Maggiano's - Hackensack
70 Riverside Square
Hackensack, NJ 07601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Hackensack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: (201) 221-2030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Marcelo Dutra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 201-221-2045 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
- Entertainment: We feature monthly special events in our banquet rooms such as wine tastings, murder mysteries, dueling pianos, live bands, and more!
- Special Events: We feature unique specials from Executive Chef Marcelo Dutra and frequently host exclusive wine dinners & special entertainment events in our beautiful private banquet rooms which hold from 20 to 200 guests. Call us for more details.
- Cross Street: Hackensack Avenue & NJ Route 4
- Public Transit: The New Jersey Transit buses 756 and 762 both stop at The Shops at Riverside. The New Jersey Transit Train - Pascack Valley Line stops at the North Hackensack New Bridge Landing station which is only 1 block (about a 1o minute walk) from us as well.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our Guests may use our complimentary 5 deck covered parking garage, surface parking lot, or valet parking (available Thursday & Friday evenings and all day Saturday)
A word from Maggiano's - Hackensack
Welcome to Maggiano's in Hackensack. We are conveniently located in The Shops at Riverside just minutes from Manhattan, Garden State Parkway & Route 4. Our 300 seat dining room is ideal for your next social or business event. Maggiano’s blends the tradition of family, the celebration of friends, & the cuisine of authentic Italy in an atmosphere often said to be reminiscent of pre-World War II Little Italy. We offer an exciting menu full of Old & New World Southern Italian recipes, popular house specialties, irresistible desserts, & a large selection of unique wines. The seasonal outdoor patio seats 25 & has an old-world feel of dining on the streets of Tuscany. The daily Happy Hour is perfect to unwind after a full day of work or shopping. Look for upcoming special events in our beautiful fully private banquet rooms such as our wine dinners or murder mysteries. Our popular curbside carryout & delivery services make getting a great meal effortless. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Hackensack - Best Restaurants in Hackensack ›
Maggiano's - Hackensack reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (124)special occasion (84)kid-friendly (68)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (40)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (20)hot spot (19)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014We have eaten at Maggiano's several times and each time the food is excellent. The menu has many great selections. The classic pastas...order one take one home is a wonderful offering. My husband had the lasagna and brought an eggplant parmigiana home and I had the butternut squash ravioli which was delicious. I brought home a lasagna. The waiter was very accommodating, but not hovering which we like. Reservations are a must since Maggiano's is a very popular place to eat. We did not order an alcoholic drink or have desert because the food was very filling. We paid $50.00 which included the tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do date night right!PickyPandaDined on 11/21/2014Take your sweetie, share great food, good wine, laughs, and a few kisses. Simple. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visit if u have a large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014YOverall, the experience was good. We certainly had plenty to eat. The only complaint I have is the front desk staff. I had made a reservation leaving some pretty clear requests. Well those were all ignored. Eventually we found someone who was willing to help and we finally we decided to stay. The young ladies at the desk syhowed no concern for our situationour review must be at least 50 characters.Special Features:
- Great dinner, as alwaysKathyDined on 11/16/2014As, always, food was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive. We ate in the bar area, which was quitter and cozier. It was a relaxing, enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and busy family diningCaddycatDined on 11/15/2014Reservations are a must especially on weekends. Ours were for 5, but when we got there we informed them that we had an infant with us and they made an accommodation right on the spot. Other families with infants and small children were made welcome there too. The place was clean, bustling and noisy. We ordered 'family style' and it was fresh, hot and good. There are always 'seconds' if we asked for more. The Chicken Piccatta was excellent. My husband is picky about the calamari, and it was not over-done, just perfect and crispy. Our server was gracious and attentive. I would recommend this place for family gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to go for dinner.Dzr5Dined on 11/14/2014Decided to try Maggiano's on a recent Friday date night and it did not disappoint. Very good food, nice ambiance and fast, attentive service. Would def go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come again...NiceGyDined on 11/13/2014Really nice food, very pretty space (although the red checkered tablecloths are an odd contrast with the elegant room), and a terrific waiter, who was personable, attentive, and professional...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDined on 11/8/2014My overall experience at Maggiano's was excellent. Service was outstanding. We never had to ask to have our glasses refilled. Our waiter was efficient. We had 5 people in our party, 3 of which had birthdays and one of those 3 was also celebrating a College Graduation. The waiter was kind enough to put 4 candles in the Tiramasu dessert we ordered. Very thoughtful. We ordered the Family Style Dinner. Plates were refilled promptly. I have nothing negative to say. Our experience was great. We will be back soon. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Celebrated my mom's bday! They got a cake with a candle and that was a sweet gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It at Maggiano'slovetoeatgoodfoodAKHBDined on 11/7/2014Maggiano's is a good place to meet up with friends or family. The service is friendly and there is no rush which makes it ideal for large gatherings. Lunch time can be very quiet which is nice but it can get a bit loud at dinner which can either add to the festivity or take away from it depending on your noise level tolerance. The food is generally very good and the option to take food home is a nice touch. I've been there for anniversaries, birthday parties, a family reunion and a quiet dinner with my husband and have not been disappointed. For dinner time, make sure to make a reservation well in advance as it can be quite busy. It is very kid friendly and our grandson stated, "I LOVE Maggiano's, I want to live there!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good at allLM123VIPDined on 11/3/2014I've been to Maggiano's several times with a crowd. This last trip was on a quiet Monday night. On this night we had to ask 4 times for water which took 20 minutes to arrive. Some of the of the dinners were not prepared correctly and the chopped salad was skimpy on ingredients. There was also an excessive amount of salt in the food. Will not be returning any time soon. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014Came for the buy one pasta and get one free. Great table, service and food. Manager came by to see if everything was good. Waitress fantastic.Special Features:
- Ok food useless reservation makingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Ok Food. Forget about reservations. You will have to wait no matter what.
- Good mall dining experienceBergenmomDined on 11/1/2014First time for dinner at Maggiano's. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was delicious. We had 2 very well prepared entrees, the Light Chicken Piccata was excellent, my husband's seafood canneloni dish was very good too. Crowded and a little noisy but service was good and quick and the food was superior to many mall attached restaurants. A good place for families for a special occasion as entrees are mid price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!DelishDined on 10/31/2014Love the food, for its taste and Portions. Culinary excellence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NEW ADDITION ON THE MENUFRENCHYBVIPDined on 10/29/2014A LITE MEALS..IT S DELICIOUS!!!! ALMOST HALF THE CALORIES, BUT THE FLAVOR IS IN THE DISH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The family style ordering is great! Lots of food and choices so everyone can get some of different things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimehappyDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The waiter was as pleasant and helpful as can be. The food was excellent. Love the marinara sauce. The ports were great. The prices were very reasonable. Also love when they give you free pasta to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!FancyDined on 10/24/2014I absolutely love this place!!!! The food was delish! The cocktails were refreshing! We had an excellent waiter! I will definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- motherDined on 10/24/2014Let me just say, I have been to Maggianos before and must say that I may never go back. The past 2 times I went I was deeply disappointedSpecial Features:
- On the lighter sideFatmanfriendlyDined on 10/23/2014Nice to see the restaurant consider less calorie but good food. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's marvelous!!!GingiDined on 10/18/2014Maggiano's is the place to go to for good food. The service staff is friendly and very knowledge not only about the menu but also helped in choosing a wonderful red wine. You are never rushed out so you can actually sit and enjoy the ambiance and the great music by Mr. Frank Sinatra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Absolute Must!!!!KKLuvzDined on 10/18/2014I love love love Maggiano's! !! Staff is friendly and professional. Set up of restaurant was great! ! Food is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightWhataniteDined on 10/17/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody. I like the fact that you can make reservations. The service was great and the good was great also. And believe it or not but the prices aren't too ridiculous at all and that's what I loved about it because I spent a reasonable amount on the dinner and also got a free meal to take home in the end which was lovely. I enjoyed myself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiaon's, better than most!1414Dined on 10/17/2014First time a little nervous because Maggiaon's reccomdation came from a friend who can't pick a good movie. The Chicken Marsala was excellent. Also the Solman was even tastier! The service was good, dedicated servers runs in and out of the kitchen while your server attends to you. A very large restaurant but with social area's for gatherings. The pricing for two, no alcohol was, I didn't have to do a double take, it was acceptable, very nice portions. Go and enjoy!Special Features:
- Good dinnerEveyDined on 10/11/2014Food and service were very good. The only problem was the wait. We had a reservation for but had to wait20 minutes to be seated.Special Features:
- Have a Reservation . . . .?BernadetteFDined on 10/11/2014. . . still be prepared to wait. The place was PACKED although we got a seat at the bar, which allowed us to have a drink while we waited for our table. We did snag a nice booth, which kept us away from the constant comings and goings from the kitchen. Overall, we had a lovely meal -- the food continues to be delicious and satisfying. One thing I was surprised by was how expensive our dinner was -- the days of the $26 meal WAY over. The plan, next time is to go back at an off-time (late-lunch/early dinner?) to enjoy a less frenetic experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Very enjoyable evening, all staff was very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateFirerose37Dined on 10/7/2014I went to celebrate my birthday, and my twin brother's, with our father. We made a reservation and we were promptly seated. Our server was very friendly and very intuitive to our needs. We had a great time, and they even put candles on our dessert. It was a great dinner. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above in a Mall settingSportsFanDined on 10/7/2014... had a birthday celebration, with my mother and daughter. the early arrival meant less crowd and therefore less noise. the food was expected italian, with all dishes well-prepared and presented. there wasn't a "wow"-factor, but there was no disappointment. the service was stellar and the little touches in observance of the special day were unexpected and greatly appreciated. maggiano's is a solid choice for a cut above italian.Special Features:
- Great experienceYearandhalfanniversaryDined on 10/5/2014Loved the food to the service . It was my anniversary and the staff was very prompt with everything making my dinning experience special . The food was more then amazing as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats & drinks time$ well spentwmnofknowledgeDined on 10/4/2014Great place to dine just a lil noisey on expected high traffic timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait is too longwith reservationlongwaitDined on 10/4/2014why do I have to wait 25 minutes ........after my reservation time.........for my table? why does this always happen? Likely because they OVERBOOK! It is no mistake. At least try to comply with the reservation time. Telling me that you "can't kick people out" is no excuse for not having reserved tables ready. You planned this....stop making believe that you have no control over it!Special Features:
- Complete disappointmentAthenaVIPDined on 10/4/2014I felt I was in a warehouse with tables and chairs. The food was delivered super fast, the plates were not served but thrown on the table. As for the food was fast salty food. We left everything on our plates. Not worth $130.00 for dinner for two. Completely disappointed.Special Features:
- nice returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014I have been to many Maggianos.. Last night was a nice return.. The chopped salad should never be altered, so amazing.. Thank you!! Dessert was my favorite Nonnas pound cake.. just as delish as i remember.. I will be back for Jeff Mann's chick/ricotta meat ball and country pasta, I will be asking for Tara as server.. She was great!!!.. Kudos to the hostess too who gave us our favorite kind of table upon request..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Maggiano'sjazz2dineDined on 9/27/2014The food was superb. The new "lite" menu was delicious without feeling stuffed. Excellent drinks. A very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenVIPDined on 9/26/2014My husband Howard & friend Mary Jane both had the 'Salmon Oscar' which is not on the new menu. I had my favorite, Rigatoni D. Always a delicious experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lite menu optionItalialiteDined on 9/19/2014Th litel option menu option was tasty and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedTedB1Dined on 9/18/2014Food was fantastic on our anniversary meal - great place to come back to and the food selection and taste of same is always simply scrumptious. They go out of their way to make your meal and you as a customer special. Thanks. Maggianos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAshPDined on 9/16/2014This was my first time going to Maggiano's and I had a great experience. The food was delicious and the service was excellent as well.Special Features: