Maggiano's - Columbia
10300 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 4107303706
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: African, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Delano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano"s delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests.
A word from Maggiano's - Columbia
Maggiano's specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner and offer a convenient carryout service as well as delivery. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes including homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maggiano's - Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Maggiano's - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
408 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (208)special occasion (173)kid-friendly (125)great for lunch (121)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (117)great for outdoor dining (65)hot spot (64)romantic (62)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (38)late-night find (25)vibrant bar scene (21)scenic view (11)Show More
- place where you like to come backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014It's a great casual dining place to go and enjoy with your friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinkDined on 9/27/2014The food was ok...however the acoustics of the building make it very noisy. Ok if you don't want to enjoy a quiet evening of diningSpecial Features:
- Decent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014This was the first dinner that my husband had with just the 2 of us we ususally dine with family. However, the food was decent. A bit on the salty side but overall decent.
- Great food, was very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food was great, the service was fantastic. Everyone was friendly from the moment we entered the restaurant. I will definitely come back many times and will recommend to friends; having take out is a great idea as well for this area. We had the family style menu and each dish was very good. I love you guys.Special Features:
- Many ChoicesFatsoVIPDined on 9/21/2014plenty of good food to choose from and now menu has items that count calories for those who think they can loose weight eating here. They can'tSpecial Features:
- Still wonderfulPleaseLouiseDined on 9/21/2014We have been eating at Maggiano's for at least 16 years (well....not every day or every meal!...but you get the picture!) and the quality and deliciousness still ring true, no matter which location we eat at. Bravo!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014I was there celebrating my wife birthday. Awesome service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlyCasualDinnerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Maggiano's has always been a good go to for large family events. They have not disappointed. The food is consistently good and the service was good. I wasn't keen on sitting near the door, but I must say I was pleasantly pleased by the fact that traffic coming and going did not interfere with our dinner. Tables were far enough apart that we weren't constantly bumping into others - very much needed for a family place. Be warned though that it is a "family" restaurant - kids and large groups are the norm so if you want a romantic table for two this may not be your place.Special Features:
- Eating goodcdininggoodDined on 9/21/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was excellent. I had a good meal and all the servers were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceMurph21044Dined on 9/20/2014I was most impressed with the attention given to accommodate us. I had a reservation for 4 and 2 additional friends came without my prior knowledge and was seated at my table when I arrived. It was a table for 4, but at the last minute, the restaurant staff was able to accommodate us and cleaned a table for six at the last minute. I was annoyed with my friends but the restaurant staff were very pleasant. The food was excellent. I loved the hot bread with olive oil dip. I will be back to try brunch, as I am always looking for a nice place to have brunch on Sundays.Special Features:
- wildcatglutenfreeDined on 9/20/2014Great food, fun, and atmosphere. Our waiter Travis worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed. Service was outstanding and portions were large. Good value with quality food. The stuffed mushrooms were large and juicy. The chicken picatta was tender and juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicenotreturnDined on 9/20/2014Made reservation. 15 min wait upon arrival at reservation time. Service EXTREMELY slow. Very loud, had to raise voice to chat at table.Special Features:
- Veal Dishes - overpricedNickname0920Dined on 9/20/2014The veal Parm I ordered were okay but over priced in that the spaghetti you get with it tastes like it came from a box. Nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddieEddieDined on 9/19/2014We sat at a table in the bar facing the waiting area and it was noisy. Our server was scarce and we had to ask for bread twice which came after our meal.Special Features:
- Missing IngredientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Overall our dining experience was good. We waited almost 50 minutes for our food only to fund out that they were out of stock on one of the main ingredients Clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experienceoutwithfamDined on 9/14/2014We arrived at the restaurant earlier than our reservation time and was seated early. Love that! Food was superb. It was my birthday and my husband told the waitress. She didn't acknowledge it and he along with my sons were upset.She was overwhelmed. Too many people in her area. We had to ask for stuff 2/3 times because she didn't remember. Might come back and try again later. Overall the food was the best. Delicious. with husband and family a later time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SyrenDined on 9/13/2014My mother and I found this restaurant on accident in the mall. We knee they were redoing the outside section so we decided to check it out. Luckily we had the best waitress ever, and she took wondrous care of my mother and I and it was my moms birthday. Best girls night out ever. So we took my uncle back for his birthday on the 13th and he adored the place. Best choice ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janel JMOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Open Table was AWESOME!! Had it not been for Open Table...we would've arrived at the restaurant and waited 2 hours for the first available seat. THANK YOU! The chicken marsala was a little bland, so I truly appreciate the decreased wait time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It was good we made a reservation. The wait time was loooong. The other food was ok, but the lasagna was DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something newGoodTimesDined on 9/13/2014Tried the lighter options on 2 dishes and they were great for about 1/2 the calories of the original. That gave us room for the dessert sampler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPepeluisDined on 9/13/2014Can't say enough about Maggiano's. Great food (and a lot of it), great service. Our server, Roni, was first class. Very, very pleasant.Special Features:
- Great foodVeronicaDined on 9/13/2014Chicken parm and chicken marsala were fantastic!! Kids enjoyed their alfredo and pizza PLUS the portions were a great size!Special Features:
- first time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014the salad was excellent the veal parmigiana was tough and over breaded. Pasta was pretty goods but was stuck together.Special Features:
- Good night out!casualdinerDined on 9/12/2014I would highly recommend reservations if you have a larger group. We had reservations and it still took about 20 minutes to get to our table. Family style option is good if you have big eaters, but we didn't really eat as much as we thought we would. We will definitely go back and try some other dishes. Service by Gabriel was great!Special Features:
- Diane EDianeDined on 9/12/2014Loved the food. Waitstaff was great. The manager came to our table to make sure all was well. (A touch of class) We were meeting friends who we hadn't been together with for over a year and sat and visited for over 2.5 hours. We never felt rushed that we had to give up the table. Great night.Special Features:
- Friday, September 12LauraDined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I go out to eat every Friday night for date night. This Friday we decided to go to Maggiano's in order to try it out. We ended up sitting at the bar due being able to get happy hour until 7. When we sat down, we were told by the bartender we would have to wait a few minutes so he could clean up the **whole** bar before getting us our drinks. We then went on to wait about 5-10 before he came back to us to take our drink order. Our drinks took about 10 minutes to make, and then when we were ready to order it took another 15 minutes to order. The food was fantastic, but with the service was horrible; I will never be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/8/2014What a value! Great pasta at a reasonable price. Large portions. Everything from the bread to the dessert tastes fresh and homemade.Special Features:
- Food A+, service C+JoeElkridgeMDDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent and the portion sizes were enough for two meals. My only complaint was our waiter could have come around more often to check on our drinks. And when he did come around, he'd zip off or even forget what he was supposed to have brought from our previous request. Seriously, the group at the next table got tired of waiting for him and filled their own water goblets. And when we were ready for dessert, he neglected to ask the others at our table if they had any orders and just brought mine out. I had to wait until their desserts were brought out several minutes later. The lady who actually brought our food to us was much more attentive and fulfilled half our requests, but I'm not sure if she got any of the tip.Special Features:
- Friendly ServiceLynneDined on 9/7/2014The entrance staff are friendly and warm, but professional and curtious. Our Waiter was fantastic. He had knowledge of wines and food but he gave off a warmth and understanding of what we ALL wanted from him. We all had a good laugh with him and and several conversations which made this experience very positive. I would highly recommend this place for any kind of occassion. There is NO limitation here. Great people Great food and Great prices! Thanks...I'll be back:)Special Features:
- Crowded on a Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant has been here for a few months and is very popular and busy. We had 8:45 reservation but arrived around 8:30 to get a drink. We checked in, were given a buzzer and told that our table would be ready closer to our reservation. It turned out that we weren't seated until 9:00. At that time there were still many people waiting for tables. They have a great deal for two where you split an appetizer (or get two side salads), each get a pasta entree and you share a dessert. In addition, you each get to bring an entree home with you. All for about $40. You can't beat that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodweekenddinerDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed the food, however the waiter was too slow in bringing out my glass of wine and our second order of bread. The restaurant was extremely busy and many crying children next to our lovely booth. If not for that, the evening would have been a lot more pleasurable. The portions are large so I suggest sharing appetizers and entrees. The apple crisp dessert was wonderful. Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much Great FoodAvsjunkieDined on 9/6/2014The sangria is a must. The food was outstanding and the portion size is plentiful. The service was exceptional. The bonus feature is they give you an entree to take home. I recommend the Lasagna and the ZitiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedFoodieDined on 9/5/2014I have been to Tyson's corner McLean maggianos, they serve uou better and the food tastes much better. We had to ask the server for bread in Columbia's whereas McLean's one we were variety of breads once we arrived and settled down on our table !!!Special Features:
- OccasionalDinerDined on 9/3/2014Service was excellent. Our server was perfect combination of attention and leaving us to enjoy. One issue was their family service. No where on the menu did we see it listed that this was entire table or nothing. One member in our party wanted to order on their own and this was not permissible. Would be helpful to have that posted to avoid embarrassment. Overall it was a good experience, good value for the money and good service.Special Features:
- What a Hit, Now a MissLululovetoeatDined on 9/3/2014We have been to this location about 10 times since it opened. The place started off amazing, comparable to other Maggiano's we'd dined at; however, there has been a very noticable decline with each of the past few visits; they've been out of a menu item, the service is lacking, the drinks are no longer routinely served with garnishes, even the cleanliness of the place isn't as expected for this type of establishment. We've also noticed that the food isn't consistent in portions, for example the Chicken Marsala has come with a lot of pasta to barely any pasta and the same can be said for the sauce and the kids meal is sometimes served with cookies and the last two times it wasn't.
- Outstanding Food. Even for kids.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014We have been to Maggiano's several times and the food never disappoints. We also like the light offerings. We especially like the items with a second take home entree. On this one occasion our service was lacking. We took our kids and so the bread went fast. We asked for a second serving and our waiter gave us a hard time. We will still go back but will request a different waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cares about customersSteeltownDined on 9/1/2014Goes out of their way to make sure that they serve food that meets your dietary needs. The Chef will ever come to your table to discuss gluten options, etc. Never seen this done at other establishment.Special Features:
- little italymageDined on 9/1/2014This is my favorite restauraunt, the food is always amazing. I always order something different and they do an outstanding job on every meal. The only part that knocks out a starin my rating is that the waiter/waitress always seems to forget my dessert or the take home pasta for some of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than good serviceCAgirlinMDDined on 9/1/2014We've been to Maggiano's all over the U.S. however, this is our second attempt at this "new" location. The first time, the service was terrible. I chalked it up to it being a new restaurant. Unfortunately, the second time we went, it was just as bad. It wasn't even busy and they had open tables around the bar area but no one was allowed to sit there. Even with a reservation, we still had to wait 15 minutes. The food and ambiance was standard Maggiano's but it's the worst customer service we've ever had from start to finish at any Maggiano's. There were times when we wouldn't see our servicer for 15-20 minutes at a time, the bill took forever to get, etc. All and all, I would rate it a 2 out of 5 because of the lack of service.Special Features:
- Newest Columbia family findRaveDined on 8/30/2014Maggiano's has great food at a strong value. Their dessert sampler is a wonderful way to end a meal. The only concerns I have in their long term success both center with the bar. We thought the price of wines was way above anything in the immediate area. Great wines, but even above the standard 40-50% markup. The second concern is that the other 6 mall perimeter restaurants, all within walking distance (and not counting Seasons) have a better bar space/option to wait for their table. Given their pricing, another $25 + tip could have been generated from 6 different couples as we all waited for our tables of various sizes outside the restaurant. This may cost them the U30 and +50 no kids crowd in the long term.Special Features: