Maggiano's - Durham
8030 Renaissance Parkway
Durham, NC 27713Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Durham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 9195720070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Fitzgibbons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 919-572-0188 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Durham
Welcome to Maggiano's Durham located in the Streets of Southpoint Mall. The mall is 5 miles from Research Triangle Park off Interstate 40. Please call us for more specific directions. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seats 25 and has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Maggiano's - Durham - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Maggiano's - Durham reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (187)good for groups (168)romantic (103)great for lunch (81)fit for foodies (76)kid-friendly (65)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (36)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (9)Show More
- Unfortunate Again...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014This was my second time to Maggiano's in Durham and once again I was quite disappointed. My food looked like it had sit under a food lamp for an hour and tasted like it too. There's really not much more to say.Special Features:
- Excellent food, beautiful setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time eating at MAGGIANO'S and it was very good. Food was very tasty, seating area was comfortable, was very crowded and not noisy. That was a plus 10 alone. The restaurant is beautifully designed. Inside and outside. Elegant. Can't wait to go back. I Drove 55 miles to get there and I will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggianosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We went with two people who have never gone to Maggiano's and ordered from the family style menu. They thought the food was very good and liked the choices. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and the new healthier choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lighter sideBettyDined on 9/18/2014Once again had a wonderful meal at Maggiano's. They have a new lighter side that is simply delicious. I got the baked ziti. They substituted chicken sausage for the port sausage and made the sauce lighter. But they made it with alot of flavor and I believe they cut it to half the calories. You have to try it!! Very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suisse19Dined on 9/17/2014food is always good; buy one, get one deal is fabulousSpecial Features:
- Our Go-To place for occasionsEssieinNCDined on 9/15/2014Hubby and I come here for all our special occasions: birthdays, anniversaries, family visits, whatever the celebration is!Special Features:
- celebrateDined on 9/13/2014Though noisy and very busy, lots of hustle and bustle, service was attentive and food was delicious. We were celebrating a new job, perfect place for a fun event. Would definitely making a reservation to avoid a possible lengthy wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorpoorDined on 9/13/2014You need to train your wait staff. This was our first time in 2 years because off the low Food rating score. I will not return again. I would not recommend it to my friends.
- LIGHTER TAKELyzaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Bi-monthly diners at Maggiano's, we were very disappointed Saturday evening when we entertained our house guests. Our reservation for 7pm was made a couple days earlier and we were seated in a lovely booth per our request. Our server was very friendly, but he commented that our below issues were with the beverage/food runners. Our bottle of wine never arrived until we inquired about it when our warm/tepid entrees were served. Only one couple was served the salad ordered; the other couple received their salad after getting the attention of our waiter and asking what happened. Hence, salad served and the entrees probably sat finished under a warming light due to this screw up. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Been to Maggianos many times. Food iis always good. Wine prices high but can live with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014food and service were really great. tables were too close together... person sitting at table behind me kept bumping into my chair just to be able to get out of theirs. as the evening went on the music level became so loud I had trouble having a conversation with the people at my table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite SpotFood4ThoughtDined on 9/12/2014We always look forward to stopping at Maggiano's whenever were in the area. Most of the time we have a great meal with great service. This night was no exception. This is a very busy place so if you want to not wait for a hour or two.... that's not unheard of... you need to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereexceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Cesar salad was dry, food was ok. I expected much more of the food than what I got. It was nothing special at all. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, the decor was exceptional h h h uhh . U cbc y u g "Special Features:
- New Lighter MenuApexCrazyDined on 9/12/2014Wanted to try the newer "lighter" menu so I ordered the chicken parm. Not as good as the original but good for a reduced calorie dish. It was better the second day when I ate the leftovers. Old menu item crabcakes were as good as ever. No lighter but good. The server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday and AnniversarybushDined on 9/7/2014I had a birthday on the 7th and 35 years married on Sept. 8th. Dined there on Sept. 7th and it was wonderful. had a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one star at best.TTNY007Dined on 9/6/2014Ordered soup took 3 people to find a spoon, by then you guessed it the soup was cold. Wanted desert but waiter never asked. Salad had no dressing on it, to bad there was no waiter to ask for dressing. Food was cold. The list is endless. Save your money, plenty of other choices in the area.
- SteelieDined on 9/6/2014We had an incredible time celebrating my husband's birthday. Food was fabulous!! Our waiter - Parker was Fantastic!! We sat upstairs for the first time and it was beautiful experience. Love the view of all of the activity downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrahamNCDined on 9/6/2014Made reservations and was seated on time. Food was great and we had the best server ever!! Had a great dinner!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodGreat10Dined on 9/5/2014Lasagna was exceptional and the spaghetti to go was fabulous the next daySpecial Features:
- Not up to parBobJVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been to Maggiano's countless times. This time we both felt that the food was not up to previous standards. I had chicken marsala which did not have much flavor and my wife had eggplant parmigiana in a too sweet sauce. The portions were smaller than they used to be. As an appetizer we had a flatbread to share and that was excellent. If it were not for the flatbread, I would have reduced my rating to two stars.
- great restaurantgreatadultspotDined on 9/4/2014I took a friend for her birthday. The food, service and atmosphere was fantastic. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very accommodatingMargz0807Dined on 9/2/2014We had a dinner here with our 4 and 7 year old. Our girls are a little sensitive to dairy, so we try to keep their dairy to a minimum. We didn't say anything and decided to just order, but our 7 year old said something, after that both the manager and waiter tried to be as accommodating as possible having the kitchen leave dairy out of certain things etc. We did the family style dining light menu. We had the chop salad which we felt was a little heavy on the dressing, the calamari was as expected, the bruschetta was good. The spaghetti and meatballs were fine, but the mushroom ravioli was really good! Perhaps the food was nothing spectacular, but the restaurant was very friendly even though we had kids and some dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!FormerFoodieDined on 9/1/2014Our waiter was wonder. My mother truly enjoyed turning 59 at Maggiano's! We loooved the family style dining. There aren't enough good things I can say about this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mangia, mangia!ChefbexDined on 9/1/2014Maggiano's is one of the best Italian restaurants around. Yes, I know it is a chain, but the portions are HUGE (you can make 3 meals out of the lasagna!), and the service has always been wonderful. The food is excellent; it is well-prepared and flavorful without being too heavy on the spice. I'm not sure about spicy dishes there since I never order them, but I'd be willing to be that if you asked to make something extra spicy, your request would be accommodated with no problem. An excellent restaurant worth the money (you'll have good leftovers!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable varietyJayNCDined on 8/31/2014Maggianos is reliably consistent and good - both the food and the service. There is a good variety of choices and something for almost every budget. Hard to beat!
- One of my 5 favorite in the areaNutmeggerDined on 8/31/2014The Triangle area has a number of very good restaurants and Maggiano's is one of them. The food and service is consistently very good. We try new selections from the family style list every time we go and we have yet to be disappointed with any dish we've ordered. My only criticism this night was our table was wobbly. The wait staff stabilized it a bit, but it should be fixed properly or taken out of service. Nothing like seeing two bottles of good wine swaying back and forth.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014As always we enjoyed Maggiano's. Would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Family styleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If you go with at least 4 people you should do the family style meal. You get as much food as you want and leftovers will be packed and you can take home. Fantastic food and Mark was an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service from RachelAHicksDined on 8/30/2014Rachel was very attentive and kept meal courses progressing at a good pace even though the place was jam packed and extremely busy on a Saturday night. Enjoyed my birthday dinner there very much!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Over all, we had a fabulous experience. We were first seated at a table that was nestled between the two doors to the kitchen. The noise level of dishes bring brought back and tossed in a bin for cleaning, the gathering of wait staff and their conversations, was awful. We were shouting to talk over it all. When we mentioned it to our server - who was wonderful, we were moved immediately. That table should be eliminated. Otherwise great experience.
- They're Greatrunnin4christ1Dined on 8/29/2014Food & atmosphere were great. We love celebrating special occasions there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, as alwaysWAMADined on 8/29/2014My family and I have never been disappointed with the food at Maggiano's, and our most recent experience was no exception! It was a busy Friday night but the food was still perfect.Special Features:
- Great dinner / great timeJR61Dined on 8/27/2014We were celebrating our daughter's 21st birthday. We decided to do the family style menu - my daughter did most of the selections. Apps were Bruschetta, Cheese and Zucchini. Entrees were Salmon (superb), chicken piccata, baked ziti and gnocchi with sausage (daughter loves the sausage in that dish); desert was cheese cake and crème brulee. Every dish was absolutely on point, even the refills. Service was prompt and the waitress was very attentive. We have eaten at Maggiano's several times in the past and had good meals, but this was absolutely one of the best meals I have had in a long while. We all had a great time, went home stuffed and with food for another meal. A great way to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphereZucchiDined on 8/27/2014The Zucchini apetizers were outstanding and a hit to all.Special Features:
- Great mealsFood4MeDined on 8/24/2014Great food at a good price. Yes most people say they are a bit pricey but for the quality of there food and service I disagree. My girlfriend and I ordered the dinner for 2 and we ended up taking home enough food for 4 more meals. Someone at my table had a problem with one of their orders and one of the chefs came out and personally made it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service took foreverOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was good, wine was OK. Services took forever even with reservation. We had to wait for another hour before got a table.Special Features:
- Rude service average foodReeseDined on 8/17/2014Rude and harsh waitress, overpriced and below average food. Had to ask for the butter, parm cheese. Specified we were there for a birthday and nothing was ever mentioned or addressed for the occasion. Restaurant is loud. Will not return.....Special Features:
- BigADined on 8/16/2014Eating utensils were soiled, we requested three sets before we received a clean set.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experience Only OkaytruethatDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went to Maggianos for dinner and the food was pretty good. One of the pasta dishes was not as good as we had remembered, but most of the pasta dishes were good as was the zucchini fritte appetizer. It was my husband's birthday and the fish dish he wanted to order was sold out. The restaurant was so noisy we could barely talk. Moreover, we had reservations and ended up being seated in a thoroughfare. Though the waiter was charming and the food mostly good, the noise level and hustle and bustle made it hard to talk to each other. It was intrusive and unpleasant. The next time we do Maggianos, we think we'd prefer take out.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantBonBon5Dined on 8/16/2014THIS IS MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS AWESOME, THE FOOD AWESOME. EVERYTHING I LOVED ABOUT THE RESTAURANT. I WILL BE RETURNING BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.