Maggiano's - Chicago
516 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Maggiano's - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maggianos.com/
- Phone: 3126447700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Francie Copeland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Maggiano's delivers! Just place your order, and we'll take care of the rest. All delivery orders include: table coverings, plates & utensils, a complete setup to keep the food warm throughout your event, party-sized pans providing generous portions for all of your guests. Please call 312-644-5555 to schedule your delivery. Orders must be placed by 7 p.m. for next-day delivery. Minimum order required. Delivery fee applies.
A word from Maggiano's - Chicago
Welcome to Maggiano's Chicago, located in downtown Chicago on the corner of Clark & Grand. Maggiano's 260 seat dining room is a quick trip from the Water Tower Mall, Navy Pier & the Art Museum. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, baby shower, or important client meeting. The outdoor seasonal patio has an old-world feel of dining on the bustling streets of Florence. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including the SBC Ameritech Merger conference & the Maggiano's "Linebacker Luncheon," an event open to the public that featured the first ever meeting of gridiron greats Dick Butkus & Brian Urlacher. Look for exciting future events including the Chicago Sports Celebrity Dinner. Recent celebrity visitors include John Lithgow & Magic Johnson. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maggiano's - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (190)special occasion (150)kid-friendly (99)great for lunch (98)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (84)hot spot (44)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (36)late-night find (24)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (11)Show More
- Great family style italian place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Great service and quality! Dining here since the '90's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Especially good servicebrandywineDined on 9/28/2014We had a great meal at Maggiano's -- only problem was the kitchen got our order slightly wrong and the server took the meal back to the kitchen where it disappeared for like 15 minutes. As soon as our waiter heard, however, he went back in there and marched the server out with the food and great apologies. The food was totally worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNixxsDined on 9/27/2014I hadn't been here in years but it was worth a trip back! The food was excellent and the portions were more than enough. We were looking for italian food and lucked up on an available table within 10 mins of searching. The wait staff was upbeat and gave honest opinions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014From being able to be seated right away (we made a reservation), to the amazing service we received from our server as well as other staff, we couldn't have been happier. It was our first time at any Maggianos and all we have talked about this weekend is how amazing the food and experience was. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our anniversary funDunDuntDined on 9/26/2014We choose Maggianos for our anniversary dinner because we had gone there for our second date, though it was a different location, and we both note that date as when we started to fall for each other. So we went, ordered a bottle of wine, our waitress was great at helping us narrow down our choices and we went with a great Pinot Nior, paired perfectly with dinner. The restaurant was busy but we barely noticed. We never felt rushed to get out of our table. Our waitress even brought us a plate of lemon zest cookies with a candle and chocolate icing that read Happy Anniversary on the plate for dessert. It was very sweet of her. We were very happy with our experience. I wouldn't be surprised if we returned next September 26th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Lunch ExperienceOmarieDined on 9/26/2014My friend and I had the most wonderful lunch with delicious food and excellent service. Our server, John, was superb. He was attentive, knowledgeable about the menu, and enthusiastic. The chef let us try one of their lighter fare menu items, chicken parmigiana, and it was very flavorful served with a tasty handmade pasta. The portion sizes of the items we ordered were huge. We had plenty to take home and enjoy. Overall, a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Love Maggianos, don't love servicebrookemaryDined on 9/25/2014Food was great but service was terrible. Our poor waitress was absolutely overwhelmed as well as the other staff. our family loves Maggianos but will stay away from this location in the future.Special Features:
- Awesome experience as alwaysAngelInTrainingDined on 9/21/2014The food and service were world class as usual. That is why Maggiano's - Chicago is my go to place for dining. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous!MichelleandShawnDined on 9/20/2014Maggiano's never disappoints! We live about 2.5 hours away or we would be frequent flyers at your restaurant! Wonderful food and service, and the best Cosmo I've had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, it was both of our first time going there and had such a great time. Great food, great atmosphere, and the wait staff was so helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiter.MinibirthdaydinnerDined on 9/14/2014I believe our waiters name was john. Best waiter we could've gotten. Checked up often. Very friendly. Easy to talk to. He was very enthusiastic and we later found out it was his first day. He did a better job that what seemed an older employee might have done. Many other employees looked like they were just in bad moods. Not friendly or approachable whats so ever. They looked at some people as if they didn't belong there or couldn't afford it. Other maggiano locations I've been to didn't have this kind of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yucky!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Our service was awful - it took at least 15 minutes for us to even see or know who our waiter was when we got there. The food was ordinary. My daughters meal came out of the kitchen at least 10 minutes after everyone else's did. There were only 5 of us at our table. Probably never going to go back again.
- Maggiano's is still the best!!!PhillipMichaelVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food and the service at Maggiano's is always outstanding. I always leave there thinking about when I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Took my sister here to celebrate her birthday. We took advantage of the meal for two which was a great value - included an appetizer, two entrees and two free entrees to take home, and dessert, all for $39.95. We had an attentive waiter. Food was good. We were not rushed. It was enjoyable!Special Features:
- Italian Food Maggiano's StylenightwithoutkidsDined on 9/13/2014I have never had a bad meal at Maggiano's! This was the first time the wife and I dined at the Downtown Chicago location and we were not disappointed. We started of with the Breaded Calamari and for entrées I enjoyed Mom's Lasagna while my wife indulged in Baked Eggplant Parmesan. For dessert, Tiramisu hit the spot!!! If you're visiting Downtown Chicago, you definitely have to experience Maggiano's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Environment is a problemBGDM7450Dined on 9/12/2014I'm really not overly critical of my dining environment but during the past two visits, we have been crammed into a dining room that is so incredibly tight that we were--on both occasions--seated in chairs with the backs of our chairs touching the backs of the chairs of other diners. I enjoyed a nice meal with the diner behind me moving constantly, knocking against my chair, and needing to get up. (I hesitate to imagine what would have happened in case of a fire).Thus, I had to get up as well. All of this at a table right next to the kitchen, the door opening and closing every 30 seconds. Our last visit was no better. While the food is fine, it does not make up for a very difficult seating situation!
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We booked this for our wedding anniversary since we do not get any "homestyle" italian food in our town. Food and service was great. they even gave us a little personalized dessert. The restaurant is big and somewhat loud but we knew that from the past,.Special Features:
- Another Great Night at MaggianosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014It's like going back home every time we visit Chicago and eat at Maggianos. Service is great, and everyone is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- fun2dineDined on 9/7/2014I have dined in several of your restaurant. I have found my experience to be wonderful, no matter the location. My family & I especially like to celebrate special occasions with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectRonald69Dined on 9/2/2014Had guests from out of town and wanted to show them the city, including a great place for dinner! Enjoyed the elegance as well as uniqueness of a Chicago eatery that had a wide-blend of menu options at a reasonable price. Easy to find and close to other sites, including downtown features and Wrigley Field!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family and FriendsFriendshipDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I celebrated our daughter's and cousin's birthday at the restaurant. We were treated as honored guest. The love and kindness that we received was heart felt and genuine. Their manager and staff were simply impeccable in there handling of our large dinner party. We especially want to thank Maggiano's manager for allowing the use of their grand piano. Last but not least, " THE FOOD WAS GREAT" ,Thank you Maggiano's Chicago for the best birthday ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation and still waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a reservation and still waited to be seated. I can not remember the last time that happened anywhere. The last few times we have been there, service has been VERY slow. Maybe that is why they have a hard time honoring reservation times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatgabbasbatmanDined on 8/30/2014Great place, definitely recommend it! to all folks that are visiting/living in chicagoSpecial Features:
- A perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Came to see my daughter at DePaul and took her and her friends (for a total of 7) out for a good meal. Everything was GREAT! Our waiter Victor was right que with course serving, keeping our wine glasses full while never disappearing or hovering over us. The evening was never rushed for us and the food was excellent! So many places to go out in Chicago, but I wouldn't hesitate to head back to Clark and Chicago for another wonderful meal. One final thought, DO NOT leave out Nona's toasted pound cake when you place your dessert order! Epicurians Delight!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gathering!BrandiKDined on 8/24/2014The food is great, portions are huge and the nicest waiter ever, Michael, was super awesome!!! By far the best overall Maggiano's! Very inviting, laid back, but classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomehappydinerDined on 8/23/2014Went with family members to celebrate a 21st birthday. All of us enjoyed the evening, the food, the special dessert for the birthday girl, etc. What a great place!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMrsbDined on 8/22/2014It was my husbands first time and he loved! The wine was awesome and I got my favorite dish, chicken MarsalaSpecial Features:
- Bad tasteprincessDDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went here for lunch on a Friday afternoon. He ordered Chicken Parmesan and I got the Lemon and Herb Salmon. The salmon was well done but it had a distinct fishy odor which was definitely not appealing. The husband didn't like the chicken parmesan as it wasn't to his taste. The chef was called and he tried to correct the situation but it didn't help. Also, there were flies flying around and that really made me lose my appetite. I have been to Maggiano's in Old Orchard and had a totally different experience, but this time I wasn't very happy with my dining experience.
- 2luvbirdsDined on 8/21/2014Great food! Exceptional service! I took my wife out for her birthday and she loved it! We'll make it there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeas50Dined on 8/20/2014we had this waitress named Britney. she was fantastic! she made our experience really enjoyable. we made a point to Tell her and thank her. people like her are what keep me coming back. the food is always delicious but when it's served by someone like Britney, its unforgettableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianLuvofbagelsDined on 8/20/2014Maggiano's has great classic Italian food in an old Chicago style atmosphere. When you're extra hungry your table can order off of the family style menu and select a few appetizers and entrees to share. They are delicious and bottomless. Great chopped salad too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Maggiano's is my favorite place to go, especially for a date night.Special Features:
- servicefoodforlifeDined on 8/18/2014My server was nice and polite with a smile. Although nice does not equate to being a good server. She brought our dessert with plates without utensils. We had to ask for it. The table was never properly cleared. We always had stacked plates that were accumulating waiting to be cleared. During dessert and even until we left, our bread baskets,plates with oil and parmesan remained on the table. We sat there with all of our dirty dessert plates and empty water glasses. I think since we had paid perhaps service was over and she is doing her checkout. I asked a male server who was working next to her for a to go container and said yes but never brought it.Special Features:
- Little Italy in ChicagoHatmanDined on 8/18/2014Maggiano's is a long time gem on Clarke Street in Chicago....The room exudes the ambiance of yesteryear, you can almost expect Frank or Dean to walk in along with Al Capone and others.....The portions are large, well prepared and served with top quality serving staff that really look after all the diners needs....Music sets the mood for a great Italian eatery......wafting sounds of Sinatra, Martin, Ella and more make the dining experience that much more special....The desserts are spendid, you just have to walk a lot to burn them off and of course in downtown Chicago that is not a problem. This is old world Italian food, ambiance and its great to see they not gone new age and made the effort to stay true to course of 30's Chicago.Special Features:
- LOVELY EXPERIENCEMSOHIOVALDined on 8/18/2014THIS RESTAURANT WAS RECOMMENDED BY A COLLEAGUE. IT LIVED UP TO HYPE. I HAD THE LOBSTER SPAGHETTI DISH. IT WAS FILLING. THEY ARE NOT STINGY ON THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU ARE GIVEN. GREAT ATMOSPHERE.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I'm a regular at different Maggiano's locations. Despite being a mini chain restaurant, Maggiano's consistently continues to serve better Italian food than most. There have been times at various Maggiano's where the food was very good but not great; our visit on Sunday stood out as one of the best, both in attentive service (our waiter was training a new staff member) and food quality. Everything came hot and fresh from the kitchen, and our requested extra marinara sauce for the calamari and butter in addition to the standard olive oil for the bread were immediately answered.Special Features:
- Maggiano's is one of my favorites.Cyncity79Dined on 8/17/2014I cook well and can recreate alot of the food you get in restaurants. But when I want the total dining experience this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoshDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent, wonderful staff and atmosphere. Overall just a great experience downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service. Love itJmksoxDined on 8/16/2014Been before and will continue to come back year after year. Great food and amazing service!!! Best italian in Chicago! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maggiano's downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Although I was late for my reservation, Maggiano staff was able to sit us within 15 minutes so we were appreciative of their ability to accommodate our situation. In terms of food service, our waiter was friendly and attentive. Moreover, the food portions we received were more than adequate for people with extremely large appetites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.