Maggiano's - Durham
8030 Renaissance Parkway
Durham, NC 27713Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Durham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 9195720070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Fitzgibbons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 919-572-0188 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Durham
Welcome to Maggiano's Durham located in the Streets of Southpoint Mall. The mall is 5 miles from Research Triangle Park off Interstate 40. Please call us for more specific directions. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The seasonal patio seats 25 and has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Maggiano's - Durham - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Maggiano's - Durham reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)good for groups (144)romantic (86)fit for foodies (65)great for lunch (63)kid-friendly (56)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (36)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great Food & ValueTVHGDined on 10/22/2014The food is always excellent, and the "take-home-a-pasta-dish" opportunity is great!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Maggiano's in Durham is excellent. We were seated promptly upon arriving as I had made a reservation to celebrate a friend's birthday. I had eaten there on several occasions but this was his first time. The waitress was friendly and took care of things we needed. Food was delicious. Plus he loved that the noise level was so that we could talk. He loved celebrating his birthday there and will return. The waitress brought his cake with candles and had taken the time to create a heart shape with one of the candles. It was wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChardChardDined on 10/19/2014The onions in my salad were ver strong. As a result, I could not eat all of itSpecial Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantKeithDined on 10/19/2014Always have a good time here. Staff Friendly. Host Staff Not so Much. Don't let the Host staff deter you from going, as they also seem in an unfriendly or unhelpful mood. Been this way since they opened. Pros: Make a reservation and you'll get a great seat. I always ask for a booth and get it. They have a combo Appetizer/Dinner/Dessert for two people for $39. It's called Marco's Meal. Best Deal! It's well worth it. You get really good portion sizes for dinner and then you get to pick two more (your choice) of dinners to take home with you. Add in the Appetizer and Dessert and you are stuffed. We upgraded our meals ($2) and added grilled chicken ($3.00) and with two drinks from the bar we totaled $58. Great for everything!!Special Features:
- Maggiano's 10/17fatgirlstatusDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I love Maggiano's!!! The food and drinks are always excellent! I was a little disappointed this time, because we had reservations for 8:00 and were not seated until 20 minutes after our reservation time. Also, we ordered 2 salads that were not brought out. When we let our server know, she immediately brought out the salads and was very apologetic. The manager came over right away as well, apologized and took 30% off of our bill. Despite the reservations and salad mishap, we still had a great date night at Maggiano's. We truly appreciated the manager making up for the mistake. Maggiano's shows great patronage and that is why we come back time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Although the food and service were top notch, the wait time was exorbitant. We waited for 20-30 minutes for our appetizer (although we were told it would take a few minutes) and then another 20-30 minutes after receiving the appetizer to get our actual meal.
- Wonderful Anniversary choice!DtruthDined on 10/13/2014Lovely, dark and romantic atmosphere, cozy bar, small but charming patio dining available, extensive menu, delicious dishes, and the best tiramisu on the planet!Special Features:
- Maggiano's reviewGwenDined on 10/12/2014For the first time I had poor service at Maggiano's. We saw our waiter frequently, but only as he visited the table beside us. I literally had to reach out and touch his arm as he hurried by, to get his attention for our table. If the other table kept him too busy to attend to us, I understand, that happens. However, the restaurant should have seated us somewhere else when we came in. The other party came in at the same time we did, so the restaurant was aware of the load they were placing on the waiter. The restaurant was not filled when we entered and there were plenty of other tables in other areas. I have not had this experience at Maggiano's before and hope not to have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the usual experienceNCdinersDined on 10/12/2014Have dined at Maggiano's here and other locations many times and have always been very happy. However, this most recent experience was not up to par. First...the food was wonderful as always. Tried the new Lighter Take and it was delicious. The service was not good on this visit. Server was not organized, seemed distracted and frazzled. Had to ask for bread 3 times, finally getting it after asked a server who was not ours. Appetizers came out separately and not at same time. We found ourselves constantly asking repeatedly for things before getting them. It seemed, to me, that the place overall was disorganized that evening. Perhaps they did not expect that much business on Sunday evening?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and servicefamilyeatsoutDined on 10/12/2014The service was attentive and the food was wonderful. Took advantage of their special on pasta dishes to get one for the restaurant and one for home too. Both dishes were great. Also took advantage of their new healthier choice menu and was also delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointing Dining Experienceslsot001Dined on 10/11/2014The food was mediocre, at best, and the server was indifferent especially after we chose to not go with the pricier family style option. He even cashed out our bill before we received our dessert. Really disappointing to find that this restaurant was no longer a dining option for us.Special Features:
- Great placeKalehuntersDined on 10/10/2014Ambiance, service, food all wonderful. Also, their willingness to accommodate dietary restriction is terrific. Just ask! Recommend highly.
- love itmcknight88Dined on 10/10/2014This place is amazing. I had it in my mind that the prices would be high, so we did save this as a special meal, but turns out the prices are reasonable, especially if you do one of thier many order one take one specials, 2 meals for the price of one! Love it. Can't speak higher. And they were good to my kids which can make or break an experence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodates healthy choicesHealthychoicesDined on 10/4/2014The spinach salad was terrific. I appreciate the lighter fare choices with nutritional values listed. The lighter fare choice I had was fantastic. The chicken piccata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Busy, loud, factory-like bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
- long waits, bad table locationRaleighRezDined on 10/1/2014Service was very good. waitress was very nice and helpful. Food was OK. Biggest beefs were booth location next to kitchen and under the stairs, and long waits for dirinks and then entrees. It was a Wednesday evening and not that busy.
- Great experienceLollyDined on 9/30/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Good value with generous proportions. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberedMurryVIPDined on 9/27/2014It has been a while since we ate here. The lighter fare was outstanding. Such a nice evening.Special Features:
- Love the Balcony seatingredsoxspikeDined on 9/26/2014Our favorite place to eat and where we take special friends and out of town guests. The balcony seating is by far the best spot in the venue. It is more intimate and the noise level is a bit more manageable. Love our server. 2nd time she has taken care of s and she is splendid. Kaitlan, I believe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it...but LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Maggiano's is ALWAYS a favorite...great menu, great food, and great service. My one suggestion for them would be anything they could do to minimize the noise level. The only thing that keeps dining at Maggiano's from being PERFECT is how difficult it is to enjoy a conversation because it's so hard to hear. As you can tell, though, the great parts of Maggiano's still keep me coming back!Special Features:
- Rlr1Dined on 9/25/2014Enjoyable evening, waiter was great.. Definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Unfortunate Again...nikatniteDined on 9/21/2014This was my second time to Maggiano's in Durham and once again I was quite disappointed. My food looked like it had sit under a food lamp for an hour and tasted like it too. There's really not much more to say.Special Features:
- DisappointedDebbieDined on 9/21/2014We did not stay for this reservation. My husband and I really like Maggiano's. BUT we were really disappointed Sunday. Our reservation was for a booth. They always honor this request. On Sunday they sat us at a table instead of our booth request. When asked about waiting for a booth the gentleman was NOT willing to check how long the wait would be! So we walked out. In retrospect we should have asked for a manager so they would have known what happened and the unwillingness for the gentleman to help us. POOR customer service!! Which is totally contradictory to Maggiano's norm.
- Excellent food, beautiful setting.LuvtheFoodLuvtheFood1Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time eating at MAGGIANO'S and it was very good. Food was very tasty, seating area was comfortable, was very crowded and not noisy. That was a plus 10 alone. The restaurant is beautifully designed. Inside and outside. Elegant. Can't wait to go back. I Drove 55 miles to get there and I will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggianosccsdsDined on 9/20/2014We went with two people who have never gone to Maggiano's and ordered from the family style menu. They thought the food was very good and liked the choices. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and the new healthier choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lighter sideBettyDined on 9/18/2014Once again had a wonderful meal at Maggiano's. They have a new lighter side that is simply delicious. I got the baked ziti. They substituted chicken sausage for the port sausage and made the sauce lighter. But they made it with alot of flavor and I believe they cut it to half the calories. You have to try it!! Very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suisse19Dined on 9/17/2014food is always good; buy one, get one deal is fabulousSpecial Features:
- Our Go-To place for occasionsEssieinNCDined on 9/15/2014Hubby and I come here for all our special occasions: birthdays, anniversaries, family visits, whatever the celebration is!Special Features:
- celebrateDined on 9/13/2014Though noisy and very busy, lots of hustle and bustle, service was attentive and food was delicious. We were celebrating a new job, perfect place for a fun event. Would definitely making a reservation to avoid a possible lengthy wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorpoorDined on 9/13/2014You need to train your wait staff. This was our first time in 2 years because off the low Food rating score. I will not return again. I would not recommend it to my friends.
- LIGHTER TAKELyzaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Bi-monthly diners at Maggiano's, we were very disappointed Saturday evening when we entertained our house guests. Our reservation for 7pm was made a couple days earlier and we were seated in a lovely booth per our request. Our server was very friendly, but he commented that our below issues were with the beverage/food runners. Our bottle of wine never arrived until we inquired about it when our warm/tepid entrees were served. Only one couple was served the salad ordered; the other couple received their salad after getting the attention of our waiter and asking what happened. Hence, salad served and the entrees probably sat finished under a warming light due to this screw up. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Been to Maggianos many times. Food iis always good. Wine prices high but can live with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014food and service were really great. tables were too close together... person sitting at table behind me kept bumping into my chair just to be able to get out of theirs. as the evening went on the music level became so loud I had trouble having a conversation with the people at my table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite SpotFood4ThoughtDined on 9/12/2014We always look forward to stopping at Maggiano's whenever were in the area. Most of the time we have a great meal with great service. This night was no exception. This is a very busy place so if you want to not wait for a hour or two.... that's not unheard of... you need to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereexceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Cesar salad was dry, food was ok. I expected much more of the food than what I got. It was nothing special at all. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, the decor was exceptional h h h uhh . U cbc y u g "Special Features:
- New Lighter MenuApexCrazyDined on 9/12/2014Wanted to try the newer "lighter" menu so I ordered the chicken parm. Not as good as the original but good for a reduced calorie dish. It was better the second day when I ate the leftovers. Old menu item crabcakes were as good as ever. No lighter but good. The server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday and AnniversarybushDined on 9/7/2014I had a birthday on the 7th and 35 years married on Sept. 8th. Dined there on Sept. 7th and it was wonderful. had a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one star at best.TTNY007Dined on 9/6/2014Ordered soup took 3 people to find a spoon, by then you guessed it the soup was cold. Wanted desert but waiter never asked. Salad had no dressing on it, to bad there was no waiter to ask for dressing. Food was cold. The list is endless. Save your money, plenty of other choices in the area.
- SteelieDined on 9/6/2014We had an incredible time celebrating my husband's birthday. Food was fabulous!! Our waiter - Parker was Fantastic!! We sat upstairs for the first time and it was beautiful experience. Love the view of all of the activity downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrahamNCDined on 9/6/2014Made reservations and was seated on time. Food was great and we had the best server ever!! Had a great dinner!Special Features: