too much food. Family style. Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Extended menuFRENCHYBVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very good food, great ambiance, good desserts. Very good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PartyBirthdayGirlDined on 8/19/2014We had 7 people in our party, and did the "classic" family style dinner. There was so much food, that we took almost as much home as we ate at the restaurant. Delicious though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeGBTDWWMYDined on 8/18/2014As always we had another great time at Maggiano's of Hackensack. This visit was special tho because we were saying goodbye to a great friend that we have made there. My family and I always feel so welcomed ans wanted when we are there. Its our favorite place to dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous to First TimersJCRedDined on 8/16/2014Service was a little slow getting our drinks out, but then picked up and became rewarding. Our server asked if it was our first time at Maggiano's, which it was. After this, the Sous Chef, Manuel Linares came out to introduce himself and gave us two free appetizers (bruschetta and fresh tomato & mozzarella). My 4 year old niece was with us too and got a kids dinner that had a choice of ice cream or lemon cookies for dessert. She chose the ice cream which our server brought out and decided to throw in two free servings of the lemon cookies for all of us anyways. Food was very good, and the service was very generous. I recommend the pasta dishes since its practically a two for one deal.Special Features:
- Feels like homeApollo77Dined on 8/16/2014Maggiano's Hackensack isn't just a restaurant. It feels like you're dining in a family home among friends. Our experience was made even better by our server, Anthony Romeo. Anthony recommended various dishes that he thought we would enjoy, and he was right! From Salmon Oscar, to Beef Tenderloin, to Crab Cakes, to a great assortment of desserts, Anthony truly made us feel at home and enjoy the entire experience. The food is well prepared, and there is a HUGE variety for every taste. Prices are very reasonable for what you get, and the service is second to none. For any occasion, you will enjoy a dinner outing here.Special Features:
- Outstanding!ad415Dined on 8/9/2014As my first time dining at Maggianos I didn't know what to expect but was thrilled. Food was wonderful! We were a party of 8 and chose the Family Style all you could eat. Menu options were abundant and the food was plentiful! My family is already asking when we can go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014When a bunch of errands had to be done at the mall , we decided to make a reservation and have dinner there. Salads and flat breads are good . But , entrees are quite mediocre "Special Features:
- Great food, great deal!fooddude88Dined on 8/2/2014I heard about Maggiano's from a friend who frequents the Cherry Hill location. When he told me about the buy 1 pasta, get 1 to take home deal, I knew I had to check it out. Right now, locations are few and far between so I had to go to one about 30-45 minutes from home but it was definitely worth it! I made a reservation online the day before since I planned to go on a Saturday night, which was a good idea because by the time we got there it was packed. It took them about 10 minutes to seat us, which is why I knocked a star off. There were others seated before us who arrived after us WITHOUT a reservation and we were also seated in the bar area instead of the dining room which was a bit disappointing with a reservation. Food is DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jsm82Dined on 8/2/2014The wine was 10$ a glass for a small glass. Way overpriced. Left a bad taste in my mouth to be overcharged that way
- Great as always!PierzyDined on 8/1/2014Maggiano's never disappoints. The service is always top notch and the food is like a family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchTneckMOMVIPDined on 7/29/2014Met a friend for lunch and it was delicious as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience,service,foodKatelynnmarieDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time here and I have to say it was fantastic and will definitely be coming soon!! The chef came out and not only did he welcome us but he brought us out some fresh motzarella cheese and tomato dish on the house.. We were amazed and thought that was very nice and is something that sets them apart . The food was absolutely AWESOME! I never clean my plates but I did here! My boyfriend and I had a great night! Thank you guys for great food and a great experience!! We will see ya all soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad idea if there are partiesNJCharmDined on 7/26/2014I originally made a 7pm reservation for two just in case it was busy. I arrived at 6:15pm. I asked the hostess if we could be seated earlier, she stated, sure it would be about 5-10min wait. That was not a problem. As we waited I noticed that there were a few groups (over 5 ppl) and at least one group of almost 30 ppl. Well we continued to wait and that was when I noticed walk ins of two where being seated. I realized that the hostess obviously lied and was going to make us wait until 7pm. That would've been fine if she stated that originally. A group of 7ppl were nearby and also upset, they approached hostess about other ppl being seated as they waited. He suggested instead that tables be combined for them instead of seating the walk ins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family styleYyyyyyyyyyyyDined on 7/19/2014Food is consistent , family style works well for larger groups service really goodSpecial Features:
- Food was terrificMarthaDined on 7/18/2014We ordered from the family style menu. Three different price levels...worked out great for a family of four. Great atmosphere, delicious food, and our server was outstanding! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Good Family FareOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014Family style is the way to go. Unlimited amounts of very good Italian food. Perfect for large families or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like this placeGene455Dined on 7/13/2014The food is very good and the portions are generous. The staff goes out of its way to make sure you are happy. This is a good family style restaurant and a good place to take large groups as well.Special Features:
- Good experiencefoodieDined on 7/13/2014Good experience. The food was very good, appetizers were excellent, server was fantastic.Special Features:
- 1st experience A+snowballDined on 7/12/2014We were immediately greeted upon entering the door and seated promptly. Our server Anthony introduced himself to us with bread in hand just as we were sitting down. We were never in need as he made sure to check on us even with stacks of dishes in his hands from other tables. We were very well taken care of and our food was in front of us before we knew it. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceDinner3Dined on 7/12/2014The service was very good and the food good. I would go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingBobbe3Dined on 7/11/2014I was very disappointed with both the service and the food quality. I had been there a few times earlier and felt I would give them another chance. Unfortunately they failed miserably. I will not be back.
- Great food!FoodieDanVIPDined on 7/9/2014I really enjoyed the food here, and the service was exceptional!Special Features:
- Great first experienceluv2eatDined on 7/7/2014I had great company and the food was so good I could not overlook it. Wonderful welcome, great service, friendly accommodating servers. Unhurried, no sense of impatience, smiles all round, great camaraderie among servers, and a sense of genuine helpfulness. Reasonably priced food, commodious tables - it was all round the best dining experience that I've had in a long time. It was my first time and I am glad I was introduced to this restaurant. I'll return.Special Features:
- Appetizers & Mealsdiner9Dined on 7/6/2014The food was very good. I liked the ziti and the gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and serviceJKsCrewDined on 7/5/2014Staff was attentive. We had a couple of special requests due to food allergies and was accommodated perfectly. Waitress made us feel welcome and that we were her guest. Very nice feeling and we will return.Special Features:
- TrainingwoodstockVIPDined on 7/3/2014Unfortunately our waitress was in training...And what we hoped would be a realaxing dinnner turned into a fiasco. I guess they need to practice on someone but really???? Apolgies and coupons but sometimes you just want a relaxing dinner without drama.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Excellent food and great atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.